Media keys support for online radio and streaming music apps.
Link your keyboard's native media keys to streaming radio and music apps to play, pause and skip songs like you would iTunes, even when Chrome is in the background or focused on a different tab. The controls, currently playing song and album art also appear in the extension's popup so you can skip hunting for which tab is playing your music, or in case you don't have media keys. If you play a track in a new tab while music is already playing in another, the extension pauses the old music so you hear the new, preventing you from playing two songs on top of each other. It supports dozens of music apps, with more being added by request. @Swayfm -- [email protected] We support: 22tracks 8tracks Albumkings Amazon Music Audiogalaxy Bandcamp Beats Music Cliggo Deezer di.fm dr.dk radio DREAMFM Earbits Ex.fm Feedly (for podcasts) FocusAtWill Gaana GetWorkDoneMusic.com Google Music Grooveshark iHeartRadio Jango JB HiFi Now Last.fm Mixcloud Music163 musicforprogramming.com Mog MyCloudPlayer Netflix HTML5 Player (beta) Noon Pacific New MySpace Nokia Mixradio Overcast.fm Pandora Player.fm Playlist.com Pleer Plex Poolsidefm RBMAradio Rdio Rhapsody Saavn Scribd Shuffler.fm Slacker Radio Songdrop Songza Soundcloud Soundtracker Spotify Stitcher Subsonic Sverigesradio The Hypemachine (hypem.com) Thesixtyone Thisismyjam.com TidalHifi Tubalr TuneIn Radio Turntable.fm Twitter Music Vessel Vimeo Wearehunted Xbox Music Yandex Music Yandex Music Youtube (beta, only on youtube.com) and a lot more, i kind of stopped keeping track. If there's any sites you'd like to see supported, send us an email at [email protected], or if you'd like to support the open source project check out https://github.com/msfeldstein/chrome-media-keys If you want to add media keys support into your own music app, try out our integration api: http://sway.fm/api.html @Swayfm -- [email protected]
- (2019-09-28) Tethtibis Deseidhr: Once I read the info and actually mapped the keyboard shortcuts as directed, it worked fantastically.
- (2019-02-27) Scribd doesn't work.
- (2018-12-13) Jaymo: I've used it for years and for about 95% of the time it works perfectly and when it doesn't, it's usually fixed within a week or so. However, recently the developer's website has gone offline so the email does not work but he is still pushing updates so can't really complain there. Disclaimer: I downloaded the extension when it was free and did NOT pay for it.
- (2018-12-05) Артем Игнатьев: Doesn't work with youtube music :(
- (2018-03-11) Ricky Dwi: why i cant backwards videos in youtube ? PLease answer im using k95 Platinum Until It fixed my rated will still be the same
- (2018-01-06) Mike Binns: Loved it but it seems to have stopped working recently.
- (2017-12-28) Ryan Swaim: Never worked and never got a response from the developer to refund my purchase.
- (2017-10-13) Joe Pairman: Worked alright for a couple of hours then stopped working with my Mac's media keys altogether. Have tried restarts, reinstalls, going into settings, but nothing works. An email to the developers bounced. Also, developer doesn't seem to be responding to support items on here? Not sure what else I can do — happy to adjust rating if I later find out there's a way to get it working.
- (2017-09-06) Matt Adshead: This is a good utility app. As others have said seems to not work, at least for Mixcloud, as of recently. There's one feature this plugin is sorely missing which would make it a lot better. That feature is simply a switch in the browser toolbar icon which allows you to toggle the extension on and off on the fly. If you use this extension and want to switch between Spotify's desktop client and web based players a lot it is a curse as it prevents the Spotify client from responding to the media keys. If when switching to Spotify I could toggle the extension off from the toolbar rather than having to disable it in advanced Chrome settings this app would be so much more usable.
- (2017-07-03) Oleg Tsarkov: Поддерживает Яндекс Музыку отлично, нажимать кнопку "пауза/воспроизведение" можно, находясь в любом приложении, и музыка действительно будет останавливаться и воспроизводиться. Также действуют контролы пропуска треков.
- (2017-06-29) Chris Johnson: Love it and it's been very helpful, but has completely stopped working in the past week.
- (2017-05-12) N Yv: Hey Sway can you update the extension, it does not work with the last layout of Youtube (they broke everything...)
- (2017-01-03) Kevin Morris: I can't live without it!
- (2016-10-28) This extension has a lot of promise and is the only one of its kind that actually works. However, it does not seem to work with a lot of external wireless keyboard media keys, only with laptop keyboard media keys, although this appears to be a driver compatibility issue, not exactly a bug, but will hopefully be remedied in future versions. Also, it sometimes doesn't recognize playing content on YouTube and the page hsa to be refreshed. Work in progress, otherwise thanks for the great extension!
- (2016-09-11) Tomas Slusny: Working on Netflix, working on Spotify, so yea, my life is complete now. Never bought Chrome extension before, but this one is worth every cent spent. EDIT: Changed to 4 stars because album art link is broken.
