The default New Tab is not Google enough ? Try Cardboard, Now with more Material Design (plus nifty features)
Cardboard replaces your boring new tab page with an awesome card interface. You can quickly access your bookmarks, history, apps with style. Wait... there's more but how about you try it before I tell you everything? #MATERIALYOLO is up ! See what's new: https://github.com/dot-louis/cardboard/releases/ Don't hesitate to review and submit bugs or features. Cardboard is also awesome because it is open-source: https://github.com/dot-louis/cardboard/ Icons and webstore artworks by Casey Labatt Simon. Thx man! More at http://www.caseyls.com/ Wonder why all theses permissions are required ? I explain them all here: https://github.com/dot-louis/cardboard/wiki/Permissions Cardboard uses Google Analytics to collect usage data. More info at https://github.com/dot-louis/cardboard/wiki/Analytics **spoiler**: I don't spy on you.
- (2019-07-08) Alex DD: J'ai aimé : - les permissions sont demandées à chaque fois (sécurité + et respect de la vie privée ++) - le carton système (CPU, mémoire et usage du disque) - la possibilité de personnaliser le fond d'écran (ou plutôt la bande en haut de la page) Je n'ai pas du tout aimé : - Le fond d'écran est limité à une petite bande en haut de la page ? Pourquoi ? - L'absence de couleur des cartons (gris et blanc) et de l'arrière plan (blanc). Suggestion : ajoute de la transparence ou prolonge la bande pour que le fond d'écran couvre tout l'arrière plan. - Les formes rectangulaires ne sont pas très plaisantes (aspect retro) Suggestions : Des idées pour améliorer l'esthétique et l'aspect en général, regarde ces extensions "cybrhome new tab page" "group speed dial", "Yay! Another Speed dial!" et "Tabliss" (celle que j'utilise en ce moment).
- (2019-01-20) When I initially installed this extension, it was working fabulously, but I assume it was after a recent update that the Google Trends are not populating and I get a notification stating "Google Trends unable to Load". The support page of this extension stated that they are currently working on a fix, but to correct the issue, all I needed to do was uninstall and reinstall, but still nothing. Im holding out hope they do come up with a patch in the next update! I like mah trends given to me that way! :) hahah Other than that, I love this app.
- (2019-01-09) Hinteor Dark-light: ужасно . нельзя добавить даже часы , нельзя менять ничего местами , даже если вам удастся обмануть это и поставить всё в нужном порядке то в новой вкладке всё опять настроится по умолчанию . на пример : я поставил производительность системы вверх , добавил историю и вот , в новой вкладке производительность опять внизу , под историей ! этому расширению срочно требуется доработка !
- (2018-08-17) Alena Kuz: I like your application very much. I dislike that you have hidden More and Remove in Menu (there is enought area to put them). I need a quick access too. Also my page apps don't show all the installed apps and show some additional. If I see in Google chrome region with apps I am waiting too see a) only installed apps, b) only ON apps. Here is a problem((((. Also like you quick acces to history on all my devices
- (2018-05-03) Micha van Doorne: Amazing, love the google now experience. Like others are saying, extend it with much more cards. I only have 1 request. Speed it up! The animations are great, but there is moving to much (all cards separately) and to slow in my opinion. https://material.io/guidelines/motion/material-motion.html#material-motion-what-makes-a-good-transition
- (2018-03-31) dugmeat mcdonald jnr: IT DOES NOT AAVE A SEARCH PANE, OR I CANT LOCATE IT. ITS THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE IN ANY APPS OF THIS TYPE
- (2018-01-22) Very good little extension. Only thing it needs is a dark mode <3.
- (2018-01-16) Austin Truong: Gr8 extension would recommend
- (2017-10-19) Abdul-Hakeem Burns: Really cool, but it would be great if you could manually arrange the position of each card instead of being forced into the default arrangement. Additional cards could also be useful, as others have suggested, such as network speed, notes editor, etc. More granularity/customization would also be cool. And if it's even somehow possible, Google Now integration would be awesome, but I don't think that any sort of non-mobile version of that exists...
- (2017-09-01) Micah Smith: You should really have an option to rearrange the different boxes, as well as add a google search with mic option to the banner on top.
- (2017-06-27) Callan Schackor: I really like the layout, but I wish it had a to-do list option. I found this extension while looking for to-do list new tab extensions. I'm not a huge fan of the other to-do list extension options and had hoped that this would be the solution.
- (2017-06-20) Tom Fowler: This is great, I was looking for something different but this caught my eye and I'm glad it did. One thing that would be great is if you could implement Google Keep somehow?
- (2017-06-19) Andrzej W: Low usability. No "speed-dial" function and bookmarks are very limited, unable to rearrange or resizing "tiles", limited types of "tiles", top sites are wrong.
- (2017-06-18) Lauren: Cool! Has pretty much exactly what I was looking for. The only additional thing I'd like is just for my new tab to load faster :) I did experience a bug where I couldn't remove the Apps card after placing it.
- (2017-05-09) Hưng Trương: I wish i could change the wa
- (2017-04-10) Jesse Gollan: Works as promised. Fast and simple... Would love to have greater customization options... and also a link to donate to the developer.
