Spotify notifications, hotkeys and playlists everywhere on your desktop
This extension allows to manage the Spotify web player when is not in focus. You can rapidly change songs or search for artists without using the web player page. The interface is also detachable to an independent popup that can be dragged and used without losing context of other apps. - Additionally: * Song notifications * Add song to favorites * Focus to playing tab * Mute button * Shuffle & repeat toggles - Shortcuts [changeable] - Prev: Ctrl+Shift+7 Play/Pause: Ctrl+Shift+8 Next: Ctrl+Shift+9 The shortcuts are global and can be used outside chrome To change them go to the bottom of your extensions page and click on "keyboard shortcuts" (recommended). Don't need notifications? Just open the popup and click on eye icon to disable them! RELEASES -- v 1.3.9 * Maintenance update. Upgraded libraries and hooks v 1.3.8 * Fixed add to favorites v 1.3.7 * Search compatibility update * Fixed missing artist in lists * Fixed mute button edge cases v 1.3.6 * Fixed search v 1.3.5 * Fixed fonts on windows OS * Fixed issue for favorite songs list v1.3.4 * Search behavior enhanced * Performance improvements * Fixes on detached popup on windows v1.3.3 * Search compatibility update v1.3.2 * Added return to top * Edge cases fixed v1.3.1 * Some fixes for edge cases * UI & performance improved v1.3.0 * Supported song search * Supported mute functionality * Minor fixes [...] This extension is not affiliated in any way to Spotify.
- (2020-09-05) Kokodjo: Funktioniert nicht.
- (2019-11-19) Zachary Barfield: SHORTCUT KEYS <3
- (2019-11-09) pioun777: Simply the best extension of this kind!
- (2019-07-11) Jonny Sullivan: Great extension. However I can figure out where to update the shortcut/hotkeys to my custom ones.
- (2019-06-19) Gideon Sutanto: Cant like song anymore to save in favorite. It has green check always. pls fix!
- (2019-04-20) Tim Thornhill: Definitely the best option for all of the extensions of this type out there. Add lyric support and it would be unstoppable.
- (2019-04-04) Truman H.: I saw some comments saying that Chrome doesn't support media keys, however I just tried Play/Next Track/Previous Track and they all work!!!
- (2019-03-23) Lucas Sousa: Excellent!!
- (2019-02-20) ItzDerpDavid: Awsome app, works just as advertised and even better, now i dont have to have too many things cluttering up my task bar, i only need this remote. Loved it!w
- (2018-11-22) Mihai X: Love this extension. Just one question - is it possible to turn off the notification SOUND? I have other extensions which show notifications and they allow me to turn on/off notification sound and even customize it. Thanks!
- (2018-11-15) Evariste Chaintreau: Après pas mal d'essaie chez la concurrence, seul application qui marche sur Opéra. Fonctionne très bien, fait ce qu'on lui demande et plus le tout de manière ergonomique et efficace. Oui il faut avoir un onglet play.spotify actif mais est ce vraiment un défaut.
- (2018-10-24) Mike B: niceeeeee
- (2018-08-14) Lionel Hubmann: Works perfect!
- (2018-05-19) Teodor Holmström: Awesome! Works perfektly. Its realy helpful when you search websites and need to skip a song fast. It saves time.
- (2018-05-19) SLe Pine: Tried a number of extensions for next song and this is the only one that finally worked. I love the pop-out option as well.
- (2018-04-19) Tess Devlin: Really great! I love pretty much everything about it, but I wish there were a way to turn off the notifications. They can be great if you want something like that, but for me personally they break up the music and are distracting when I'm trying to do something else.
- (2018-04-17) Luděk Csiba: It looks that it do everything what it promise. Well done. I didnt know I needed it until I saw this Addon... :) Big plus for me is ability to control the web player without needing leave a current page I read/work on..... The big Thank You. LC --- after 3 days --- It became my the most used AddOn now. Bravo!!! Thank You.
