Turn your Trello board into a Kanban system with WiP limits, combining lists, card count and collapsible lists
This extension adds foldable lists and sections to Trello boards, together with per list WiP limits turning your Trello board into a Kanban system. Features ==================== - Combine lists and share WiP limit between lists. E.g. "development.in progress" and "development.done" ⇒ combines to one "development" list with two sub lists - Press ⨯ in the list top right corner to fold it. Press anywhere on the folded list to expand it again. - Turn cards into collapsable sections with a selected character repeated N times (defaults to double hashes, i.e. "##") - Add WiP limits to lists by adding it in brackets to the list title, e.g. "My List " - Remembers view state for boards (can be disabled) - Select how to visualize lists where WiP limit is exceeded - Open the extension popup to configure it FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED. ** CHANGELOG ** New in 0.10.3 ==================== - Changed load behavior to work with changes in Trello New in 0.10.2 ==================== - Fixed collapsed board rendering offset issue due to changes in Trello's DOM/styles. - Fixed bug with not remembering board collapsed state - Minor fixes for board button hovering New in 0.10.1 ==================== - Further tweaks with board initialization/loading to make it more reliable. Hopefully it worked :-/ - Changed the default "load timeout" to 100 ms. Try increasing this value if boards do not load properly. New in 0.10 ==================== - Removed dependency on jQuery - Improvements/tweaks to board initialization - New "load timeout" setting (defaults to 1500 ms). Try to increase this value if boards do not load properly. New in 0.9 ==================== - Support for combining multiple (more than two) lists(!!) - Better realtime more accurate adjustment of combined list height - Combined list feature on by default when installing - Fix when collapsing combined lists - Fixes related to adding and removing lists in conjunction with combined lists - Fix for "Compact Mode" button in wrong state after filtering - Fixed backgound color for super lists - Fix for having URL in title causing card not to count in WiP limit For the full changelog go to the project's GitHub page.
- (2022-06-27) 林仁偉: It was a good tool, but it doesn't work now.
- (2022-03-20) Mikko Ttt: Doesn't work
- (2021-08-05) Rachel Larrowe: I just installed this but so far I really like it. I was actually looking for a way to make two rows of lists, like the Swimlanes extension, but then my first row was so tall and uneven it was hard to see the second row. I tried using them together so that the separators could be collapsed to make the first row shorter, but I don't think they play well together. So my only request would be for a layout function that allows rows like Swimlanes, or for this to magically work with Swimlanes. But I love the card counts, collapsible lists and sections, and compact mode!
- (2021-06-24) Paul Parker: This extension really helps me, but I've noticed I'm suffering from buggy behavior more often lately, mostly that I can't close the right hand menu when it opens up. I'll be testing things to figure out if it's this extension. BTW, it might matter that I am running Brave, not Chrome, and I'm on a Mac.
- (2020-08-20) Brad Stevens: Perfect addition to Trello, helps focus on what's important.
- (2020-07-27) Rafał Dubel: Extension gives awesome functionality however it doesn't work too ofthen for me. It keeps showing just "##(...)" instead of foldable arrows. It would be awesome if you could fix it as it's extremely annoying drowback in extremely useful extension
- (2020-02-04) Jorge Díaz Bes: Excellent, just what I was looking for. Combine it with Swimlanes chrome extension + some reporting powerup and you have a fully functional kanban.
- (2019-11-11) HJ Torabi: I really Thank you
- (2019-08-19) Gilles Prevotal: Just installed and it rocks !
- (2019-07-22) Dave passudetti: I love the functionality... if/when it works. It's really buggy right now. In trying to create sections, creating a card with ## Section name creates a section but dragging cards onto it (to add them to that section) does nothing. If I move that card to the top of the list, it adds everything below to the section however, clicking the toggle button to collapse the list just opens the card. From there, if I refresh the page, the section now just shows up as a regular card with "## Section name" as the title. If I drag it up or don, it becomes a section again with the same previously mentioned issues. there is no X to collapse an entire list... maybe it conflicts with the Trellists extension? The lisyt goes on and on. It's too bad because this could really be great. Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Mac 10.13.6
- (2019-07-05) Pavel Shkaptsov: Compact mode is not working - there's no button at the top right to switch it on Chrome 75.0.3770.100
- (2019-06-02) Robbie Gorringe: I tried multiple times to get it to work, but I think it's still in development. no icon or anything to easily switch back & forth. double hashtag, etc. has no effect. much needed trello integration for sure tho.
