Sync Tab Groups is an easy way to manage all your tabs. You group, organize, search and active them easily.
★ The project is no more maintained ★ Although I used it a lot, I feel less and less need for such an advanced way to manage my tabs. Aside from my full-time job, I have not much time left to put in this project. Even, if this project ends, I thank all of you that used the extension or helped me to make this extension so great. The project remains: - Available: you continue to use it - Open-source: you are free to fork it or reuse the code Alternatives: - Firefox: [Simple Tab Groups](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/simple-tab-groups/) - Actively maintained and with more features - But no more pinned tabs inside groups and the double window to manage the tabs - Chrome: nothing I am aware of If you are curious about the experience of developing an open-source extension, you will enjoy [the article about Sync Tab Groups](https://medium.com/@Morikko/the-story-of-sync-tab-groups-the-web-extension-for-managing-your-tabs-d40ebb1079ec). -------- Sync Tab Groups is an easy way to manage all your tabs. You organize them depending on a topic by group. Groups can be closed and reopened without caring about your session. Moreover, you can easily search, active, move, save and remove your groups and tabs. Check the website (https://morikko.github.io/synctabgroups/) for more information (video, explanations, guides...) ★ WHAT IS A GROUP ? A group has a name and contains many tabs related. It is either displayed in a window. Or closed, and waiting the next time you will use it. You can switch from one to another in your current window or in another window. ★ WHY YOUR BROWSING IS BETTER ? With your groups, you won't care about stopping a task and focusing on another one. With the possibility to search and activate tabs and groups, you won't lose time to retrieve them. ★ HOW TO USE THEM ? A popup is usable from anywhere in your browser. It shows your groups and let you do the actions with just few clicks. More than just activating tabs, you can move and close them. ★ Languages - English - French - German (thanks @bitkleberAST) - Russian (thanks @Александр) - Spanish (thanks @lucas-mancini) - Taiwanese Mandarin (thanks @rzfang) I would gladly accept other translations. Contact me if you are interesting of contributing in this extension. (Mail or Github ("https://github.com/Morikko/sync-tab-groups/issues)) You can start easily with the tool provided here: https://github.com/Morikko/sync-tab-groups#translation ★ Limitations (Important for not losing data) - Tabs in closed group are REALLY closed - Switching to a group, close all the current tabs in the window - Previous sessions (back button) are lost when closing a group - Temporary data like forms are lost when closing a group ★ Extension Permissions - Tabs: Access to your tabs proprieties for saving them among the groups - Storage: Save your groups on disk for not losing them when quitting - Notifications: Giving you feedback - Context Menu: Adding elements on right click on tabs and the extension icon - Sessions: Find which group is in a window even after restarting Firefox - Downloads: Save file with your groups for exporting and doing backup - tabHide: Hiding API (Firefox only) ★ Bugs If you find a bug, please open an issue (https://github.com/Morikko/sync-tab-groups/issues) or send me an email. ★ Thanks Thank you all of you for helping me improving and fixing the extension :)
- (2020-03-23) Rafael Fini: Unfortunately I lost many tabs because of it. Doesn't work as it should. sorry
- (2020-01-04) David Chang: This is very useful. It's my first time using this kind of tool. One small suggestion while I found another Tab Groups extension. It would be great to have a checkbox on search result for checking each or all search result to avoid too many drag and drop from unnammed group to named group while handling big amount of search result.
- (2019-11-30) Constantino M. Valmaseda: Best (I have tried most if not all, extensively), yet, it doesn't sync the sessions across computers (i.e. same chrome account used in two different computers) . Also keyboard shortcut to open it, doesn't work. Still. It is the best even if there's other one that does the actual sync. Yet, I was going to give it 4 stars as this features are really important, but I"m giving it 5 stars for now, and wait for some time in case Moritto reads this and has some time to add/fix it. Thanks a lot in advance @moritto!
- (2019-11-24) Matt Latta: Decent for a basic session manager, but it doesn't actually sync between browsers/computers! Very misleading name.
