Displays the current number of open tabs, open windows or both
Very simple extension that shows a counter of the number of tabs or windows open (or both). You can alternate between display modes by clicking the icon. This extension is open source. Dual licensed under MIT and Apache 2.0 licenses. Source code: https://github.com/asafh/chrome-tabcounter We don't track any behavior or user data.
- (2020-12-08) Galaxy Xcover 4S: Always love open-source projects
- (2019-08-19) Cory Watilo: It appears this extension is setting a Doubleclick cookie on all sites I visit. I verified by disabling, refreshing, verifying, and re-enabling.
- (2019-02-22) Ferenc Szabo: This extension is simple, minimalistic and does what it supposed to. It could be easily 5 star, if it would not have a 200,000k memory footprint for just counting 14 tabs (currently).
- (2018-11-05) Александр Колин: неплохо
- (2018-06-05) Herrman Selcher: Doesn't seem to be able to subtract from the number of tabs, leaving you with a counter for all of the tabs opened in the current session, which is, I imagine, utterly useless to most.
- (2018-01-01) N D: thanks
- (2017-11-05) Romas Bukauskas: What's the sense of display option "tabs over windows" if it actually displays just the same number of tabs followed by "..." - ?? There's enough space to show both numbers simultaneously one over another!
- (2017-08-24) Sandy Knowles: Perfect, minimal, gets the job done without all the fuss.
- (2016-12-12) Sherman Welch: I can barely see the number. It is white font on a pale gray background. I also do not see any way to change any options. Keep trying.
- (2016-06-09) Dan Dascalescu: I've reviewed the extension code and it's safe after the 2016 update, even though the code on GitHub hasn't been updated (https://github.com/asafh/chrome-tabcounter/issues/2).
- (2015-01-24) Marty: Simple and effective.
- (2013-09-11) Dan Dascalescu: One of the extremely few, if not ONLY, open source tab counter extension. No worries about a closed-source extension made in China leaking your tabs and browsing data.
- (2018-01-16, v:1.1) w mark: bright green icon!?
Is there a way to change the icon color to one that allows me to read the tab+window count??? Thank you very much.