Manage privacy settings, browsing data deletion, quickly access page in incognito mode, manage cookies and monitor network traffic
- (2020-03-15) mitchelljgaming: yh
- (2020-03-15) Haakon Dørstad: good
- (2019-08-26) FZ: Remove all on browser startup and the history still exists. Remove history on brwoser startup and the history still exists. Main feature doesnt work!?
- (2019-07-30) Moxi Moz: Simply amazing.
- (2019-05-29) Michael Kharitonov: Almost all settings are present in Chrome. For cleaning it's better to use external program that doesn't suffer from API limitations.
- (2019-01-08) Wanted to switch from Click&Clean to an open source alternative. Privacy Manager fit the bill. It's comprehensive and has a clear, concise and informative UI.
- (2018-05-05) trytip x.: if you are signed in to google, the most important information you want gone is not deleted when you clear everything at startup. these cookies and storage still remain https://i.imgur.com/QJDaBpg.jpg
- (2018-04-11) Dirk Fretz: I'm using Vivaldi, which is a Chrome based browser. Because Google doesn't seem to think it's necessary to clear out a Chrome browser cache, CCleaner is always alerting me to the 500+MB of disk space being wasted. Prior to Vivaldi, I was using Avant Browser with the Chrome engine. One of the things I loved and miss about AB were all the browser auto-cleaning on exit options Google Chrome only seems to implement haphazardly or not at all. Honestly, AB spoiled me, but I had to make the switch to something else because it's not being kept up very well lately. As much as I like Vivaldi and its customization options, it's no AB when it comes to auto-cleaning browser clutter. Before settling on Privacy Manager, I tried 3 other browser cleaners. The other Chrome Web Store extensions for clearing the browser cache required user interaction, i.e. one click cleaning. I thought, "Why do I need to be involved at all? Whatever happened to auto-cleaning by selecting that option?". Well, Chrome doesn't have that option. So, this is the next best thing and it's really good. Based on CCleaner's analysis, it doesn't clear every Vivaldi cache folder, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. There are GPU and Shader related files that you probably don't want deleted on a regular basis. There are also probably other cache related folders and files that might be native to the way Vivaldi does things, but not entirely Chrome browser folder location format proper. So, I can't fault PM for not finding and deleting them if it would delete those files when using the Google Chrome browser. All I can say is that I'm happy my browser cache is cleaned every time I open Vivaldi so that I'm not wasting disk space. Addendum: After reading through some of the other reviews, my hunch of why all cache items are not deleted was confirmed and explained by Manvel Saroyan's response to another reviewer: Manvel SaroyanAug 11, 2017 Yes, it's true, currently the extension only deletes the web browsing data ignoring the protected web origins set by hosted apps and extensions. I think this should be made clear see -> https://github.com/Manvel/Privacy-Manager/issues/14 .
- (2018-03-04) ВАСЯ пупкин: The best i've ever seen.
- (2017-12-12) Douglas Santos: me parece que não esta funcinando mais!! aqui não está fazendo a limpeza de cache!!! sempre q rodo progama de limpeza o cache do crome esta sempre cheio!!
- (2017-10-17) Sasagi Sasindara: good
- (2017-09-13) Clemens Ratte-Polle: when editing cookies chrome crashes...
- (2017-08-13) waterfall: В режиме инкогнито не удаляет все куки сразу, только по одной. Если удалять их с помощью перезапуска браузера, то для чего нужен тогда такой менеджер приватности? UPD to Manvel Saroyan Только что отправил Вам письмо на мэйл с заголовком: "Вопросы по Privacy Manager" UPD to Manvel Saroyan Спасибо, версия обновилась и сейчас всё в порядке.
- (2017-08-08) Веда: пока работает не плохо,мне нравится!
- (2017-07-25) 謝順堂: 對記憶體的控管相當有幫助，解決了我的相當大的困擾，感謝。
- (2017-02-14) VA: Block user agent on page http://atomurl.net/myip/ http://www.whatsmyua.com not working (Vivaldi browser)
- (2017-02-08) Артур Колодезний: отлично
- (2016-12-24) Игорь Иванов: Расширение хорошее. Давно пользуюсь, но в последнее время на некоторых сайтах через браузер Vivaldi с этим расширением не отображаются жизненно важные элементы (формы авторизации, карты, надписи на кнопках).
- (2016-09-30) Thomas Sola: I'm running into a problem where Privacy Manager is making it impossible to login to an important app I use for work. Even when I turn off every option it still blocks access so it's doing something in the background when it shouldn't be. Outside of this it works as advertised but it makes me trust the extension a little less when it's still doing some kind of operation even though it shouldn't be.
- (2016-07-21) Christian Lindenau: Ganz gut, doch seit September 2013 kein Update mehr. :-(
- (2016-04-10) VERIFICADO ❼: Privacy Manager + SaferVPN + Disconnect (Ads) PRIVACIDADE [ON] - RECOMENDO
- (2015-08-17) Vishal C: IT WAS VERY HELPFUL
- (2015-06-22) SW Vinyl: Works and works Very well to deletions of cookies without going deeper into chrome.
