Help manage the horizontal sprawl of trello lists on a single board.
Solves the problem of horizontal scroll with a lot of lists. If you find this useful, please consider a donation. I am a freelance developer that spends time on this in my spare time. Any donation will help me find more time to work on trello list filter. https://buymeacoff.ee/evilbuck • Do you have a lot of trello lists, but only need to work with a few of them at a time? Does it get tedious to drag cards across the screen and scrolling and scrolling? • Or do you want to hide the noise of lists that you're not using? Trello List Filter is made for this. You simply type part of the name in the list titles you want to see and the lists will filter as you type. It even supports a full regex for power users. You don't need to be a power user to take advantage of the regex. Some common use cases to remember: • multiple matches can be separated by the pipe character "|". "recipes|ingredients" will match "recipes" or "ingredients" • Negation; don't match lists with characters following the "!" inside the parens - "^((?!cook).)*$" will match anything that does not contain "cook" • Starts with "^". :Begin your filter with the "^" to only match list titles that begin with the characters following the carret - "^engineering:" will match all lists that begin with "engineering:". Useful for prefixing lists for taxonomy. Features • uses regex for filtering list by name • It saves the last seven searches for quicker autocomplete Changelog 1.2.2 - 2021 trello DOM changes. 1.2.1 • updated to account for trello's DOM changes 1.1.0 • google analytics tracking when a filter is applied to help inform future development . (only when, no content is sent about what is filtered) 1.0.1 • adjusted for changes in Trello html structure • more efficient way of checking for Trello header "readiness" for html injection 1.0.0 • A dropdown list of the last 5 filters used appears when selecting 0.1.1 • fixed issue where the filter wouldn't work with lists that changed titles since page load • changed filter query input font color to match trello lists font color 0.1.0 • added autocomplete with last seven searches • highlights search expression on focus to easily change the expression • some updates to modernize 5 year old js code. request a feature or make a pull request https://github.com/evilbuck/trello-list-filter
- (2021-10-15) Dephin Gokul: Much needed extension. Works flawless. I would recommend this highly to all project & team management activities. And, when Trello updated the UI and I approached the dev to get help in fixing it, he was so responsive and provided fix in short period of time. Cheers Buck !! Thank you very much.
- (2021-06-17) Damir Tugushev: Great idea, but filtering field is broken =(
- (2021-03-18) milli roach: This changed my life!!! Will be so beneficial for our team. Exactly what Trello needs. Thank you.
- (2020-08-21) Jose: Almost what I was looking for! In the dropdown, instead of the last filter terms used, I was expecting to see listed all the Trello lists in the current board. Anyway this is a great time saver. Muchas gracias!
- (2019-12-09) Dmytro Batyuk: doesn't work
- (2019-10-23) Bowie Fung-Wu: Works very well with my need to filter down the board to various project categories (categorized on the title of all my lists) that I have to work on from time to time. Very useful, easy to use, and exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!
- (2019-06-09) D G: I have the plugin activated, but it is not showing up a search box as in the screenshot. I guess it no longer works in 2019. :-(
- (2018-03-27) Ping Cheng: Every time I modified a list name, I need to refresh the page. Trello List Filter works on list names that page loaded. Is that possible to let the add-on detect the name change every time I modify the list name?
- (2017-08-17) Chris Hager: Works incredibly well for me, I use it daily. Would love to see the font match the rest of Trello, would love more instant "click and type" functionality and a quick list drop down of the last few filter terms I've used. Nitpicky little things.
- (2017-08-06) Adrien Winter: Pour moi ça fonctionne très bien. Merci pour cette extension !
- (2016-06-09) Univera Corporate: Doesn't work for me. Typed in a word that was clearly in a title, but all the cards disappeared.
- (2016-01-15) Artur Baranov: not working, but would be great otherwise no doubts
- (2021-10-01, v:1.2.1) Davide Vezzaro: Doesn't work after the new Trello UI update
Search bar doesn't appear after the UI update of Trello. Thank you for your support.
- (2020-07-13, v:1.2.1) Anik Mankar: Filter on Customer Fields
love to see this feature
- (2020-04-18, v:1.2.1) Liz Tomlin: Does it work with custom fields?
I would like to use the addon if it does this?
- (2019-08-19, v:1.2.1) Keith Adams: Negation only works with exact matches now
If I use the negation expression, it now only works when the list is an exact match eg if i use "[^BACKLOG] it will still match lists named "BACKLOG SUBJECT 1"
- (2019-06-07, v:1.2.0) Has stopped working suddenly for last 2 days
Hey, I have been a power user of this extension and it is not working for last 2 days or so. Checked with other people as well who have been using this and it has stopped for them as well. Could you please check this. It would be really helpful. Thanks a lot.
- (2019-01-25, v:0.1.1) Brad Kemper: Broken
Trello changed their layout a little, and it seems to have broken this. I no longer see the filter field on the trello board. Perhaps the HTML that you were inserting it into is no longer the same.
- (2018-03-07, v:0.0.9) Danie de Jager: Active dev
Is this project still maintained?
- (2018-01-22, v:0.0.9) Brent Henney: Hide w/ Trello Filter
It would be great if you could add the ability to hide a list automatically if there are no cards in a list when using the Trello filtering on Labels or Users.
- (2017-09-29, v:0.0.9) Chris Hager: Trello Desktop App?
Any plans to change this to a Trello PowerUp or port it to the new Trello desktop app? List filtering has become critical for me, I think this would do well as a simple power-up.
- (2017-08-17, v:0.0.9) Chris Hager: Love it! Have a couple of suggestions.
One, the ability to match the font to the rest of Trello (or keep it static but have it be a closer match rather than black). Second suggestion is to be able to click the filter field and start typing new text immediately without deleting the existing. So an automatic "select-all" so that you just click and type. A third option would be to have it remember the last 3-5 terms you typed for those of us that use the same filters over and over again. Thanks for putting this out there, I use it multiple times daily.