This extension hides annoying downloads bar in the bottom of the screen.
Open-source, simple, lean and no ads. Options: - hide download bar only after downloads completion. Or not display the shelf at all. - set delay before the shelf is auto-closed. - display download notifications. - shows the progress of the loading in the icon panel.
- (2023-08-17) S. W.: Don't like it anymore after the download status was moved to upright. More difficult to open the downloaded files.
- (2023-08-03) архипов павел: теперь в хроме загруженные файлы открываются справа-сверху, как вернуть обратно?
- (2023-05-12) Jame N: it's great so far, 2nd heavy of 3
- (2023-05-11) J.Y 2023: using this because it's lighter
- (2023-04-08) Артем Ф.: То, что надо, чтоб избавиться от дурацкой панели внизу.
- (2023-04-06) spell whomstve (beszt95): Great extension, did exactly what I needed. It seems with Chrome/Chromium 112 though they've moved away from having a download bar, and now do it in a way similar to Firefox where it shows your downloads in a menu in the top right corner. In 112, now when this plugin is enabled it will completely lock up the browser. Just putting this out there for anyone looking to download this, or wondering why their browser keeps freezing when trying to download anything all of a sudden.
- (2023-03-14) Cλмλρский Скунс: Крашит браузер при заходе в загрузки и настройки расширения!
- (2023-03-04) Deneb Nai: Una de las cosas que más me alejaba de usar Chrome, es una lastima que desde su origen no venga por defecto.
- (2023-02-14) Omar Hammad: This extension would've been perfect if it didn't have a critical flaw: the download shelf reappears when you close and reopen Chrome and doesn't disappear.
- (2023-01-25) Alan Hughes: Real embarrassment for Google that this extension is still needed after all these years.
- (2022-12-06) Camilo: Es buena ya que hace lo que dice :D
- (2022-10-27) Carl Echevarria: very nice, chrome should adopt or pay the man for their skill
- (2022-08-26) 安忒藜1013: 找了好久设置发现原来改不了，只能来看看扩展，果然都很烦这个窗口哈哈，非常赞。
- (2022-08-23) Илья Дёмин: Наконец-то нормальное расширение, с процентами загрузки и без бара внизу экрана!
- (2022-07-14) Michael Nguyen: Does exactly as the name suggests. It automatically hides the download bar that appears when you're downloading something and allows you to edit the settings to suit your preferences if the default settings aren't enough for you.
- (2022-06-20) Yago Twe Dark: Perfeito, da até para acrescentar um som para notificar download completo, bem personalizável.
- (2022-06-14) Kris Van Lier: Excellent plugin. Preserves your precious browser real estate. Thanks a lot.
- (2022-03-24) Liberated Amon: This is the right one. Does the job it's named for, unlike the "Hide Download Bar" extension which does nothing.
- (2022-03-21) Freak Smith: 我终于找到这个扩展来去除chrome这个愚蠢的设计（建议学一下隔壁edge），非常喜欢这个扩展，它有通知功能，但是保存图片没有通知。
- (2022-03-19) Hui Bily: 太好了，以前每次都要手動消除，有了這個就方便多了
- (2022-03-08) hihihlo wan: in option : Select the type of indication on the toolbar to "Graphic", then via plugin icon, you can know download complete or block by chrome ! great job !!! other download plugins ALWAYS show download complete, even download blocking by chrome !
- (2022-03-07) Denis Denisov: Спасибо большое все четко работает))))))))))))))
- (2022-02-06) Wass Pogoreloff: Tested half a dozen of similar extensions -- this is the one. - Hides/shows download bar while downloading - On icon click shows either Downloads or opens Download folder - Shows download %, notification, sound when after download finishes Look no look no furthe -- highly recommended!
- (2022-02-05) kraiton1: Thank you for your hard work !
- (2021-11-23) João Paulo: era o que eu precisava
- (2021-08-31) fdsf fgd: Wish I had known about this extension before. This will save me so much frustration everytime I see the download bar. The only change that would make it better is that you could add include or exclude file extensions or do show when the file is bigger then.
- (2021-08-26) Aaron Volbeda: Annoying DL bar is problem no more! Completely Customizationable! Hard to believe it's free. Control how long the bar stays after download finishes or if it appears at all. Enable/disable notifications, sound, color. This thing is great. Get it before they start charging for it!
- (2021-06-24) Jeremy “Jsav” S: So much better than the clunky vanilla download bar. The progress icon is slick.
- (2021-06-22) Henry Wyckoff: How could I have lived without this extension for so long? And how could the Chrome team not allow users to disable the sacred download bar?
- (2021-06-02) Johan Romero: Nice tool
- (2021-03-20) Giovanni: works!
- (2021-03-18) Elisa Day: That download bar that pops up at the bottom of the screen whenever I'm download something has always been a pain. Today I finally discovered the means to get it to NOT APPEAR or appear only when something is actually downloading, rather than sticking around until I close it. That's this extension. I tried a couple of other extensions that claimed to do the same thing, but didn't. This is the winner folks - so easy to use and no more download bar :)
- (2021-02-27) Евгений Королев: Good!
- (2021-02-14) Newtomic: I like this one, and the sound option it a very welcome plus, could be even better if syncs options between computers.
- (2020-12-21) Spinmaster Ashray: This should have been standard on Chromium! Thanks.
- (2020-10-27) Allan Cairns: I was searching for an extension that mirrors the way Firefox handles downloads (the download bar is annoying) and this was just what I was looking for!
