View embedded TIFF files and AlternaTIFF objects directly in your browser.
TiffOne is a browser extension that lets you view TIFF images in your browser. It scans the page, looking for images that have a "tiff" or "tif" extension, and converts those images into HTML canvases, which can then be displayed by modern browsers. TiffOne supports the multi-page functionality of TIFF images, which can be accessed by the header menu right above the displayed image. The extension provides a full screen functionality, and a print option for easy viewing and saving of the images. The extension can be turned off when not needed from the popup menu of the browser icon. TiffOne currently supports all Chromium based browsers, but it has only been tested on Google Chrome and Chromium based Microsoft Edge. The extension is only handling TIFF files, and does not collect or analyze any other data. The purpose of this extension is solely to display TIFF files in the browser, to give a convenient way to view them. Full source code can be found at: https://github.com/Vogete/TiffOne Problems, issues, feature requests can be submitted to: https://github.com/Vogete/TiffOne/issues
- (2022-07-24) Steve Lockett (CaptainFathom): A much better experience than the other tif viewer I recently tested. Openinga .tif file from Chrome OS's File explorer won't initiate this extension so the only way to open a tif is where it's stored on Google Drive and that folder is then opened in a Chrome browser tab rather than the native File explorer. Again, for those looking for an Irfanview or GIMP-like experience, sadly this is only a file viewer, albeit the best I've found so far. For the Irfanview/GIMP experience on ChromeOS, I reckon that invoking Linux would seem to be the only alternative currently.
- (2021-10-06) Tim Beacham: This actually saved my bacon just now. Great AlternaTIFF replacement, no code changes needed for me. Thank you!
- (2020-11-25) Mojo Mojo: It works great with Multi Page File TIFS. If only it didn't download a copy of the TIF as well I would have given it 5 stars. I just wanted to view the TIF on the browser without it downloading a copy of it.
- (2023-03-24, v:0.3.1) Sara Rosensteel (Shiori): Console Errors
This is throwing console errors all over the place and it's driving me *crazy*. > Uncaught SyntaxError: Identifier 'TiffOne' has already been declared (at VM328 TiffOne.js:1:1) > Uncaught SyntaxError: Identifier 'tiffOnes' has already been declared (at VM329 main.js:1:1)
- (2020-11-25, v:0.3.1) Mojo Mojo: disable downloading of TIF file to downloads folder.
Is there a way to not have it download a copy of the TIF file to the Downloads folder. I just wanted to view the TIF on the browser.