Copies HTML tables to the clipboard or exports them to Microsoft Excel, CSV, Google Sheets, Office 365, etc.
Table Capture gives you the ability to easily capture HTML tables for use in a spreadsheet, whether using Microsoft Excel, Office 365, Open Office, Google Sheets, etc. Last updated: February 2023 Features: • Copy tables to the clipboard with the proper row & column separators • Export to Google Sheets • Batch export tables to the clipboard, Excel & Google Sheets • Capture <div> tables (or any repeating items on a website) Table Capture Pro features ($12/year): • Download tables directly as an Excel spreadsheet or as a CSV file • Capture multi-page tables and tables that load as you scroll • Copy tables to the clipboard as Markdown • Screenshot tables (save as PNG images) • Export tables to Office 365 • Create "Recipes" for handling tables on specific websites • Export tables from PDF files (locally and from the web) Support & Testing: [email protected] • Please test the extension on the tables provided here: https://www.georgemike.com/tables/test/
- (2023-03-11) Chukhu Dodum: One of the most underrated Extension. With this extension I am able to capture table data from websites hassle-free but the thing i loved the most is that the Dev of this Extension is a good man. Thank You, Mike for making a tool that will help people across the globe just like me to become more productive. I writing this review for Chrome Web Store and I will do the same in MS Edge as well. - Chukhu
- (2023-03-10) Kevin Ponseel: FINALLY SOMETHING THAT WORK !!! So handy !!!!
- (2023-03-03) Garret D.: Export to Sheets is amazing feature, awesome job!
- (2023-02-20) Euripides' Trousers: A truly wonderfully designed extension that has become a can't-live-without tool for me. It's very easy to use, with a lot of thoughtful features that allow you to customise its use to your needs. Works beautifully to extract pretty much every html table I've tried it on. I also like that it works on div tables too, and how you can direct it to find a selected element's parent so it can find which divs make up the table. One of the most useful features is being able to delete columns and rows. The tables I save often have empty or irrelevant columns, so this helps enormously in being able to extract just the table data I need. The export options (Markdown, CSV) yield excellent results, but I also like the simple copy to clipboard feature. I use this in conjunction with the Elastic Tabstops plugin in Notepad++ when I need to save simple text tables that line up correctly. The only feature that needs work is the PDF table extraction, which didn't give me great results. However, I've found I can combine using Table Capture and Tabula to extract tables from PDFs and export them to the formats I need. Great support - fast and very helpful responses from the developer. A gem of an extension that more people should know about!
- (2023-02-17) Brenden Beck: Great extension. It has an intuitive, seamless interface that I had no trouble using even though it was my first time. Its "dynamic" function allowed me to capture tables that were laid out across different pages. There's great customer service. Great product.
- (2023-02-17) Arvid Linde: Slightly clunky and won't copy full html (for example, table cells that contain urls will come out as plain text) however, considering the remaining Table add-ons on Chrome web store are completely non-functional, this will have to suffice. Thank you for making this, I guess...
- (2023-01-29) Mahmoud CH: Only captures the first 153 rows :/
- (2022-12-29) Brendan Carr: Absolutely amazing, saved me an incredible amount of time.
- (2022-12-22) Michal Langmajer: Great extension. Does exactly what it claims to do. I had a little difficulties and George was super helpful to explain how to use it. Definitely recommend.
- (2022-12-06) Dmytro Lobur: Adore it, George Mike helped me literally in person within 30 min with the struggle I had using this addon, which adds a million of reps for him, as a cute and helpful person creating not less helpful extension.
- (2022-12-05) Leon: Amazing tool. Got the lifetime subscription
- (2022-11-17) Kurt Garcia: The guy was helpful. I would suggest to my freelancer virtual assistant friends
- (2022-11-11) Camilo Peñafiel: Incredible extension. Worked exactly how I needed
- (2022-11-05) Andrés Rodríguez: Excellent tool and excellent customer service. George is doing a great job with this and his other extensions. Kudos!!!