- (2019-05-24) J.T. Ivanov: Ow wow! This is outrageous! This extension is like Trello v2.0 it's so good it just brought trello to the next level for me. Thank you!
- (2019-04-15) F K: keep up!
- (2019-04-14) Mitch: Honestly...i agree with everyone. I never write reviews but this is amazing! Where can I donate? Thank you so much!
- (2019-02-23) Nadia Buza: This extension is AMAZING. It's made my boards SO much easier to work with. THANK YOU.
- (2019-02-05) Agustina Chaer: This extension is a life saver. Was using another extension called "Collapsible trello lists" or something like that and it was making my trello really slow. Granted it is already kinda slow because of the gazillion cards I have in it but this made using that trello board bearable.
- (2018-11-20) Eli Katz: Thank you making this extension. Saved me from list exhaustion. Great that I can see the collapsed lists so that they don't get forgotten, but also aren't in the way.
- (2018-08-04) Matthew Thompson: Clean and easy way to make Trello that much better.
- (2018-07-27) Saad Ghazipura: Hideaway lists, get WIP set up, and sections! Great job you have added value to my life! Requests: Hide the list completely/smaller, WIP limit option to prevent additional cards added ie forced.
- (2018-07-26) Mayank Maurya: Really good app to make the list short and have a global view to the board and whats happening
- (2022-10-12, v:0.10.3) Mathias Ssenabulya: Auto-Fold lists?
Is there a way to automatically fold (turn a list title sideways) whenever it has no cards?
- (2022-09-19, v:0.10.3) M: BUG hack: Not loading
For everyone who has the same issue the plugin is not loading try this: 1. Open the board 2. Wait until it's fully loaded 3. scroll inside any list up and down 4. Plugin get's triggered
- (2022-07-09, v:0.10.2) Rob Hough: Folds not functioning
My folds have not been working for several months now. Been meaning to get in touch for some time but could really do with this tool working again. There used to be a redraw board button to refresh but now when I create either fold list with ##test## in card title it is in active, nothing happens. There seems to be no other functionality working either. I tried re installing the extension but with no luck. Using chrome Version 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (arm64) on Macbook pro Best Rob
- (2022-06-09, v:0.10.2) Vladimir Cherneatovich: The extension has stopped working with latest Trello updates
The extension has stopped working with latest Trello updates. Doesn't fold both lists and cards. Please update
- (2022-03-11, v:0.10.2) New York Times Direct: Horizontally collapsible list?
As I understand Trello Folds provides a vertically collapsible list. is it possible to have a horizontally collapsible list?
- (2022-01-18, v:0.10.1) Dennis Lin: Issue with Collapsing Lists
When I press X to collapse a list, the collapsed list does not move to the correct location. After removing and adding back Trello Folds, I see the same issue. https://paste.pics/FOU6C https://paste.pics/FOU6W I am using macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 and Chrome Version 95.0.4638.6
- (2021-12-23, v:0.10.0) Hot Pie: Not Compatible
Not Compatible > This application is not supported on this computer. Installation has been disabled. The following problems have been detected: Chrome of version at least 88 is required. I have no way to update Chrome now. Because My OS Mac does not allow Chrome updates
- (2021-12-22, v:0.10.0) José Avila de Azevedo: Nao esta funcionando
A extensão esta instalada corretamente porem as funcionalidades nao aparecem no trello
- (2021-01-29, v:0.9.6) Chris Cameron: Fails to load sometimes...
Love this extension, but sometimes if I reload my browser tab, the extension fails to load. I have to keep refreshing until it finally works. Any reason why this might happen? Any known workarounds?
- (2020-11-14, v:0.9.6) Andrés de la Peña: Folding longer lists doesn't work
1. When you have a list that is pretty long, talking about some 60+ entries. 2. Try to fold it by pressing the "x" button 3. The list will "disappear" (obviously not deleted, just not visible) 4. No collapsed list button will appear 5. Lists to the right of the collapsed list will not slide left and "compact" 6. You can't open the list, since it is not visible anymore 7. Refreshing the page shows the list again. When you re-try this, you can succeed about 50% of the time.
- (2020-07-14, v:0.9.6) Jeanne Painchaud: Show tag/label/color on folded list
It would be awesome if folded lists could show a tag, or have a color code, or show the first card's first label or something. When all lists are folded, it's hard to see the big picture.
