Close all tabs and windows and clean up Chrome in one single click
This extension will add "Close & Clean" button to your browser's toolbar. When you click the button it will close all currently opened tabs and windows and (depending on your settings) will clean Chrome cache, history, cookies or other browsing data. You can set it to close everything, to keep the current tab open, to close or keep alive pinned tabs. There are some other settings too: you may set it to ask for confirmation when you click the Close & Clean button, or to open fresh new tab when the cleanup is finished (all settings are accessible from the "Options" page). By default it will clear only the cache. To clean other types of browsing data -- go to the "Options" page and manually select what to be cleaned on close. You can set the extension to: * Empty the cache * Clear app cache * Remove cookies * Delete download history * Clear file systems * Delete saved (autofill) form data * Clear browsing history * Remove indexed data * Delete local storage data * Clear plugin data * Delete saved passwords * Clear webSQL data To access all the options: right-click on the Close & Clean icon and select "Options".
- (2020-08-29) Пётр Урусов: Большое спасибо!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2020-01-22) Ёрк Уорк: Отличное расширение для браузеров! И в Хром , и в Оперу ставлю уже лет 15!
- (2019-10-27) stinkletoes: Also closes tab on second monitor.Too bad.Firefox has similier ext that keeps tabs open on second monitor,which is way way better.I have to admit firefox has better extensions and is why I cannot use chrome exclusively.
- (2018-12-12) Алексей Шурыгин: Nice simple extension, but built-in icons looks gaudy. I recommend to use this icon → https://openclipart.org/detail/311612/close-icon-grey
- (2018-11-10) They Killed Kenny: Отличное расширение. При правильной настройке удовлетворяет полностью. В отличие от других "подобных и похожих" не докучает лишними оповещениями. Всё просто и понятно. Лично у меня везде "галочки", кроме паролей, cookies, закрытия Chrome и Clear local storage data
- (2018-09-07) 袁兴旺: useless
- (2018-06-22) Grégory LE MESTRE: Just need an auto-clean option when close the browser.
- (2018-06-13) Fung Srivong: I've just use function Close all tabs except pinned. It work as I expected.
- (2018-05-03) Adam: AMAZING EXTENSION! Really helps me save a lot of time!
- (2018-04-27) Lee Hodsdon: Had used the Click&Clean extension but it spams too often (opens a tab to advertise itself). It ran automatically when exiting Chrome. This extension does NOT run automatically on exit. The user must use the toolbar button to "close" Chrome (i.e., run the extension's cleanup routines followed but it unloading Chrome). Means I still have to look for a non-spammy Click&Clean alternative that *runs automatically* however Chrome is exited. Since I have to click this extension's toolbar (i.e., manual operation), I could just as well doing without it, exit Chrome, and then run CCleaner via shortcut (ccleaner.exe /auto) to perform the same manually instigated cleanup. Since Click&Clean can manage to run automatically on exit, so could this app. Maybe someday *automatic cleanup* will be an option in this app. It's now available now.
- (2018-03-26) Sean Ryan: This is a brilliant simple, useful extension - thanks! ***Enhancement Request*** I would find it very useful if there was an option "Open a new tab". I use pinned tabs. On completion of a period of browsing, I want to close all my tabs (except pinned) and have a new tab open ready for me to continue working - which currently I always do manually. This is to make sure that I don't inadvertently overwrite a pinned tab, especially when clicking on the bookmarks toolbar. Also, my custom new tab is always a good starting place for more browsing activity.
- (2018-02-23) Dawson Kraai: great extension works like a charm!
- (2018-02-21) Charles Polo: excelente aplicación para estar limpio el navegador y privacidad, éxitos por siempre.
- (2017-07-08) tino tino: good
- (2015-06-02) Johny Why: with ALL options unchecked, the extension still caused chrome to forget my session tabs. Not usable for me.
- (2014-07-14) This should be built into chrome. Now I can exit and clean out everything in one click.
- (2014-06-21) Excellent little extension, so useful. Great feedback from the developer when I contacted him. Worthy of 5 stars.
- (2019-05-11, v:22.214.171.124) Gerry G: Bo longer closes all
Until recently, this worked perfectly, I just had it close all and clear the cache. It no longer closes all, just the current tab window and won't close my default on open - bookmarks, at all
- (2017-09-21, v:126.96.36.199) Jonathan Frankfurt: Have to manually shut chrome
Used to work but now I have to go into task manager, find the largest chrome.exe, end process and they all then shut like dominoes. Any thoughts why it's not working?
- (2015-06-02, v:188.8.131.52) Johny Why: "continue where you left off"
i have chrome set to "continue where you left off". Which option must remain unchecked for that? i dont need cache for that, just tabs. thx!