- (2016-08-29) Phillip Quinlan: OMG, it works! I am from New Zealand by the way! Works even though you are in another application! Note that you need to refresh the website so that it can detect it. Using for Google Play Music by the way.
- (2016-06-21) Patrick Kennedy: My "o.o amazeballs" moment was when I was listening to an OST on Bandcamp after listening to stuff on Google Music and after I hit play on my keyboard I thought "aww. Now I have to pause and go hunt for the tab." Much to my surprise it did exactly what I would have wanted and started Bandcamp up again. Thanks for making such a wonderful extension! UPDATE 06/21/16: I went to grab it for my work computer and found it has moved to a pay model, and I just want to say for anyone reading it's completely worth $2. Not having to pause your music to watch a Youtube video a friend sends you makes it worth every penny.
- (2016-05-19) Jonathan Walker: It just works, that's the beauty of it.
- (2016-05-15) Aleš Nezbeda: OMG, this is worth every cent I paid. It is totally awesome! Good job.
- (2016-04-29) Brien Prendergast: Love the ability to pause my music with a remote rather than having to come to the PC everytime.
- (2016-04-19) Perrrrfect on Chrome with Mac. I run it with Songza (also awesome, download it now!) and my keyboard skip/pause keys work nearly flawlessly now matter what screen I'm on/in!!!
- (2016-02-11) Mark Benson: The only extension I have ever paid for. Totally worth it, makes Play Music work like a native media player on all the platforms I use!
- (2016-02-08) Muhammad Usman: I love this extension! It's very useful for listening to multiple music sources, like youtube, pandora, and spotify.
- (2016-01-18) Jason Davis: even works with amazon music. Well worth the ££
- (2015-11-09) Mateusz Golewski: Doesn't work with OSX El Captain, Chromium and Spotify Web Player: http://sh.st/bCL71
- (2019-12-27, v:4.68) Jim Buszkiewicz: Slacker no longer works...
The media keys no longer work with slacker. Are you still supporting this extension? Or should I try to find a different extension?
- (2019-10-15, v:4.68) Reony Tonneyck: Failed - Needs authorization
I'm trying to install this and getting the download message - "Failed - Needs authorization"
- (2019-07-10, v:4.68) Reony Tonneyck: Your website link is broken
Your website link is broken on the extension page. Also, how do we restore a purchase if we used it on another device?
- (2019-05-30, v:4.68) Mareli Basson: Bug - Skipping songs in Google Play Music
Loving the extension! Just recently noticed a small bug. If i use the media keys to skip to a next song, it tends to skip two songs, instead of just skipping to the next song in the queue.
- (2019-04-19, v:4.68) Michael Core: Pandora
Firstly, I really like the extension. Alternatively, media Keys should automatically work with the media that is being consumed on the pc/mac. It makes no since why I have to pay extra for a keyboard that has media keys and then pay a third party developer to actually use said media keys. Getting to my issue, is anyone else having an issue with the media keys working for Pandora in the chrome browser? The extension menu is indicating that there is nothing playing right now, when Pandora is playing. I am not getting this same error with YouTube. My media keys and the extension seems to be working fine in the chrome browser for YouTube. I tried restarting my browser and that had no effect on the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- (2019-04-18, v:4.68) Reony Tonneyck: Add YouTube Music please
Hi! Could you please add support for YouTube Music? YouTube support alone doesn't make the Music site work with your extension. Thanks!
- (2019-03-26, v:4.68) brad mccrorey: iHeartRadio
Seems not to work - I've tested other sites and they're working just fine, but not this one. I'm on Windows 10, using Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit). Please help?
- (2018-05-12, v:4.65) Mikael Lilvanen: Didn't get money back?
I purchased this and tested it. It didn't work for me so I clicked "cancel purchase" so I supposed that I would get my money back but I didn't... So would you help me?
- (2018-05-04, v:4.65) Not working globally
I just purchased Media Keys and am very excited about using it, however it will not work globally regardless of how I set the Keyboard Shortcuts. I uninstalled Google Play Music too, so I know that is not competing with it or hijacking the shortcuts. Is there any solution to this? I am really hoping to get it to work globally, otherwise its not really of use to me. Thanks for your help. Kind regards
- (2018-05-02, v:4.65) Andrea Mathews: Stitcher Support
In the app description, Stitcher was listed as being supported. However, Media Keys does not seem to recognize that Stitcher is playing. I have confirmed that the plugin works with Youtube.
- (2018-04-28, v:4.65) Jerome Swannack: Plex Media
Hi, just purchased this extension in the hopes to replace "stream keys" which appears to have been discontinued. That extension allowed me to play/pause my plex media (videos mainly). How hard would it be to implement this functionality? I saw plex on the supported list in the media keys description, which is why I purchased this. However i am not able to do this, may be that i have it set up wrong. Any help appreciated. Cheers Jerome