- (2020-10-20) Víðarr Kerr: Works great. Yet another excellent extension you cannot find in the chrome web store via a search. I had to find this searching with startpage.
- (2020-08-27) Duyta Tdt: exactly what I need
- (2020-08-17) Alex Ramírez: Funciona a la perfección, gracias.
- (2020-07-14) Vincenzo Basirico: Just Perfect! It solves the most annoying thing on Chrome. A MUST HAVE.
- (2020-06-30) Ale: So far it does what is says.
- (2020-03-26) Kirtikhacara Jayadhira: Simple as it is and informs the progression of download with tiny space on your toolbar. Excellent!
- (2020-03-25) The best one !
- (2020-02-22) Sam Corrs: In my opinion this is the best download option bar out there. It gives user control over the download bar. Chrome should have offer what this extension does. Thank you for making this and updating it!
- (2020-02-09) Rus Schmidt: Super-great addition to Chrome. I can make the download bar work how *I* want it to work. I give it a few seconds after the download ends so I can easily open the download if I want to. Thanks for a great extension!
- (2020-01-07) Leif Å.: It works perfectly.
- (2019-11-27) Eddie Osbourne: Gostei muito...Único problema é que a janela de configurações fica "tremendo"!!!
- (2019-10-26) AmFly RU: Thank you!!!
- (2019-10-10) Darren Shackleton: Does exactly what it says. previously frustrated with Chrome not making the bar disappear after each download. This extension now allows us to work smarter Not Harder. Many thanks.
- (2019-09-23) Cristofer: Graaaaaaciiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!!!!!!! como odio esa estupida barra de descargas
- (2023-01-21, v:2.12.2) Michael Johnson05: Extension Effects
I've used this for a month and very much like its features. Unfortunately, there is an issue with it that will either freeze the browser intermittently or cause the Windows file explorer to freeze intermittently. Installed on a new high end Windows 11 system with no issues in Chrome updated browser. Chrome intermittently froze causing browser to be closed and restarted. I disabled this extension, no more freezes for two weeks. I uninstalled then reinstalled this extension, Windows file explorer would occasionally freeze and need to be force terminated. After multiple times, I disabled this extension and the issue has not returned in two weeks. I like the extension options, but something with it is causing unintended issues. Sadly, this extension is now permanently done with me.
- (2022-12-17, v:2.12.2) Bob Smith: Crashes often.
Just freezes Chrome for roughly what seems like a minute, then the 'reload' extension prompt shows.
- (2022-06-14, v:2.10.0) Jcee James: Crashing chrome.
Chrome is crashing with this extension every time i download an image. After troubleshooting and re-installing the extension; chrome crashes every time it boots up. I have solved this by manually going to: C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions and deleting the extension. Hopefully it gets fixed; because this was actually a very useful extension for me.
- (2022-01-29, v:2.10.0) René Wilhelm: Critical Error
The critical error tone is too idiosyncratic. Any other kind of simple beep would do. (Sitting in the middle of the night with headphones on and suddenly a voice comes out of nowhere saying "critical error" without any indication of what it's about is just bad design). Do something about it.
- (2019-07-04, v:2.8.3) Brad C: Icons in popup menu
I just have to say that this is extension is super awesome! The one issue that I have is that I have the toolbar icon behavior set to Popup, and it works just fine, it's just that the file icons that show up to the left of the downloaded file names show up super huge and ar covering up part of the filenames making them hard to read.
- (2019-06-13, v:2.8.2) johann jensson: Click on icon open 4 "downloads" tabs!
When i click on the icon to the the downloads in progress, it should open it in a new tab, but it opens four identical tabs! I'll disable this feature for now.
- (2019-05-17, v:2.8.2) maw mora (Steve Harvey): Why does it need the permission "Read your browsing history"?
Other similar apps do not require that permission.
- (2019-04-06, v:2.8.0) Bobby Phoenix: Clicking toolbar icon opens 19 tabs
After the new version when I click on the icon in the toolbar it opens 19 tabs of the download page.
- (2019-04-06, v:2.8.0) Ramon Nunez: Multiple Download Tabs Opened
Hey, when downloading or clicking on the download icon to open the tab, several are opened. This started happening after installing the latest version. 2.8.0
- (2018-07-06, v:2.7.3) Live for Technology: Two issues
Awesome extension however two issues with latest version: 1. Toolbar main icon color needs to be user-configurable due to dark themes: Any dark theme renders your icon totally invisible unless hovered over and even then only get a faint of the outline. Examples of ext that allow icon color changes if it's helps: Tampermonkey 2. Notification dismissal really needs a timeout (more of a much-needed feature enh than bug) Wasn't sure if you wanted issues opened here or in the GH repo. TIA!
- (2018-03-16, v:2.3.0) Bobby Phoenix: Paypal?
Do you have PayPal for donations also? I've never used Blockchain.
- (2018-03-16, v:2.2.0) Bobby Phoenix: Toolbar indicator
Could you possibly add a graphic only indicator? The default graphic choice shows text also. I would like a graph only option.
- (2018-02-23, v:2.1.9) Version 2.1.9 Fixed
raingart, the new update fixed the issue. Thank you. It seems the settings are working again. Please do not give up on your project. The extension is very useful. Maybe some people have not discovered it yet or using inferior alternatives. Like the ones that permanently hide downloads bar. Your extension is much more advanced due to its settings.
- (2018-02-21, v:2.1.8) Settings have no effect
The extension used to work fine for a while. Either through update or something else, now the settings have no effect at all on the behavior of the extension. I set to show download bar when file is being downloaded. No effect.