Automatically create APA style, MLA format, and Harvard referencing style citations with our citation generator add-on for Chrome.
MyBib is a new FREE bibliography and citation generator that makes accurate citations for you to copy straight into your academic assignments and papers. Simply browse to any page on the internet (including PDFs) and click the MyBib button to generate an automatically formatted citation for that page. We can format webpages and PDFs in over 9,000 different citation styles, including APA 6, APA 7, MLA 8, Harvard, AMA, and Chicago. We even have styles specific to your school, too. Copy your generated citations directly into your paper, or save them to your bibliography for later. You can export them into other citation managers like Zotero or Mendeley, print them directly, or save them as BibTeX. MyBib is totally free to use, and has no ads. We created the citation maker we wish existed, so say hello to MyBib! *** Update 1.1.12 - Improvements when citing PDFs Update 1.1.11 - Improved accuracy further. Fixed a formatting bug when copying/pasting an in-text citation. Update 1.1.9 - Improved accuracy when copying and pasting citations directly from the extension into your papers Update 1.1.7 - Few more bugs squashed Update 1.1.3 - Bug fixes Update 1.1.2 - We can now cite PDFs and pages saved on your computer! (just make sure you enable access to file URLs in the extension settings)
- (2022-08-16) MUDASIRU OLALERE Yusuf: I had used several bibliography or reference creators, but I can affirm that MyBib is the best in terms of the usefulness and ease of use
- (2022-08-11) Gabi Holdsworth: Absolutely amazing, best reference manage/citation generator I've tried. Literally got me through my degree, saves so much time and it really easy to use. Some of my favourite features: 1) You can save and organise references in different folders, for example if you're working on multiple assignments at a time. 2) You can attach personal notes/annotations to references, which is fantastic! 3) Love that you can easily modify a citation as you save it, so no need to go to the reference list to find it and edit it. 4) You can colour code folders, and individual references!! (although not a necesary feature, it makes me very happy)
- (2022-08-10) Weemus Studio Presents: I would not be doing so well with my work for school and in the studio without this extension. We sing "LubmyMyBib" every time I use it which is a lot. I am not surprised that others agree. MyBib is the extension for me.
- (2022-07-29) Cheryl Cuningham: Time saver!!! Thanks. I love it!!
- (2022-07-26) Caleb George: assignment life saverrrr
- (2022-07-26) Zoe Trice: Amazing for college students!!!
- (2022-07-24) zafar iqbal: This extension is awesome specially for the students doing work on their dissertation it gives you authentic references. thank you
- (2022-07-19) Stephen Daniels: This extension is amazing!! I was used to using slow websites that took forever to add all my citations. I just did 16 citations in 4 minutes and it's completely free. It's very easy to use and user friendly. I absolutely love this extension!!
- (2022-07-17) Matthew Bisset: super useful as a student. however it is not withouts its flaws.
- (2022-07-12) Alina Neamtu: A must have for content writers! Very user friendly and I never encountered the problems other users mentioned in their reviews. Maybe they've updated the extension in the meantime.
- (2022-07-12) Mc Agbanlog: Super helpful, very easy to use
- (2022-07-06) aliza adnan: very user friendly, make my work easier
- (2022-07-05) Kim: sehr sehr gut, viel einfacher als viele andere Citation Generators sehr empfehlungswert :)
- (2022-07-02) SalahXG: An amazing tool! the only free one with these functionalities you will find out there, THANKS!
- (2022-07-01) washington francis: Estupenda! me ha facilitado mucho el desarrollo de bibliografías para investigaciones, reseñas y proyectos.
- (2022-06-27) TJ D: Absolutely fantastic, definitely helped me reach my deadline earlier than I would have without this extension.
- (2022-06-27) Tomm Glass: This is a very good product allowing me to auto generate my references! I couldn't find the name of the author, boom this thing gave me the name!!!
- (2022-06-24) Maria Mireya Guadalupe Gonzalez Sayago: De verdad me ha ayudado de una manera genial. Gracias.
- (2022-06-22) Diego Faucheux: Totalmente bueno, totalmente.
- (2022-06-22) Portia Goldstien: AMAZING
- (2022-06-17) Nurul Bariah: very helpful
- (2022-06-16) Tatiana Barthelemy: Great Extension , The best in fact. Accurate and efficient. Thanks
- (2022-06-16) Deantes Quiroz Silvia Alejandra: Super bueno, te ayuda muchísimo!
- (2022-06-16) kelly pence: This is the best and easiest citation generator that I have ever used.
- (2022-06-13) Tina: Makes my life so much easier. We have open book references needed exams at my school, and before i used to manually cite sources, which anyone knows are extremely time consuming. I also love the feature that checks if its a credible sourcve or not. You cannot trust it blindly, but its a great indicator. Same with referencing, it doesnt always pick up article author and such, so its clever to double check, but mainly i leave it as it is
- (2022-06-11) Katherine Morocho: Excelente!!! Me ayuda demasiado en mis trabajos de la universidad
- (2022-06-05) nikky duhan: great extention for students i loved it
- (2022-06-03) Christopher Oliver: Rarely works. Unfortunately I consistently have students (college / research university) use this - or others - and nearly always have their citations cited incorrectly. Needs a lot of work.
