Make GIFs from YouTube videos
* Now updated to work with the recent YouTube interface update! * Problem: There's a 4 second chunk of a YouTube video you desperately need as a GIF. Solution: GIFit! How do I use GIFit!? 1: Install it 2: Go to any video on http://youtube.com 3: Click the GIFit! icon in the toolbar (should be next to CC, watch later, and settings) 4: Set a start time, end time, and other configuration options 5: Click the big red GIFit! button 6: Wait. I know it's hard, but GIFs take a few seconds 7: Your GIF is ready, click the "Save GIF" button! Notes about GIFit!: - It only works when you have YouTube in HTML5 mode, which I believe is the default mode in Chrome these days. - Some videos on YouTube use the Flash player by force. GIFit! will not work with these videos. - The GIFs GIFit! makes are preeeetty big. It'll take some time, but later versions of GIFit! should produce smaller GIFs. - You're awesome.
- (2019-10-10) Val Bess: incredible. truly. works perfectly. I'm giving it 5 stars but there is room for improvement. The start/end times are rounded to 1 second so it's not possible the get the exact gif I want every time. I usually have to do further processing. But even so, this tool works extremely well and is very useful.
- (2019-10-04) Николай M: Work well ! Need a preview function before render, please!
- (2019-08-29) Val Carpio.H.: c:
- (2018-09-25) Phim Learning: very good
- (2018-07-29) Albert Yau: Pretty good at what it does. I would like the gif to start where I am at, unless I directly change the start or end times. Also I'm starting to see double icons on Youtube.
- (2018-05-17) Javan Bowyer: Every time I click the Gifit icon while on a Youtube video, it just sends me to the chrome store page.
- (2018-04-14) Nurullah Horoz: doesnt working!
- (2018-02-04) Giron Giron: uma bosta! não gera Gif
- (2017-12-07) Vinícius Muniz: Muito útil!
- (2017-10-19) Danie F: Holy wow this works amazingly well and high quality gifs! Best find of this year o 3o
- (2017-07-21) ElSchumi .DelaAcera: Utilísimo, pero hay un detalle. Como que al poco tiempo deja de aparecer en el youtube. ¿Podrían arreglarlo, por favor?
- (2017-03-17) Robert Petitto: AWESOME
- (2017-03-13) Rimse Jakys: Works great and it has no limited length gifs which i like it the most :)
- (2017-03-12) Ervin Fin: Not working with Chromodo?
- (2017-02-09) Danny Kirby: Works like a charm, Thanks!
- (2017-02-09) Yura Moshnin: приходится вручную вводить время
- (2016-11-26) Nikolai Hrisanov: делать gif стало просто
- (2016-11-23) ALVARO JOSE GENE CASTILLO: OO
- (2016-07-29) Popcorn Ale: Es muy buena
- (2016-06-20) Bommy Tian: Monetize your extension traffic We can help you to monetize your browser extension. ****For better users experience and higher revenue!*** *The average ARPU is $ 0.004! *Shorter payment term! High revenue share! *24/7 customer support *GEOs: All countries, the whole world *My email/skype: [email protected] *website: http://goo.gl/iNQZzX
- (2016-04-15) barış: yapmıyor
- (2016-01-29) Teo Pacuraru: It's great for quality youtube gifs, but is there any way to make gifs of different ratios? If I just want part of the shot as a gif, there's nothing I can do
- (2015-12-04) Óscar Palacios Sánchez: ha dejado de trabajar ... :(
- (2015-11-09) Gustavo Borges: O que eu to fazendo da minha vida?
- (2015-11-09) Jess Co: i made gif but how do i share/save it??? homers belly won't dance forever
- (2019-10-03, v:2.0.1) Ross Calder: Twitter, Chrome, youtube
Can this extension only do youtube? When I am on twitter I want to be able to use gif it there as well. When I click on the extension and go to the this can read and change data it give me the option of when you click extension, twitter.com or all sites, but I can't choose the last two options which is what I want to do. Is there a work around for this?
- (2018-12-11, v:2.0.0) Linara Gimadova: GIFs created won't play
I have created the GIFs with the prog and Youtube video like its explained , saved, but when I try to send it through some social media sites or insert for e.g. in Word Doc it won't work. the process itself seemed to followed through correctly, Adobe Flashreader is updated. What is the problem?
- (2018-08-05, v:2.0.0) Error?
There are 2 of the Gif buttons. This almost always results in an error.
- (2018-07-16, v:2.0.0) Not Working At All
I've been using GIFit! for years and have seen it lag behind a few updates for a day or so, but it seems to not be working at all anymore. Has it been deactivated by google or something?
- (2018-05-17, v:2.0.0) Javan Bowyer: Extension doesn't work
Every time I click the Gifit icon while on a Youtube video, it just sends me to the chrome store page.
- (2018-02-16, v:1.0.6) Stacy Richmond: Gif button gone.
GIF button is gone. refreshed video like 12 times, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted chrome, restarted computer. nothing work.
- (2017-09-13, v:1.0.6) Simei Dário: GIFit! não funciona
Instalei o app, mas não funcion, eu entro no youtube e não consigo fazer nada, clico no ícone do GIFit! e abre um aba, mas nenhuma opção de edição.
- (2017-09-01, v:1.0.6) Ernest: Not Working
GIFit button doesn't show up anymore
- (2017-08-31, v:1.0.6) Gifit worked for one day only
This app worked the first day I installed it, and now the Gifit icon has disappeared. I'm going to try uninstalling and installing again to see if that helps. Any other suggestions?
- (2017-08-29, v:1.0.6) Evan Prescott: Simply doesn't function.
All this extension does, is add a broken button to the task bar. You click it and it opens a drop-down menu which has several items on it. One, is a button that just brings you back to this store page. Useful. The next is an options button that is grayed out and doesn't work. And the others are just to either hide or uninstall it. gg dev, you suck.