Copies HTML tables to the clipboard or exports them to Microsoft Excel, CSV, Google Sheets, Office 365, etc.
Table Capture gives you the ability to easily capture HTML tables for use in a spreadsheet, whether using Microsoft Excel, Office 365, Open Office, Google Sheets, etc. Note: Some "Pro" features require a license. See below for more information. Last updated: 10/18/2021 Features: + Copy tables to the clipboard with the necessary column & row separators (tab and newline respectively) + Batch table operations: Copy multiple tables to the clipboard simultaneously. + Easily create a Google Doc from an HTML table + Capture div-based tables (or any repeating items in a website) by selecting text and launching the Table Capture Workshop Table Capture Pro features ($12/year): + Download tables directly as an Excel spreadsheet or as a CSV file + Capture tables that load as you scroll and multi-page tables with the Workshop + Export tables to Office 365 + Copy tables to the clipboard as Markdown text + Screenshot tables; download as PNG images + Site extraction "Recipes" for tables that require special handling Site-specific capture: + Notion (https://www.notion.so) Support & Testing: + E-mail me for support: [email protected] + Before requesting support for issues you're having, please test the extension on the tables provided here: https://www.georgemike.com/tables/test/ + Please keep in mind: All spreadheet apps are different and it's difficult to ensure correct behavior among them. One last note: Reviews are great and much appreciated, but emailing me is so much more helpful when it comes to improving the extension.
- (2021-10-23) Kavin Raj: Works on almost all sties I tested - works like a charm!
- (2021-10-18) Paul Mccollum: Was disappointed that CSV and Excel features don't work in unpaid version. They are pro features. Copy/Paste cleaning functions work fine. Update: Author is very responsive and is working on updating missing information in summary.
- (2021-10-16) Kimberly Hargis: I've never written a review on google store before but this is such a time saver that I had to take a minute to say how highly I recommend this!!! I need help and got great support.
- (2021-10-15) David G.: This is the only Chrome extension I use daily and my first review. TableCapture shaves minutes off of each task and crushes Excel's Text-to-Columns by exporting tables to Google Sheets in a click. This is my 'secret weapon'. -David G., HY Bond Analyst
- (2021-10-07) A Park: I couldn't copy and paste some tabulated data from a web page. A quick Google Search and less than a minute later I had the data usefully formatted in a spreadsheet thanks to this great extension. It didn't recognise the tabulated data so invoked the Table Capture Workshop and swiftly got it to recognise the formatting and extract the data accordingly. I love tools that just work, and this appears to be one of them.
- (2021-09-30) Sven Nakotte: This is the perfect tool for working with Tables in online applications. I had to extract data and couldn't quite get it to work. George asked me if he could help - and within 8 minutes I had an application which will save me hours of cumbersome data input!!! Best extension ever. George, THANK you so much!! Will recommend the PRO version to everybody working with data extraction!
- (2021-09-25) Fabian Mislik: Very useful but currently this extension is causing an "Out Of Memory" error for me on certain pages. Bummer.
- (2021-09-22) Ashim Ghosh: really a helpful tool
- (2021-09-21) David Kaplen: This extension is incredible. Grabs the tables clean and puts them in the format you want. Also, I had an issue with a difficult website, emailed support and they walked me through it. Awesome product
- (2021-09-16) Rupert Russell: Fantastic program! I use it at least every week. Totally worth the subscription fee. Try it you will love it. It just works so well and is super easy to use. Also George is a super nice guy and he goes out of his way to support his customers. I only wish I has the skills to write something like this myself.
- (2021-09-15) Davey Desmond: Have to SUBSCRIBE (not a one time purchase, which I would be more than willing to do) in-order to use any of the useful features. Would give zero stars if I could. #sellout
- (2021-09-01) Petter Angeltveit: Works as expected!
- (2021-08-25) Art F: Best tool for tables. It goes far beyond <table> parsing and has powerful features that makes work with tables like a breeze.
- (2021-08-23) Santiago Ross: Muy util.
