Automatically create APA format, MLA 8 format, and Harvard referencing style citations with our citation machine add-on for Chrome.
MyBib is a new FREE bibliography and citation generator that makes accurate citations for you to copy straight into your academic assignments and papers. If you've been using EasyBib, Citation Machine, BibMe, Cite This For Me, or Noodletools to make your citations then you're going to love MyBib. Simply browse to any page on the internet (including PDFs) and click the MyBib button to generate an automatically formatted citation for that page. We can format webpages and PDFs in over 9,000 different citation styles, including APA, MLA 7, MLA 8, Harvard, AMA, and Chicago. We even have styles specific to your school, too. Copy your generated citations directly into your paper, or save them to your bibliography for later. You can export them into other citation managers like Zotero or Mendeley, print them directly, or save them as BibTeX. MyBib is totally free to use, and has no ads. We created the citation maker we wish existed, so say goodbye to Easybib and hello to MyBib! *** "Definitely the best way to clip citations straight from the internet" "Easybib and the other citation tools have become so slow, this is like a breath of fresh air" "I can't believe this is free and there's no ads either. Would recommend!" *** Update 1.1.12 - Improvements when citing PDFs Update 1.1.11 - Improved accuracy further. Fixed a formatting bug when copying/pasting an in-text citation. Update 1.1.9 - Improved accuracy when copying and pasting citations directly from the extension into your papers Update 1.1.7 - Few more bugs squashed Update 1.1.3 - Bug fixes Update 1.1.2 - We can now cite PDFs and pages saved on your computer! (just make sure you enable access to file URLs in the extension settings) Update 1.1.1 - Changed the UI around a bit - Improved PDF autocite Update 1.0.2 - Bug fixes
- (2020-02-06) YeetVonYote: I previously used a different citing tool, however it was a hassle to use. There were 25 ads covering the screen at any given time. Also, I would have to switch back and forth from the website to the citation tool in order to input information. This is much easier to use and a lot quicker too. I no longer dread the creation of the bibliography at the end of a long research paper.
- (2020-02-04) Stanly Peterson: This... This save me A LOT of time!
- (2020-02-03) Gareth Lockwood: this is soooooooo helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2020-02-01) Wilson Wu: This helped a lot on my essays, and this should be recognized. It is an easy tool which you do not have to even open a website!
- (2020-01-29) Ari Phillips: Far and away the best citation generator available! None of the heaps and heaps of ads that others have, and citing is easier too!
- (2020-01-28) M FLO: Paper writing is not my strong suit and since I've been out of school for a while this app is a huge help in getting me back into seeing how things work, I would be lost without its help! Super easy to use, very simple and straightforward, love it thanks!
- (2020-01-27) David Brake: Works fairly well, but if it misrecognises a journal article as a website I couldn't find a way to tell it to change the article type.
- (2020-01-27) ΚΩΝΣΤΑΝΤΙΝΟΣ ΝΙΚΑΣ: Καταπληκτική εφαρμογή για τη διαχείριση βιβλιογραφικών αναφορών. Αμέτρητα στυλ, εύχρηστη, αναντικατάστατη.
- (2020-01-05) Casey Weisbeck: I am a college instructor and I love this extension. I have no been using it long but it makes life so much easier for myself and my students.
- (2019-12-31) عبدالرحمن الخنجاري: It helped me a lot and saved me much time. Thank you! Keep it up
- (2019-12-25) Jared Tabangcura: This is time-saving. Hoping for an update which will include APA 7th edition soon.
- (2019-12-13) 谭紫滢: Extremely useful! The Harvard style website is absolutely accurate : D Thumb up! A small tip, according to https://library.leeds.ac.uk/referencing-examples/9/leeds-harvard/1043/instagram ,the Harvard style cite of Instagram post might look like this-> @itsnicethat. 2018. In @dantezaballa’s film, My Trip to Japan, the animator creates a morphing visual voyage which transitions through memories from Tokyo […]. [Instagram]. 17 December. [Accessed 10 June 2019]. Available from: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrfNHUtBhlg/ Hope the future edition can add it in~ CHEERS!