- (2022-10-26) Andreas Bezner: Great tool and amazing support by the developer. Table Capture on a scrolling Google Contacts table worked nicely!
- (2022-10-25) Melanie Albrecht: Dieses add-on ist einfach super! Durch das Auslesen von dynamischen Tabellen konnte ich sehr viel Zeit sparen und effektiv arbeiten. Der Kontakt mit George ist auch sehr freundlich und professionell. Eine klare Empfehlung, diese Erweiterung zu nutzen.
- (2022-10-03) Barrie Minney: First off, this is not a data scraper. It cannot drill deeper into element links but that’s not what I wanted it for. If you can display data in a table on a webpage then it can easily download in a variety of ways; including Excel, Google Sheets, 365 and clipboard, etc. There is also an option to publish and share data. Not sure how this works though. You can even edit the data before downloading Once installed as an extension its extremely easy to use and when invoked will select the table for you. If you have a single page of data just click on the Table Capture extension. It has an option to select various tables if you have more than one displayed. Then select your download format. Personally I prefer the “workshop” method as many of my searches involve multiple pages To be honest I don’t understand the difference between Paged Tables and Dynamic. Paged Tables seems to work best for me. With the data table in front of you, right click and select Table Capture Launch Workshop. Table Capture will appear at the bottom of your screen. Your table will be highlighted. Select Paged Tables button and underneath this select Toggle Auto-Paging Go to the webpage and click on whatever takes you to the next page. Sit back and wait! It has a built-in delay in case the website is slow in reloading (nice touch). On the right hand side of the workshop it will show you your ongoing capture. I would like an option to share say via Pocket and a way of selecting the pages to download. it’s a brilliant bit of software and extremely reasonably priced. I’ve used a few Chrome Extensions before I got to Table Capture and nothing else comes near to my requirements
- (2022-09-21) Mer Scott: FYI, This is my 1st review of a chrome extension: I'm so thankful I found this gem. Major thumbs up the developer(s) at georgemike.com, they are freakin' awesome!
- (2022-09-12) Andy H: This extension is fantastic, been using for a few years and recently upgraded to the PRO version. George the developer provided some excellent support on a query i had and even jumped on a zoom call to help understand my query and guide me... not only did he fix the problem, i learnt about features i didnt know were possible!
- (2022-09-08) Jake Radcliff: Fantastic extension that does everything it says. I have to get data from a table that's formatted in a very weird way and the extension was able to get it all. If you need support with the extension, George is very responsive and helpful as well!
- (2022-08-26) 邓志杰: 能否推出中文版； 新版本老是加载不出来？
- (2022-07-15) Gabriel Cosman: Simply genius!
- (2022-07-13) Bruno Telles: Just WOW! I had an issue getting a list from a Sharepoint documents site and thought I'd try the customer support chat option. George Mike, (the actual developer!) replied in 30 seconds. We got on a zoom call, he tried a few things, got it to work, and then got it to automatically load multiple pages of a table into one table and then taught me how to do it in two different ways (using the "dynamic table" and "Paged Table" options. Wow, just absolutely amazing help and the Add-in is remarkably better than I expected! Thank you SO much Mike! (BTW, the way to work with sharepoint document lists is to switch back to the 'Classic Sharepoint' web page and then click the auto table "Workshop" button to activate the "Paged Table" and auto populate option)
- (2022-07-13) Anton Krasov: Nice, easy and simple, thank you, saved me lots of time! ;)
- (2022-07-07) Marsha Aguilar: This is one of the best google extension tool i have ever seen for capturing tables and column, i was able to extract more than 30,000+ information in different rows and column in a period of 4 hours. the tool is very fast and even capture links embeded. i think you should go for it.
- (2022-07-05) Vignesh Ganesan: Super useful extension. I use this frequently to grab data from a site, enough times to sign up for Pro! Thanks for the great tool!