- (2022-06-03) Dalia De Millo: Love this extension, it practically carried my Undergrad degree and saved me countless times and saves my time in writing paper. Keep it up!
- (2022-05-31) Fernanda Gomes da Silva: Vocês tem um hectare reservado no meu coração. Melhor extensão já criada para o subhumano intitulado estudante. 💘
- (2022-05-31) Rhoma Rowene Austria: it is good for the most part aside from sites with no proper referencing that always has facebook as its title.
- (2022-05-31) Ned Peglar: so awesome! pls work on making APA 7 a little better tho! other than that it's perfect!!
- (2022-05-30) Chang Chang: gracia, muy util
- (2022-05-26) Fardeen Massey: Omg the best thing ever happened to me!!!
- (2022-05-26) vitacho jimenez: Gracias es una aplicación muy facil de utilizar
- (2022-05-23) Cori Johnson: Super helpful. Small edits here and there but much faster than typing it all by hand.
- (2022-05-17) Fernando Cuéllar: Es excelente, solo fala que se copie con un formato estándar pero es genial.
- (2022-05-13) Juliet Omoregie: It very nice and easy
- (2022-05-12) Adely van Schalkwyk: Can I site images? I can't find the option to do that. please help
- (2022-05-10) Alaa AlRuwaie: best citation and referencing tool !! Very helpful and easy to use !!
- (2022-05-08) Lisa Schlögl: Just found out it has my Unis specific citation formatting as well, and I love it! Suddenly my life is made so much easier xD
- (2022-05-07) Grayson Quiett: I use it all the time. Works great with APA and MLA. It keeps all your citations in one place and makes it super easy to store new ones. My favorite Chrome extension for sure.
- (2022-05-03) Laurence Bray: This is the best decision I have made in my couple years at uni I am amazed this exists for free
- (2022-05-03) Sophie Chen: You just need to tap the extension and it scans for all websites! Great citing extension for both business and school essays.
- (2022-05-03) sara pathan: five stars its perfect so helpful and easy to use
- (2022-05-02) Jack Thomas: Ridiculously helpful for a Uni student- has saved me so much time. I love that you can upload bibtex files. It would be 5 stars if you could upload bitext text and cite that way rather than only through bibtex files.
- (2022-05-01) Bernardo Bustillos: es la mejor aplicacion para citas que conozco, me encanta y la recomiendo
- (2022-05-01) Mildred Puño: 👌
- (2022-04-30) the0 cMas: Great resource, thank you so much!!!!
- (2022-04-30) Alisson Massiel Herrera Eguizabal: Con esto eh puestos mas citas en mis proyectos, ahorra tiempo además de que hay varios estilos en APA :)
- (2021-09-13, v:1.1.22) Lachie West: GUI Not loading
Hey the GUI isnt loading or working anymore, i can send a screen shot of what i mean. But the interface has reduced itself to just text.
- (2021-08-07, v:1.1.22) Naama Cohen: Problem
"Save to project" btn doesn't work .. and, how do I change project?
- (2021-07-28, v:1.1.22) Carl Sheely: Mybib-free-citation-generate
It is not working, need help!
- (2021-06-19, v:1.1.22) F B: Erroneous spaces between words and colons
Every time I generate a new entry, at least in Chicago format, there are extra spaces automatically generated between words and colons, so I have to manually go through my document and remove them. Please fix this. Here is an example below - note the extra space before the colon, after the word "Journey". There should be no space there. G.I. Gurdjieff, The Inner Journey : Views from the Gurdjieff Work, ed. Jacob Needleman (Sandpoint, Id: Morning Light Press, 2008).
- (2021-05-19, v:1.1.22) Kentaro Barhydt: Custom Citation Formats
PLEASE make an option for users to create custom citation formats that we can easily copy-paste from the browser extension directly. I, like many other researchers, have my own Google Docs document where I list and take notes on many papers I read, and I use a custom heading format for each section of the document corresponding to that paper's notes (Title, Pub. year, Abbr. publication name, All authors first initial last name). It would be extremely helpful if we could create our own custom format to generate a citation in for the paper's webpage we're on, and easily copy-paste it into a Google Doc (or any other text document editor) in another tab. If this is added, I would make this my main citation generator extension.
- (2021-04-02, v:1.1.22) Thom Thompson: Can;t get started
1. I have poor vision. Can't see where to start. 2. Help forums assume that the folks writing to them can write clearly. They usually can't. And anyway with my eyesight I don't want to read them. 3. You may, should yoou choose to do so, e-mail me at [email protected]
- (2021-03-27, v:1.1.22) Saud Jalilani: Mybib extensioin gets corrupt
I have started using Mybib just now it seems good but google chrome extension gets corrupted after citing once. i have to repair it again and again which wastes my precious time. please let me know the solution.
