Adds work-in-progress limits to Trello lists supporting a Kanban workflow.
Install Install Kanban WIP for Trello via the Chrome Web Store. Instructions A work-in-progress limit can be added to a Trello list by adding the limit to the list title in braces. If you name your list "QA ", this sets a work-in-progress limit of 5 items to the QA list. When the number of cards in the QA list exceeds 5, the list will be highlighted in red. Updates v1.0.3 Bug fixes v1.0.0 Updates for performance and reliability Issues, feature requests, bug fixes? This project is on Github at https://github.com/NateHark/TrelloWIPLimits
- (2019-10-16) Chris Whitehead: Simple and does exactly what it says it will do. I'd like to be able to choose different colours, this would help with my colourblind colleague for example, 5 stars once we can do that.
- (2019-10-15) Mass Kent: Love it. I had trouble initially since I hadn't refreshed the Trello board after installing the Plugin. Now it works like a charm. Thank you so much Nate for this wonderful feature.
- (2019-10-06) Andrew Barker: Blooming marvellous. Works like a dream! (Note to other non-technical persons like myself: 1) it MUST go on the end of the name (which can include emojis). 2) If your trello board was open at time of installation, hit refresh!
- (2019-07-03) It's great and useful. I really appreciate this extension.
- (2019-06-10) Dani Barkelew: Stopped working just recently. Hoping it gets fixed.
- (2018-10-03) Skip Foster: I love it. Exactly what I needed. Works as advertised. Thanks.
- (2018-08-20) Thiago Malatesta Teixeira: Very easy and very helpful
- (2018-06-22) David Messem: Simple and works well. The default colours aren't that great, so the ability to add custom colours would be great
- (2018-04-15) king Vandit: 단순하지만 아주 강력함.
- (2017-07-12) Simple and quite helpful!
- (2017-02-09) Fran Garmo: Is it possible to hide the number of the card limits from the title? It is a good extension and that would be a useful feature.
- (2016-03-17) Thomas Michl: Nach einigen Startschwierigkeiten funktioniert die Erweiterung Top. Tipp: sollte es Problem gegen - einfach Cache löschen, Browser neustarten und wunderbar.
- (2015-12-03) Steve Purkis: Simple & effective! :)
- (2015-02-26) Sergio Villaseca: Doesn't work when title size exceeds list width
- (2014-11-06) Andrew Sanin: simple but very handy!
- (2014-09-17) Daniel Antunes: Nice feature!
- (2014-08-08) PJ PJ: Bravo! This combined with Trello Card Dependencies is a powerhouse!
- (2014-03-17) Clay Anderson: So simple and works as advertised. Just put [X] at the end of the list name (where X is the maximum number of cards for that state) and it just works. Would love to see it weighted based on each cards value. So, for example: List "Developing " with cards "Login page " and "New logo " would put you at the limit for the Developing list.
- (2014-02-16) Michael Rifkind: Works great!
- (2014-02-12) Jason Ables: Great plugin. Simple to use. Works as expected. I'm using Chrome Version 32.0.1700.77 on Mac OSX 10.9.1.
- (2014-01-06) Marina Garrison: Works perfectly. Add the WIP limit  at the end of your column/list name. Watch the list change to yellow when you = the WIP and change to red when you exceed it. Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63
- (2013-06-22) Chris Pointon: Great idea, but I also see no WIP limits in my Trello window. Chrome 27, Mac OSX 10.7.5.
- (2013-04-18) Raúl Hussein: Necesitaba exactamente algo así. Gracias!
- (2013-03-10) Tom Roseveare: I love this as a concept, I just can't get it to work.. (Mac OSX 10.8.2 Chrome 25)
- (2012-09-09) Tone Fonseca: Works great. Adds an important feature that should be native to the app.
- (2019-10-22, v:1.0.3) Samuel Adebayo: Update need
This is not working as advertised.
- (2018-06-22, v:1.0.3) David Messem: custom colours
Allow a user to add custom colours through the extension menu
- (2018-03-10, v:1.0.3) Considering ignore tag
Hi, I have a suggestion, it would be great if this extension don't account cards which have a specific tag (like INACTIVE or PENDING , ...). a pending work mechanism I mean.
- (2017-10-31, v:1.0.3) Colin May: WIP limit spread across two lists
Hi, Is it possible to have the limit spread across two lists? We use a 'in progress' list in conjunction with 'in review' list, and the idea is we can't have more than 4 items across both lists. Is it possible to configure this? and if not, can it be implemented somehow?
- (2017-08-09, v:1.0.3) Aurélio Mendes: Como colorir as listas?
Adicionei a extensão, porém, não encontro a opção de colori-las. Desculpe-em, mas vocês pecaram bastante no direcionamento ao usuário, não encontro em lugar nenhuma s solução para isso, o produto final de vocês.
- (2017-07-28, v:1.0.0) Update columns when using keyboard shortcuts?
I've been using this addon for quite a while now, and noticed this only recently, so not sure if this bug is new. It looks like the column "status" (ie. background color) is not updated when I move tickets using "," / "." / "<" / ">" keyboard shortcuts? It's the same if I'm using the shortcuts with a ticket opened, or only from the board view (no ticket opened, just hover on a ticket and use the shortcuts). I know Trello has added new keyboard shortcuts recently (comma and dot), maybe this behaviour broke at that time?
- (2017-07-27, v:1.0.0) Victor A. Enriquez C.: como se usa esta herramienta
como se usa esta herramienta
- (2017-02-01, v:0.3.3) [email protected] [email protected]: Color card
How can I put a list or card with color.
- (2016-11-29, v:0.3.3) Brian Hodgman: Improved WIP Limit
It would be great if it could include a WIP limit based on the number of members being filtered, in addition to the list WIP limit. eg. List WIP limit = 10, WIP limit per member = 2 (5 members, 2 cards per member = 10 total WIP limit). If I filter to 1 member, colours for WIP limit are changed based on 2 cards. If I filter to 2 members, colours are changed based on WIP limit of 4, etc.
- (2016-11-18, v:0.3.3) Tommy Svensson: WIP filtered by me
Works great, however, would be nice it took into account the fact that I'm often sorting for cards that are only relevant to me. Like for labels.