Temporarily disable all your extensions with one click. Click again and you re-enable all your previously disabled extensions.
Sometimes you just need to disable chrome extensions temporarily. This extension does just that, with one click. Even better, it remembers which extensions where previously enabled and will re-enable them again with just one click. Disable Extensions Temporarily is easy to use and free.
- (2023-11-14) Eugene KOLARIC: Great - could do with a timer - I keep forgetting to turn them back on afterwards.
- (2023-10-21) n ascentt: worked great for me. wish i knew this extension existed years ago
- (2023-09-21) c03ks: Most useful extentions in the world..!
- (2023-09-16) Mikhail Molkov: One of the best extensions, helps a lot when need to run chrome in the background or adblocks just break some iframes.
- (2023-09-11) Ed Padin: Don't want to give it one star but it does have a deal killer which has led me to try another. If enough time goes by, it forgets which extensions it temporarily disabled and will not re-enable any. You have to go back and manually re-enable. In a way that's a good thing. It lets you revaluate which extensions you really need. Every extension increases the attack surface, but it's something I should be in control of.
- (2023-07-08) Eduardo J. Fiorini: It's good, does exactly as it promises. I do agree with the other suggestions though, and would like to add another one: that the extension had a way of setting exceptions, so that it'd disable everything but the ones we picked.
- (2023-05-19) Luke Flegg: Used to work sometimes but now every time it just permanently kills all of my extensions and I have to manually turn them all back on and re-position them into my quick access bar, completely defeating the point and wasting loads of time.
- (2023-05-18) Cameron Eggart: 5/17/23 | Worked exactly as intended.
- (2023-03-30) Accouting Accouting: GREAT
- (2023-03-18) Rogério Dec: Should change the icon color to red to indicate that currently all extensions are disabled.
- (2023-03-06) Jose Negro: Perfect! It does what it promises
- (2023-02-03) Werner Ruf: Wie kann man nur so blöd sein, nicht nur die lokalen Erweiterung aus- oder einzuschalten. Nein, da muss man gleich die Erweiterungen von allen synchronisierten Chrome Browsern ausschalten. Wieder einschalten kann man sie dort aber nicht mehr, das geht nur auf dem Rechner, auf dem sie ursprünglich mal ausgeschaltet wurden. Ganz toll wenn man das zuhause auf dem Tower vergessen hat und dann unterwegs feststellt, dass das Notebook einen Browser ohne Erweiterung hat und man die dort nicht wieder einschalten kann. --- How can you be so stupid to not only turn off or on the local extension. No, you have to switch off the extensions of all synchronized Chrome browsers. But you can't turn them on again, you can only do that on the computer where they were originally turned off. It's great when you forget to do that on the tower at home and then realize on the road that the notebook has a browser without an extension and you can't turn them back on there.
- (2023-01-29) John Saulka: Would give it 5* if the icon changed color while it was enabled/disabled as well as the minimizing pinned ones.
- (2023-01-10) ATF: not working ..after disable it dont get enable
- (2022-12-29) Thomas Wypa: No longer works as of December 22
- (2022-10-16) slysnake96: I tried to use this extension to diagnose which ones were causing issues and it made everything 100x worse. I now have roughly 10 duplicates of each extension on my toolbar now.
- (2022-09-30) Willahelm Powers: For the most part I like it, if I have a conflict on a webpage causing me to not be able to use it, it does shut all extensions off, then quickly turns them all back on when I click it again. My major issue though, is it for some reason, seems to be closing some of my Chrome windows with no records of the close in the recently closed Chrome history. It seems like it may be only windows with a certain number of tabs in them or more, I'm not sure. I always have a main working window that has around 177 tabs, it always is erased and I think a few others in the 20-30 tab range get wiped, but smaller few to a dozen or so tabs windows are left alone. Since I didn't originally know this might happen, it's cause some lost work & wasted time trying to reconstruct. Now I guess I'll always make a copy of my layout before using, plus will better see exactly what all is getting chopped. Other than that it appears to work great. I see another review mention a connection of losing tabs if they are connected to the extension that's shut off, like The Great Suspender, which I am using the current version of, although have some URL's whitelisted. So that may be a factor in my lost windows and tabs.
