This extension hides annoying downloads bar in the bottom of the screen.
You can configure it to hide download bar only after downloads completion. Also the Extension shows the progress of the loading in the icon panel. Open-source, simple, lean and no ads. I hope you enjoyed this extension. Please leave an honest rating you think this extension deserves, or donation. p.s. If you have the time and desire, go to the Github project page where you can improve the code slightly.
- (2021-06-24) Jeremy S: So much better than the clunky vanilla download bar. The progress icon is slick.
- (2021-06-22) Henry Wyckoff: How could I have lived without this extension for so long? And how could the Chrome team not allow users to disable the sacred download bar?
- (2021-06-02) Johan Romero: Nice tool
- (2021-03-20) Giovanni: works!
- (2021-03-18) Elisa Day: That download bar that pops up at the bottom of the screen whenever I'm download something has always been a pain. Today I finally discovered the means to get it to NOT APPEAR or appear only when something is actually downloading, rather than sticking around until I close it. That's this extension. I tried a couple of other extensions that claimed to do the same thing, but didn't. This is the winner folks - so easy to use and no more download bar :)
- (2021-02-27) Евгений Королев: Good!
- (2021-02-14) Newtomic: I like this one, and the sound option it a very welcome plus, could be even better if syncs options between computers.
- (2020-12-21) Spinmaster Ashray: This should have been standard on Chromium! Thanks.
- (2020-10-27) Allan Cairns: I was searching for an extension that mirrors the way Firefox handles downloads (the download bar is annoying) and this was just what I was looking for!
- (2020-10-20) Víðarr Kerr: Works great. Yet another excellent extension you cannot find in the chrome web store via a search. I had to find this searching with startpage.
- (2020-08-27) Duyta Tdt: exactly what I need
- (2020-08-17) Alex Ramírez: Funciona a la perfección, gracias.
- (2020-07-14) Vincenzo Basirico: Just Perfect! It solves the most annoying thing on Chrome. A MUST HAVE.
- (2020-06-30) Allen1351: So far it does what is says.
- (2020-03-26) Kirtikhacara Jayadhira: Simple as it is and informs the progression of download with tiny space on your toolbar. Excellent!
- (2020-03-25) The best one !
- (2020-02-22) Sam Corrs: In my opinion this is the best download option bar out there. It gives user control over the download bar. Chrome should have offer what this extension does. Thank you for making this and updating it!
- (2020-02-09) Rus Schmidt: Super-great addition to Chrome. I can make the download bar work how *I* want it to work. I give it a few seconds after the download ends so I can easily open the download if I want to. Thanks for a great extension!
- (2020-01-07) Leif Å.: It works perfectly.
- (2019-11-27) Eddie Osbourne: Gostei muito...Único problema é que a janela de configurações fica "tremendo"!!!
- (2019-10-26) ЯКартинка РФ: Thank you!!!
- (2019-10-10) Darren Shackleton: Does exactly what it says. previously frustrated with Chrome not making the bar disappear after each download. This extension now allows us to work smarter Not Harder. Many thanks.
- (2019-09-23) Cristofer: Graaaaaaciiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!!!!!!! como odio esa estupida barra de descargas
- (2019-09-19) Null Character: just excellent as i wanted.
- (2019-09-17) Hiroshi Shimizu: I love this extension so much! Works like a charm! Perfectly auto hide the download bar after the download is done (I set it like that). No ads, very lightweight. Great job, developer! I highly recommended to everyone who hates download bar.
- (2019-09-04) Bob Tick: これを求めていました そもそもダウンロードバーが表示されないのがベストだったが、即座に消えてくれるのでグッド
- (2019-08-19) David St: 5 stars if you can figure out what's going on with this extension for me. It works as it says concerning that stupid download bar at the bottom of the screen. Great. The weird thing it's doing is opening 3 download tabs when I click "open downloads page". Wasn't doing that before I installed this a few minutes ago, and this is the only extension like this I have. I'm using MacBook Pro.
- (2019-07-10) Dylan Brandau: Space saver and helps my browser not jank up when downloading things.
- (2019-06-13) johann jensson: Finally a "Disable download bar" that works. You, sir, are a genius! Thank you so much for saving me bashing my head into my monitor (i was so close! ... :)
- (2019-06-10) Niko Lehto: Thank you! The download bar is the most annoying thing in Chrome and this fixes it
- (2019-05-24) Thomas Cooper: Wow! I have struggled for several days trying to find a way to get rid of that very annoying download bar. This extension worked just as described. Simple, and very effective. Great feature - great programmer. Thanks, Tom
- (2019-03-20) Ecto Ruseff: nice to have it
- (2019-03-04) Aykut Aydın: works just fine
- (2019-01-28) Cees Timmerman: Only after installing this to get more usable pixels did i notice that the downloads bar even resizes web content, making it even worse than i thought. This extension adds a neat little downloads icon to your address bar that links to the downloads overview.
