Turn your Trello board into a Kanban system with WiP limits, combining lists, card count and collapsible lists
This extension adds foldable lists and sections to Trello boards, together with per list WiP limits turning your Trello board into a Kanban system. Features ==================== - Combine lists and share WiP limit between lists. E.g. "development.in progress" and "development.done" ⇒ combines to one "development" list with two sub lists - Press ⨯ in the list top right corner to fold it. Press anywhere on the folded list to expand it again. - Turn cards into collapsable sections with a selected character repeated N times (defaults to double hashes, i.e. "##") - Add WiP limits to lists by adding it in brackets to the list title, e.g. "My List " - Remembers view state for boards (can be disabled) - Select how to visualize lists where WiP limit is exceeded - Open the extension popup to configure it FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED. ** CHANGELOG ** New in 0.9 ==================== - Support for combining multiple (more than two) lists(!!) - Better realtime more accurate adjustment of combined list height - Combined list feature on by default when installing - Fix when collapsing combined lists - Fixes related to adding and removing lists in conjunction with combined lists - Fix for "Compact Mode" button in wrong state after filtering - Fixed backgound color for super lists - Fix for having URL in title causing card not to count in WiP limit New in 0.8 ==================== - Improved board load process (hopefully ;-)) - Fixed bug causing combined lists in compact mode to redraw incorrectly (Issue #45) New in 0.7 ==================== MAJOR BUG FIXES!!! - Moving a collapsed section now shows cards below before Moving (Issue #42) - In version 0.6 a bug caused various items not to draw/update correctly - Board buttons no longer disappear after filtering cards (Issue #38) - Switching boards now draw sections correctly - even for biiiiiiig boards (Issue #44) PLEASE REPORT ISSUES WITH AS MUCH CONTEXT (AND PATIENCE) AS POSSIBLE New in 0.6 ==================== - Two bug fixes -- The first, caused by changes to Trello's DOM, caused "compact mode" and "refresh" buttons to disappear (Issue #37) -- The second was a timing issue causing section cards to not be drawn correctly as such when added (Issue #36) New in 0.5 ==================== - Bug fixes - Compact mode (set custom width from popup and enable using "Compact Mode" button - Added Refresh button (workaround for when board is not rendered correctly) New in 0.4 ==================== - Bug fixes - Formatting of blocked cards and comment cards - Added readme.md and website: https://nordmagnus.github.io/Trello-Folds/ New in 0.3 ==================== - Added ability to combine two adjacent lists by giving them same prefix ending with a dot. As an example "Develop.In Progress " and "Develop.Ready" will be combined visually and given a combined WiP limit of 4. DISABLED BY DEFAULT IN THIS RELEASE - ENABLE IT IN SETTINGS - Fixed issue with section viewstates not being restored New in 0.2 ==================== - Added option to always show card count (even for lists without a WiP limit) - Minor small fixes
- (2020-08-20) Brad Stevens: Perfect addition to Trello, helps focus on what's important.
- (2020-07-27) Rafał Dubel: Extension gives awesome functionality however it doesn't work too ofthen for me. It keeps showing just "##(...)" instead of foldable arrows. It would be awesome if you could fix it as it's extremely annoying drowback in extremely useful extension
- (2020-02-04) Jorge Díaz Bes: Excellent, just what I was looking for. Combine it with Swimlanes chrome extension + some reporting powerup and you have a fully functional kanban.
- (2019-11-11) HJ Torabi: I really Thank you
- (2019-08-19) Gilles Prevotal: Just installed and it rocks !
- (2019-07-22) Dave passudetti: I love the functionality... if/when it works. It's really buggy right now. In trying to create sections, creating a card with ## Section name creates a section but dragging cards onto it (to add them to that section) does nothing. If I move that card to the top of the list, it adds everything below to the section however, clicking the toggle button to collapse the list just opens the card. From there, if I refresh the page, the section now just shows up as a regular card with "## Section name" as the title. If I drag it up or don, it becomes a section again with the same previously mentioned issues. there is no X to collapse an entire list... maybe it conflicts with the Trellists extension? The lisyt goes on and on. It's too bad because this could really be great. Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Mac 10.13.6
- (2019-07-05) Pavel Shkaptsov: Compact mode is not working - there's no button at the top right to switch it on Chrome 75.0.3770.100
- (2019-06-02) Robbie Gorringe: I tried multiple times to get it to work, but I think it's still in development. no icon or anything to easily switch back & forth. double hashtag, etc. has no effect. much needed trello integration for sure tho.
- (2019-05-24) J.T. Ivanov: Ow wow! This is outrageous! This extension is like Trello v2.0 it's so good it just brought trello to the next level for me. Thank you!
- (2019-04-15) Unic TMP: keep up!
- (2019-04-14) Mika: Honestly...i agree with everyone. I never write reviews but this is amazing! Where can I donate? Thank you so much!
- (2019-02-23) Nadia Buza: This extension is AMAZING. It's made my boards SO much easier to work with. THANK YOU.
- (2019-02-05) Agustina Chaer: This extension is a life saver. Was using another extension called "Collapsible trello lists" or something like that and it was making my trello really slow. Granted it is already kinda slow because of the gazillion cards I have in it but this made using that trello board bearable.
- (2018-11-20) Eli Katz: Thank you making this extension. Saved me from list exhaustion. Great that I can see the collapsed lists so that they don't get forgotten, but also aren't in the way.
- (2018-08-04) Matthew Thompson: Clean and easy way to make Trello that much better.
- (2018-07-27) Saad Ghazipura: Hideaway lists, get WIP set up, and sections! Great job you have added value to my life! Requests: Hide the list completely/smaller, WIP limit option to prevent additional cards added ie forced.