- (2021-08-21) Dennis Bareis: It looks very powerful, unfortunately it didn't solve the issue I had (not it's fault). This tool is for whole tables rather than individual columns or rows.
- (2021-08-16) Stephen Little: Table Capture is a great tool. It's easily my most utilized Chrome extension. I find it invaluable for extracting information from webpages quickly and easily. I gladly paid to upgrade to Table Capture Pro just to express my appreciation and to support its further development.
- (2021-08-10) Andre Favreau: This little app is really awesome! The amount of hours I'm saving is crazy! I've also never seen support so fast and helpful. It makes this app better than any other because of that. I'm so glad I discovered this!
- (2021-08-06) Luke Toland: This tool saved me my sanity, many hours, and probably a client. Worth every penny!!
- (2021-07-18) Rahul Bhambhani: Superbly made and very useful
- (2021-07-12) John Trimble: I have used this extension periodically for years. Every time I use it, it saves hours of repetitive work. Sometimes I have to make a few attempts to find the sweet spot for it to find the table in html, but it's always worth a few extra tries at various spots on the page when I don't hit it right off. Great time-saver.
- (2021-05-31) Bob R: Expected this to work like Table2clipboard firefox..epic FAIL: I highlighted table data and used several different capture buttons..on a table that table2clipboard handled with with no problem, the result, when pasted into an excel file was a jumble of text..not columns & rows as Table2clipboard had done. This is not only ineffective but complicated. I will happily revise my review if shown a simple way to use this to highlight an html table, capture it with this extension and past it to an excel page.
- (2021-05-13) Michael Emelyanov: Попробовал копировать отчеты по платежам на mos.ru Ни в какую ((
- (2021-05-08) Hapmile Huang: 非常好用
- (2021-04-24) Manmeet Bhangu: This is a must have extension if you are dealing with tables, extracting info from website into excel. And worth buying as well for just 8$ per year !!!
- (2021-04-22) Sharon Jameson: Anticipating many hours of copying and pasting one image URL at a time for my Shopify store with 800 plus images and additional data, I was really in need of a quicker solution. I discovered the Table Capture Chrome extension. It worked exactly as I had hoped (quick, easy, and accurate). What made it even better is the help I got from chat person (George), including a shared screen zoom meeting to walk me through the process. Who does that? I was impressed.
- (2021-04-20) Idan Mizrahi: Great tool!
- (2021-03-25) Zacheriah Loeb-Houston: The developer is fantastic. I had an issue and he responded immediately (at 11pm!) and offered to do a zoom call, and he showed me what I was doing wrong. It's an extremely polished extension - really impressed!
- (2021-03-19) Uri Bushey: I was able to use this to copy a large, unwieldy Confluence table into Excel. Saved me easily an hour worth of painstaking error-prone copy/paste. Highly recommend.
- (2021-03-18) Gerson Tamayo: This is an awesome tool, exactly what I was looking for!
- (2021-03-15) Arnab Paul: Fantastic tool that's now indispensable for me.
- (2021-03-10) John Haber: Fantastic! It does what is says and is very easy to setup and use. This has saved me a huge amount of time, regularly capturing web reports into Excel.
- (2021-02-25) Anand Prakash: It's AWESOME. Can't express in the words, how it helped me.
- (2021-02-24) Amir Gonnen: Seems to work basically, but with some limitations. When trying to capture confluence tables: - Does not preserve merged cells. - If a cell contains a list of items, it converts the list into one long string - Does not preserve styles, colors etc.
- (2021-02-23) Rob Ernst: Like everyone else, this extension saved me hours/days of work! Low cost upgrade pays for itself on first use - what more could you want? Thanks for the quick helpful support too.
- (2021-02-23) Craig Haveman: Thanks for making such a great extension. I'll be upgrading to Pro.
- (2021-02-18) Stan Mathis: Very slick and useful little add-on.
- (2021-02-08) Maxim Kim: Отлично, спасибо!
- (2021-02-02) Irwanto Widyatri: Very helfpul!
- (2021-01-28) Robin Wills: Useless
- (2021-01-11) Murat Freeman: Çok iyi amk!
