Shows you more lists in Trello by reducing the width of lists in Trello by up to 50%
Slim Lists reduces the width of each list on your board so that you can fit more onto your screen. Lists can be reduced to almost half of their original width allowing you to fit almost twice as many lists on your screen. The extension will only take effect when you have too many lists to fit on your screen. Because of how Trello works, the structure of the page is reloaded every time meaning the extension runs after every change. The extension now accommodates Trello's 'Add list' option. If you can't see this option, just scroll right to bring it up. Of course, you can double click anywhere on the board's background to create a new list at that position.
- (2019-12-13) Philippe BARRAUD: Très utile !
- (2019-04-11) Antônio Cleofas: não deu nem pra ver pra que serve isso.. tem tanta coisa desse tal de trello que vira confusão
- (2019-03-21) Simon Raistrick: Great but please add a simple on-off toggle, and width option, thanks.
- (2018-04-27) Sunny South Guys: Works without a problem and comes in very handy if you have just a little too many lists, but not too many.
- (2018-02-01) Peter Duff: Amazing. I was almost thinking I was going to have to find an alternative but this saved Trello for me
- (2017-12-05) Marek Šlahor: Excellent and very helpful, but it would be great if there was an option to set the minimum width of a list. I've been usiong few different computers and on some of them the lists are simply too narrow and the cards are quite hard to read without opening. What's more annoying is the fact, that I see only the 1st word from the name of the lists (if the list name has more than 10-12 characters). In my case it would really help to have an option to set the list min. width to 60-70% (instead of harcoded 50%) Anyway, THANKS A MILLION for this handy plugin, it is a great help!
- (2017-08-25) Александр Алфеев: работает при изменении размера окна, меняются размеры карточек
- (2017-08-15) Nir Melamoud: would be nice to have an option to turn it on or off by board
- (2017-06-01) ChuJung: не работает
- (2017-04-20) Agustin Pa: Almost great, I would like to turn it off for some board or add the max number of columns that I would like to see at once, I don't want them sooo slim when I have many columns.
- (2017-04-18) Антон Водяной: не работает
- (2016-11-21) Thomas Eriksson: Very good!
- (2016-08-22) Collin Burton: The way we use Trello, the names of the lists can be somewhat long. This extension doesn't allow the entire name to be show; it gets cut off. Otherwise I liked it, but I'm having to turn it off.
- (2016-06-08) Alessandro Perta: Nice feature! I would love to be able to turn it on and off on the fly, and specify by how much % I allow columns to be shrunk. If so, I would definitely rate 5 stars :)
- (2016-03-29) Brett Wyrick: Please give the option of an on/off toggle. Overall works smoothly.
- (2015-09-03) Daniel Murray: It's good but can be improved: 3 things: 1) conflicts with 'List Layouts for Trello' which is a real shame as they're both great extensions. Compatibility would be great! 2) When I had 7 lists, the 7th list was cut off the screen. About 80% of it was on the screen but I still had to scroll right to see members etc... When I added a TEST 8th list, all 8 re-sized and it fit nicely on the screen. I also had 7 lists and because it was cut off on the far right, I resized my browser window a tiny bit smaller and then the lists snapped into place and were not cut off anymore. So seems to be an issue with not automatically resizing to fit. Can show a video if needed. *May happen with other list amounts. 3) when I move a list the other lists change in size. It causes an issue when trying to move lists into different orders. They should remain their previous size until you drop the list you are carrying. Worth getting in the mean time. Fingers crossed for these improvements.
- (2015-08-09) Ron Perla: Gives a great 30,000 ft view! Really hits the spot! Thank you!
- (2015-07-24) Tim Wooten: I like it. If you only have a few lists, it does not do anything. But if you have more lists than will fit on your screen, then it makes each list narrower. It makes sense. Good job!
- (2015-07-04) James Mandala: Really helps me because I have several projects running at once.
- (2015-03-18) Sergio Villaseca: It's Ok and the idea is great, but column width cannot be configured and the slimmest one is just TOO slim. I have a board with 9 lists and with this extension it becomes pretty much unreadable.
- (2015-01-02) I. M.: Very useful though I have to mention the same issue Michael told about before. When the sidebar is opened it's covering the last cards which is disturbing.
- (2014-12-01) Troy Buss: Works great and really helps on the boards with more list columns!
- (2014-10-10) Lord Ayaam Dragonrock: perfect!
- (2014-09-24) jake london: Excellent. Just what I needed. Wish you'd develop the same thing for Firefox.
- (2014-07-07) Stefanie Gubbi: It used to work perfectly, until a few days ago. Maybe Trello did an update, or something is wrong on their side. But since a few days, my lists aren't slimmed anymore.
- (2014-07-03) doesn't seem to do anything...
- (2022-06-03, v:0.10) Stevan Duvnjak: doesn't work?
doesn't work anymore or I don't know how to activate it
- (2019-08-20, v:0.10) Flavien Lambert: suggestion of improvement
Hello, Your application is really handy thanks, can you add the possibilities to choose the percentage of reduction? Because in my case 50% is a little too small. I found how to change the value in the script.js but every time I start Chrome I am notified that an unofficial application is present and I am forced to uninstall it to remove this popup at each startup. Thanks for your job.
- (2018-12-14, v:0.10) Jeff Shamus at AllClients: How to activate?
I have installed the extension, but do not know how to activate it. I have the blue icon in my extension list, but no option to activate it. I have restarted Chrome already. Thanks.
- (2018-05-02, v:0.10) Yanet Fuentes: Not working
Cannot use the extension. I just installed the extension and refreshed chrome and re-opened trello but it will not work for me.
- (2018-03-08, v:0.10) Milkii Brewster: Option to not accommodate 'Add new list' column
I've removed this column using an adblocker as I was frustrated by always scrolling into it. Unfortunately Slim Lists expects the last column to be the 'Add new list' column and thus hides it. An option to disable this function would be very handy!
- (2018-01-30, v:0.10) Joel Edwards: Column title text wrapping not shown
Hi, We have quite a few columns so they end up being quite small. Unfortunately this means our column title text wraps to a second line, but that second line is not shown. Even a column title like "In Analysis (Done)" gets the "(Done" cut off. Can you make these additional lines of text shown please? Cheers Joel
- (2018-01-22, v:0.10) Brent Henney: Filtering
It would be great if you could hide a list when filtering on a user or label.
- (2018-01-04, v:0.10) Trello Slim
How do I activate this on trello? At the moment, I can see the icon on the Chrome dashboard but cannot see any options on Trello? Can you reply to [email protected] Many thanks, Helen
- (2017-10-08, v:0.10) Jedd Rashbrooke: Greyed out
Recent change has resulted in greyed-out icon, and a horizontal scrollbar that wasn't there previously. Curiously the 11 list columns I've got still fit on screen, so maybe it's a trello.com change. I've previously hidden the annoying 'Add list' list (using ublock origin) which got rid of that useless mostly empty column, but I can't see any artifacts now underneath the area to the right of my right-most actual list. Running Chrome Debian GNU/Linux.
- (2017-10-04, v:0.10) Mrs. Feese (mrsfeese203): Greyed out
I love this extension and have used it with other boards, but now it is greyed out, any hints to share with me to get this functional again? Please, oh please.
- (2017-08-30, v:0.10) Thomas Riordan: Grey
Ditto to these other users; greyed out, and non-functional