This is a high-quality text-to-speech (TTS) voice extension that runs in your browser using Native Client technology.
Updated February 2017: uses new speech engine, no separate download required. This is a female US English text-to-speech (TTS) voice extension that runs in your browser using Native Client technology. This extension does not do anything by itself. When installed, it provides an additional voice that talking apps and extensions can use. This voice is a US English female voice, built by Google. The synthesis engine runs directly in your browser using Native Client technology - no network required. That means it's fast and responsive, suitable for accessibility applications.
- (2019-05-30) Lily: Finally found Talker: text-to-speech, many languages. More useful than that(English, US, Female).
- (2019-01-13) Sarsaparilla Sunset: For anyone wondering what this extension does, it is not an TTS application. It only provides a text-to-speech voice, which can be used by other TTS applications to synthesize speech. For example, if you use the excellent TTS app called "Read Aloud", after you install this Google extension, a new voice named "US English Female TTS (by Google)" will appear in the Read Aloud options. The cool thing is this voice will work even offline when you don't have internet.
- (2018-02-06) Leo Guo: 这个只是Google提供的文本转语言引擎，无法单独使用，需要安装别的扩展来调用google的技术。 google的文本转语音采用了仿真技术，达到更逼真的效果。其它用户有好几个说使用的是 TTSReaderX In-Page.
- (2018-01-06) Majid Heidary: ops!!! I got it, please care that after installation of this you will be able to access Text-to-speech's engine not directly but by means of other extensions such as TTSReaderX In-Page.
- (2017-12-26) J. Robert Dubois: no functionality way to go Google!
- (2017-11-28) Jeff Carter: Finally got it to work with TTSReaderX In-Page Text to Speech (appears as English, US, Female). Removed and reinstalled, refreshed page I was attempting to use TTS on.
- (2017-11-17) Shankar Anand: Dosen't work
- (2017-10-25) Matthew Anderson: Not working :(
- (2017-10-25) Park Kyu: Not Work
- (2017-10-16) Trevor C: Useless
- (2017-10-10) Mitch Alves: This is a little confusing... where's Chrome's Text-to-speech functionality to use this???
- (2017-10-09) Andrew Rienecker: Cant be used
- (2017-10-04) Raymond Cerney: Doesn't work
- (2017-09-21) Mohamed Ashraf Ali: It cannot be used. Please fix it!
- (2017-09-08) Krishna Lokhande: fake
- (2017-09-02) Julian BRINSON: it does not work!
- (2017-07-06) Emo Flipper: Doesn't work
- (2017-07-02) Awkn Star: doesn't do anything
- (2017-05-25) Michael Zuskin: Simply doesn't work.
- (2017-02-22) William Kucera: works with otherTTS confusing
- (2017-02-02) Brian Purgert: Just install ChromeVox (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chromevox/kgejglhpjiefppelpmljglcjbhoiplfn) with it, and it works better then payed options
- (2017-01-26) Ty Budd: Doesn't work, no directions on use of it
- (2017-01-23) Gim Nguyễn: Do not work
- (2017-01-22) Sarah Watts: Can't figure out how to use it and won't try. Looking for another app now.
- (2017-01-15) Alisa Savin: terrible