- (2021-01-09) Holly Wheeler: I've been using Table Capture free for ages and just upgraded to Pro, which is CRAZY powerful and would be cheap at three times the price. (It cost a lot less than I expected.) Table Capture just delivered a 289-page table from the web to my Excel perfectly with just a few clicks, and in just a few minutes. The pro version includes a lot of useful options for what to include in the capture, plus some interesting-looking recipe and template options. Highly recommended, and the most effective extension of its type so far.
- (2021-01-06) Hari Prasadh: This tool is a total magic!! Does what I was long looking for and guess what it's absolutely free -- Saved lots of bucks on scraper dependencies. Looking forward to seeing the tool evolve into more of an automated scraper. Kudos George, Keep up!! and thanks for connecting with me to fix some minor issues I faced in the initial setup.
- (2020-12-29) Gholamreza Rostami: perfect
- (2020-12-20) John Kennedy: Simple and a great time saver . I rarely write reviews, my exception here is the amount of time this is saving me getting data in spreadsheet for my genealogy research. give it a go and support the developer. I'm glad i did. John
- (2020-12-05) Zhiqiang Y: 超级好用，再也不用下载页面然后导出数据了。
- (2020-12-01) Javiera Reinoso: I downloaded it specifically for the multi-page feature but it didn't work :(
- (2020-11-15) Eugene Wolffe: Excellent tool! Does exactly what it says.
- (2020-11-07) This extension has saved me so much time! I am grateful to George.
- (2020-10-24) Evelien Vandevelde: Have been a user since -- stopped counting the years :) -- loved it and struggled when George did a major overhaul. What a surprise that when I contacted him to let him know I was struggling, I got one-on-one advice and now I know again exactly how to use it! There is no alternative for this. George - hope you're getting paid for this buddy ! If not, at least share your paypall account so I can donate :) Evelien, from Belgium
- (2020-10-18) Simone Carcone: It works like a charm!
- (2021-10-01, v:10.0.23) Danstan Ongubo: Shortcut
Hi, Awesome addon. My question is about whether it's possible to create a shortcut that launches the launch workshop for element option. Works without but would be relieving to have so that one doesn't have to right click each time.
- (2021-04-07, v:10.0.16) Buzz Gallagher: Limit a text cell to 150 characters.
Used the tool for my first email extraction finding TableCapture near perfect. Will the access to the PRO version with RECIPES give me the ability to TRIM or LIMIT first 150 characters from LEFT. I found myself now having too much data. I can easily modify in Google Sheets but naturally I want the world.
- (2021-03-15, v:10.0.16) Arnab Paul: Automatic table capture
Is it possible to use this tool for capturing a table automatically every n minutes? If not, is there another extension capable of that?
- (2021-01-10, v:10.0.13) Amko Drljevic: It doesnt copy the spaces within a column
Hi there, I am trying to copy a table, and within one column there is a block of text which has some spacing for let's call it paragraphs. The tool simply disregards all spacing and copies everything, if this wasn't the case it would have been a great tool. Anyway of fixing this?
- (2020-10-15, v:10.0.10) Tech Concerns: parent - child extraction
I learned how to scrape multiple pages. How do I scrape the child pages - one level down into the table
- (2020-10-07, v:10.0.10) Brian Wells: License Code
Hi George, I purchased a Pro License earlier this year and have now started using MS Edge so would like to activate on that browser. I will remove it from Chrome. Where can I find my License code to activate? Thanks Brian Wells
- (2020-06-05, v:9.9.35) Cody Boggs: Pro upgrade
Can't find the price associated w/ the upgrade to Pro anywhere.
- (2020-04-19, v:9.9.34) Rocio Campano Ramallo: Solo me extrae un artículo.
Hola buenos días, estoy intentando utilizar tu programa. Desde la página web belssia.com. Señalo los artículos y solo me extrae el primero. Me puedes dar alguna indicación. Gracias desde Mallorca. Rocio
- (2020-04-14, v:9.9.34) Pushprag Bhardwaj: copying of tables by a tampermonkey userscript
is it possible to control the copying of tables by a tampermonkey userscript?
