Allows you to store and access multiple elements in clipboard
How many times you wanted to keep important, but hard to remember, information at your mouse click without leaving the browser? Now you can achieve it with Permanent clipboard. This extensions allows you to save browser clipboard element with friendly name at your fingertips. Now you can store things like phone number, answer templates for discussion forums or bank account numbers.
- (2020-01-02) My Chromium: It's exactly what I've searched!)
- (2019-12-27) Williams Gabriel Sanavria: Excelente app, aunque seria mejor si se pudiera agregar combinación de teclas para pegar texto predeterminado.
- (2019-10-12) The Commander: Loved it so far. Lets see how far it goes.
- (2019-09-15) Amber Harness: i've used this across several computers for a while now. i love it so much. quick question, is there anyway to add support for this to be in the inspect element context menu? sometimes i quickly edit tumblr posts through that inspect element menu but copy paste does't exist in there for your extension.
- (2019-09-09) Michal Ess: gr8
- (2019-08-21) Nicolás Chacón: I find it useful and easy to work with but I miss the option to see the list of elements previously copied to the clipboard. I see once you install it there is an item in the right click menu with the Permanent Clipboard icon but it doesn't make any other action than the system copy. It would be great if that special copy item would store that text in a list that you could later manage.
- (2019-07-16) Brian Walker: Al principio era buenisimo, pero despues de un tiempo no puedo agregar más entradas. Las agrego pero cuando hago F5 o reinicio Chorme desaparecen.
- (2019-07-02) Angie Zúñiga: I loved it, but today when trying to switch from synchronized to local it deleted all of my entries in the sync folders and the backup I made prior to this doesn't even work. Help?
- (2019-07-01) Tyron Kennington: Worked fine until I needed to save a larger file. Then it just refused to save, reverted to previous save or outright deleted entry from app...
- (2019-06-24) Lewis Campbell: Seems really simple to use and its been super useful!
- (2019-06-13) Ian Clark: Super easy to build library of standard comments to paste into PDF documents when posting invoices etc. Love it.
- (2019-06-04) Roee Vakrat: Does exactly what said, and elegantly
- (2019-05-14) Stacey Anderson: Three stars, due to a few reasons, and also I have found an extension that does similar things and solves my needs that this one fails at. I do have a separate use case for this one and both of my clip-board extensions have been active and sit side-by-side on my toolbar. I love how simple it is, but the UI needs some work, also it would be great if we could format our text after, and then once pasted the formatting would keep. Better yet, support for Markdown, so that I could paste something marked with markdown and instead of pasting raw markdown/html if pasted into a WYSIWYG HTML editor for example, the formatting would be automatically rendered. (This would mean the extension would have to process markdown into HTML, so then once we've saved something we've edited with markdown, what we see in the extension is the rendered HTML. When we copy the text it should copy formatted. (For example if you open an HTML page locally in your browser and copy it as it, if you paste it into Gmail with rich editing on, all the formatting stays (unless of course you choose to paste as plain-text) Sorry for that long winded explanation, I just wanted to make sure it's understood. MY BIGGEST GRIPE and something that would give it an extra star from me is if the '+' sign in the top-right corner was for creating a New Entry instead of a New Directory.. I hardly ever create a new directory since my use case for this is more for holding temporary things that I only may need to use once or twice and then forget about them... However, I am a cautious deleter, meaning I don't delete anything unless I have to or my storage is at 100%.. [I use a Chromebook and routinely have to clean out my local storage.. as a cautious deleter, all I do is copy the entire contents of my local folder and upload it onto my Google Drive - many of these files I don't need anymore but never know when or if I may need them again -- the same goes for this extension LOL] So I hate having to scroll down my list and then "Add New Entry" - Also I use a Chromebook with up-to-date Chrome but for some reason "Add from System Clipboard" has never worked for me.. It either pastes nothing or pastes something in that I totally didn't recently copy, so I don't know what's up with that. So, UI and broken feature have lost this guy some stars but it is still useful to me but I use my other similar extension more often and for permanent 'pastes'. *Not supporting formatting was just a suggestion and didn't contribute to any missing stars. Thank you!
