Open links as background tabs by clicking links and holding
This extension provide the functionality to open links in a new tab by a 'long' click on a link. long left click long middle click long right click v3.1 middle button v3.0 added drag and drop links (disabled by default) v2.2 added Open in Readability Opne in Instapaper Mobilizer
- (2020-04-01) AIIUserNamesInvalid: 5/5 extension, very convenient. I made it so that holding it for just 0.1 sec with the right mouse button opens the link in a new tab in the background (so without changing to that tab). With the left mouse button it just goes straight to that page. If I want to copy a link address, that's still possible by tapping the right mouse button.
- (2020-03-12) Carl Lum: Very handy. Just wish I could reduce the click time to zero, as I prefer to assign it to the right mouse button and would like to have the tab open immediately.
- (2020-01-30) Zhiwei Liu: very useful
- (2019-05-18) Frank Ellermann: Interesting, but too complex for me, I'll remove it. "New tab (foreground)" is apparently the same thing as "open in current tab", so don't try that for a left click. "New tab (background)" ended up as a new last tab, perfectly fine unless you are used to Chrome's wannabe-smarter behaviour.
- (2019-05-14) Simple. Effective. Great. Highly recommended!
- (2018-10-24) András Balkányi: Open in Readability and with Instapaper Mobilizer do not work anymore but still it is the best extension for long click and drag link control. There are others I tried but with this all the three mouse buttons can be configured with click delay.
- (2018-07-30) Экспертный Взгляд: Просто супер! Давно искал. Очень удобно! Большое спасибо разработчикам!
- (2018-07-19) RM Hutchins: Very helpful to avoid annoying changing screen focus to new tab while keeping screen focus on current tab.
- (2018-06-28) Aurelia Nervosa: У меня опять сломался клик колесиком, но это расширение спасло от траты денег на новую мышь из-за какой-то одной функции. И оно прекрасно работает в моем браузере Vivaldi. Идеально мне подошло. Большое спасибо разработчикам!
- (2018-06-23) Lisa Miller: The lack of a solution to opening links in a new tab has been my only reason to not switch from Firefox. Now I have a fix!
- (2018-04-14) whole product: kkjh
- (2018-02-08) Андрей Снег: Нужное расширение. Хотелось бы возможность в опциях включать : 1. Обработку кликов по закладкам 2.Обработку кликов по картинкам 3.Обработку кликов по элементам журнала. И тогда будет 5++
- (2017-12-15) Souvik Roy: good
- (2017-12-02) Judith Jones: woohoo
- (2017-11-03) I. M. Cuesta: Perfect
- (2017-08-18) Niall Quirke: Class! loved it! Just really wanted an option to make double clicking open links in new tabs so ended up making one myself, try it out if you like.. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/doubleclicker/kdfhgamfoobfingdhklhmjpbgflibeng
- (2017-08-12) Diva Artist: Love the options available to long press to foreground or background. Glad to know right and middle click press are available as options too. Good thinking!
- (2017-08-03) Michael Ryan: Was excellent but now changes current tab too, so you end up with two tabs for the same site and have to hit the back key to return to your original site
- (2017-07-31) 양루카: this is not work in surface. please fix it to work in windows tablet.
- (2017-07-16) Максим Миронов: Отличный плагин. Пользуюсь несколько лет.
- (2017-06-10) Jack Z: It doesn't work at all now. I tried all the combinations I could and it just doesn't work.
- (2017-04-23) zma61: Работает, есть настройка действий, есть дополнительные опции. Если не любите кликать колесом по ссылкам, чтобы их в новых вкладках открывать то это расширение будет полезно. Норм плагин.
- (2017-03-10) Robby Bennett: Easy to configure and extremely usefull
- (2017-02-23) Hai Nguyen: Amazing. Great extension !!! Thanks.
- (2017-10-29, v:3.1) 양루카: support surface pro
doesn't work with surface pro. please fix it.
- (2017-10-14, v:3.1) eli hu: Readability
Readability is now Mercury Reader, so opening up a page in Readability just gets you the page that tells you that Readability is no longer available
- (2017-08-29, v:3.1) Роман Печорин: doesn't work with touch screen
doesn't work with surface pro (2017). please fix it. really new this plugin. It can be a deal breaking feature for using touchscreen. thanks!
- (2017-08-16, v:3.1) Michael Moyles: Touchpad
Hi I am presssing left and righ clicks on the touchpad for my laptop but it doesnt oen a tab Is this for a mouse only?
- (2017-02-11, v:3.1) Luke Nichols: Read and Change all data? What??
Why does this extension need these permissions? I really want to use this, but this is way too suspicious.
- (2016-12-27, v:3.1) Michael Ho: A suggestion for touch screen functionality
I'm trying to find a way to open links in a new tab without having to select from the context menu. This extension allows me to open the tab, but it also opens the context menu. Is there a way to disable the context menu being opened? I can do that with a 2 finger touch screen tap so I don't feel the need to have it open on long press as well
- (2016-09-19, v:3.1) Paul B.: not playing well with Vivaldi
When set to Open (Foreground), Vivaldi also sends the original tab to the new page.
- (2016-05-17, v:3.1) Opens the page twice
Configured like this: Left button: new tab (foreground) Middle button: new tab (background) Right button: none The middle button works fine - the link opens in a new background tab. When clicking and holding the left button, it goes wrong, as follows: 1/ Left button pressed and held down: link opens in a new foreground tab. :-) 2/ Left button released: ORIGINAL page also opens the link. So it's like the original page (no longer foreground) gets a "clicked" event when I release the left mouse button. So when I go back to the original page I have to issue a "Back" command to get back to where I was. This doesn't sound right. Am I doing something wrong?
- (2016-05-06, v:3.1) Алексей Кулаков: New tabs and Delay
>> If you open tabs simply by the right mouse button and then "open in new tab", it opens in the background, and after the current tab. >> Using the extension tab always opens at the very end, no matter where the "root node". It is not convenient and wildly angry. So is there a problem with the very first beginning of this extension. - When you have opened a new website, the first link you'll discover - will open with a delay of about 2 seconds. Once you open it, all other tabs will be opened for the time that you specify in the settings. This point is also annoying and misleading. However, this is still better than the expansion of its kind. Comfortable and simple configuration. In similar extensions glitches much more, I checked them all and stopped yet on this.
- (2016-04-20, v:3.1) Angus Tang: More options for New Tab
It will be nice if there are more options for New Tab, like the the new tab position (e.g. left/right to the current tab).