- (2022-07-11) Pat MySecret: This is a Great Extension, but you should have a backup plan. Numbers of times I've used this and wasn't able to get the extension set back on..it seems especially if I've had them off a few hours. Extensions are usually good, but can be quirky and disruptive. Switching them all off can help troubleshoot and diagnose. I like to use Disable Extensions for security reasons when I want to ensure more privacy. It's also helped me realize that my "CharmingSearch" redirect problem stemmed from an extension, not software. In an ever-changing world of extensions and software, it can be tough to know why programs don't work quite right with conflicts etc I'm using Extension Manager as my backup for this program because I'm already familiar with it, but it is a modestly complex extension.
- (2022-06-05) Rob Schreurs: If you disable your extensions with this tool and you reenable them the orderof the icons are random. Not funny.....
- (2022-03-19) Frédéric HAUGUEL: Apparently, it doesn't work anymore :/
- (2022-03-06) Ka Man Chan: Works like advertised! Thanks!
- (2022-01-14) Wout Van de Sompele: Works perfectly!
- (2022-01-01) Ahmed Seoudi: Works flawlessly!
- (2021-12-14) Bernard Zimmermann: I have many extensions and its a pain to turn them off. So I tried a couple of such extensions and this was the only one that worked for me. It has proven to be handy. What I would like is the ability to turn off say half, then check the site. Then half of that to try to find the extension that is the trouble maker but that is probably too much to ask. I
- (2021-11-05) Jeremy L: if the icon would change for brighter darker since you toggled the this extentions's button , that will be more easy to know the present this extenstion's status of working.
- (2021-10-26) Michael Falciglia: Most underrated extension there is, especially if you're a developer, designer or just having problems loading pages, because 9 times out of 10 if you're the only one with the problem it is because there is an ad-blocker or poorly coded extension that is interfering with the site. Just use this to disable everything and hit refresh to find out if it was an extension immediately!
- (2021-10-12) Liam Davis: Great tool for web devs!
- (2021-10-09) С Е: Please add an option to ability to add an exclusion for extensions, like Ublock or Adblock etc... then it will be very usefull!
- (2021-07-26) Eric Caldwell: Brilliant extension! Has already saved me hours of troubleshooting issues where plugins cause issues with Lighthouse. One request? It would be GREAT if we could add a whitelist - so to speak - where the plugin watches for URL's we add and when we hit the site, automatically temp disables all extensions. That would be the icing on the cake!
- (2021-05-24) Linus Komnick: Thx for creating this extension. Saved me a lot of time!
- (2021-05-03) Sam Watkins: Great, it does exactly what's needed, enabled me to easily eliminate extensions as the reason Wordpress was not working for me. So I cleared the site data, and now it works. Thanks. :) Edit: I left the extensions disabled for a while, and it seems to have synced that to another PC, where I now cannot re-enable the extensions all together. A fairly minor problem.
- (2021-04-23) Seth GG: DO NOT INSTALL, resets extension settings
- (2021-02-04) GURVOSKRES: Тупейшее расширение. Которое вырубило мне все расширения и удалило закладки в основной панеле. Мразь.
- (2020-12-08) Kuku h: Doesn't get rid of the puzzle piece.
- (2020-11-04) Venator: Good.
- (2020-08-29) Google User: No longer compatible with latest version of Chrome. Keeps causing Chrome to crash when toggling it off.
- (2020-08-18) Some Guy Online: Solid; does exactly what it describes.
- (2020-07-09) Edd: Does Exactly what it says. Amazing extention
- (2020-07-07) Yao King: I love this extension so much. My Time saver!!!
- (2020-04-11) John Weiss: Would be better if it remembered which icons are on the toolbar, and which ones are hidden in the menu. Instead, it leaves everything hidden on restore.
- (2020-02-24) Ed Lau: I was very annoyed that it closed many of my open tabs, as well as removing from my history, so I could not recover them. Although, it did indeed disable all my extensions. I enabled them by hand, as I was hoping to use this tool to debug what extensions were causing an issue with another. And the tabs I had open, were not interacting directly with any extensions I had loaded.
