Finally, an efficient blocker. Easy on CPU and memory.
IMPORTANT: uBlock Origin is completely unrelated to the site "ublock.org". CHANGELOG: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases *** An efficient blocker: easy on memory and CPU footprint, and yet can load and enforce thousands more filters than other popular blockers out there. Illustrated overview of its efficiency: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/uBlock-vs.-ABP:-efficiency-compared Usage: The big power button in the popup is to permanently disable/enable uBlock Origin for the current web site. It applies to the current web site only, it is not a global power button. *** Flexible, it's more than an "ad blocker": it can also read and create filters from hosts files. Out of the box, these lists of filters are loaded and enforced: - EasyList - Peter Lowe’s Ad server list - EasyPrivacy - Malware domains More lists are available for you to select if you wish: - Fanboy’s Enhanced Tracking List - Dan Pollock’s hosts file - hpHosts’s Ad and tracking servers - MVPS HOSTS - Spam404 - And many others Of course, the more filters enabled, the higher the memory footprint. Yet, even after adding Fanboy's two extra lists, hpHosts’s Ad and tracking servers, uBlock Origin still has a lower memory footprint than other very popular blockers out there. Also, be aware that selecting some of these extra lists may lead to higher likelihood of web site breakage -- especially those lists which are normally used as hosts file. *** Free. Open source with public license (GPLv3) For users by users. If ever you really do want to contribute something, think about the people working hard to maintain the filter lists you are using, which were made available to use by all for free. *** Documentation: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock#ublock-origin Project change log: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases Contributors @ Github: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/graphs/contributors Contributors @ Crowdin: https://crowdin.net/project/ublock
- (2020-02-18) Ivan Off: Почему он блочит не только рекламу, но и средства для сбора данных общих о юзерах, такие как Google Analytics и Open Web Analytics? Неужели я не имею права даже знать, сколько людей посещают мой сайт?
- (2020-02-18) Gray io: Been using it for about 3-4 years. Its the best.
- (2020-02-17) ANRK ALT: FANTASTIC extension. element picker mode is very underrated. i blocked a lot of clutter using it. unwanted sidebars, footers, advertisement panels, unwanted videos and sections, etc. you can literally reshape what some websites look like. highly recommended.
- (2020-02-17) Samuel Deguara: it just works
- (2020-02-16) Zack Alex: buenardo pero nose si me ase gastr dineor eso me da miedo :,,v
- (2020-02-16) Kamel BOUADAM: le meilleur
- (2020-02-16) josue cristian vasquez roca: Excelente extensión bloquea toda publicidad molesta lo recomiendo
- (2020-02-15) Aldo Alan: Es la mejor app del mundo, funciona al 100
- (2020-02-15) ali berkani: good
- (2020-02-15) Claudia Heid: constantly crashing unfortunately
- (2020-02-15) Muhammad Ferozdeen: It is user-friendly and does its job well. Ever since I installed this app, it has helped me blocked many unnecessary adds and at the same time it has allowed chrome to run faster
- (2020-02-14) Strong Fatman: Ublock origin is the best adblocker out there, trust me. It doenst spy on you like Ghostery and it does block all ads unlike Adblock plus. Watch "The hated one" video about Ublock origin (advanced mode) on youtube.
- (2020-02-14) Itigo Hosimiya: やっぱりublockが一番！ フィルター構成は内製フィルターそのままで他に AdGuard Base Anti popads.net 豆腐フィルタ EasyList without element hiding rules Hexxium Creations Threat List Easy privacyだけ有効にすれば軽くて最強のBlockerに変身 あとは邪魔な要素は上級者機能で個々にブロックしたほうが余計なフィルター追加せず住みます popin.ccとか激重いrakuten.ne.jpブロックすればめちゃくちゃサイト軽くなる！ ※AdGuardも良いんですがAdGuard使うならプレミアム版が良いので有料がokな人はAdGuardでもいいかな
- (2020-02-14) Manuel Juan: aora es detectado por algunas pajinas sigue siendo detectado incluso en esta ultima actualizacion
- (2020-02-14) J K: Completely essential for the modern internet. Not even kidding, every device should come with this preinstalled.
- (2020-02-14) Andy: Best adblocker on Chrome and Firefox
- (2020-02-14) xxDrizzle: The best adblocker on the store, imo.
- (2020-02-14) hgfl 9a: bnruh
- (2020-02-14) Ultimate Expander: It just works. Easy to toggle, doesn't mess with anything, and generally just makes life better.
- (2020-02-14) Beverly Eborn: uBlock is extremely effective. It blocks all ads before YouTube videos, during Spotify jam sessions, and on those sites that are normally covered in pop-ups. It has not slowed my computer or browsing experience at all, and I am very satisfied with its performance.
- (2020-02-14) 鄭安佑: good
- (2020-02-14) Suzi costa: I think uBlock is the best!
- (2020-02-14) xi zhao: 怎么开启medium模式？看了官方wiki，貌似并不是针对最新版的
- (2020-02-13) Jennifer Saldaña: Excelente servicio !
- (2020-02-13) Geir Handlevogn: Thanks for making it alot easier to filter out stuff on websites. Very good for privacy as well.
- (2020-02-17, v:1.24.4) Lai Minda: emails blocked
how to un-block the emails as some own/useful emails were blocked
- (2020-02-17, v:1.24.4) Nils L.: Extension is infected with Lnkr Adware
"uBlock Origin" extension is injecting adware into every site that user is visiting and such a behavior is described as "Lnkr Adware" - pushing data to datapro.website/metric. Mitigated if user does have another ad-blocker installed, like "Adblock Plus" or "NoScript", that blocks such requests.
