Group your tabs into groups.
Add a kind of panorama like feature to chrome (but less pretty). This extention is design to people like me who always have a lot of tabs open at the same time. It allows the creation of groups (folders) to organise the repartition of your tabs. With this extention, create groups and add tabs to them just with drag and drop. Then choose the group of tab you want work with. You will not be disturb by the other tabs. You can switch to an other tab group anytime you want. Just close the group to close all the tabs inside it when you have finished to work with. Now the extention keeps your pinned tabs open. A git repository has been created. Fell free to fork or re-use it. Some part of the code are in french though (sorry). https://github.com/Conchylicultor/TabsFolder
- (2022-05-15) Evelyn Victoria: WOULD NOT RECONMEND BETTER YET STAY AWAY FROM THIS TYPE OF EXTENSION, it opened my tabs in seperate windows which kinda looked like malware but i had this type of thing happen to another extension i used which i would also advice to stay away from (workona), not only this extention did that it also removed my tabs and would not let me restore tabs. it also doesnt really organise the tabs.
- (2022-02-02) Julia G.: Скидывает иногда содержимое всех папок кроме текущей, подстава((( А идея удобная, еще бы синхронизацию и было бы идеально. При условии отсутствия сбрасывания папок, конечно.
- (2021-12-07) Bruno B: Bonne appli dans son ensemble et très pratique. Il y a des pertes de dossiers assez souvent c'est un bogue très très ennuyeux.
- (2021-09-17) Николай Козлов: Катастрофически теряет информацию
- (2021-07-31) JL B: Vraiment une extension des plus utiles , malheureusement plus mise à jour ( perte de dossier , bug ) vraiment dommage .
- (2021-06-03) Aaron Mao: 关闭工作区能够确认下，避免误删无法恢复
- (2021-03-06) Brandon Smith: I really love this tab manager, but it completely breaks when you use Chrome's native tab groups, and I found out the hard way. Re-opening grouped tabs after switching away, they all become junk pages with no history or anything; you lose them. So sad!
- (2020-12-10) JF HUBERT (Jeff): Simple but so efficient ! Merci Etienne !
- (2020-04-11) John Weiss: One of the best UNFINISHED extensions i've seen. It would be awesome if it worked!
- (2019-01-25) mmayla: Exactly what I needed for a long long time, thank you
- (2018-11-21) Erik Alcala Salero: The author claimed won't develop the extension any further, and it seems this one is abandoned...too bad because this had potential... You have to drag the tab from other group to the main group to open the tab instead of just clicking it
- (2018-07-17) Alieldin Ayman: Exactly what I needed!
- (2018-06-30) sirien neiris (sirien): Really not as smooth, beautiful and efficient as Tab Groups on Firefox, but it does do the job quite fine and so it allows you to maintain the workflow and workstyle you are used to. And since web-ext screwed Ff Tab Groups, this is the best you can get. Well, ok, this "A Google User" suggested fork: https://github.com/pjh5000/TabGroupsForChrome is a little better (real difference is small, though) I'd really appreciate to have the option to work with groups as with graphic tiles - that's the only thing it really needs to get to 5*, other stuff would be just details.
- (2018-05-24) Pierrot Ingold: Very good plugin, just sad that it doesn't show the name of the active group instead of the green icon, like the old and obsolete "Tabgroups" in firefox. (maybe it's not possible in the WebExtensions API ?)
- (2018-04-09) PB Mai: Even the multi-featured Toby can not compete with this extension's auto-updated tab list feature. This extension comes quite close to the concept of Firefox's wonderful decayed Tabs Folder add-on. Hope someone will continue to develop this extension.
- (2018-03-07) shi aquas: Quite close to Group Tabs of Firefox, but not as so good. - It doesn't have a overview thumbnails of the tabs. - The tab groups can not be collapsed to get space. - (bug) The tab group names are switched between groups. So funny to see this group has another group's name each time I open it.
- (2018-01-24) Kuba Krzempek: The best tab management tool I've seen so far. No need to create yet another account, it syncs along with chrome and I can easily group my tabs into sensible contexts.
- (2017-12-09) Joe Griffin: very useful and reliable tool. tried several others previously but this is best
- (2017-11-23) Arnold Choirsi: One of the better tabs groups WebExtensions I tried. Good job.
- (2017-11-18) Kyle Moyer: Switching groups reloads all tabs in the group. This is the antithesis of 'productivity' as anything you were doing on those tabs is clearly lost.
- (2017-10-30) Boris Rybalov: "Use this Group" button is located next to "Close this Group" button. So if you accidentally hit the close button say Goodbye to all of the tabs in the group. Too dangerous.
- (2017-05-24) Mardy Brown: The app would be great except for one major flaw - It randomly overwrites your tab groups! I've lost multiple tab groups now, and it completely kills the usability of this app when I can't depend on it to not randomly delete my tab groups. Once this issue is corrected, if it ever is, I'd gladly give this app four or five stars.
- (2017-02-03) J C: The only reason I used Firefox was for Group Tabs, as this is now coming to the end I decided to look for the same function on Chrome. This one is the closest I've found that provide the same functions. The usability could be a little better and with that I would give 5 stars, however, it does the job so will not complain.
- (2016-09-13) Jan Píša: Best Tab Group management I found!
- (2016-05-25) Rich Tizzy: App gets confused when groups are synced across devices. So an active group on one pc will magically appear on other pc (which is awesome), but it'll be active and yet contain the tabs which were already open on that pc, in effect you lose the tabs you were working on...