- (2019-12-21) Jeff Kastner: Did the trick perfectly for me. The Oculus page wouldn't let me login via FB despite all my ad-blockers being off. I was trying everything to no avail and then decide I'd go turn off every extension and try again. I have a lot of extensions so searched to see if something could do this all at once. Voila! Worked perfectly. All extensions turned off. No tabs lost (seems to be a complaint with some other reviewers). FB login worked, clicked the extension again and everything back on! Whew. Thanks, Developer dude ! Well done.
- (2019-09-16) AV Va: useful. smallest size
- (2019-07-03) Stephen S: Ask me 5 years ago if I would of moved from Firefox to chrome and I would of laughed in your face. So many plugins available like this one. Just missing multirow toolbar but I can live with that! EDIT: No. It doesn't remember if the icon is hidden from the chrome menu or not. 5 star to 1. Also turns on all the extensions that were previosly disabled. Just some friendly cristisim. if that was fixed then 5 stars once again.
- (2019-06-26) Artem Russakovskii: This extension did the job, but when reactivating extensions, it didn't re-add the icons to the right of the url bar and stuffed them all into the overflow menu. This is not a documented side effect, though I do see some others mention it now, so it gets a 1 star unless fixed (which I doubt it will be considering it was last updated in 2012).
- (2019-06-26) ACES -GROUP: make Upgrade....if we proceed disable as developer...we need more internet and ram...So ..thats good ..but incognito does this too...make a a class....except ..xyz extention..in class A or 1(3c extension),,then...it better... i haveover 200extension..and 3x chrome versions and accounts to get work done..but even best ram and powerfull pc are not helpful..why..chrome still runs all app..parallel..an sucks all energy ..shall run on specific.sites..or..whens its a adblock...then in class A/1....80% of my resource are taking from chrome ..so i am always in incognito(then i lost my visits..dont remember so many websites...to get deep developer contents)...If u have more time...just do it..make new beta-version 5xStars4u
- (2019-05-20) Mauricio TTT: Antes funcionava, agora não oculta mais e nem mostra mais, BUGOU todas as minha extenções. Já desinstalei e instalei e nada, nenhuma fica visivel mais.
- (2019-03-11) Ahmad Awais: Perfect extension to quickly disable the extensions. Unlike in other reviews, for me, the installed theme doesn't get uninstalled. Also, closing tabs related to extensions should be an expected behavior when disabling all extensions.
- (2019-03-04) Artemi Lebedev: add plz accident protection
- (2019-02-16) Tomasz Gabara: Rozszerzenie kasuje wszystkie motywy z chrome!
- (2023-05-19, v:1.1) Luke Flegg: Fails to restore extensions
Hello, This extension used to work sometimes but now every time it just permanently kills all of my extensions and I have to manually turn them all back on and re-position them into my quick access bar, completely defeating the point and wasting loads of time.
- (2023-01-31, v:1.1) David G. Larson: Make Chrome extension sync clearer.
Chrome syncs extensions, but not this extension's awareness of what to restore if another instance of Chrome changes which extensions are active. So some people think this extension doesn't work, but it's simply that if another instance of Chrome changes extensions activated, this extension doesn't save/remember which ones to restore. Or make it possible to save groups of extensions.
- (2022-12-29, v:1.1) Thomas Wypa: No longer works
Shut off. turn on nothing comes back. removed and reinstalled. Nothing
- (2022-06-15, v:1.1) Petri Malk: Can not enable extensions any more
This extension has been working properly for several weeks. Today I disabled temporarily extensions by clicking the icon as usually. But when I clicked on it again to enable extensions, nothing happens. Extensions wont enable. I closed the Chrome and the process, restarted Chrome and extensions wont enable still. This is confusing
- (2022-01-10, v:1.1) Kimberly Alberts: Stopped working after waking computer from sleep
I disabled all my extension, then my computer went to sleep. When I woke up my computer I am unable to enable my extensions again.