- (2020-07-09, v:0.9.6) Jeanne Painchaud: Folds don't update on their own
Hi! So I noticed someone else had this issue, but the ## often don't update to become a fold, they just stay as ## symbols. More details: If a list is unfolded when I load my trello page, everything works fine. But as soon as I scroll right to see hidden lists, ## aren't loaded as folds. Same thing when a list was first loaded as folded: if I unfold it, ## aren't loaded. When I refresh the page, it loads the folds just fine, but as soon as show stuff that wasn't initially loaded when the page loaded, ## aren't folds. I can provide screenshots if that's not clear. In other words, the folds don't update as the frustum changes
- (2020-07-08, v:0.9.6) Jeanne Painchaud: Moving section with the cards inside it
Hi! Great extension, really useful. Would it be possible that when you move a section, all cards included in that fold move with it? That would be extremely useful for when dragging section from, let's say, the "to do" list to the "in progress" list. Basically, i'm using your tool to make epic tasks, kinda.
- (2020-04-29, v:0.9.6) Lenin Zapata: Error with another extension
I use it for my Trello, but I have noticed that it is not compatible with another plugin that is widely used and it is the "Pro for Trello, FREE Trello tweaks" when I install this extension and option activated "Show list stats" (https://i.imgur.com/huOBgcH.png) this style is damaged, could you please make your extension of any shape not break with the one here?
- (2020-03-16, v:0.9.6) Gilles Prevotal: Impossible ? to work with other members when Folding columns ?
I do not understand how to control ( if possible ) column folding across <> users. Reload of the board has no effect, can you give a rule of thumb ?
- (2020-03-09, v:0.9.6) Gilles Prevotal: Difficult to work with other members when Folding cards
It is not buggy but messy when working with card Folds ( ## ), with more than one member. You need to reload the board often to see properly and not to loose track, especially when working simultaneously.
- (2019-11-21, v:0.9.6) Sidney de Moraes: Feature Reqs
Great extension, man. Really. Since you asked for suggestions, I have two for you: 1. filters out divider cards containing two or more =,-,+ or _ characters. Currently they add to card count 2. ability to turn off list folding. Reason: the X sign to collapse folder conflicts with other extensions which add things in the same spot.
- (2019-10-22, v:0.9.6) Wolf Winter: WiP Limits
Please explain how to set the WiP limit number(s) at the top of the cards. There is no clear instruction. Thank you
- (2019-09-05, v:0.8.0) Justin Lada: Enhancement Request
Hi - your product is fantastic but would love to combine more than 2 lists!!!! Are you planning to add this feature? thx
- (2019-08-29, v:0.8.0) Gilles Prevotal: Cards with an URL in the title does not count against the number of cards in a list. Nor they count against the WIP
It is in the title. Well, once you know it, you can workaround and live with it. But is it a know bug ?
- (2019-08-19, v:0.7.0) budi soewondo: Trello folds stops working
Hello Magnus, first of all trello folds is a great app. But the thing is it's just stop working this morning after the night before I'm doing pc tune up on my laptop. Could they be related? It's just so frustating to see in the morning that the neat organizations of my lists were gone. I tried to refresh the page so many times but the app just won't work. Can you help me with this problem? many thanks.
- (2019-07-11, v:0.5.3) Justin Nixon: Collapsible Sections Inside List
When changing the setting to use only one hash the dropdown arrows are rendered as expected, but the collapse functionality doesn't work. Using 2+ works fine, just a funny bug I ran into.
- (2019-06-06, v:0.5.3) Mika Lis: Can I support and pay?
Magnus - I really love and need the collapse feature. However, the collapse feature is really buggy . . many times it does not work. Would it be possible for you to fix that? I would even pay for only this feature!
- (2019-04-12, v:0.5.3) Jeannie Dixon: X to fold entire list isn't consistently available
Sometimes the X is in the top right corner and sometimes it's not. It doesn't seem to be associated with having a collapsible section within the list as someone else reported. I have tried multiple times to refresh, re-enable the extension, etc. The X just refuses to show up on certain lists, even on the same board as lists where it does. The lists with it missing aren't long or complicated, they only have a couple of cards each.
- (2019-03-29, v:0.4.0) Love the idea of collapsible sections, but it rarely works
I love the idea of sections within a list that can be folded up and I haven't seen any other extensions that offer it, but it rarely works. Most of the time, it just displays the symbols rather than the arrow and doesn't function. Sometimes one will work and the rest won't. I also find that often if I click on them and try to move or change them they just duplicate. I personally am not interested in any of the other features in this extension except for collapsing entire lists which works well. It would be fantastic if the folding functions worked consistently. Thanks.
- (2019-02-24, v:0.4.0) When I move a section, another copy is created