- (2022-06-15) Todd Prouty: This is an extremely useful plugin for capturing tabular data and the developer is very helpful. I ran into an issue capturing data from a table in a sitemap page generated from a .xml file, and within a short amount of time he had a solution. (For anyone with the same issue, .xml files are excluded by the extension, and despite being an HTML page, the page URL ended in '.xml' so it wouldn't even try to detect the table. I chatted with the developer on Discord and he said to add a parameter to the URL — for example, '?d' — and that did the trick!) I haven't needed it often enough to buy the Pro version yet but will keep it in mind. It's definitely the tool I turn to whenever I need to grab info from a table.
- (2022-06-12) Yousif Al Qallaf: Previously I did face problem loading YouTube comment .. But after uninstall it 2 times and then reinstall it .. it works like before with no issue at all
- (2022-06-12) Mark Norville: This is a cool helpful tool for the money. The owner is super helpful also. I needed a simple cheap tool to extract tables for a project and this was just a great option.
- (2022-06-03) Mr S: THIS IS THE BEST MONEY I HAVE EVER SPENT ON A SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!! NOT TO MENTION THE SIMPLY O-U-T-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G SUPPORT THEY PROVIDE! Do not hesitate and support this amazing team !!! Couldnt reccommend further...!!!!
- (2022-05-31) Tsuyoshi Seki: It works for my Surface pro, but does not work for my HP note PC. Both of those are windows10. I haven't had any clues of the dependancy yet.
- (2022-05-24) Makarand Patil: Saved hours of non-productive time
- (2022-05-24) Sohaib Ayub: I have been using this extension for many years, and its beneficial, well-managed, and perfect features. On top of that, George is a great person. He has also helped me better use this extension for my research. Highly recommended.
- (2022-05-24) Brian Deery: not only does this extension help copy data which I couldn't copy without it, but the developer was quick to help with the use of it. BEST experience I've had with any browser add-on... EVER!
- (2022-05-14) kartik iyer: This is a spyware add on it collects your data through injecting analytic.js in background network page
- (2022-05-09) Douglas Lee: Incredible product that does exactly what it says it will do. I had a 600+ row table of data I wanted to analyze that was on multiple pages and the thought of fiddling around with it to try to capture the information was not pleasant. I wondered if there were something that could help me and happened onto George's product. It worked perfectly and the pleasant surprise was that George's support was even better. I heartily recommend this product to anyone trying to use internet data that is uncooperative. Great product and even greater support!
- (2022-05-02) Kevin Grillmaster (steak4all): Holy crummo. I was able to replace paying a data entry guy $300 a month with this AMAZING extension. I had particular data I needed from a particular website and must have tried out 10 or 15 different scraping tools. This one, TableCapture, is the BEST of the bunch. I'm 4 real saying this one of the best extensions I've ever used, so very handy.
- (2022-04-29) Richard Logronio: I love it. This app is great. The customer support is beyond excellent. Thanks George Mike.
- (2022-04-18) William Harris: Made it happy when Copytables couldn't figure out the div soup! Save me a ton of time writting a script to get some info out of a table!. Really slick!
- (2022-04-12) K Le: This dude is a genius
- (2022-04-05) Transverse Slice: This is a fantastic extension. Works exactly as advertised. If you have any need to manually scrape data off webpages into a spreadsheet or CSV, this will save you a lot of time and effort. The annual $12 price tag is well worth it even if you use it just a few times in a year - think about the number of hours (and consternation) this is going to save you and apply even minimum wage to that. This is exemplifies the starry eyed promise of software - productivity enhancement!
- (2022-03-04) Martin Mitka: I spent 3 hours to look for possibility to download the table content and this little thing would me these 3 hours save, if I found it earlier. Brilliant work mate!
