This light-weight extension adds a strike-through button to Gmail compose window - with keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+S.
Until now it was quite tricky to add strike-through text to your Gmail messages. Now you can add strike-through text thanks to this extension. Install this extension in your browser and refresh the Gmail page. The button is immediately available in the Compose Window. Select the text in your compose window and click on the newly added strike-through button. The extension supports keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+S. Select the text and press Ctrl+Shift+S. You can toggle the text style by pressing Ctrl+Shift+S again. Updates: version 126.96.36.199 fixes 'automatically scrolling to top when strike-through button is pressed issue
- (2020-12-21) Ananya Gupta: This worked great but it looks like GMail has now added strikethrough into their rich formatting options (finally!). Thank you developer for providing this in the meantime - it was a useful ride.
- (2020-11-25) Steve Homer: Installed and working as promised. A small but useful productivity aid... if you use strikethrough!
- (2019-01-07) Fred Calm: The button no longer shows up in the formatting bar (Chrome 71.0.3578.98 64-bit), however keyboard shortcut still works. Have enjoyed this extension for a few years and would still love it if the button worked.
- (2018-11-04) Jean Gregg: Can't live without this tool and so happy someone came up with this nifty extension!
- (2018-09-22) The Inscrutable: It works. I wish the strikethgough was on the same hovering format bar as the other formatting options instead of tucked into the lower bar next to the send button.
- (2018-07-25) Duygu Aksoy: Works well!
- (2018-07-19) Marc Stress: Guess what? It works 100% as advertised right out of the box. Nice little extension. Solutions like this makes one wonder why it's just not built-in to the gSuite, but thank goodness for developers like gmart.in
- (2018-06-28) Fast Webstart: Very Useful plugin. Works just as it says on the cover
- (2018-11-02, v:0.0.1.5) Installed but doesn't seem to work
Hi, thank you for this very useful tool. Unfortunately, i just installed on Chrome, but the button doesn't appear and the keyboard shortcut doesn't work. Does it need to be updated ? Thanks