- (2019-11-08) Ben Hansen: I have used probably over a dozen other tab managers and this is by far the best one. With no exaggeration I can say that every other tab manager I've tried is a glorified bookmark list. With this tab manager I can quickly create new groups, move tabs between groups, rename them, do anything I need. It has a feature where any tab that you pin in Chrome always displays no matter which tab group you have open. This is a feature I didn't know I needed until I came across this extension. I can't recommend this enough, and I would honestly have paid money for this feature.
- (2019-08-24) tech cmval: Best for Chrome (I've tested most used ones). Keyboard shortcuts work well (as opposed as in other extensions). Just pressing Shift+PgDown to expand all the groups, results in the first group focused instead of the one selected, so you feel a little bit lost as the focus changes. Press down or up arrow to get again focused on the present group. But this shouldn't be needed. Still best compared to others.
- (2019-05-02) Kon THJ: Much luv
- (2019-02-06) Rich Werden: Had it for a few minutes - It closed a window's worth of tabs and lost one of the groups I had just added. Awesome and *exactly* want I want, but too buggy for the moment :-/
- (2019-01-03) Matheus Prevot: I can't move the pages into the groups with the right click anymore
- (2018-11-20) Alex Efros: This is only available extension for Chrome which works like old Firefox's Tab Groups! It'll became a must-have extension for me if author will continue supporting it and will fix bugs. Current version is not usable because of critical bugs (losing tabs in groups) - several related issues are already opened on github for months.
- (2018-10-30) Calvin Rimpel: Great Stuff. Especially the fact that it automatically backup your tabs is incredibly helpful. Only feature I'd love would be an automatic sync with google drive.
- (2018-09-12) Stéphane F.: Ne permet pas de mettre à jour simplement un groupe d'onglets sauvegardé, du coup n'ajoute pas grand chose à la fonction "Ajouter tous les onglets aux favoris" de Chrome.
- (2018-08-01) Difficult to manage. Buggy. Would close tabs and lose tabs in groups. Not the least bit intuitive.
- (2018-08-01) P K: To the developer, is there anyway that Tab History will be baked in as a feature at some point?
- (2018-07-26) Mark Wallis: Love the way it works. Let's me focus on what I want to focus on without the noise of tons of other tabs.
- (2018-04-21) Therese Villemure: I have Migrated to Chrome from Firefox and this is the best replacement addon for Firefox "Tab Groups" and I've tested over 15 other Chrome extensions to only find that "Sync Tab Groups" is the best. The extension is developed very actively and you can contribute or report bugs on Github. The most useful extension of all my ~70 extensions. Moreover it will be very easy with this extension to migrate my Firefox Group Tabs to Chrome You just have to install the addon on Firefox, save your groups, export them and take the file move it in Chrome and Tadam ! :-D Thanks for this great extension...
- (2018-03-31) H Kawaguchi: FFからの乗り換え調整中です。 FFのtab groupアドオンに一番似ているのでチョイスしました。 全く同じという訳にもいきませんが概ね似た感じ・・・ ただ、いくつか不満に思う点があります。 ブラウザ上でtab groupsウィンドウを開いた時に左下にあるGroup Visible(Invisible)は、そこには絶対要らない！間違って押したが故にグループが消えてエライ目に遭いました。 なんか、勿体ない・・・
- (2018-03-16) Artem Lebedev: It's great extension from Firefox. Thanks for it! But: 1. Automatic backup save files into root download folder (not into 'synctabs-groups'). 2. Backup files are not deleted from download folder, they accumulate in it. There are a lot of files if backup happen every 5 minutes. OS: Windows 7x64; browser: Vivaldi 1.14.1077.55 (32-bit)
- (2018-02-27) Muhammed Melih TOY: Finally :) https://github.com/Morikko/sync-tab-groups/issues/79
- (2018-02-26) Vincent Monet: I used to use Tab Manger to manage the extensions in chrome but it was quite a while that I was not convinced at all. I tried Sync Tab Group and it responds perfectly to what I seek: simple, effective, well developed. No bug after 3 days of intensive use. Thanks and all my support for the future!