Shows a counter of open tabs in the extensions bar. Also records the number of opened windows and all-time opened tabs.
Shows a counter of open tabs in the extensions bar. Also records the number of opened windows and all-time opened tabs. NEW in latest update: * show counter of tabs in the currently open window * shows counter of currently open windows * ability to change the icon background color Features * Shows counter of open tabs, open windows, all-time opened tabs, max concurrent opened tabs * Multiple Chrome windows supported * Tweet your stats & share on Facebook * Extension does not track your browsing history or any other personal data This is an open-source extension, no information is shared or sent to 3rd parties. Feel free to review the code here: https://github.com/fero8/chrome-tab-counter
- (2023-11-10) Harley _: The number is really difficult to see. Would've better if there's only the number, that means no folder icon, the whole widget will just be a a number!
- (2023-10-04) Misha Chirpy: It's functional and very easy to use. It doesn't pretend to be anything other than a tab counter, which I like a lot. The interface also isn't fancy or modern at all which makes it easy to read as well. I have used this extension for several years at this point and it's hard to live without it at this point. I personally use it because I like statistics and I'm a tab hoarder so I want to know how many hundreds of tabs I have open, but it can also be useful for people who want to limit the number of tabs they have open at any time.
- (2023-06-03) Samuele gg: Molto utile, semplice, preciso, affidabile per avere info rapide. Very useful, simple, precise, reliable to get quick info.
- (2023-04-01) esgalmir: probably the best extension of it's kind. counts total tabs and current window tabs separately. one of few counter extensions that doesn't slow down browser in any way. custom color background works in most browsers
- (2023-03-29) David K.: exactly what i need. trustable since open source
- (2023-01-07) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Only shows tab count from all windows, not possible to only show number of tabs from the current window in the extension icon.
- (2022-06-12) Victoria Meierhoff: This extension is rather helpful and has been my constant companion for over a year now. But with the latest Chrome update it's rather hard to read the badge number Before the update my background was red with white numbers but now it's red with black numbers I wish there were an option to change the number color as well as the badge color. Ideally there'd be an option to change the font size as well but even just being able to change the font color would do wonders for visibility
- (2022-04-26) Cupcake's Biggest Fan: Great, does what it's meant to – I originally given it two stars because though it worked, I thought it was the cause behind malware that was hijacking my browser, but it ended up being another PDF converter extension that I'd added to Chrome months ago! Apologies to anyone who may have seen that review! To anyone who may be struggling with a similar issue, I found out which extension was causing the problems by disabling each one and testing them out individually. I would also be suspicious of extension that aren't trusted by Enhanced Safe Browsing and have the permissions to change website content.
- (2022-03-09) lauren a: Works as intended and helps keep my tabs in check!
- (2021-07-28) Najla Nur Ariqah: Literally great, i always open tab more than 10-20 or more and acutally wanna know the count of the tabs so i can organize it since i am only have 4gb ram.. but just a suggestion, can it have option to show what count is it will show.. like; show tabs,show windows,show current windows tabs. on the badge on the extension. so i don't need to open it if i only wanted to know one of several thing in it, thank you.
- (2021-02-14) Newtomic: I miss some more advanced options, but I didn't find any better one for this effect so. Anyway thanks for this extension.
- (2021-01-01) The Techno Guy18: Came here from Krazy Ken
- (2020-12-11) Miguel Khoury: Thank you. Nice! But what is the difference between Open Tabs and Max Concurrent Tabs? Also, could you please modify the extension with an option to see the dropdown on mouse hover? Thx again. Good work!
- (2019-03-04) 雷雨: VERY GOOD, I LIKE IT, THANKS
- (2018-11-13) Rashedul Hoque Milon: Its very nice tool. It helps me very much. Unfortunately "Reset" button don't work. I hope developer fixt it as soon as possible.
- (2018-11-05) Александр Колин: неплохо
- (2018-01-05) Souvik Roy: Not good add tab on current window
- (2017-10-06) euros ST. (eurossocial): Simple and does what it suppose to do. Very good job guys :-) => I didn't understand the "All-time tabs"... what exactly this is? Thank you.
- (2017-06-09) Randal140d: Of no value to me. Small white font on gray background makes it very difficult to read. Oddly, it use a fourth of the space allowed for it.
- (2014-12-08) Good, but I prefer "Tab count", because it gives the list of the opened tabs, and you can switch to them by clicking them in the list.
- (2013-05-10) enchantingoliveboots: It's very functional, does what it says it does.
- (2022-04-12, v:1.2.1) Keenan: No longer shows on active window
Hello, The tab counter figure in app icon used to show active tabs on active window now it shows active tabs on all active windows. Can you please enable a feature to switch between the two?
- (2021-10-15, v:1.2.1) Shanief Webb: Count by domain
Is there a way to get a count of tabs open per host/domain (extracted from the URL)? And a way to close them? Use case: There are a bunch of Zoom tabs or Google Search tabs open in various windows that I want to easily close, but I currently have to find/go to each individual one and close them
- (2021-07-27, v:1.2.1) Robin Tan: Number of windows counter
Hi, can you please add showing the number of windows opened (not tabs).
- (2020-07-01, v:1.1.2) Sebastian Wientzek: Whitelist and the New Tab/ in german Neuer Tab or just activating it?
If I use multiple new tabs then the last one get's closed but not the first will be 'focused'. The focus goes to the last page then. Another point to this new tab would be for me, if I could whitelist it. Is that possible? I tried several urls for it but it didn't work: chrome://newtab chrome-search://local-ntp/local-ntp.html Neuer Tab New Tab Is there another way that would be correct? Thank you very much! Best regards Sebastian
- (2020-05-20, v:1.1.2) TEENYcharmander: the background color for the numbers is red
i personally don't like it, mostly because it seems like there is something wrong with my tabs, and the backgrounds dont match with ABP, which annoys the hell out of me! Please add an option to make the backgrounds for the numbers whatever color we want!!!! Anyone else?
- (2020-05-03, v:1.1.2) Laurentiu Macovei: Please make the counter black and not red!!
Having 55 tabs open is not a bad thing just a fact!
- (2019-04-16, v:1.1.1) Benjamin Ellis: Keep track of the most tabs you've ever had open
Just like how there's an all time tabs it'd be cool if there was an all time high for the most tabs you've ever had open at once
- (2018-09-18, v:1.1.0) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Suggestion
Also show tabs of active window
- (2017-08-26, v:1.0.8) Allan Laal: does not report accurate numbers
I have to kill and reactivate this plugin so it would update to the correct tab numbers
- (2016-04-29, v:1.0.6) Skyler Burwell: Can't install
Package is invalid. Details: 'Could not load extension icon 'icon31.png'.'.
- (2016-03-24, v:1.0.6) Jon Jon: Error message during install
Just to report an error message during install. Package is invalid: could not load extension icon icon31.png
- (2015-11-16, v:1.0.6) Warmuser: Add the extension counter function, please
Will be great if this extension can count also the extensions actived during the navigation.