- (2018-07-26) Soch Editor Mayank Maurya: Really good app to make the list short and have a global view to the board and whats happening
- (2021-01-29, v:0.9.6) Chris Cameron: Fails to load sometimes...
Love this extension, but sometimes if I reload my browser tab, the extension fails to load. I have to keep refreshing until it finally works. Any reason why this might happen? Any known workarounds?
- (2020-11-14, v:0.9.6) Andrés de la Peña: Folding longer lists doesn't work
1. When you have a list that is pretty long, talking about some 60+ entries. 2. Try to fold it by pressing the "x" button 3. The list will "disappear" (obviously not deleted, just not visible) 4. No collapsed list button will appear 5. Lists to the right of the collapsed list will not slide left and "compact" 6. You can't open the list, since it is not visible anymore 7. Refreshing the page shows the list again. When you re-try this, you can succeed about 50% of the time.
- (2020-07-14, v:0.9.6) Jeanne Painchaud: Show tag/label/color on folded list
It would be awesome if folded lists could show a tag, or have a color code, or show the first card's first label or something. When all lists are folded, it's hard to see the big picture.
- (2020-07-09, v:0.9.6) Jeanne Painchaud: Folds don't update on their own
Hi! So I noticed someone else had this issue, but the ## often don't update to become a fold, they just stay as ## symbols. More details: If a list is unfolded when I load my trello page, everything works fine. But as soon as I scroll right to see hidden lists, ## aren't loaded as folds. Same thing when a list was first loaded as folded: if I unfold it, ## aren't loaded. When I refresh the page, it loads the folds just fine, but as soon as show stuff that wasn't initially loaded when the page loaded, ## aren't folds. I can provide screenshots if that's not clear. In other words, the folds don't update as the frustum changes
- (2020-07-08, v:0.9.6) Jeanne Painchaud: Moving section with the cards inside it
Hi! Great extension, really useful. Would it be possible that when you move a section, all cards included in that fold move with it? That would be extremely useful for when dragging section from, let's say, the "to do" list to the "in progress" list. Basically, i'm using your tool to make epic tasks, kinda.
- (2020-04-29, v:0.9.6) Lenin Zapata: Error with another extension
I use it for my Trello, but I have noticed that it is not compatible with another plugin that is widely used and it is the "Pro for Trello, FREE Trello tweaks" when I install this extension and option activated "Show list stats" (https://i.imgur.com/huOBgcH.png) this style is damaged, could you please make your extension of any shape not break with the one here?
- (2020-03-16, v:0.9.6) Gilles Prevotal: Impossible ? to work with other members when Folding columns ?
I do not understand how to control ( if possible ) column folding across <> users. Reload of the board has no effect, can you give a rule of thumb ?
- (2020-03-09, v:0.9.6) Gilles Prevotal: Difficult to work with other members when Folding cards
It is not buggy but messy when working with card Folds ( ## ), with more than one member. You need to reload the board often to see properly and not to loose track, especially when working simultaneously.
- (2019-11-21, v:0.9.6) Sidney de Moraes: Feature Reqs
Great extension, man. Really. Since you asked for suggestions, I have two for you: 1. filters out divider cards containing two or more =,-,+ or _ characters. Currently they add to card count 2. ability to turn off list folding. Reason: the X sign to collapse folder conflicts with other extensions which add things in the same spot.
- (2019-10-22, v:0.9.6) Wolf Wynter: WiP Limits
Please explain how to set the WiP limit number(s) at the top of the cards. There is no clear instruction. Thank you
- (2019-09-05, v:0.8.0) Justin Lada: Enhancement Request
Hi - your product is fantastic but would love to combine more than 2 lists!!!! Are you planning to add this feature? thx
- (2019-08-29, v:0.8.0) Gilles Prevotal: Cards with an URL in the title does not count against the number of cards in a list. Nor they count against the WIP
It is in the title. Well, once you know it, you can workaround and live with it. But is it a know bug ?
- (2019-08-19, v:0.7.0) budi soewondo: Trello folds stops working
Hello Magnus, first of all trello folds is a great app. But the thing is it's just stop working this morning after the night before I'm doing pc tune up on my laptop. Could they be related? It's just so frustating to see in the morning that the neat organizations of my lists were gone. I tried to refresh the page so many times but the app just won't work. Can you help me with this problem? many thanks.
- (2019-07-11, v:0.5.3) Justin Nixon: Collapsible Sections Inside List
When changing the setting to use only one hash the dropdown arrows are rendered as expected, but the collapse functionality doesn't work. Using 2+ works fine, just a funny bug I ran into.
- (2019-06-06, v:0.5.3) Mika Lis: Can I support and pay?
Magnus - I really love and need the collapse feature. However, the collapse feature is really buggy . . many times it does not work. Would it be possible for you to fix that? I would even pay for only this feature!
- (2019-04-12, v:0.5.3) Jeannie Dixon: X to fold entire list isn't consistently available
Sometimes the X is in the top right corner and sometimes it's not. It doesn't seem to be associated with having a collapsible section within the list as someone else reported. I have tried multiple times to refresh, re-enable the extension, etc. The X just refuses to show up on certain lists, even on the same board as lists where it does. The lists with it missing aren't long or complicated, they only have a couple of cards each.
- (2019-03-29, v:0.4.0) Love the idea of collapsible sections, but it rarely works
I love the idea of sections within a list that can be folded up and I haven't seen any other extensions that offer it, but it rarely works. Most of the time, it just displays the symbols rather than the arrow and doesn't function. Sometimes one will work and the rest won't. I also find that often if I click on them and try to move or change them they just duplicate. I personally am not interested in any of the other features in this extension except for collapsing entire lists which works well. It would be fantastic if the folding functions worked consistently. Thanks.
- (2019-02-24, v:0.4.0) When I move a section, another copy is created