Thesaurus: Synonym option added to right click menu (+Urban Dictionary)
*HIGHLIGHT WORDS TO SHOW THEIR SYNONYMS **No Ads, No Tracking, and No clutter added to browser NEW: +Fixed all reported bugs +Click on a synonym to replace the selected word with it This awesome thesaurus extension adds Synonyms to the right click menu, just like you are used to it in Microsoft Office(TM). It also gives you the option to look up the highlighted words in Urban Dictionary (TM). All you have to do to get the synonyms of a word is highlight it and do a mouse right click. It is as simple as that. No Ads, no extra buttons, and no option menu. Check out Synonym 4 Right Click review at I Love Free Software: http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/19/featured/5-thesaurus-extensions-google-chrome.html FAQs: When does the Synonym option not show up in the right click menu? Did not highlight the word: it wont show up if nothing is highlighted.
- (2019-11-07) All URLs across all subdomains (m., www. ...)
- (2019-05-04) sihem bendaoud: null
- (2019-01-03) My name is Khan: Irrelevant suggestion occurs. Useless tool.
- (2018-08-26) A. A. Attanasio: The program simply stopped working after a couple of days. Now I have to find another program that is more reliable.
- (2018-04-21) Subburaja Pandian: Very useful. I am using it in my day by day activity.
- (2018-01-30) Scott Reinwand: Word suggestions are pretty limited and the suggestions seem somewhat unintelligent. Replace "good" with great? Bully? Cracking? As long as we're going pure UK English why not include Brilliant?! Another annoyance is that anytime you choose to replace a word, the replacement adds an additional space beyond the highlighted word so you have to erase the added space every time to avoid a double space. Meh.
- (2017-12-03) Jo Brown Flavour: I'm a long-time regular devotee user of Thesaurus and I'd certainly give this extension 4 stars as it serves you its same product quality with same own data but more languages and step-further options would've been highly a better suitor than 2-in-1 merge extension with Urban Dictionary which should have its own as well with refined work toward its own services. Still a winning 3-Star though, but must push things further (like Google for Ex.) if wanting to reach highger
- (2017-11-08) Abdulaziz Al-Otaibi: excellent
- (2017-11-03) desmormos: I was using a writing program that costed five dollars per month to provide a worse version of this free extension, so- thank you! It works fine in general Chrome and in Chrome apps.
- (2017-10-01) Donna Carter: I used it once and it worked great. Next time I tried to use it, it does not appear in the drop down menu of a right click. Yet when I go back into apps extensions it says it is installed and the icon is on my toolbar. Anyone else experience this and find a solution?
- (2017-08-17) emre b.: ingizceye olan hakimiyetini ileri taşıyacak, okumana devinim kazandıracak ve hız katacak, ikamesi zor ve kullanımı pratik.
- (2017-08-09) Ross Wehner: The plugin is confusing words, or doesn't have suggestions. When the plugin doesn't have synonym suggestions it suggests Urban Dictionary, which isn't a helpful writing tool.
- (2017-07-27) Tseng Alex: 這應用程式很好用，看英文文章遇到不懂的字時，可用此先查~讚!
- (2017-07-25) Ember N: i like it so far. i don't need to click out of the window i am working on. will update if i will remove app for some reason.
- (2017-06-03) Sean Abel: Wish that it worked in Google Docs, as that was my reason for installing. Please add that function and it would be a 5 star.
- (2017-05-13) Backyard Stranger: NEEDS WORKING...WHICH MEANS REALLY HIGH...BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE WORDS FOR THOSE WHICH CAN BE FOUND EASILY.
- (2017-04-23) Tai Bogan: not even a thesaurus!! Just trying to promote somthing else like FBook or somthing
- (2017-02-12) Prince Patel: Great extension, I found what i want.
- (2017-02-12) Palko Meriwether: It's nice but it doesn't work on Google Docs, that is a major bummer.
- (2017-02-07) euros ST.: Great App and very convenient! It shows the words on a pop-up window, without the need of open new tabs or pages!! :-)
- (2016-12-25) MinhP Nguyen: best ever
- (2016-10-19) Prasad Hews: does what i need...
- (2016-10-13) Benjamin Kroo: I wish it was better because the functionality is exactly what I want. It doesn't work for all sites, for example, I just tried it out when writing an email, and when i tried using it on a words in a review for this extension, they gave the same results I got for the email even though they weren't the same words. I wish it had better synonyms, and not just "similar words" sometimes.
- (2016-09-24) Dave Stuart: Installed this to assist quickly with the understanding of words, and to find an alternate word when required. At first i thought it was great, but then it becamse apparent that sometimes it seems to stop searching/stop working/work incorrectly. I tried 3 completely separate words a moment ago and all of them came back with the same suggestion. Unfortunately this now means i do not trust this app.
- (2016-09-06) Duc Can: Enough to use
- (2019-09-23, v:2.0.3) Dolly Ackerman: HEBREW
IS THERE AN HEBREW VERSION. DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER EXTENSION IN HEBREW?
- (2018-07-06, v:2.0.3) Jeremy Hastings: Not safe
I wish not to install the extension because it appears to provide access to all of the info on the webpages I visit. Permission: "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit" If there was a way to only get access to data that I highlighted-and-rightclicked-and hovered over "synonyms", I would love to install this.
- (2017-11-18, v:2.0.3) Mustafa Emre Gökmenoğlu: I can't activate this app
I cant activate. It's logo is white&black
- (2017-10-31, v:2.0.3) Bad
Whenever I highlight the word and right click, it doesn't show the option to look at the thesaurus. Piece of trash.
- (2017-10-01, v:2.0.3) Donna Carter: why doesn't it show?
I used it once and it worked great. Next time I tried to use it, it does not appear in the drop down menu of a right click. Yet the icon is on my toolbar and when I go back into apps extensions it says it is installed.
- (2017-09-24, v:2.0.3) nicole taylor: ms word
i love this extension. use it all the time but when typing a document in ms word,cannot get the extension visible to see synonyms. plz help
- (2017-06-20, v:2.0.3) Simranjeet Kaur: hindi
importance of time
- (2017-06-06, v:2.0.3) Birdy Latoski: Highlighter word to search
every word that is highlighted gives the same exact same list of synonyms for each word
- (2017-03-21, v:2.0.3) Rhonda Johns: extension is grayed out
I downloaded the extension an d am trying to use it in google docs, however it is not coming up and it is grayed out in my toolbar. I tried a restart and it did not activate. In extensity, it is showing it is active, but i cant get it to work.
- (2016-12-25, v:2.0.3) MinhP Nguyen: Can I have the database
I like the way the result present very much. I would like to use the it to assist my learning