Change or invert the color scheme to make webpages easier to read.
High Contrast lets you browse the web with your choice of several high-contrast color filters designed to make it easier to read text. When you install this extension, all pages are "inverted", so black becomes white and white becomes black. Press the "browser action" icon in the toolbar to toggle it on and off, or customize your settings on a per-site basis. Use a convenient keyboard shortcut to quickly change your settings while you browse. Other extensions try to change the default colors, but this ends up breaking many popular websites. Only this extension applies filters to your page that invert almost everything - the only exception is photos, which are left alone. Also note that the Chrome web store and other built-in pages like the New Tab page and Settings pages are unaffected - extensions like this one are not allowed to modify them, by design.
- (2020-09-19) bangun waloejo: Cukup dapat mengubah tampilan di monitor screen menjadi lebih tajam untuk pengguna yang sudah uzur usianya........ Sebaiknya Menu untuk kontras lebih di buat simple pengaturannya. Tks
- (2020-09-16) Jackson Rutner: i tried to disable it but it wouldn't now my full screen button is gone
- (2020-09-16) Alice Freeman: I added this for migraines and light sensitivity and I can't get it to work at all, I love the concept. I could be doing something wrong or not doing at all. I also suffer from TBI's.
- (2020-09-14) Shivian Morgan: Really like this extension, but I sincerely wish that bright-green-on-black was one of the color options. Yellow-on-black is pretty great, but not my favorite.
- (2020-09-11) jock look: 图片显示不正常，其余还好
- (2020-09-05) William Zhao: It used to work very well a few months ago. That is, until they started changing to program to try to not invert some parts of the screen. Now there's bugs all over the place, when I load into a webpage there's a chance I have to refresh a few times before it started inverting the colors. The site customization don't work anymore and colors get inverted even if I tell it not to... Like I'm fine with toggling it off once a while when I actually want to look at videos or photos, but I'd much more prefer the intuitive behavior that it used to have.
- (2020-09-03) Ryo Tedeschi: doesn't really function properly anymore. half the websites i visit it doesn't kick in includng google docs. or it wont *stay* enabled and when i go to another page it's off again.
- (2020-09-03) Ziad Krayem: Very useful and nice. And the options to visual assistance option is awesome instead of assuming one shoe fits everybody. One hopeful request: On Chromebooks, Shift+F11/F12 are reserved for adding removing desktops and cannot be overridden, so I am unable to use the shortcuts and have to do it from the extension menu every time. Please add the option to select different keyboard shortcuts. Thank you so much.
- (2020-08-27) Roy Mc Graw: I love it for me at 84 these old eyes need all thy help they can get Roy Mc Graw
- (2020-08-26) Nikodem Michalak: Kto nie zarywa nocek przed wielkim ekranem ten w pełni nie doceni działania tej wtyczki. Prosta, praktyczna i genialna. Zmiana kontrastów załącza się błyskawicznie. Rozszerzenie w pełni integralne z przeglądarką i nie obciąża systemu. Przede wszystkim kod certyfikowany od Google. Moim zdaniem brakuje tylko trybu nocnego z zachowaniem barwy kolorów dla większości wyświetlanych grafik.
- (2020-08-18) AngellaGamer: Estou amando, muito útil!!!
- (2020-08-17) collège-lycée FCPE La Colinière: bien
- (2020-08-16) bren sarver: aw hell its a great little feature hell ican read crap now
- (2020-08-12) nancy ferra: the app is not working. it will not let me adjust the settings on the screen.
- (2020-08-12) dario barroso: genial
- (2020-08-10) Lily E: Completely useless. Essentially just a partial color inverter, nothing to do with contrast. Makes images and videos very difficult to view
- (2020-08-06) Aline Lage: Precisava ser mais fácil ativar e desativar porque nem todo momento alguns de nós precisa. Além do que já informaram antes. Também deveria ter a opção de escolher as abas em que poderia ficar ativo e outras que não. Assim não atrapalharia os vídeos. Agora estou com dificuldade de retomar á configuração anterior
- (2020-07-31) giahan quach: tuyet voi
- (2020-07-31) Nhượng Lê: I have poor eyesight. Extension is great for me. But it works stably on Chrome v65.0.3325.181. The newer versions are not stable (Extensions sometimes don't work properly when I browse through multiple facebook profiles (old interface) or ads.google.com) Please fix and upgrade it. Thanks very much
- (2020-07-30) Todd Schmidt: Good step forward. Street lines, heck the Google Search input box is not visible without this extension on two of the three monitors I use. Contrast controls, ability to set for page extensions of sites instead of entire sites would be helpful.
- (2020-07-30) Valdir Ribeiro: Muito bom, mas precisava só ignorar as fotos na inversão de cores
- (2020-07-30) Daniel Depinoy: Zou de kwaliteit wel veel verbeteren want met die nieuwe App was het huilen met de klak of de pet op pour les vlaamschen
- (2020-07-28) Andrew Junior: The easiest to use.. hands down!
- (2020-07-24) Minton Miller: The folks at Google Chrome should be ashamed of themselves. It appears that they have made accessibility for people with vision issues a low priority. I have been a pc user since the mid 80s and Google accessibility is the worst I have ever seen. I only use Googly on rare occasions and then only if I have to. I can not overstate my frustration, anger, and contempt for this product.
- (2020-07-24) Shadow Banning on YouTube: Teilweise extrem wichtig... Manche Webseiten sind derart blass geschrieben, dass die Gefahr von Augenkrebs besteht. Das kleine Programm hier wirkt Wunder
3.5 (5,909 votes)
Last update / version
2016-11-08 / 0.9.3