Change or invert the color scheme to make webpages easier to read.
High Contrast lets you browse the web with your choice of several high-contrast color filters designed to make it easier to read text. When you install this extension, all pages are "inverted", so black becomes white and white becomes black. Press the "browser action" icon in the toolbar to toggle it on and off, or customize your settings on a per-site basis. Use a convenient keyboard shortcut to quickly change your settings while you browse. Other extensions try to change the default colors, but this ends up breaking many popular websites. Only this extension applies filters to your page that invert almost everything - the only exception is photos, which are left alone. Also note that the Chrome web store and other built-in pages like the New Tab page and Settings pages are unaffected - extensions like this one are not allowed to modify them, by design.
- (2020-01-21) Roberto Ossa: todo lo de google me gusta, son muy profesionales.
- (2020-01-20) Liza The Inkling: It was okay but I can't figure out how to take it off of Microsoft Word. It made it harder to read and it's not very helpful. Can you help me figure it out please?
- (2020-01-16) Gerfervonbob: This app is great, I wish I could turn it on for some websites but not others.
- (2020-01-15) Bob Jones: This flips the text into high contrast (black background, white text), but it also washes out all images, thus making it completely useless for visiting any page with images or videos. This should be an easy fix, but apparently there is nobody home on the other end of this app.
- (2020-01-11) Amir Navabi: Big help towards the end of the day when eyes are tired and begin to water.
- (2020-01-09) Philico Philico: Great idea but not implemented in a smart way. I suggest to the developers of this addon to refrain from manipulating images. It simply makes no sense to have a negative of a photo show up!
- (2019-12-30) Hashim Sa'ad: My browser is not working faster, with the aids of the extensions, I find it easy.
- (2019-12-26) Stavros Skamagkis: A very useful extension which can make reading of text a lot more easier on the eyes with it's Yellow/Black color mode. And no, it's not only useful to people with vision issues as some people write here, but for anyone who wishes to make her/his web browsing less stressful for her/his eyes, because the less brightness from the computer screen, the better. Apart from that, it has issues applying it's color mode to some websites which use complex dynamic script, like Facebook and a few other advanced Web apps.
- (2019-12-14) John Carlaw: It suits my eyes , makes text heavy websites like news and wikipedia much easier to read. The only problem I noticed was e.g. Youtube and Twitch videos pages when playing. When enabled even if set to Normal the GPU for YT pages use goes from 15% to 80%. No difference if full screen or not. Tolerable for only one, although could affect battery. I have multiple monitors on a desktop, many tabs across multiple screens and opening two HD videos forces GPU to 100% with glitches vs 25% and smooth if the extension is disabled. Repeating, this is if the page is set to Normal, no contrast effects.
- (2019-12-14) teeveestätuttu Larren: joo joo
- (2019-12-09) Claus Skov Caspersen: I´s Super, but If there was a manuel Colour settings, I would give 5 stars
- (2019-12-07) ryan araginggang: mantap
- (2019-12-06) Сергей Захаренко: Прекрасное простое в управлении расширение. При моде на светлосерый шрифт на бьелом (руки дизайнерам бы...) очень своевременное расширение.
- (2019-12-03) Szymon Walkowski: I would go for 5/5 if only able to turn off this option for media (images, videos). Why would I want to invert those colors there. I know there are other plugins that do that, but are having worse UX for settings I guess or lesser options and for some pages it's better to have inverted greyed scale instead of inverted all. If it happens to have option for turning it off for images/viedoes, I will change at moment to 5/5. With not option for it, it's unusable for me, sorry
- (2019-11-28) Bryce Kline: I just found out why images were not appearing in Google Docs, Slides, Drawings, etc.: this extension (even if Normal is selected)! Disabling it made the images visible.
- (2019-11-26) Mercedes Urios: Gracias a esta extensión puedo leer en muchos sitios que tienen bajo contraste. Paso muchas horas en el ordenador usando plataformas de estudio y esta extensión me ayuda muchísimo. A mi lo que me interesa es el texto, que es lo que esta extensión resuelve a la perfección
- (2019-11-25) Lucia Santucci: Non rimane attivo, si disattiva sempre e bisogna ricaricare la pagina
- (2019-11-22) Alex C: Inverted grayscale is fine but it should have a option "Do not transform pictures" This app doesnt work anymore on modern websites... to be updated or replaced
- (2019-11-19) Miguel Angel Benavente Apaza: Muy buena para la vista. La recomiendo
- (2019-11-16) Itzyagurlalana !: Ok the reason why i don't like it is that it pops up and it makes my computer slower
- (2019-11-11) G Clark Bloomfield: Hey, all you naysayers out there, if you don't like this particular Chrome add-on, there are a number of alternative add-ons waiting you, if you would only use your little fingers and even "littler" brain and CLICK ON ONE OF THEM!!! Quit wasting EVERYONE else's time and insulting our intelligence with your needless and oft'times senseless prattle!!! The phrase "GET A LIFE" comes to mind...if you are truly having THIS much time on your hands, go volunteer at your local pet shelter, library....anywhere that can use you amazing ability to "hold forth"...
- (2019-11-11) Yakeeastern: Awsome extension does what its supposed to.
- (2019-11-06) Thanh Hoang: 73h3
- (2019-11-05) Evy Foster: I get severe headaches from working on my computer and much of the irritation has to do with the lighting. This app is going to help so much! THANK YOU.
- (2019-11-04) Matthew Pava: I really do like this extension, and I use it most of the time. Unfortunately, unlike its claim that it does not invert pictures, it does. It also inverts the colors on videos. It really messes me up because I really like having the white text on a black background and not have to turn of the extension to see pictures. I also wish there was a smarter way of handling websites that are already dark gray on light gray. They're not high contrast either.
3.464 (5,856 votes)
Last update / version
2016-11-08 / 0.9.3