Allows you to change the color of your Gmail favicon to make it easier to distinguish between accounts.
*** Please reload your Gmail tabs after installing this extension. *** *** Known issue: the color you've chosen doesn't stick when you reload your Gmail. That's next on the roadmap. *** Feedback and contributions welcome!
- (2020-03-27) CEW Team: This is exactly what I was looking for, however the fact that the color defaults back to red on refresh/reload makes it more of an inconvenience then helpful. If the developer writes a patch to fix the issue I will definitely reactivate the extension.
- (2019-05-29) Lawrence Guzzetta: Works perfectly and the only extension that worked of the three I tried. Drop dead simple user experience. Did require that I restart Chrome but that's a minor inconvenience. Only future request I would have is, like other reviewers, is more color choices. Very much appreciated.
- (2018-11-19) Derek Fitzpatrick: Great! Would be nice to add a few more colors. At least R.O.Y.G.B.I.V.
- (2018-02-13) Mike De Butts: perfect. you have to wait for it to start working, but it did work after all!
- (2018-01-16) Jason Rennie: Perfect. This makes it super-easy to identify accounts between my Chrome windows. Thank you, Manu!
- (2017-10-28) Arlo Gilbert: 4 stars for solving a specific pain point. 5 stars if it would let me specify a regex or numeric account id (e.g. 0, 1, 2) because the main use case for this is that you have multiple gmails and want to tell via tab color which one is which. Right now anytime I start my browser I have to go choose the favicon for each account because the color selection only stays until the browser is closed. Great extension but with a few tweaks it would be a 5 star extension :)
- (2015-11-30) Jay Goldman: This is exactly what I was looking for! Manu came through with a perfect little extension that makes it so much easier to have multiple Gmail accounts in pinned tabs. Thanks!
- (2020-01-17, v:0.15) Kurt Fairfield: Tab color changes back on refresh
I also liked the extension, except that it only works momentarily. For some reason, on refresh or reload, color changes back. Too bad, I was really hopeful, thanks for your efforts, nonetheless:)
- (2018-07-04, v:0.15) Nathasha Ali: Sucks!
Changes the colours back to "red" when I refresh the tab ....
- (2018-02-13, v:0.15) Mike De Butts: it's broke
broken. tried everything. unistal and reinstalled. chrome on and off. close and reopen gmail tabs. the 4 colours comes up, but you can't click on them. there just stare back at you with immutable scorn...
- (2017-02-05, v:0.15) Gmail INBOX?
Does this currently work w/Gmail INBOX, or is there a plan to include that functionality? Thanks.