- (2020-04-08, v:9.9.34) Alexander Jordan Devora: Won't recognize table
Hello! I am trying to download the individual-level data from the table at this website: https://www.brazoriacountytx.gov/departments/health-department/brazoria-county-coronavirus-map (at the bottom of the website the arrow to page 2 takes you to the table) but the plugin tells me that there are no tables found on this page, and I can't seem to use the table capture workshop because I can't actually highlight the text in any one cell. There is an option to copy a row to my clipboard, but only one row at a time somehow. If you get a chance, could you let me know if I am doing something wrong or if this table was just embedded in such a way that is not compatible with the plugin? Thanks so much.
- (2020-02-02, v:9.9.31) Marcelino Valencia: "Can Change Site Data"
There is this line in the menu that says "This can change site data" what does that mean? ... that it can modify the data in the website or just the data being viewed? thanks.
- (2019-12-30, v:9.9.27) Sumit Yadav: Not Working in Google Adwords Keyword Planner
Is there any workaround?
- (2019-08-04, v:9.9.5) Roimers Hernandez: He won't let me download it
When I add Chrome, it tells me '' An error has occurred '' '' This item is already being downloaded and added to Chrome '', I have almost one day and it doesn't download
- (2019-07-21, v:9.9.4) Hunter Knight: How can I copy full contents truncated cells?
Hi George, this extension is really helpful to me but I'm running into a bit of a problem. One of the tables that I work from is from an HTML site managed by another company. One of the columns in that table contains messages, and the table is written so that if the cell contains more than 90 characters, it automatically truncates and I have to manually click "view more" on each of the cells to see or copy the full contents. Do you know of any way around this?
- (2019-06-15, v:9.6) Nicholas Volinchak: Table HTML being picked up
Hello. Your tool has been very helpful over the course of the past few years. However, now with the latest update of Chrome, it is putting the web address next to items in tables if they are hyperlinked. I use this tool to feed into a number of algorithms that look at a lot of data to the point where fixing it by hand is not ideal. Any suggestions/?
- (2019-04-26, v:7.5) Robert Merrill: Direct to Google Sheet not working, even on the test page.
It opens a Google Sheet, displays "Working" for several seconds, then...nothing. Copy-Paste appears to be working fine, both on the test page and on the actual data I wanted to scrape. Windows 10, Chrome 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit) The only other extensions I have are Cisco Meeting App Screen Sharing, Cisco Webex, and Google Docs Offline.
- (2019-03-09, v:7.4) Kesari V.S. Katakam: Copying the Selected option from Dropdown
Hello George, When I am using this on editable forms/tables, it copies entire list of options in a drop down.. can I just choose to copy the "Selected" option only.( i.e. What I see in an editable form as selected ) Regards Kesari
- (2019-02-08, v:7.4) Actualizar a version Pro
Ya hice el pago para actualizar a version Pro, que mas debo hacer para activarlo?
- (2019-02-01, v:7.4) RCM Industries, Inc.: Can't find Table Capture Icon
Where is it?
- (2018-12-06, v:7.4) Mahmoud El kadi: Dynamic data
I copy pasted the data to google spreadsheet.However the data are not refreshing manually nor automatically every 1 min. By the way the only way for me to transfer the data is by control+v at the spread sheet ( could it be that I should transfer the data in other way?) Thanks in advance
- (2018-09-25, v:7.2) John McMillan: Time out please try again issue
Since the update I have had issues Timing out and showing no tables. If I refresh the page it will work. But I have to refresh every time. Was not an issue before and is not an issue on every page I go to but like this on several i use. example page = https://www.dailyfantasynerd.com/optimizer/draftkings/mlb
- (2018-09-20, v:7.1) 제인: Copy to Clipboard and the new Chrome update
Hi - Love this chrome extension! Just noticed an issue after the chrome update. Previously, when you copy to clipboard and paste to excel, it would retain the formatting. After the update, when I paste in excel, it just has everything in 1 column. How can this be "fixed"?