All downloads overwrite existing files instead of adding ' (1)', ' (2)', etc. Includes fix to remember folders.
- Very similar to the original "Downloads Overwrite Existing Files". This one includes a bug fix so it will remember your previous download folder, rather than default back to your default download folder. - Microsoft Edge Addon: https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/dfnblaebmpjlokbkadgeaghajajidojj - See source code here: https://github.com/zach-adams/downloads-overwrite-already-existing-files - I am not responsible for lost/overwritten data. This does not compare the contents of files or the file modification time before overwriting, it only compares filenames.
- (2020-11-20) Brooks Smith: It's just a little thing, but I'm overwriting files 20+ times a day in my work. This extension has probably saved me a collective couple hours of time!
- (2020-11-06) Roman Khvostikov: Beware! It overwrites silently! Should have an option of some kind of notification
- (2020-02-20) Felix Zeddicus: Jesus sees your acts of love In everything you do And as you carry out your work, The love of God shines through No matter if the task is small, You're there to help us out We thank you for your willingness In all the ways you've helped.
- (2020-02-18) Fatema Rangoonwala T: CRX verification failed to parse extension header. Chrome supports only CRX3 format. Could you help us to solve this issue?
- (2019-11-21) Pac: THANK YOU. I was going absolutely ^%$( insane with the default behavior. I'm newer to Chromium and I'm using the Edge Beta which is exactly that. Now if I could run full screen naivety along with the URL bar and tabs without seeing that stupid X slide down when I go up to the top of the screen I think I will do okay. Why does Google hate such simple conveniences? Why do both Firefox/Mozilla and Edge/Microsoft keep pushing to simply follow their lead and decide if Google didn't care then they shouldn't care
- (2019-04-23) Adrian Świetlik: Great tool! Works as described.
- (2019-03-28) Donald Wygal: This solves perhaps my biggest problem with Chrome. Thank you!
- (2019-01-02) M: Awesome, thanks for the fix in original extention(where it was forgetting last downloaded folder location)
- (2018-12-01) Jose Rubio: This is great! I love it, it will save me tons of time and clicks :-) Thanks!!!!!
- (2018-03-13) Simple and easy! Thank you!!!
- (2018-01-31) FRANCISCO RODRIGUEZ: YES! This solved a problem I had with Explorer, now with Chrome. 4 days working with IT and a simple google search brought me to Zach's add-in which is EXACTLY what I was looking for. My Excel Macro template can now work with Chrome exported reports same as it used to. Goodbye MS Explorer!
- (2017-09-26) Wayne McGee: Thank you!! Exactly what I was looking for and it works.
- (2020-07-11, v:0.0.3) Pramod Jaiswal: Overwiting files only if downloaded from a specfic site
Hello, Is it possible for you add a feature where I can allow this feature only if file is getting downloaded from a list of specific sites. ie. It should overwrite the file if the the download is from site whitelisted by me else it should continue with default chrome feature of naming the file as myfile(2).xxx myfile(3).xxx
- (2019-09-26, v:0.0.3) Michael Tawfik: i need same option but with skip if file found , can you do it ?
i need same option but with skip if file found , can you do it ?