Use with Trello to hide empty lists and resize the width of visible lists.
**If you need to add a list, you can double click anywhere on a board.** This extension will add four buttons to all your boards. "Hide Empty Lists" will hide all empty lists from the board. When empty lists are hidden, "Show Empty Lists" will appear. "Show Empty Lists" will show all previously hidden lists. "Shrink Lists" will reduce the width of lists on the board automatically based on available screen space. When lists have been shrunk, the button changes to "Expand Lists". "Expand Lists" will revert lists to their original size. This extension will also remove the "Add a list..." button from your boards. If you need to add a list, you can double click anywhere on a board.
- (2018-05-16) Great extension, would be useful if there was a keyboard shortcut for it!
- (2017-04-23) Wolfgang Huf: Great extension! Works as advertised.
- (2017-03-09) Steven Zhang: Great extension, except one fatal flaw- the "create new list" link is hidden, regardless of whether the shrinking is actually toggled or not.
- (2016-08-22) Collin Burton: We typically have 60-100 lists per week, so this is a nice way to shrink them, and still be able to expand them as needed. The only problem I have with this extension is that list titles get truncated when the lists are shrunk, and we work with a lot of long list titles. So "2016-08-25 Client Subaru Model Pages  August Coop" turns into "2016-08-25 Client" There's no quick way to see what a task is unless you either click in the title, and use the arrow keys to scroll through it, or expand the lists and find it.
- (2016-08-05) Trenton Mcfarlane: This is a great extension and I've only had it for a second but unfortunately it did not accomplish my goal. I would like a feature to combine the features to "shrink empty lists". I still want the list to appear however I only want the empty lists to have limited space. The problem I'm trying to solve is empty lists will take up the space of a normal list. While I still want the empty list to appear so I can easily drag/drop items to it, I want the space reduced. I can however use this extension to make the list not display and use the trello move command on the task to move it to said list. I will try this for now. Thank you! Edit: Sorry just tried it and there is one major flaw. If you move something to an empty list that is not being displayed with the "move" function, the list will not appear until you refresh the board. Unfortunate behavior. Hope this can be improved. If knew how to work on chrome extensions I would be more than happy to help.
- (2015-08-24) Charles Herold: This is good except for one thing; with the extension installed, the "add list" link disappears from Trello boards. Fortunately you can also add lists by double clicking on any empty part of the current board, but I had to google that to find it out, so this extension needs to, at minimum, mention that in the description, and better, do something like putting an "add list" link next to their other links to make up for the missing link. Still, it's very handy.
- (2015-04-12) Patrick Gilmour: As my Trello boards grow 'm finding this really useful to hide empty lists when filtering is on. It helps focus and helps you feel less overwhelmed.
- (2015-01-12) Jake Apple: Perfect! I've been looking for something that will hide all of the lists I'm not working on. If I'm lucky and only have a few lists I'm working on at the time, all my lists will fit on one page. Which means no more horizontal scroll bar! I first filter my Trello board to only show cards assigned to me. Then I use Shrink Lists' hide Empty Lists and Shrink Lists features.