- (2021-03-08, v:1.1.22) Jessica SchoolAcc: Organising
Could you add an option to sort bibliography by type, then alphabetically.
- (2021-03-01, v:1.1.22) Vaibhav Chawla: Could you please add the University of Essex Format to your Tool.
Hello Dev, Ma I request you to please add the university of Essex scheme to this tool. This tool is a life changer... I could share you the details of the University of Essex formatting. vaibhavchawla(a)gmail (dot) com
- (2021-01-19, v:1.1.22) Genevieve Orozco: My bib is no working
I can not connect to mybib. When will this be fixed I am teaching my middle schoolers how to create citations and need access.
- (2020-12-01, v:1.1.22) Sia Sung: http error 503
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
- (2020-12-01, v:1.1.22) Shailynn Mcpherson: Citations ot working
MyBib is not working onmy laptop nor my mothers. Service is unavailable
- (2020-12-01, v:1.1.22) Hafsa Ammar: Error
Error showing. Will all of my citations get erased?
- (2020-12-01, v:1.1.22) April Quinton: Unable to connect
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
- (2020-12-01, v:1.1.22) vi: Service Unavailable
Can't cite and can't open my citation list. Has error message that says service unavailable
- (2020-11-13, v:1.1.22) anjili: Style
Hi I'm new to the extension, and I don't understand the differences between the styles, and if they effect the citation? Thank you!
- (2020-09-01, v:1.1.20) dan: Error
Says We're sorry, but MyBib is currently experiencing issues. We're working hard to fix this, and none of your citations will be lost.
- (2020-08-19, v:1.1.19) Dennis Lay: Unable to download
Hi, when i try to download the extension, an error occurs and says that there is no file to download
- (2020-08-08, v:1.1.18) om knowledge: om
what is your name what is your father name what is your mother name
- (2020-08-08, v:1.1.18) om knowledge: om
what is your name what is your father name what is your mother name
- (2020-06-21, v:1.1.16) Paula Vestin: Cannot Change the Style
The style is stuck in Harvard, I cannot change to APA 7
- (2020-06-20, v:1.1.15) Jabez K: Extension not allow to choose APA style
Thank you for an amazing extension and service. I just started to use it but I can not change the style on the chrome extension. It is harvard style and I can see the search box. I typed 'APA' on the box but does not appear anything.
- (2020-02-29, v:1.1.13) Feedback - Slow Speed
I find it a bit slow, also when I change the style and select a new one, often it takes an extreme amount of time to change it.
- (2020-01-19, v:1.1.13) martha babatunde: Deleting account
i need to delete an account that is conflicting with my current account, how can i go about it?
- (2019-12-09, v:1.1.13) Nikkia Thompson: Need to reinstall every time we use computers
Our class installed mybib to their classroom computers. They are having to reinstall each day; they did sync information, but many of them still have to reinstall the program.
- (2019-09-23, v:1.1.11) David Kan: HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
I'm trying to use mybib but I keep getting the "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable." error code.
- (2019-09-23, v:1.1.11) John Zingale: My Bib not Working
My students and I are trying to use your service, but the extension is working, and we keep getting a Service Unavailable error. Is My Bib still a working service, or is this a tech issue on our end?
- (2019-01-29, v:1.1.9) Jonas Olsen: Language
Is there an option to change the language?
- (2019-01-20, v:1.1.9) Carol DeLis: Which of the hundreds of styles do this:
[regarding an article on the internet] I do research papers on current events and need the date of when the ARTICLE was published. Totally CONFUSING to have a date of 2000 (when the website first appeared) when the citation is to a CURRENT EVENT.and was published Jan 5, 2019! Most styles I have tested leave out the 2019 date entirely. Which makes that style useless for me. Do you have a page of examples of each style so I don't have to test each one of the hundreds and try to remember which ones I have already tested when scrolling down the list? This is what I need: Title of article Date of the ARTICLE (and NOT the date the site was first on the internet) The URL of the article (which includes the website which does NOT have to be separate) Does NOT have "retrieved" date Does NOT have all those space-taking extra words of "accessed" and "retrieved from" and so on. To keep it simple and uncluttered. Title either in quotes or italicized, whichever. "Title", www.example.com/articletitle/otheridstuffofwebsite, dateofarticle. (date retrieved can be optional as long as there is no date of website (2000) and that there IS the URL and there IS the actual date of the article itself).
- (2019-01-18, v:1.1.9) William Hart: Authours
even on documents that I can easily find the authour's names on. Your extension never can find an authour, it happens on every single page I try to cite.
- (2018-11-29, v:1.1.8) Error in Formatting Reference
Good moring! I have all of my classes using MyBib and they love it. However, today, all of my students are getting the message 'Error in Formatting Reference" on new citations and previously entered citations. Is this a known issue or is there something I can do on my end to help with this? Thanks so much, Kelli Fitch