- (2022-02-28) Adam Gilbert: This tool deosen't work for me in chrome windows 10
- (2022-02-11) Eric K: I deeply wish I had this service/app/code/extension (whatever the name) a long time ago. Holy s*^$ it would have saved me soooooooooooo much time over the years. Good god. Thank you.
- (2022-02-10) Benjamin A: Used the free version for years (I can't remember how long... but it's been part of my productivity tools for a very very long time) and have always been very happy with it. Now i subscribed to the pro version just to have a few more features (especially multi-pages when I'm in a hurry and don't want to work through all pages manually) and support the developer.
- (2022-01-30) Alabhya Dahal: This extension has been so helpfully, I can't be grateful enough to the creator. Normally, I try to scrap data from R or Power BI, but some tables are just so difficulty to get through hard code. Terrific !
- (2022-01-23) Nikos Gousetis: It just copy pastes the values of the table, the user must replicate the formatting manually. The same use can be achieved by copy paste from the user
- (2022-01-20) Lee Bingaman: I've been using Table Capture for over 3 years now and it's an ESSENTIAL part of my work day! I'm not sure what I would have done without it. For those scaping data, you can easily automate using UI.Vision (was Kantu) and let it click the Table Capture to download tables for you automatically. Can't thank George Mike enough for this extension!!!
- (2022-01-14) Sercan Kahraman: This tool is great. At first I was a bit frustrated and cancelled my trial. Right after it George contacted me and wanted to help. He did via Zoom and wow, I will use Table Capture for many more things :) Well deserved 5/5 Thanks George!
- (2022-11-10, v:10.0.33) Nguyễn Huy: How can I unsubscribe pro licence?
I using trial but realized pro version can't fix my problem.
- (2022-09-20, v:10.0.31) SochiTender: cant istall =(
"Image decode failed"
- (2022-09-13, v:10.0.30) Hussein Aboulazm: How to stop my subscription
Hello, Today 30.31 AED has been deducted from my visa regarding Table capture subscription which I did not use since almost 1 year, so can you tell me how to withdraw my subscription and removing my visa details from your kind side. Thanks Hussein
- (2022-07-05, v:10.0.29) Brandon Check: Question About Functionality
Hello, I have not downloaded your tool yet, but have been looking into it for work. In instances when I would need the pull 20+ progressive screens (Pro version), would I need to remain on the tab with the tables, or could I start the process on a tab and then switch to another tab to keep working on other things? Thanks!
- (2022-05-29, v:10.0.29) Victor D: About Template Name in CSV: How to get full URL instead of just Domain?
The Template Name option would let me use the variable $DOMAIN to customize the name of my downloaded CSV file. However, I need to download like 100 tables from the same website (but differente page/location). So I don't want to end up with 100 CSV files with the same name like website.com, instead I want something like website.com/table1, which would be the full URL which already includes the table name.
- (2022-04-07, v:10.0.27) Dung Dang Huu: hi how i unsubcrice
hi how i unsubcrice this, now i dont need use this soft on next year Dang Dung
- (2022-04-01, v:10.0.26) Анатоль Анатолев: trial
Hello. Can i have trial version of Table capture pro? I'm ready to buy it, but want to check its features are fit for my work.
- (2022-03-01, v:10.0.26) Raul Dias: Different Decimal Separator
Hello, How to detect a different decimal separator? When pasting a table in Excel, some decimal values are pasted as text with an """ ' """, because of the regional decimal separator is , (comma) and not . (dot). Thanks.
- (2022-02-17, v:10.0.26) Zach Chapman: Shortcut keys
I currently use this about 35-70 times a day. Its very efficient as is. but I was wondering if it would be possible to capture tables with a keybind rather than moving the cursor to the top right of the screen then back to the left to navigate through all the pages and tables i need to grab. it only takes about 2-3 seconds to capture a table currently. but i feel like the time could be cut in half for alot of people if I could say CTRL+B it or something. Between coworkers and I, we are spending around 15+ hours moving to the extensions icon and back to click the next page every year.