- (2020-02-17, v:1.24.4) Sam Baldwin: ublock origin blocking youtube livestream chat
It blocks youtube livestream chat you can see the box where the chat would be and the hide chat button but that's it.
- (2020-02-16, v:1.24.4) Alex Brockhill: Ublock origin stop's paypal from logging in!!!!
Since today Ublock origin stops Paypal from logging in. I know this cause i just removed it and instantly could logging into paypal perfectly with ZERO changed to anything else.
- (2020-02-13, v:1.24.4) Er Ye: support for vlive.tv
ublock used to work with the website vlive.tv but having the extension on will cause the videos not to load, which requires it off and allowing ads to play. if you have a chance to update it for vlive.tv that'd be great.
- (2020-02-05, v:1.24.2) STEVEN YAWNEY: ublock
i needs to remove ublock and there is no option the app for new extensions show an icon for remove app but nothing happens when i click on it please help me with all my crazy incidents thanks
- (2020-02-04, v:1.24.2) Jeremy Beeson: uBlock blocking all traffic
Starting just recently leaving uBlock origin enabled prevents Chrome from loading any webpages. As soon as I disable it, everything works fine. I'm on uBlock 1.21.2 and Chrome 79.0.3945.130
- (2020-02-04, v:1.24.2) Janne Hokkanen: 1.24.4 missing on chrome web store
Why newest ublock origin isn't on chrome web store?
- (2020-02-02, v:1.24.2) Brandon Leunig: Ublock closing "search Google for" tabs
If you highlight a word on a website that has blocked popups and right click then click the option "search google for" and click any link, the entire tab will close.
- (2020-02-02, v:1.24.2) JL Tracey: Youtube
I uninstalled and reinstalled ublock origin to no avail, but youtube fails to initially load a video because of the ads in the video, after several seconds to several minutes the video will continue. I'm not dropping packets, nor losing connection. Removing ublock solves this issue.
- (2020-01-30, v:1.24.2) pauline bourget: switching episodes problems
Hello please can you check what is going on ublock block switching episodes in many websites like also here mavanimes.co you can check please http://www.mavanimes.co/nanatsu-no-taizai-kamigami-no-gekirin-16-vostfr/ here you cannot switch episode in the box in red
- (2020-01-27, v:1.24.2) Marc Geurens: fmovies subs blocked
Hello yes all the subs from fmovies gets blocked because of the easylist ads. Can you check this out and is there a way to get the subs back im deaf i need subs.
- (2020-01-27, v:1.24.2) Chad Canlas: Chrome slower
Every time I turn on uBlock Origin it makes chrome not load anything at all, how do I fix this
- (2020-01-27, v:1.24.2) Janna Em: Uninstall
The remove from chrome option doesn't do anything! How do I take this off my computer?
- (2020-01-24, v:1.24.2) CursedDuck: Spotify
Does it also block spotify/deezer ads?
- (2020-01-22, v:1.24.2) Isaac J Klauer: remove
when i force block things, it goes away. how do i get rid of that block so i can get back to it?
- (2020-01-22, v:1.24.2) Olliver Aira: YouTube automatically disabling uBlock Origin to display adds on Microsoft Edge
https://imgur.com/a/X1f8NUM (No I didn't click the uBLock Origin button) This have happened at several situations, so YouTube definitely figured something out
- (2020-01-22, v:1.24.2) Andrew Stevens: a problem
whenever i go to a site and it says adblock on i cant turn off it
- (2020-01-21, v:1.24.2) Pepe Silva: Spotify
el programa va perfecto pero me bloquea Spotify y no se como desbloquearlo
- (2020-01-21, v:1.24.2) EJ Lazaga: Preventing all pages from loading
Hi, Google Chrome stopped loading all my pages today - not even a loading bar. After some trouble shooting, I narrowed it down to uBlock Origin. Once I disable it, everything works as normal. This is an odd issue because this only started today. I have been using uBlock for many years. Is there a fix?
- (2020-01-20, v:1.24.2) Volodymyr Ant: olx.ua
olx.ua blocks half of the site and it does not work correctly.
- (2020-01-20, v:1.24.2) BP Curby: Chrome
The program not installed on my raspberry pi and it works great. I tried to get it on chrome on a windows laptop and it said the extension could not be unpacked. Is there another way to get it installed?
- (2020-01-16, v:1.24.2) PL. L.: ads are not blocked anymore
Since last chrome update, are not blocked anymore. Using dev console, I can see following message : "Uncaught (in promise) Corruption: block checksum mismatch" I don't know how to go further :-( Hope this helps
- (2020-01-16, v:1.24.2) John Gillis: False Positive - Webconnex Products
Hello Ublock team, I hope all is well. I was writing to you to see if we might get some help with what we consider to be a false positive with your users who actively use this extension. We have 4 online products, and we've gotten a few people who have reached out to us saying they can't sign up on our sites for our products. They both use ublock, and didn't realize our JS popup was being block by the extension. We were hoping in the effort of serving both of our customers if we might have an exemption on our sites so people who use you, and us can sign up for our service again. If you click 'Get Started' on any of our four product sites, it should launch the JS pop up to fill out info, but uBlock is stopping it. I've tested a few other large pop up blockers, and they do not stop this, and as far as I can tell ublock is the only one we've heard about from our customers. We hope you can help us with this exception, and thank you for your time, feel free to click 'Get Started' on any of these with/without ublock enabled and you can see what I mean. https://www.ticketspice.com/ https://www.regfox.com/ https://www.redpodium.com/ https://www.givingfuel.com/ Thank you kindly. -John G Webconnex, LLC
- (2020-01-15, v:1.24.2) Gabriel Arcanjo: Twitch ads
It's not working correctly on twitch ads.