Copy, export, and print from Asana flexibly
- Asana2Go is free for private or commercial use except as follows: You may not receive payment based explicitly on the use of Asana2Go (e. g., its report formats and output) without our express prior written permission. No Asana consultant other than the author (Larry Berger/Trilogi Solutions) is currently licensed to offer paid support or custom report writing using Asana2Go; if you are receiving such services from anyone else it is in violation of the Terms. - By installing you agree to the Terms and Conditions found at http://www.trilogisoftware.com/terms.html - No personal information is collected. Your Asana data is read and output to you, but neither stored nor updated - Asana2Go has no direct affiliation with Asana the company GET 10% OFF YOUR ASANA PLAN AND A 30-DAY FREE TRIAL - Try Asana for free with this unique link: https://asana.grsm.io/LarryBerger - You may be able to receive 10% off your annual Asana plan (Premium or Business) and/or get a 30-day free trial of Asana Premium. (My affiliate relationship with Asana may compensate me for referring a new customer.) CONSIDER SUPPORTING ASANA2GO - "Buy me a coffee" at https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Asana2Go RECENT UPDATES (See Changelog in Asana2Go Help for details) - Added List - Sections/Tasks/Description/Subtasks/Due/Assignee and List w/Links + Checkboxes - Sections/Tasks/Description/Subtasks/Due/Assignee new formats and also made this set of 8 formats much more customizable - Retired four much older, original List reports previously marked "TO BE REMOVED" - Support for Milestones for both Tasks and Subtasks; updated all applicable standard formats to depict them - Add 6 new formats: 3 Lists and 3 Lists w/Links + Checkboxes. They'll improve on and replace the prior 4 List and 4 List w/Links more rudimentary ones - Woof: Windows: Alt+Shift+PageUp Mac: Option+Shift+Fn+UpArrow Finally, parity with Tab+B - Table - Interactive format: Search as you type, sort by multiple columns, hide/show 20 columns - Instant Slide Presentations in Asana2Go from your Asana tasks; and speaker notes - In version 1.3.19, to respond to Asana API change, updated all numeric ".id" properties to text ".gid" properties; if you have a custom format, and you happen to be using this field (not very common), you'll need to make a similar change to your format - Create SWOT Analysis (Strengths/Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats) - Localization options for date formatting (See Help topic for info) - Create Projects Dashboard / Projects Roll-Up views - Import from virtually any mind map app - Export to a Coggle mind map - Create an attractive Eisenhower Matrix (Urgency/Importance quadrants) - Save any Asana2Go output as a file with new button: Save CSV/Text File - Improved Help - Various other minor improvements MORE INFO Trilogi Solutions Website: http://trilogisolutions.com Trilogi Medium Publication: https://medium.com/asana-consulting-trilogi-solutions Trilogi Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxDMin_QC8UT154CyPyi0jQ WHAT IS ASANA2GO? - A multi-purpose utility knife for when you need to get content out of Asana or just view it differently, either repeatedly or ad-hoc - Default or custom report formats that you can apply to any tasks or subtasks (in any Project, My Tasks, or Search Results) to produce attractive output that you can paste anywhere (email, documents), print to PDF, paste/save as CSV to Google Sheets or Excel, display as a slideshow, save and import as a mind map in Coggle (https://coggle.it), or use interactively in a different view than Asana's - Write report formats in Markdown and/or HTML and the full Handlebars template language using custom helpers provided, styled with CSS, selecting your data supplied by the Asana API in an easy-to-use interface - Optionally view your results in powerful DataTables JS interactive tables (Experimental--TBD) - Use out-of-the-box with no learning required: Just choose from among the various provided Formats and run - Experiment with easy changes: Need something a little different? Duplicate and edit a Format similar to your needs making changes by example - Create fully-customized Formats: Use the examples and built-in helpers with a little knowledge of Handlebars, HTML or Markdown, and optionally CSS - Your customized Formats are saved and sync'ed to all your logged-in Chrome desktop browsers - Works with both free and premium Asana accounts - No extra login/authentication required - Uses your Asana selections (read-only) but does not modify/write anything in Asana - Asana2Go was created by Trilogi Solutions (http://www.trilogisolutions.com). We provide Asana Consulting and Integrations/Custom Software Development using the Asana API, in addition to easily-imported Asana2Go custom Formats for your particular needs. WHY ASANA2GO? Do You Ever Need To: - Copy from Asana to an email, document (or anywhere else)? - Make a nice-looking PDF from Asana, or a printed page/report? - Create ad-hoc or recurring CSV or JSON? - Turn your Asana tasks into an interactive slideshow? - Import from virtually any mind map app and export to a Coggle (https://coggle.it) mind map? - Work with others who are not using Asana and want to use the full power of Asana for yourself but not be hampered when it comes time to share with them? - See the detailed contents of more than one task at a time? - Work easily with your Custom Fields? - Do all of the above in custom tables (even interactive ones), lists or any layout of your choice? - Address these same pain points that these nice folks here have encountered? https://community.asana.com/t/printing-my-tasks/1236 Asana2Go Can Help - Asana2Go addresses these and other needs and empowers you to design and create your own solutions as well - It operates in your own browser alongside your own Asana page; there's no separation or multiple-step processes as with some other tools/approaches - Many of us may never want to leave Asana, but sometimes we have to, either to address others' needs who may not be using Asana, and even sometimes for our own purposes when we need a slightly different view of our content to what Asana provides
- (2020-07-21) La Maravillosa: Gracias por esta extensión, muy útil
- (2020-04-02) Lily Howard: Very helpful and intuitive plugin. Larry also did a fantastic job putting together a custom template for us and was a pleasure to work with.