- (2018-04-11) Piojo: la mejor
- (2018-01-17) Cinder Firestorm: add a share feature so you can share the song flawless
- (2017-10-19) Bjorn Verryt: Looks good, feels good, does exactly what I wanted. Best remote I've seen so far.
- (2020-06-17, v:1.4.0) FR: Always on top
Hi!, Thanks a lot for your work. I'd like to suggest an "always on top" feature for the external use of the controller. I think a sort of "picture in picture" capability would be very useful while working with other programs. Cheers.
- (2020-05-14, v:1.4.0) Juraj M.: When two Spotify tabs are opened, clicking Next (or using short-key) will run 2x next
I often open new Spotify tab to checkout the artist album. Using your extension then executes all commands twice. So "Next" will skip next song and play the one after it.
- (2020-05-08, v:1.4.0) Nathan Britton: Pop Out Player
The Pop-Out player isn't functioning currently. When a song is playing or not the player isn't able to detect the current music, saved or recent either etc https://i.imgur.com/nUSNZTZ.png The extension is fantastic, works flawlessly for global hotkeys! Really wish the popout player was functioning. I've tried two different computers, browsers and networks.
- (2020-02-29, v:1.4.0) David Williams: Hello! Thank you so much for making this, it's the only one that works for me.
My request is, would please include JQBX ( https://www.jqbx.fm/ ) in your next update, (or could I fork it, and add it myself?) It's really just the 'SKIP' button that I need to be able to hit while I'm working on something else. Any help you could offer would be truly appreciated. I have a little coding experience, so if you needed any help coding or testing I would be happy to help in any way I could. Thank you so much. David [email protected]
- (2019-11-22, v:1.4.0) Okiki Ojo: Auto-hidding Notifictions
The notifications from the extention pile up in my notification tray, it would be nice if the notification went away after sometime.
- (2019-07-23, v:1.3.9) Eric E: Add option to change function of icon
Hi there. Thanks for the extension. I use it every day! It would be super handy if you could change the command that's executed when you click the icon. For instance, basically every time I click it, I'm trying to skip to the next track. If I could choose to do that in one click, that would be great. Basically, I'd hit the icon once and it would skip track and that's it. You could right-click to get the existing menu. Or something similar. Anyway, thanks again!
- (2019-05-20, v:1.3.9) J Bic Crip: Suggestion
plz add like this device button
- (2019-05-17, v:1.3.9) Perchful: API Usage
Hi! Im currently looking into making something using the spottily that I can't go too much into detail about, but Im wondering if you used the API for this service, or if this was purely created using JS and other programming languages. Thanks so much.
- (2019-03-29, v:1.3.9) Vilius Simas: Next shortcut
Hi, I still trying to use shortcut for the Next song but it is still not working... Others shortcuts works well. I cannot find a way to change global shortcuts. But maybe You can fix "ctrl_shift+9" shortcut. Thank You.
- (2019-03-27, v:1.3.9) FastForward/Rewind
Allow you to fast forward through the song.
- (2019-03-09, v:1.3.9) Patrick Carmichael: Volume control?
Love this extension! I would love it even more if there was the ability to control volume, which would be especially useful when playing remotely on a Spotify Connect device.
- (2019-02-15, v:1.3.9) suggestion
I love this extension! The only thing it's missing is a progress bar that lets you skip to any point in the song that you want to. Please add this!
- (2019-02-15, v:1.3.9) Arun Gopi: Adding song to a playlist
I can't find a way to add the currently playing song to a playlist directly from the remote, if such a feature doesn't exist, it would be nice to have it in a future update. Currently Spotify remote tabs are inconsistent. When i click the 'saved' tab, the it shows me the saved playlists but I cant return to my currently playing playlist (no songs to show). 'Recent' tab doesn't work as of now (no recent lists to show). There are times when the 'saved' tab is stuck on loading but those times I can still access my 'songs' tab.
- (2019-01-21, v:1.3.9) Recent tab still not working (after latest update)
Thanks for the the update. Recent tab is still not working. It still says No Recent Lists to Show.