- (2019-12-10) Hobbitmaster 217: I love it, this extension allows me to get assignments done super fast because I have to cite all of my work, all I have to do is 2 buttons then i am done citing the page. I just wish that they could paste it with a certain font or color. Just love it definitely worth installing it
- (2019-12-05) Nick Downey: I love this. It saves me so much time while researching for papers and essays
- (2019-12-03) Brittany Castaneda: As an adult returning to higher education endeavors, finding this app has literally been a make or break for me towards my odds of succeeding. The hardest thing for me returning to school is learning my way around all the new technologies since I was last in school. Technologies develop and evolve so rapid pace that I may as well have had a 30 year gap in use as opposed to just 5 years. Your app has literally been a LIFE SAVOR for my grades as well as my credibility, and my competency as a research writer. I sincerely cannot praise this app enough. Every college student needs this app, and anyone performing any type of research needs this app!
- (2019-12-03) wang bowen: It is a life saver. Much better than endnote, can't live without it
- (2019-12-01) J. Aiello: I use this to get all the information onto my paper, then fix it so it's actually in APA because the structure is usually a mess. I'm glad this app exists, but it could definitely use some work.
- (2019-11-25) Font Font: Useful and easy to use
- (2019-11-23) Edward Mathews: Excellent citation generator, very useful extension which saves much time especially with articles and books, and mybib overall is excellent for a free resource and should meet most/all your needs as a law researcher writing a paper.
- (2019-11-22) Chris: Nearly every APA citation format is wrong.
- (2019-11-10) theboss7261: Better than EasyBib, more complex, but that's what makes it better. Would recommend it to students.
- (2019-11-03) Alex Lynch: I used this software as an alternative to Endnote as my university requires us to use a web-based software text editor. Aside from a hiccup where it was unavailable for a brief period of time (an hour or so), it has worked perfectly fine. It is easy to use and reasonably intuitive. It doesn't have some of the finer nuances of Endnote such as being able to change the output style to completely match your university requirements (although you can search your specific university’s style to see if they have it).
- (2019-11-03) Chan Yen: Hey please send helps. at first it was nice but turn out not working and come out 'temporary error formatting bibliography citation'
- (2019-10-30) remya amarnath: thank you dears,it really saved my time,in my last minute thesis prepation,thank you
- (2019-10-17) Hassan Ali: Helps alot and saves alot of time using the oscola for law
- (2020-01-19, v:1.1.13) martha babatunde: Deleting account
i need to delete an account that is conflicting with my current account, how can i go about it?
- (2019-12-09, v:1.1.13) Nikkia Thompson: Need to reinstall every time we use computers
Our class installed mybib to their classroom computers. They are having to reinstall each day; they did sync information, but many of them still have to reinstall the program.
- (2019-09-23, v:1.1.11) David Kan: HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
I'm trying to use mybib but I keep getting the "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable." error code.
- (2019-09-23, v:1.1.11) John Zingale: My Bib not Working
My students and I are trying to use your service, but the extension is working, and we keep getting a Service Unavailable error. Is My Bib still a working service, or is this a tech issue on our end?
- (2019-01-29, v:1.1.9) Jonas Olsen: Language
Is there an option to change the language?
- (2019-01-20, v:1.1.9) Carol DeLis: Which of the hundreds of styles do this:
[regarding an article on the internet] I do research papers on current events and need the date of when the ARTICLE was published. Totally CONFUSING to have a date of 2000 (when the website first appeared) when the citation is to a CURRENT EVENT.and was published Jan 5, 2019! Most styles I have tested leave out the 2019 date entirely. Which makes that style useless for me. Do you have a page of examples of each style so I don't have to test each one of the hundreds and try to remember which ones I have already tested when scrolling down the list? This is what I need: Title of article Date of the ARTICLE (and NOT the date the site was first on the internet) The URL of the article (which includes the website which does NOT have to be separate) Does NOT have "retrieved" date Does NOT have all those space-taking extra words of "accessed" and "retrieved from" and so on. To keep it simple and uncluttered. Title either in quotes or italicized, whichever. "Title", www.example.com/articletitle/otheridstuffofwebsite, dateofarticle. (date retrieved can be optional as long as there is no date of website (2000) and that there IS the URL and there IS the actual date of the article itself).
- (2019-01-18, v:1.1.9) William Hart: Authours
even on documents that I can easily find the authour's names on. Your extension never can find an authour, it happens on every single page I try to cite.
- (2018-11-29, v:1.1.8) Error in Formatting Reference
Good moring! I have all of my classes using MyBib and they love it. However, today, all of my students are getting the message 'Error in Formatting Reference" on new citations and previously entered citations. Is this a known issue or is there something I can do on my end to help with this? Thanks so much, Kelli Fitch