Search and highlight multiple words on web pages.
Can do for you: - Highlight multiple english words on all pages. (whole word matching for english words, currently) - Your words will be saved. * Needs to refresh opened pages after install this extension. If you love it, you can support it on Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/alexius_lee) or donate via PayPal (https://www.paypal.me/alexiuslee) Change log: - 1.21 - Remove tracelog codes (which has stopped receiving years ago). - 1.12~1.20 - Bug fix. - 1.11 - Temporary rollback to v1.7. - 1.10 - Change: Skip "content editable" elements; Support single letter non-english words. - 1.7~1.9 - Bug fix. - 1.6 - Can do highlighting after first installed, without refresh page. - 1.5 - Fix some bugs, better description. - 1.4 - Add a switch button, to enable or disable highlighting. - 1.3 - HTTPs page enable, redesign highlight logic. - 1.2 - Icon beautify, fix some bugs. - 1.1 - Highlight style beautify. - 1.0 - Core function complete.
- (2020-08-08) swsw z: Very useful app!! Thanks. how about adding multi highlighting keyword per 'Tab' ??
- (2020-07-26) 叫个沃特: 牛逼 o(￣▽￣)ｄ
- (2020-07-09) 非常棒，适合平时阅读大量文献，网页的我，节省了很多时间
- (2020-06-28) Maura Chan: 太棒了，希望作者继续更新！
- (2020-04-11) 杨其炫: 大家还有什么更好用的文字高亮插件吗？
- (2020-03-20) S HD: excellent tool! BUT I wish it could work on PDFs that will be a game changer for many students !!!!!
- (2020-03-16) 주식잘하고싶은남자 - JOOJALNAM: 고마워요 개발자님 오류없이 작동잘되니 너무좋네요
- (2020-02-23) Viv: Thank you for making this extension. If I may suggest, please add an option to highlight mutiple words, or phrases.
- (2020-02-14) Suwat Netprom: smart and easy use
- (2020-02-13) J C: great extension
- (2020-01-30) Julio Cesar Fernandes: New suggestion: Could you please make a way to open the popup window and change the words to highlight through right click menu in the page? Hi, I have some suggestions: 1. Make words in the same line the same color (only if multiline text is detected) 2. Count repetitions of found elements or a sum of elements from the same line (ties with the first suggestion), would be best to see inside the page a hovering box with this info, but showing the line with most results in the extension icon and inside the extension would be cool too 3. Ability to use regex (I know that it uses it internaly, but would be nice to have a toggle to type the regex to search 4. I noticed that in google searches (and probably in other places), when you type a number, if the number is part of a page date, it will mark the part, I think it only had to mark if the whole "word" or number matches...
- (2020-01-10) Garrixpal Xxx: 希望支持特定词汇指定颜色高亮，单字高亮可能效果不太好，如果可以也可以添加。 太谢谢您了，超渴望特定词汇特点颜色，将对工作效率有极大的提升！
- (2020-01-08) Anna Conrad: It was great and we liked it, but it began "stealing" words from internet pages (specifically, from out ATS system). If I put some words into extension - they disappear from the page. At all. I can't see them and multiple reloads of pages won't help. It's so disappointing!
- (2019-12-12) Laura Aksomitaitė: Includes <i> tag inside textarea and text dissapears. WORST PLUGIN
- (2019-11-03) Eduardo Santana: Simples e funcional! Basta clicar no ícone da extensão, e escrever as palavras a serem localizadas. Parabéns aos desenvolvedores.
- (2019-10-21) Stacey Shpaner: The name of the extension is misleading. I thought this was a manual highlighter tool. It might get more users if you renamed it "multi-word finder & highlighter"
- (2019-09-29) B. Casey: does nothing
- (2019-09-28) Barbara Rossa: It is a great extension and I use it constantly. It would be great if there could be a "root highlight" function; for example if I were to enter "bak" then the highlighter would pick up anything with those 3 letters in that order: "baker, baking, baked, etc." that would save me from writing every single word. This option would be very useful in other languages, such as Spanish, since verb tense, conjugation, gender, and single/plural changes the word ending but the root is always the same. Also, I use the extension across several computers, and when I make a change to the word list on one computer, I keep having to update that list on all of them. It would be great if it could update automatically.
- (2019-09-25) Michael Massaro: working great.....
- (2019-09-22) Raul Ramirez: estaria mejor si se pudiera poner que por ejemplo si quiere que resalte solo cuando las 3 palabras estan juntas como "put on hold", y no todos los put y hold y on del texto. si no solo los "put on hold". Solo asi le daria las 5 estrellas
- (2019-09-10) V M: ehh i would like an extension that doesnt need to have a filter and u can use ctrl f
- (2019-09-02) Alex Iosifidis: Very useful to me, I work as a content editor, I create new content for a price comparison site and I always surf on website seeking for product specifications. It has helped me a lot on websites that don't have a certain product format. Would love to see Opacity - Custom coloring options though. I use many keywords and sometimes the so many colors can be tiring for the eye though your add-on has helped me improve my time a lot. Thanks in advance for this!
- (2019-08-28) Adam Klar: More colors please
- (2019-08-23) H-K sweet mix: I like it very much supper supeeer fun and useful
- (2019-08-23) Sumit Kumar: I like it very much but if we can support for regex searches by enabling a toggle for that(So, that it is optional) it would be very great!
- (2020-07-14, v:1.21) Hans Hellberg: When turning it of it still high-light the words in a google doc
When turning it of it still high-light the words in a google doc https://docs.google.com/document......................... Looks like this only happens in google docs.