- (2019-11-25) KatyAnn Cassidy: Extremely helpful! I use this during my weekly progress meetings with my team so that I can print out upcoming incomplete tasks.
- (2019-11-11) Boris Kovtunov: Очень полезное расширение для выгрузки задач и бесплатное.
- (2019-10-15) Felix Ulrich-Oltean: So grateful for this - it helps me pick out and report usefully on parts of my big asana data store. Just what I needed - a more granular and powerful print/export feature.
- (2019-10-07) Jayson Moo-Young: Functionality I wanted and features that I never knew I needed until now.
- (2019-03-23) Teofilo Siman: Great little plugin! Clean, works well!
- (2019-01-07) Michael C. Kring: Asana2go is a great product that solves Asana reporting issues elegantly. I am already a huge fan. In a blitz my reports go from OK but trashy looking to elegant. My bosses will love it. The project status report is like magic. Only it's for real. I can't wait to use that. Now I am no longer considering alternative solutions to Asana. I respect how Trilogy runs their business. They share their solution with the world. Off course they get customers for their consulting business that way. But even free riders like myself gets curteous and well documented answers when writing to them.
- (2018-12-08) Nick C: A fantastic bit of software and a great company to work with. The extension lets you print flexibly, and beautifully, and extends the usefulness of Asana to those who are more "paper oriented" than online. It also lets you create permanent records which can be essential for corporate governance compliance. Larry at Trilogi customised a template for us so that we can run management meetings straight out of Asana and then print as pdf, distribute and save minutes immediately after the meeting in less than 2 minutes. This is an essential addin to anyone who uses Asana professionally and understands their legal obligations around company records. 5 stars.
- (2018-12-06) Dan Wiggle: A really great addition for Asana, with the option to create your own custom reports in particular extremely useful. I've customised my own version of the included Projects Dashboard report and it was super flexible and easy (I know a little bit of HTML etc., but am not a pro developer). What I've come up with using Asana2Go is a great alternative to the recently introduced Asana Portfolios. Asana2Go is perfect for a use case like mine where a small number of us need to generate portfolio-style reports but Asana's pricing model means we'd have to pay double our current pricing for all 40 of our users in order to access the feature.
- (2018-10-17) Mark Hudson: Asana2Go adds much-needed flexibility to reporting in Asana. Definitely worth using if you need to summarise a lot of information at once.
- (2018-09-12) Laura Kelly: We’ve been using Asana2Go for a few weeks now and it has made cross-functional work so much easier. I’ve definitely got to spend more time in the customization, but it has a ton of out-of-the-box functionality. THANK YOU!
- (2018-08-09) Seth Stevenson: Very helpful extension. This was the missing piece of Asana that my team needed. We use Asana2Go to send reports to our clients with the current status of our tasks. I love how customizable it is. Would highly recommend for anyone who uses Asana.
- (2018-07-09) James Carl: This is an essential addition for Asana. Finally a great product for creating nice looking reports and can be nicely customized.
- (2018-07-02) Todd Cavanaugh: An extremely helpful plugin for building PDF reports or printing out data from Asana. It becomes much more powerful if you are technical enough to edit the reports and build your own custom versions.
- (2020-08-07, v:1.6.20) Süntke Remmers: CSV Export
Hi there, is it possibe to replace the comma for seperating the columns? For example I would like to use a semicolon. best regards Süntke
- (2020-08-04, v:1.6.20) James Renshaw: QR Code Generation
Great work with everything. I appreciate this is outside of the remit of the extension but how practical would it be to make Task URL generate a QR code to be printed on Task cards? Handling a physical task with Asana details and print off with easy accessibility to task. Currently achieved by manually exporting your info onto a sheet with semi-auto QR generation then printing.
- (2020-06-19, v:1.6.17) Scott Snowden: Currency Formatting
Great tool. Thanks for sharing this! It would be great if there were currency formatting options (we have a custom field to store estimates with tasks).
- (2020-06-19, v:1.6.16) Tom Wald: Extension blocks all app.asana.com landscape orientation printing
Within the last several days, this extension has begun blocking printing app.asana.com pages in landscape orientation. I am using Chrome on Windows 10 to print to a Chrome Pixma MX922 or to PDF. The orientation option appears for a couple seconds in the Chrome print dialogue, then disappears. When I try to print using the native Windows dialogue, the landscape option appears and can be chosen, but the printer prints in portrait orientation anyway. I experimented to see if Chrome extensions were causing this problem. The problems occurs if and only if I have this extension enabled.