- (2019-05-09) Pramod Padghan: I lost all the template which I was saved in it and not sure how to increase the tool limit to save the tempates
- (2019-05-08) Jim C: This is a top notch tool for those who have to do the same items in all of the time. I find that you do want to save the backup files every so often, to avoid having any issues with the updates that come down. It is worth throwing a couple of bucks to this person for this very useful day in and day out tool. I'm hoping that I can get it to work with the new version of Microsoft Edge...
- (2019-04-26) Gibby Gibson: Was really hoping this could be my replacement for Clippings in FF. Does not work at all. Added the extension and immediately tried to test it out. Using right-click menu to input data would not work in multiple text boxes.
- (2019-04-24) Tanky Street 20: good extension....
- (2019-03-15) Perfecto!
- (2019-03-01) Йоанна Иванова: От време на време забива и не позволява да добавям нови directories.
- (2019-02-01) Bel Raskr: Двойка за такую ситуацию : 1)хромой перевод 2)нет горячих клавиш 3)нет контекстного меню 4)появляется не сразу при установке
- (2019-02-01) Joe D: Super handy for storing snippets of code for quick retrieval. Exactly what I was looking for!
- (2019-01-11) Mariia Volovikova: Для учебы в самый раз! Советую все друзьям
- (2019-01-03) v. s. s.: Simples e fácil, é perfeito!
- (2018-12-09) Len Po: Great but would be even better if I could clear the entire clipboard at once instead of individually.
- (2018-11-28) Rosh Polekar: super duper helpful
- (2020-01-21, v:2.5.2) Rick Barber: Pasting to two different fields
Recently when using the clipboard paste feature - it pastes the data to two different data fields. Example - when composing an email we use the feature to paste into the body but it is also pasting it to the subject field.
- (2019-12-14, v:2.5.2) Christina Cline: Moving Existing Entries
I would like to be able to move my existing entries into a directory - how can this be achieved?
- (2019-11-03, v:2.5.2) Dominic Ryan Osborne: icon
Hi, please note that your app icon is in a white circle, this clashes against browser themes, dark especially, can you alpha the app icon so that only the pertinent aspect of the icon is visible instead of having a white background?
- (2019-08-27, v:2.5.2) Bruno Verschraegen: Move existing entries into new directory
Hi, I have neatly labelled and arranged my entries at the top level, without creating directories. Moving jobs within the same company, I now want to do so. How can I move existing entries into a newly created directory. I may be overlooking it but have not seen an obvious way to do so. Thanks for your assistance.
- (2019-07-02, v:2.5.1) Angie Zúñiga: Entries lost
Hi, it was working just fine until today, I made a backup and then I switched from sync to local as I was running out of space, when switching it deleted all my entries and the backup doesn't work :( help
- (2019-05-21, v:2.5.1) John Danchisko: Content Erased
Good morning! I love Permanent Clipboard and I ran out of synchronized space. I switched to local storage and all of my contents were erased. Luckily, I have a backup saved. However, when I clicked "Read" I get a message that says that my content was restored, but it does not show up in the entries on the plugin. Is there any other way to resurrect my data? Please help!
- (2019-01-22, v:2.5.0) Diane Dockus: Permanent Clipboard option no longer showing up as option when I right click inside Google Doc comment.
Permanent Clipboard option no longer showing up as option when I right click inside Google Doc comment. Please help. I've already cleared cache and data, and that has not helped.
- (2018-12-26, v:2.4.8) All the entries I had on my clipboard got erased.
This extention was working perfectly and now all my entries have been erased. Is there a way to retrive the information?
- (2018-12-20, v:2.4.8) jamal Ammouri: view on one text page
Hi ~ You really made a great tool, Thanks. Could all the contents be viewed on one text page?
- (2018-11-14, v:2.4.8) Ajay Tripathi: Backup in JSON format
Hi, I really want to store the backup in JSON format, edit the notes from the my text editor and import it back to chrome extension. Is such a feature planned? Thanks!
- (2018-10-24, v:2.4.5) Stephen Grieshober: pasting not working
I have users and my self trying to use the permanent clipboard extension to provide feedback to staff. St works in some places in schoology.com like responding to an announcement in a course but does not work in a discussion board.
- (2018-10-23, v:2.4.4) Mick Lee: No Longer Working
Hi, Permanent Clipboard has been working fine up until now, but my saved clips just aren't copying any more. Whenever I click on an entry it just scrolls down to the bottom. I've tried restarting my pc but it's made no difference & there have been no recent Windows updates. Any suggestions please? Mick