- (2022-02-12, v:10.0.26) Екатерина Гнутова: Unsubscription
How do i cancel my subscription? i did it by accident. Thanks in advance
- (2022-01-24, v:10.0.26) Kieran Evans: Unsubscribe
How do I unsubscribe during the trial period. Thanks
- (2022-01-05, v:10.0.26) Chris Koehncke: Problem with specific sites
https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/ Hi! Great application and thanks for developing. The above URL is for making payment to the US Federal Gov. You can test this out (I think) by simply clicking on the LOGIN button. I was getting the error message: The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator. Your support ID is: < 8072145705640933016> I deleted cookies and realized if I disabled the TABLE CAPTURE extension, it would proceed to a normal login credentials window. I denote I previously was able to get to the LOGIN while TABLE CAPTURE was enabled but something changed. This is a minor issue. Chris
- (2021-12-28, v:10.0.26) Jack Ries: Pages Unresponsive when Table Capture turned on
Hello, I noticed that there are a handful of web pages that have become unresponsive lately when I go to their site. One of the pages is the following: https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/asset/movies/action-and-adventure/die-hard-with-a-vengeance/44c58723-bc8b-30db-bf80-bdcf0509151f It loads and I cannot click on a button. I can only wait or kill the page. I went one-by-one with my extensions and found that TableCapture is the culprit. I will try to find out additional pages that do not require a log in to view the error.
- (2021-12-10, v:10.0.25) Thomas Rochford: Problem solved
Hi George, it has suddenly come to life again, Thank you, Thomas
- (2021-10-01, v:10.0.23) Danstan Ongubo: Shortcut
Hi, Awesome addon. My question is about whether it's possible to create a shortcut that launches the launch workshop for element option. Works without but would be relieving to have so that one doesn't have to right click each time.
- (2021-04-07, v:10.0.16) Buzz Gallagher: Limit a text cell to 150 characters.
Used the tool for my first email extraction finding TableCapture near perfect. Will the access to the PRO version with RECIPES give me the ability to TRIM or LIMIT first 150 characters from LEFT. I found myself now having too much data. I can easily modify in Google Sheets but naturally I want the world.
- (2021-03-15, v:10.0.16) Arnab Paul: Automatic table capture
Is it possible to use this tool for capturing a table automatically every n minutes? If not, is there another extension capable of that?
- (2021-01-10, v:10.0.13) Amar Basic: It doesnt copy the spaces within a column
Hi there, I am trying to copy a table, and within one column there is a block of text which has some spacing for let's call it paragraphs. The tool simply disregards all spacing and copies everything, if this wasn't the case it would have been a great tool. Anyway of fixing this?
- (2020-10-15, v:10.0.10) Tech Concerns: parent - child extraction
I learned how to scrape multiple pages. How do I scrape the child pages - one level down into the table
- (2020-10-07, v:10.0.10) Brian Wells: License Code
Hi George, I purchased a Pro License earlier this year and have now started using MS Edge so would like to activate on that browser. I will remove it from Chrome. Where can I find my License code to activate? Thanks Brian Wells
- (2020-06-05, v:9.9.35) Cody Boggs: Pro upgrade
Can't find the price associated w/ the upgrade to Pro anywhere.
- (2020-04-19, v:9.9.34) Rocio Campano Ramallo: Solo me extrae un artículo.
Hola buenos días, estoy intentando utilizar tu programa. Desde la página web belssia.com. Señalo los artículos y solo me extrae el primero. Me puedes dar alguna indicación. Gracias desde Mallorca. Rocio
- (2020-04-14, v:9.9.34) Pushprag Bhardwaj: copying of tables by a tampermonkey userscript
is it possible to control the copying of tables by a tampermonkey userscript?