- (2020-06-15, v:1.6.13) Gate42: Asana2Go not working
Hi, I'm using Asana2Go but now when I select tasks and ask for View&Copy or SaveAsCSV or Text it respond me "First select one or more task and try again". I've removed and reinstalled the chrome extension but it doesn't work. I've also tried different way of report but no one is working. What can I do to solve this ?
- (2020-04-30, v:1.6.09) Benjamin J: Share Interactive output
Is there a way to share the output interactive table site with others? Like a way to export the site so that it can be opened up on their computers?
- (2020-03-16, v:1.6.09) Caroline D: Printing or saving as PDF issues
Hello Larry, I just started to use the app again, it seems that there's weird things happening when I try to print/save as a PDF the results of the export: in the preview of the print setup popup, all the format/letters are changed to symbols, so it is not readable (and does not make any sense as it is not regular letters). I've tried all the different export format, but it does the same error when trying to save as PDF or print the page... I can't seem to find an explanation or a solution, please let me know if you have had that problem before. Thanks, Caroline
- (2020-03-11, v:1.6.09) Carrie Gibori: Select my custom fields
Hello, Is there a way to print custom fields? Thanks for use of the great extension
- (2020-02-12, v:1.6.09) Nils Hommen: Asana2Go is not reporting all selected tasks
Hi there, I am trying to create some print out with Asana2Go. Unfortunately the App is not all selected tasks when I try to create reports with a bigger number of tasks. I tried it with different numbers of tasks, e.g. selecting all tasks from one of my projects (90 open tasks + subtasks, ordered in 11 different sections). The report in Asana2Go then tells different numbers ("64 selection(s) in ..." / "66 selection(s) in ..." / "70 selection(s) in"). I guess these numbers change when I select smaller parts or start to select from top to bottom vs. bottom to top. While Asana itself is showing the hint "90 tasks selected. You cannot update task data for more than 50 tasks at once." For the time beeing I was able to create several smaller sub-reports but it would be great to have the possibility to select a bigger a number of tasks for creating the report! Nevertheless: Thanks for your great work! Nils
- (2019-12-12, v:1.6.06) Sarah Brandsma: Need projects to be separated out in List - Sections/Tasks/Description/Subtasks view
Hi there, when I go to view multiple tasks in the List - Sections/Tasks/Description/Subtasks view, it combines all the information from each task together in each section. I need each project to be separate (like in the Card view), but in list view.
- (2019-11-07, v:1.6.05) Stephanie Gutierrez: sl-split slide not show images
I have tagged my slide with sl-split but the image isn't show up that I have attached to the task. How do I get images to show up in my slide presentation.
- (2019-10-15, v:1.5.03) Kelly Baker: Interactive Table PDF issues
Interactive Table Printing Issues I am trying to print a task list from a project, but when I click View + Print/PDF, it seems that the first 7 tasks at the top of the list do not show up on the pdf. I thought maybe it was because I modified the report, but I tried using the Table - Interactive report pre-loaded with Asana2Go and am having the same issue? Do you have any suggestions or workarounds so that I can get those first tasks to show up on the pdf? Thanks! Note: I do have 66 tasks selected. Posted by Kelly Baker - just now
- (2019-09-26, v:1.4.02) KO Assistant: Printing Issue
Hi! With the new version of Asana, I am unable to print a to do list and have it include the sections as well. Now all the task run together. Is there a way to print with sections?
- (2019-09-16, v:1.4.02) Eldan Kaye: Customized Reporting
I am not a developer and don't know how to customize the reports on ASANA2GO. I am missing a couple of fields. are you able to help me? Thanks E
- (2019-08-13, v:1.3.20) Steve Kluger: Extension says I'm not signed in
Hey I'm trying to test out your extension but for some reason it does not think i am logged into asana even though I am currently logged in. It says Please log into asana first. Could you point me in the right direction?
- (2019-05-26, v:1.2.15) Gil Friend: installed Asana2Go but cant use it
I've installed the extension from Chrome on MacOS but when I open Asana on Chrome I see no sign of Asana2Go, no sign of how to invoke commands like Print. Can you help? Thanks.
- (2019-03-17, v:1.2.14) Tiffany ONeill: App doesn't see selected tasks
When I select tasks in boards, app doesn't see it and won't print. I might also just be doing something wrong. I'm a new user. Thank you!
- (2019-01-27, v:1.2.12) Doug Lacombe: Dashboard - what is the "Program" metadata?
Excellent extension, kudos for creating and sharing such a useful tool! Especially with the recent loss of dashboards. I'm puzzled what the "No Program" message means or where "Program" might come from. Can you please explain? Or do you have a field map documented somewhere? Cheers, Doug
- (2019-01-03, v:1.2.12) asana2go icon is gray on chrome and I am not sure how to activate and connect with Asana? Thanks
chrome and I am not sure how to activate and connect with Asana? Thanks
- (2018-10-25, v:1.2.08) Riccardo Mares: Print and Print View
Hi and compliments for your extension. A little bug: when I use the "print" mode with card format type, Asana2Go continues to open the "print window" and it doesn't close "print window" after print the content. Thanks