- (2020-06-24, v:1.21) Gagan Jain: Options to highlight on editable textbox
Option to highlight on editable textbox.
- (2020-06-15, v:1.20) Jizelle Joson: Not highlighting PDFs
Hello - My extension is no longer highlighting in PDFs I'm opening up in Chrome. It's been working perfectly fine until today. I already removed and re-installed the extension but it's still not working.
- (2020-06-09, v:1.20) Bruce Edge: highlight string box text corrupted/not displaying properly
Text typed into the highlight box is not rendered correctly. It's chopped up, frequently after the 1st few pixels from the left. Sometimes it gets redrawn and it's readable again, but usually I have to Ctrl-A del to clear, and just type without seeing what's being typed.
- (2020-06-02, v:1.20) Dat Tien: please add a dictionary to the extension
please add a dictionary to the extension, hover on the word to reveal the meaning
- (2020-05-27, v:1.20) MA Parts: Highlight a phrase
Is it possible to allow the tool to highlight a phrase that contains spaces rather than individual words? Thanks. From Ben
- (2020-05-11, v:1.20) Jukka Toivanen: chat
seksi pyyntö chat sivut
- (2020-05-08, v:1.20) Mehmet Yesilbas: Highlighted words
I am copying some sentences with highlighted words. When I past it to another place, it keeps the words highlighted. So, I have to on and off the tool each time. Is there any way to prevent it?
- (2020-05-07, v:1.20) Justin Dehorty: Sends User Data to Malicious Website
As other users have pointed out, this application is sending information to a known malicious domain. The information being sent includes user-specific data such as IP address, language, browser version, and key word strings. Specifically, this can be seen in the extension's source code at lines 35-60 of the file "js/background.js". An explanation from the developer is appreciated.
- (2020-05-04, v:1.20) Juliano Vargas: Doesn't highlight XML in Chrome Browser
Hi There. Good plugin overall but it doesn't seem to be highlighting XML files, is this intentional or just not supported ? Thanks Juliano
- (2020-04-15, v:1.20) Robert Miska: Leaking info to known bad site
Our security software recently reported that this extension was leaking info to 18.104.22.168, this is a sketchy IP address as seen at https://www.threatcrowd.org/ip.php?ip=22.214.171.124. Looking at the source code, it appears to be reporting debug information, specifically: the version of the extension, user agent string, language, region, and user IP address. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated, at this moment we have discontinued use of the extension.
- (2020-04-14, v:1.20) James Hrenak: Specific sites
Is there a way to choose what sites you want a list of words to work on? So let's say, you want a list of 5 words, but for them to only work if you are browsing yahoo.com? This may be a suggestion if not.
- (2020-03-28, v:1.20) Chris Nguyen: Highlight Phrases
I love what you've got here. It'd be nice if you could highlight phrases within quotation marks, example: "Peter Piper"
- (2020-03-25, v:1.20) Claudio Weinstein: does it work with google sheets?
does it work with google sheets?
- (2020-03-12, v:1.20) Aron Sutopo: Highlight italic and bold words?
Awesome tool! Is it possible to extend to let the extension mark italic and bold letterypes?
- (2020-02-20, v:1.20) Arek Kurzawa: problem
hi the extension also can't properly work on some webpages, in xenorchestra it's unable to highlight words like XO: https://imgur.com/a/2yFwrbR; also would that be posible to highlight words that match pattern, for example backup, the patter would be: ba????
- (2020-01-28, v:1.20) jam butter: Removing the word
I found a problem ie. searhing words in multihighlighter are removing in the normal editable text box / documents / note pad and mainly in the editable database. It creates a huge conflict in the job.
- (2020-01-17, v:1.20) Guizhang Zheng: Highlight and also count keywords?
If it can also count how many times those keywords show up on the page, it will make it much better. I will donate when this feature is available. Thanks for the great product.
- (2020-01-12, v:1.20) J: Allow search of non-only whole word. Keep good work.
Allow search of non-only whole word. Keep good work.
- (2019-12-23, v:1.20) Rajesh Kumar: Multi Highlighter -PDF
Hi There , This is Rajesh form India. The multi Highlighter is very for for my personal work . Is there any possibility to get the same result in PDF ? Thanks, Rajesh
- (2019-12-12, v:1.20) Best Edit Proof: Extension is always automatically disabled
Hi there, ı have been using the extension for a while on Opera browser. However, I have been recently experiencing a problem. It is somehow automatically disabled on the browser. In almost every 15 seconds. I have to go to my extensions page and have reload each time. I even removed and re-installed, still having the same problem. Thanks in advance.
- (2019-11-18, v:1.20) Elda Di Matteo: highlight words in a view source page
Hi, is there a way to make this extension work on a page like this view-source:https://www.missguided.co.uk/checkout/securecheckout thanks!
- (2019-11-12, v:1.20) Lieutenant BaconWaffles: Wikipedia
Does not work on Wikipedia for some reason.
- (2019-10-25, v:1.20) Andres A. Muñoz: Any chance to support regular expresssions? Search for a phrase at least? Thx
Any chance to support regular expresssions? Search for a phrase at least? Thx
- (2019-10-22, v:1.20) daniel folhadella: expression highlight would be awesome
Nice tool i use it to filter law content, and sometimes i am looking for a specific expression, so on next version if developers could include this feature it would be great, maybe the delimiter could be comma , quotation mark or something like that