- (2020-04-08, v:9.9.34) Alexander Jordan Devora: Won't recognize table
Hello! I am trying to download the individual-level data from the table at this website: https://www.brazoriacountytx.gov/departments/health-department/brazoria-county-coronavirus-map (at the bottom of the website the arrow to page 2 takes you to the table) but the plugin tells me that there are no tables found on this page, and I can't seem to use the table capture workshop because I can't actually highlight the text in any one cell. There is an option to copy a row to my clipboard, but only one row at a time somehow. If you get a chance, could you let me know if I am doing something wrong or if this table was just embedded in such a way that is not compatible with the plugin? Thanks so much.
- (2020-02-02, v:9.9.31) Marcelino Valencia: "Can Change Site Data"
There is this line in the menu that says "This can change site data" what does that mean? ... that it can modify the data in the website or just the data being viewed? thanks.
- (2019-12-30, v:9.9.27) Sumit Yadav: Not Working in Google Adwords Keyword Planner
Is there any workaround?
- (2019-08-04, v:9.9.5) Roimers Hernandez: He won't let me download it
When I add Chrome, it tells me '' An error has occurred '' '' This item is already being downloaded and added to Chrome '', I have almost one day and it doesn't download
- (2019-07-21, v:9.9.4) Hunter Knight: How can I copy full contents truncated cells?
Hi George, this extension is really helpful to me but I'm running into a bit of a problem. One of the tables that I work from is from an HTML site managed by another company. One of the columns in that table contains messages, and the table is written so that if the cell contains more than 90 characters, it automatically truncates and I have to manually click "view more" on each of the cells to see or copy the full contents. Do you know of any way around this?
- (2019-06-15, v:9.6) Nicholas Volinchak: Table HTML being picked up
Hello. Your tool has been very helpful over the course of the past few years. However, now with the latest update of Chrome, it is putting the web address next to items in tables if they are hyperlinked. I use this tool to feed into a number of algorithms that look at a lot of data to the point where fixing it by hand is not ideal. Any suggestions/?
- (2019-04-26, v:7.5) Robert Merrill: Direct to Google Sheet not working, even on the test page.
It opens a Google Sheet, displays "Working" for several seconds, then...nothing. Copy-Paste appears to be working fine, both on the test page and on the actual data I wanted to scrape. Windows 10, Chrome 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit) The only other extensions I have are Cisco Meeting App Screen Sharing, Cisco Webex, and Google Docs Offline.
- (2019-03-09, v:7.4) Kesari V.S. Katakam: Copying the Selected option from Dropdown
Hello George, When I am using this on editable forms/tables, it copies entire list of options in a drop down.. can I just choose to copy the "Selected" option only.( i.e. What I see in an editable form as selected ) Regards Kesari
- (2019-02-08, v:7.4) Actualizar a version Pro
Ya hice el pago para actualizar a version Pro, que mas debo hacer para activarlo?
- (2019-02-01, v:7.4) RCM Industries, Inc.: Can't find Table Capture Icon
Where is it?
- (2018-12-06, v:7.4) Mahmoud El kadi: Dynamic data
I copy pasted the data to google spreadsheet.However the data are not refreshing manually nor automatically every 1 min. By the way the only way for me to transfer the data is by control+v at the spread sheet ( could it be that I should transfer the data in other way?) Thanks in advance
- (2018-09-25, v:7.2) John McMillan: Time out please try again issue
Since the update I have had issues Timing out and showing no tables. If I refresh the page it will work. But I have to refresh every time. Was not an issue before and is not an issue on every page I go to but like this on several i use. example page = https://www.dailyfantasynerd.com/optimizer/draftkings/mlb
- (2018-09-20, v:7.1) 제인: Copy to Clipboard and the new Chrome update
Hi - Love this chrome extension! Just noticed an issue after the chrome update. Previously, when you copy to clipboard and paste to excel, it would retain the formatting. After the update, when I paste in excel, it just has everything in 1 column. How can this be "fixed"?