- (2016-04-19) Sam Jansen: this is the only app that has the idea of the extention I've been looking for for a LOOOONG time! but it realy doesn't work nice. what I'm looking for exacly is a tab, just like any tab, that contains many other tabs. the way that should work is that if you click it (or double click it what ever) it will fold open. doesn't realy matter how. but this extention júst doesn't do that :( but the 4 stars to atleast keep it up
- (2016-04-15) Rob R: Needed to add Firefox Tab Group functionsality to Chrome. This is the best I have found and the only one to do the same basic job. It is rather basic and less intuitive to use than the FF extension. Unlike FF tab groups it does however refresh all the sites in a group when switching.
- (2016-03-17) Rocky Tizz: Liked it mostly but it works poorly across synced machines, open tabs in a group on one pc will become the open tabs on a different pc overwriting the original content and groupname. Major irritating
- (2016-01-19) Nildur: Best Panorama-like extension that I've found so far. As a negative point I'd mention its tacky look and lack of some accessibility functionalities like a shortcut, tab previews and some more. In short, it would be great if its accessibility and looks were more like Firefox Panorama.
- (2016-01-08) Unni Acc: Du glaubst nicht wie lange ich nach genau DIESER Erweiterung gesucht habe!!! NEIN, ich will nicht alle Tabs in einem Tab zusammenfassen. NEIN, ich will nicht Ressourcen sparen. NEIN, ich will nicht gespeicherte Gruppen immer im neuen Fenster öffnen und dann tausend Fenster offen haben. ...und schon GAR NICHT möchte ich mich in irgendeiner Cloud anmelden um dann doch nicht diese Funktionalität zu bekommen. JA, ich will einfach von den Tabs zu einem Projekt zu den Tabs eines anderen Projektes switchen um nur die Tabs zu haben die ich im Moment brauche. Und genau das bietet diese Erweiterung. Vielen Dank! Top Top Top!
- (2015-09-13) Mon Rd: this is what i've been looking for!
- (2015-06-13) Jim Speir: A great add-on for Chrome, the closest I'll ever get to the group functionality in FF. Two requests I'd make though, more shortcuts. Key combos to open the tab group selection screen, create new tabs group, move a selected tab to another tab group. If you were to add that then you'd probably be as close as Chrome will let you get to FF's group view.
- (2015-06-05) I hape it gets more updates. This expansion needs more comfort functions. But it is realy handy!
- (2015-05-25) Manuel Sturla: Útil, mucho mejor que Tab Sugar, a pesar de tener unos peores gráficos. Sigan trabajando que esta muy bueno!
- (2018-06-28, v:1.1.0) Rich Tizzy: sync over multiple pc's broken
Verrrry frustrating.... This still mangles the active group tabs when using different PC's or laptops: E.g. exiting Chrome on one PC while in any group (say one named 'Main') you lose all it's tabs if you later open Chrome again on that PC but after using a different PC and exiting Chrome there while in a different groep, say 'Not Main'. The result is that the 'Main' group on the first PC now contains the tabs from the 'Not Main' group from the other PC. The original tabs from 'Main' have disappeared....
- (2018-05-24, v:1.1.0) Pierrot Ingold: backup
Salut Etienne, Est-ce possible de sauvegarder les groupes d'onglets créés, pour pouvoir les restaurer par exemple si on ferme accidentellement un groupe ? Cdlt, Pierrot (Keep up the good work !)
- (2018-02-19, v:1.1.0) Summer B: Closing/Saving
I would like to switch from Toby to this, BUT I'm worried about the "close this group" option stated in the description... Is there a "save this/all group(s)? Or a way to extract a list of titles/urls prior to closing? I'd assume saving throughout sessions is a common necessity & I do have that via onetab, but that doesn't allow for grouping
- (2017-05-16, v:1.1.0) Don't load all tabs
Is is possible to force chrome not to load all tabs after switch happened? If it could wait until tab becomes active it would be great!
- (2016-07-29, v:1.0.0) Camden Bassett: Automatic Tab Tracking
When you open or close a tab, it is not automatically removed/added on the TabsFolder page if the TabsFolder page is already open. You have to refresh the TabsFolder page for it to show correctly. This can result in misorganized tabs. If the TabsFolder page could be automatically updated while it's open, that would be a great benefit. Possibly just making it refresh itself when the page becomes active?
- (2015-09-07, v:1.0.0) tmarks777: Lots of Suggestions
1. Provide a variety of colors for headers and text 2. Right click on any entry with an option to delete entry with just the delete key 3. Anytime you highlight a tab entry in the group panel that is active, highlight at the same time the actual tab so you can see where it is. 4. Provide multiline tabs in rows...i.e, let the tabs wraparound to the next row so you can see them all. IF YOU PROVIDE THESE FEATURES THIS PROGRAM WILL BE GREAT
- (2015-09-07, v:1.0.0) tmarks777: backing up tabs
Where is the file in windows that holds all the tabs so I can just copy it for a quick recovery if neccessary....and where do I copy it to.....where is the file located that holds all the tabs thanks
- (2015-09-07, v:1.0.0) tmarks777: Great Program - When is next update
When is next update, very good program but still needs a lot of tweeking
- (2015-07-23, v:1.0.0) Moshe W: Add Right Click Option to Move Tab to specific Folder
Hi! It would be very helpful if you can add a Right Click OPtion that will allow to move the page to a Specific Folder
- (2015-07-04, v:1.0.0) Fede Dronkit: groups lost
Sometimes if i'm working with group A, then switch to group, B, close TabsFolder, and open TabsFoldr again, the group A has disappeared, replaced by a copy of group B, having lost all information and tabs of group A.
- (2015-05-24, v:1.0.0) Andro Tekman: Groups
Please make Groups move-able to rearrange.