- (2014-10-24) Jean-Michel Digneffe: auto installed came with browsershop adware which add ads in every single page
- (2014-10-21) spam
- (2014-10-14) Денис Пискунов: Необходимо вернуть подключавшийся модуль
- (2014-10-01) Praveen Gwari: good
- (2014-09-29) Ravikumar Jagarapu: Excellent....really good to use....just try it....!
- (2021-04-03, v:3.5.4) Joker: Куки текущей вкладки
Куки текущей вкладки. Не правильно определяет текущий сайт на вкладках других окон. Берёт данные последней активной вкладки "основного" окна. Fix плз )
- (2020-12-15, v:3.5.4) Алексей Лебедев: Автозаполнение форм
Здраствуйте! Подскажите, пожалуйста, как пользоваться автозаполнением форм?
- (2019-02-05, v:3.4.1) Empire Energy: В разделе куки или сеть не включается Доп. разрешения
Версия 72.0.3626.81 в разделе куки или сеть не включается Доп. разрешения (не работают кнопки вкл/выкл). Куки текущей вкладки (тут кнопки работают), то есть могу вкл/выкл
- (2019-01-04, v:3.3.0) no name: Browser freezes when scrolling long pages that dynmically reload content
CPU is a Pentium N5000. I was wondering why Vivaldi always freezes when scrolling certain longer pages (www.inoreader.com), even though the system still reacts normally and the CPU is not 100% full. So I deactivated all extensions, activated some extensions bit by bit, restarted the browser, and scrolled a long page on www.inoreader.com. In the end, the extension "Privacy Manager" turned out to be the culprit.
- (2018-11-01, v:3.3.0) Dirk Fretz: Chrome/70.0.3538.77 creates incompatibility with PM
You probably already know this is the case, but Chrome/70.0.3538.77 (October 24, 2018) is causing PM to not be configurable, nor allowing whatever configurations were configured to function.
- (2018-09-29, v:3.3.0) Dirk Fretz: Clearing cache on exit testing idea.
I just saw your response to me and your GitHub post. Wish I'd get email replies sent to me from the CWS, but I guess that's not an option or maybe one I haven't engaged. Anyway, if you don't get any GitHub feedback, you might try a different route. Maybe you could download Avant Browser, play with it, test it, and dig into how it the clear cache on exit function works without causing problems. I don't know if there's a coder's moral and ethical conduct problem with that idea, but I don't see one as a non-coder since every one playing with Chrome is making tweaks to a browser they don't own. Btw, I just switched over from a hard drive to an ssd drive, and the browser cache clearing on open is still a laggy event. Sometimes it's not nearly as bad, but other times it's just as bad as if I was still using the hard drive. So, now you've got some new real world info to use.
- (2018-07-30, v:3.2.1) Abid Shiekh: Plugins in not supported
i cant view my IP camera NEt surveillance in my chrome browser. when i tried to logged in its says plugins is not supported i tried difference plugin, can you help me out. Thnks
- (2018-06-01, v:3.2.1) Dirk Fretz: Clear on browser Exit not Open
One of the things I'd suggest you do is change the clearing of items to be done on browser exit rather on browser open. For one thing, if you've got a cache that's got 500MB and up of stuff in it, it's going to take time to clear. That lag time between when you want your browser up and ready to use and when it's actually available because PM is busy cleaning it is extremely annoying. Clearing stuff on exit is how the Avant Browser browser cleaning options work. They tidy and clean up the browser during the browser shutdown process so it's fast and ready to use when you open it. Another thing I'd do is move this extension from the Chrome Web Store category "Social & Communication" to "Productivity". Every other similar, but inferior extension on the CWS, is listed in the Productivity category. You're really hurting your exposure of this superior extension by not having it in the right CWS category. The last thing I can think of is capitalize the "M" in "Privacy Manager". Right now as it's shown on the CWS, you're using a lowercase "m" when it should be an uppercase "M". First impressions count, and the lowercase "m" doesn't help. Again, thanks for a great extension.
- (2018-05-27, v:3.2.1) How to Prevent Cookie Ads Every Time?
Am I able to prevent websites from asking if cookies are okay every time? If so, how can I do this with this extension? I have a MacBook Pro.
- (2017-12-19, v:3.2.1) Amit Kumar: Can this control browser's default Password Management settings
Hello Manvel, Can this extension help in controlling the default Password Management of browser and should be in total control of Admin? If not, do you have any other stuff like that? Would appreciate, if you can help me out. Thanks! BR, AMIT K.
- (2017-11-07, v:3.2) Brian Triebner: enable cookies
- (2017-05-29, v:2.9) Kim Cope: Enable Cookies
- (2017-04-15, v:2.9) Location Field Search
Typing a search query in the locations field resolves to the google search page, necessitating rewriting the query. This issue disappears when I remove PM.So much for good coding and Q/A testingh.
- (2016-12-05, v:2.9) Ursula Walker: keep getting blocked
I don't remember installing this privacy switch, but keep getting a big red flag about STOP TRACKING NOW. How do I get this fixed?