- (2017-03-17) Laurent B: Nice idea. The google trends are a bit surprising to me, maybe they could be localized. Also, it'd be nice to be able to interact with the widgets (eg. organize Top Sites' order...)
- (2017-03-16) Yujeong Soh: I wish I could have another type of cardboard (like a dock station), where I can put the icons(buttons) of 'bookmarks' or 'URL links' that I need to check right next time; delete and change the icons when I've done with them. Also the following types of cardboard would be awesome.. + Google calendar cardboard + Google maps cardboard + Gmail cardboard One more thing is the customization problem. I'd like to customize the size and location of the cardboard, and the image (not only for the header) for the background! :) :) I really love your works, and hope you're still "not busy working on" your startup♡♡♡. Thanks a lot!
- (2017-03-11) Abhishek Saini: Great UI, everything i need on new tab is on google board.
- (2017-01-25) Jordan Valentine: Very pretty, but there on/off on the sections is the only customization option. You should be able to add or remove google apps and customize your favorite pages. Not really any advantage to the Google default without those features.
- (2017-01-14) Alex L.: So far, so good. Would love to see my connection speed in the system panel, be able to move panels around, maybe have a to-do list or notes panel, and have a few more options for customization - but it's still a work in progress. One thing I'd really like to see (this might not be cardboard's thing) is cards displaying live search results (like the cards that are displayed if you query a city and "time" or "weather" in google. Whether google has an API for that, idk. I guess that would basically be a material version of iGoogle, which would be rad.
- (2016-10-23) GOOD If you can, add another language 东西不错 如果可以的话希望添加其他语言
- (2016-10-17) Very simple and useful app. The best starting page I've been using.
- (2016-10-15) Espen Laget: Awesome new page screen which a lot of usefull links. Loads fairly quickly and looks great. Some way or arranging cards would be good. The card-interface could over time get even more useful widgets.
- (2016-09-19) Yogendra Joshi: Lovely idea.. I would love to see Google Keep integrated into this
- (2019-01-20, v:2.0.3) Google Trends Not Populating
Hi! I did notice that something about the google trends populating on the front-end ticker may be having a slight issue or problem for some folks. I did try to uninstall and reinstall but still getting the same notification when a new tab opens up. I have attached a link to a screenshot of what I get. Just wanted to let you all know about this! No need to reach back out to solve this issue, seeing it's not a huge ordeal on my end but if you would like to dig deeper about the issue, feel free to reach out! :) Thank you! https://ibb.co/DK29c3d
- (2018-08-19, v:2.0.3) mike fritts: cardboard
where do i get qr codes?
- (2018-02-18, v:2.0.3) Neehar Vijay: faster loading and animations
please make animations faster (default Martial Design speed) and make page load faster
- (2018-01-16, v:2.0.3) Lindsey Reich: Problem with some app icons
For the last few weeks, the app icons for Google Calendar, Google Drive, YouTube, and Google Search are generic "box" icons. Chrome Web Store, Docs, Gmail and Spotify look fine, however.
- (2017-09-19, v:2.0.3) Nathan Loper: Additions
This extension is awesome and I love the way it looks, simplistic and clean, but could use the ability to not only move but change the size of the squares. The color right now is cool as well, but being able to change the color of everything would really spark, and stand out to people, maybe even if you could put your own picture behind it like you did with the header. Adding the ability to change the background would be awesome, everyone would love it, but if you could somehow make it to where you could apply a gif, or video to the background and have it playing over and over is something that you can only get with an extra add-on, so if you added that with the ability to change the background would automatically make this my favorite extension, if it isn't already. Another simple thing to add to add more customization, would be to allow the person to add their own widgets, like putting a URL that they could click to take them to their favorite website, of course this is disregarding the bookmarks.
- (2017-08-16, v:2.0.3) Алексей Frenzy: From Russia with love.
- More personalization options (color change, background pictures, drag&drop widgets) - More widgets (doodles(!), google services integration, weather, calendar, memo field, yes even a calculator) - Quick settings widget - choosing settings to show. - Daily search trends in the header - switch global trends or region/language group/country trends. - Language/country selection.
- (2017-03-16, v:2.0.3) Yujeong Soh: ♡♡♡
I wish I could have another type of cardboard (like a dock station), where I can put the icons(buttons) of 'bookmarks' or 'URL links' that I need to check right next time; delete and change the icons when I've done with them. Also the following types of cardboard would be awesome.. + Google calendar cardboard + Google maps cardboard + Gmail cardboard One more thing is the customization problem. I'd like to customize the size and location of the cardboard, and the image (not only for the header) for the background! :) :) I really love your works, and hope you're still "not busy working on" your startup♡♡♡. Thanks a lot!
- (2016-10-23, v:2.0.3) language
If you can, add another language
- (2016-10-01, v:2.0.3) Jonathan: Would be cool if there was drag and dropping
If possible, it would be really nice if there was drag and dropping for tiles.
- (2016-09-27, v:2.0.3) Remy B: Gmail intergration
Hello, I've a nice suggestion. A gmail intergration in the new tab as a card. And why I can't remove the upper text. I don't like that. Absolute the best new tab ever made!