A text formatter that goes by the rules of the Google Plus. *bold*, _italics_, -strikethrough-
Text Formatter is an extension that formats text the way Google+ does it. Now, you can format text and make them Bold, Italicized, or Strike-Through on any site. This beautifully designed extension features both global settings and an user specific whitelist where you can define your own settings for specific sites. Formatting Rules: - *text* for bold text - -text- for strike-through text - _text_ for italicized text Note: Thanks to Glyphicons for the beautiful icons, Ben Alman for the replaceText Plugin, and Subtle Patterns for the awesome background textures.
- (2019-08-30) Narek Gevorgyan: did not work
- (2018-01-16) Christopher Tysen Henriksen: Didn't appear to work until I went to see what would happen when I published the note to google docs. Then , suddenly, all of my formatting took effect at the same time. All I had to do was click on the menu of the note. Works fine , if you can be patient. -- amended : powerwashed my machine and haven't gotten it to work since then ... still hoping.
- (2017-08-15) Aritra Nayak: does not work
- (2016-07-05) Omar: Works!
- (2014-05-16) Nick Kirkes: Didn't do what was expected, no docs to state how to use the extension or what to expect.
- (2013-12-31) Abhinav Goel: I don't understand how to make it work.
- (2013-10-09) Dmitry Gurovich: Not worked and can't understand what is wrong.
- (2013-09-20) Benjamin Miller: I only haven't gotten the italics to work yet, but Bold works great!
- (2013-05-07) Dan Wilson: I can't get it to work either and there are no instructions to help me figure out if I'm doing something wrong...
- (2013-04-02) Paul Hobbs: It doesn't seem to do anything. I have tried a couple of sites (including Gmail) and I am unable to format any text. I tried each of the three options: -ahjdjkahsd- _hduhdahid_ *hdjakdhas* but nothing happens - the text remains the same. Am I doing something wrong?