Apogee creates MLA/APA-formatted customizeable citations in one click, so you can focus on your research, not your cites.
Apogee2 creates MLA/APA-formatted customizeable citations in one click, so you can focus on your research, not your cites. ** IMPORTANT ** I checked the license file inside Apogee Extension and it is GNU GPL. So, I am free to modify and repost it as long as I make known that this is not the original and give due credit to the original author (based on manifest file, Linus Lee). I merely fixed the issue in 1.6 and 1.7 to make it work again and released as 1.8. I take no credit for any of Linus Lee's work. ***** Apogee2 is same as Apogee with no modification in the code expect fixed the permission issue that caused versions 1.6 and 1.7 to fail. The original Apogee is in the following link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/apogee-citation-creator/biijohdchaffibidhjpipilbdidnpmkm [Below is the exact same text pasted from the original extension page. I take no credit for any of Linus Lee's work] What does Apogee do? Read our reviews :) "This app is amazing, it cuts the time I have to spend on citations down to almost nothing!" "Really fast and efficient." "This is a simple yet wonderful tool that definitely works for me." "Much quicker and easier workflow than any other citation chrome extension." "Love this extension! Web citations are no longer a hassle." * * * Have a webpage to cite in your paper or research? Don't go to EasyBib or open another tab. Just click, copy, and paste. No need to waste your time fumbling around. As a writer or a student, you shouldn't have to spend your valuable time poring over citations to gather the right information. Apogee picks out the right data from a webpage so you can jump right into worrying about your writing, and your words only. * * * With just a click, Apogee generates perfectly formatted MLA- or APA-style citations you can just copy and paste into your research paper, essay, or thesis. More reliable, works with far more websites, and much faster to use than popular choices like EasyBib and Cite Maker, we're always working to Improve its range of compatibility and ability to get citations faster, more accurately. [doesn't work with PDF's due to Chrome's restrictions] So give it a try! It's free, quick to try, and you'll probably be thankful you have it later on. But of course, nothing's ever completely perfect. So if you've got an important paper coming up, make sure to double check the citations and see that they are indeed in the correct format! * * * Update 1.9 - Removed Google Analytics. Update 1.8 - Fixed permission issue that caused version 1.6 and 1.7 to fail.
- (2019-12-09) Zyhme: just bad
- (2019-11-13) Jonas Hauser: Really good. I use it to creat bibtex citations. Does what it should.
- (2019-09-11) Kevin Miller: Works well!
- (2019-06-04) Kevin Pineapple: good
- (2019-04-19) JP the Minecraft Expert: This was quite helpful for me. I am a student and my teacher recommended it. I guess they were right.
- (2019-03-01) Maickol Fernandez: Muy útil e intuitiva!
- (2018-12-06) SOLVEALLPROBLEMS: much better extensions out there
- (2018-11-30) Sean Ly: I don't know how much time I would have needed to make a bibliography w/o this.
- (2018-11-29) ben leale: AWESOME Thank you so much, saved me during so many classes
- (2018-11-25) Roger A. Kiel: My first experience using this extension was supreme. The speed, accuracy, price and convenience provided by this extension is noteworthy and highly valuable to scholars. Thank you! Roger Kiel
- (2018-10-18) Ann Marie Carrier: This extension is providing me with the information I need to write my citation except its APA formatting is all wrong even though I reset it daily in the extension settings. Name and date format especially. Double check the work before submitting assignments or use another extension.
- (2018-09-24) Andrew De La Rosa: As an active student, the extension worked exactly the way I had expected it to. One click of a button and citation is ready in drop-down menu. No external link, no paid service, no hassle! I highly recommend.
- (2018-08-30) Pratha Cr: Works perfectly
- (2019-11-13, v:1.9) redhead kelly: Last Modified Date
Where does Apogee get the 'last modified date' that it uses in the citation? It doesn't seem to be using http-equiv="last-modified". Is there some way I can set it when I'm writing HTML pages so that Apogee will see it?
- (2019-06-12, v:1.9) Linus Lee: Hi from Linus Lee :)
Hey! I found this randomly while searching for a record of the old extension. The old version was acquired and then subsequently neglected, so I'm glad you picked it up and are sharing it here -- kudos. Let me know if I can help with anything here. Just wanted to say hi, and share that you have my endorsement/permission for putting up Apogee on the store again. It was helping a lot of people and shut down so it's good to see it back. Also of note: I also license all my open source work under public domain/CC Zero or MIT these days. So no worries on the GPL license situation. I won't come after you, for the license/IP. Best, Linus linus.zone/now | [email protected]
- (2019-03-19, v:1.9) Idk
it says it is blocked
What data do you collect when a user adds Apogee2 as an extension? We are planning to offer this as an extension at our school, but need to know more information here.
- (2018-08-27, v:1.8) Okibdoki: Stops working after a while.
After a couple minutes it says "working on it" indefinitely, and doesn't make any more citations.