- (2019-01-19) Lukas Lund: Perfect, exactly what I have been looking for, hides the download bar and dosent delete the download history.
- (2018-12-21) Jake Hart: Does exactly what it claims to do! I'm grateful that this exists.
- (2018-09-20) Frank Hernandez: This extension does exactly what I wanted to happen. As soon as the download finishes, hide the download bar at the bottom of the Chrome window. When you first install the extension, you will be asked to configure some settings such as delay before hiding, hide even if download a file, etc. Definitely the best of all the extensions I tried for this type of annoyance.
- (2018-09-06) 哲陸: Tried a few extensions. This is the only one which is working. Thanks. Simple and working. Like it.
- (2018-08-20) Reginaldo: PERFEITO :)
- (2018-06-16) haikubox: I finally found the only and best extensions, that can hide download shelf, does not have fancy panels, just silently sitting on the toolbar and showing progress and notifications. Great thing! Update: developer is very responsive to the bug reports and improvement requests. I wish more people could appreciate this little charming piece of software!
- (2018-03-23) 呂奕: Just works well as you want for minimizing but showing the fantastic download progress
- (2018-03-16) Bobby Phoenix: Does exactly what I want it to do. Removed the fat bar that doesn't auto hide, and gives a toolbar icon to manage downloads. The only thing I wish was added/changed is the type of indicator on the toolbar to have the ability to only show the graph. Currently you can choose graphic, text, or off, but choosing graphic still shows text. I only need the graphic indicator. EDIT - Request completed. This dev is awesome!
- (2018-01-13) Công dân toàn cầu: Best!!! It does not delete download history like others
- (2017-05-22) Detlef Paschke: Seit v1.5 wird nun leider gar kein DownloadBar mehr angezeigt. Evtl. auch ein Bug denn in den Optionen kann man angeben, dass beim Download der Bar gezeigt wird. Geht aber nicht.
- (2017-04-13) Robert Laverty: Awesome work here mate! I like how simple your options interface is and I LOVE that you posted the project on github. Add me @roblav96 Cheers!
- (2019-07-04, v:2.8.3) Brad C: Icons in popup menu
I just have to say that this is extension is super awesome! The one issue that I have is that I have the toolbar icon behavior set to Popup, and it works just fine, it's just that the file icons that show up to the left of the downloaded file names show up super huge and ar covering up part of the filenames making them hard to read.
- (2019-06-13, v:2.8.2) johann jensson: Click on icon open 4 "downloads" tabs!
When i click on the icon to the the downloads in progress, it should open it in a new tab, but it opens four identical tabs! I'll disable this feature for now.
- (2019-05-17, v:2.8.2) maw mora: Why does it need the permission "Read your browsing history"?
Other similar apps do not require that permission.
- (2019-04-06, v:2.8.0) Bobby Phoenix: Clicking toolbar icon opens 19 tabs
After the new version when I click on the icon in the toolbar it opens 19 tabs of the download page.
- (2019-04-06, v:2.8.0) Ramon Nunez: Multiple Download Tabs Opened
Hey, when downloading or clicking on the download icon to open the tab, several are opened. This started happening after installing the latest version. 2.8.0
- (2018-07-06, v:2.7.3) Live for Technology: Two issues
Awesome extension however two issues with latest version: 1. Toolbar main icon color needs to be user-configurable due to dark themes: Any dark theme renders your icon totally invisible unless hovered over and even then only get a faint of the outline. Examples of ext that allow icon color changes if it's helps: Tampermonkey 2. Notification dismissal really needs a timeout (more of a much-needed feature enh than bug) Wasn't sure if you wanted issues opened here or in the GH repo. TIA!
- (2018-03-16, v:2.3.0) Bobby Phoenix: Paypal?
Do you have PayPal for donations also? I've never used Blockchain.
- (2018-03-16, v:2.2.0) Bobby Phoenix: Toolbar indicator
Could you possibly add a graphic only indicator? The default graphic choice shows text also. I would like a graph only option.
- (2018-02-23, v:2.1.9) Version 2.1.9 Fixed
raingart, the new update fixed the issue. Thank you. It seems the settings are working again. Please do not give up on your project. The extension is very useful. Maybe some people have not discovered it yet or using inferior alternatives. Like the ones that permanently hide downloads bar. Your extension is much more advanced due to its settings.
- (2018-02-21, v:2.1.8) Settings have no effect
The extension used to work fine for a while. Either through update or something else, now the settings have no effect at all on the behavior of the extension. I set to show download bar when file is being downloaded. No effect.