- (2021-11-10, v:1.1) Allan A: Trying to reinstall the app and stopped
Hello, your app was working as designed for quite some time, bout a year, but about the last 2-3 weeks I saw that I couldn't turn it on or off. Looked for help and work arounds, but couldn't find anything. Today I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it. I couldn't readily find this, but found it in Incognito. Haven't really searched for how I need to reinstall it yet. Thought I'd give this a try, but currently unable to reinstall it. So just trying to get it back to installed and working as designed. I'm not new to Chrome, but I wouldn't say I'm all that keen on the inner workings either. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
- (2021-09-16, v:1.1) Nura: trouble with extensions hidden in menu
Hi, just found your extension and it has been a crazy help, however I do have this one issue. I have a lot of extensions and most of them sit in the menu not on the toolbar, when I click disable extensions and re-enable them they all move to the menu except for one and I have to move all of them out of the menu which is starting to get tiring. Hoping you can fix this. thank you.
- (2021-07-27, v:1.1) Tamie Hamilton: works great as is, but...
... if you wanted to add some functionality, it would be great if I could white list certain extensions. What I usually use it for: when Chrome acts up, I turn off all the extensions, and then re-enable one at a time, as I need them. There are some extensions that never really make a fuss - like all the google extensions ... (no idea why these aren't built in functionality, but whatever)
- (2021-04-27, v:1.1) Andy Hoster: Odd behavior when switching computers
If I toggle my extensions to "OFF" (and then forget I did it), and power down or hibernate the machine on which I did so (or quit Chrome), I'm usually unable to re-enable them on another machine using the same Google account in Chrome. The extension simply no longer does anything, as if it was the only extension I had enabled to begin with. This persists if I go back to the original machine and relaunch Chrome. I have to re-enable all my extensions by hand. This usually occurs because I forgot to re-enable extensions once I was done whatever I was doing, but still. It's not ideal for users with more than one device.
- (2020-08-29, v:1.1) Google User (M. B.): Latest version of Chrome causes Chrome to crash when toggling extensions to OFF.
Latest version of Chrome causes Chrome to crash when toggling extensions to OFF.
- (2020-07-02, v:1.1) Jesse Francis: Was holding the shift key... now it's broken. Weird.
I usually use this and it works fine. Today I was holding the shift key when I clicked it and my extensions now will not come back.Even if I manually turn them on they will not populate the icon area.I uninstalled this and reinstalled it and they still wont come back. HELP PLEASE!
- (2020-06-21, v:1.1) george windras: chrome extention
can you take chrome extension off for me, I can not do it?
- (2020-06-21, v:1.1) george windras: chrome extention
I have put chrome ex' on husbands computer. I have alzheimers and don't understand it, it is not what I am used to, I need to take it off but it's too hard for me x
- (2020-03-27, v:1.1) Eugene KOLARIC: Timer function
A timer so that you can select a preset time and after which the extensions re-activate. Keep forgetting to turn my extensions back on
- (2020-02-12, v:1.0) Eugene KOLARIC: Suggest there be an optional timer...
I keep forgetting to turn it back on. Plus, I second the suggestion of excluded items option
- (2019-07-28, v:1.0) Apichai Pashaiam: Suggest
Suggest to add the excluded item option.
- (2019-05-14, v:1.0) Removed all extensions from toolbar
I disabled the extensions and it removed them all and I have to manually add them one by one. Not worth it even if it's free.
- (2019-04-30, v:1.0) C P: Able to disable extensions...
But then we can't enable them, and need to manually activate each one.
- (2019-03-19, v:1.0) Craig Blain: Not working
This has been an invaluable tool, but has recently stopped working properly. When I disable extensions by clicking the power icon, it removed them from the toolbar, but when I click it again, now it reactivated them but does not re-add the extensions to the toolbar, where I have to go click the 3-dots and add to the toolbar manually and then click the selected extension to use it.
- (2018-08-01, v:1.0) Lieutenant BaconWaffles: Chrome Themes
Every time I use this to temporarily disable extensions, it uninstalls my Chrome Theme. Not disables it but straight up removes it.
- (2018-06-27, v:1.0) Show in toolbar.
So.. your extension doesn't remember what's shown in the toolbar then you have to add them back.. thanks...
- (2018-06-14, v:1.0) Ted: adobe flash
why won't it play
- (2018-06-08, v:1.0) Hao Dong: could you not show those hidden extensions?
I have hidden some extensions. All of them would appear after disable-enable action. Could you please recognize them and not show?
- (2018-06-08, v:1.0) fire fire gammer: diabled
- (2018-06-08, v:1.0) fire fire gammer: do not remove
it removes all extensions