Invert the luminance of a website to make it easier on the eyes.
## What's new in 0.7.6? ## * Mostly fix issues introduced by recent Chrome updates ## What's new in 0.7.6? ## * Fix another blinking scrollbar issue affecting Windows 8+ users at different zoom levels. ## What's new in 0.7.5? ## * Correctly display "unknown" image types in "Keep Images Normal" mode * Fix blinking scrollbar issue Invert the brightness of the web without changing the colors! Useful as a night mode to darken most bright web sites (like Google), or just for making the web soothing black instead of glaring white. Similar to the "High Contrast" or "Hacker Vision" extensions, but tries not to ruin images by blowing out the contrast or changing the colors. Warning: because of the way this extension inverts the luminance of rendered pages, it may cause noticeable slowdowns for some users. If this happens, you may prefer another extension that uses custom CSS to set the default background and text color of web pages.
- (2019-11-12) Rob Swofford: If you abhor white backgrounds on web pages like I do try deluminate extension for chrome browser. It will reduce eye strain. It takes a little time tuning its response to various web sites you visit however once it learn how to render the pages with black background and white text it works fairly smoothly. I hope the developer continues to update and extend the app for the sake of stressed eyes. Thanks abstiles for your efforts!
- (2019-11-05) Sergey G.: The extension idea is good, but it is bad for eyes. Fonts are displayed as blurred. I do not recommend it for eyes safety reasons.
- (2019-10-19) Anuraag Moharana2: superb
- (2019-10-16) ВАСЯ пупкин: Пока работает наиболее эффективно на фоне других. Придраться не к чему. 5 баллов.
- (2019-08-10) Sky M: I really like the options it comes with, though it glitches with some sites. I've been using it for over a year now I think and it's one of my most useful extensions. I even use it on my opera browser on my laptop using an extension that would let me install chrome extensions!
- (2019-07-03) Eugene Kot: performance is up to x4 times worse with this plugin turned on in Chrome even if it's disabled on a page. On ordinary web-pages you will not see the difference but on really heavy web application it's realy noticable
- (2019-06-17) Dan Ortega: Simply Aweesomee !!! Check the settings and you will like it
- (2019-06-06) Frank Booth: It can only do low contrast by making the background brighter/grey, so if you want a black background you're stuck with bright white text. It also doesn't play well with Night Shift, as opposed to TLV Night Mode, which does. My review for TLV Night Mode: Stellar. Though to get a black, rather than grey, background, you have to make your own theme, but that's thankfully very easy. It's much better than the also rans, Deluminate, which can only do low contrast by making the background brighter/grey, and Midnight Lizard, which is painfully complicated.
- (2019-05-19) Jansen Rubens: excelente, funciona com todas as abas e em qualquer site praticamente, adorei <3
- (2019-05-12) Joey Parker Hernández: Esta chidaaa
- (2019-05-04) Alfonso Abreu: Excelente!
- (2019-05-02) 林庆华: The ability to invert image color is very useful in some website
- (2019-04-14) Randall Mata: Does what it says on the tin, and you can undo it on a per-page basis. Love it!
- (2019-04-07) Filipe de Sousa: The extension is helping me a lot to read texts. Light disturbs my vision. Thank you.
- (2019-03-19) omecochan: Youtubeのライブカメラ映像（720p60f、1080p60f）が酷くカクつくので、原因を探る為に入れている10以上の拡張機能を1つづつオフにして確認したところ、Deluminateをオフにしたところでカクつきが消えました。Deluminate以外すべてオンにしてもカクつかなかったので、100%Deluminateがカクつきの原因でした。 しかし白黒反転は目に優しく、Deluminateはお気に入りでずっとお世話になっているので、これからも使い続けます。
- (2019-03-16) haploide allel: Flickering issue still not resolved. But now the extension makes Chrome extremely sluggish to work with. Wikipedia for instance is almost unviewable with all that lagging, because it makes my Core i5 run at 100% on all 4 cores... Please developer, will you try to resolve these issues?
- (2019-03-08) txshon Tseng: Best dark mode app than dark reader. Since it inject the body to dark first which make google search page doesn't white flash anymore! However, some images are inverted and the page becomes really slow!
- (2019-03-04) 对百度贴吧不起作用。体现是进入具体的帖子后，文字和它的背景依然是原来的白底黑字。
- (2018-12-27) Milán Nagy: Very good except on youtube
- (2018-12-20) Shashwat Suman: Best extension. Copy paste doesn't work in github with deluminate enabled.
- (2018-12-11) Shaohui Zeng: If you have vision problem and have to have dark mode, and have to use google doc/sheet etc. This is probably the only one that will make you happy because all, including this one, will screw up the editor. However, this one holds the distinction of letting you control over what to do with the graphs. This one, and also many others, appears to do its trick by polling. If you zoom out your will get flicker. The polling appears to be cpu intensive. It noticeably slows down cpu intensive pages like youtube and makes it rather sluggish. But that is at least usable. It really brings gmail to its knees. I have to disable this to us gmail. Oh well! That's why I take away one start
- (2018-12-02) Jason Wigle: You have to reload the page to make it work, which really isn't that big an issue, nor an uncommon one. What I don't like about this one though is it does something to the font when enabled. The font becomes... blocky. It looses its crispness, the edges look jagged. Which makes it hard to read, so you wind up trading the eye strain caused by a super bright screen for eye strain (admittedly less) of reading jagged/blocky characters. I'd recommend using the "High Contrast" extension instead. It does the same thing but without the strange artifacting (if that's the right word). https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/high-contrast/djcfdncoelnlbldjfhinnjlhdjlikmph
- (2018-11-25) Raymond Sterling: thanks a million for this. i've been using it for quite some time now. The only "but" is that sometimes if there is an horizontal scrollbar it flickers and I have to deactivate for the page. Not sure what is causing it
- (2018-11-03) Антон Савельев: First up, the automatic inversion leaves text too crisp contrast, probably something is wrong with how true type interacts with this inversion Second, and more important, for some reason this extension absolutely kills all performance on pages that have recaptcha. The moment I press the recaptcha, the page is unresponsive for 15-25 seconds. I tried enabling and disabling all my extensions and narrowed it down to this one.
- (2018-11-01) Harsheel Saraiya: I love the ability to choose various levels of dimming settings. Works really well and have been using it for more than a year now.
- (2020-03-12, v:0.7.7) Rob Shaunaghy: Issue with F12 toggle
The default toggle for the extension is Shift+F11, however pressing Shift+F12 also seems to invert colors as well. This is a major issue for me as I use Shift+F12 as my OBS recording toggle meaning that whenever I start recording in OBS it inverts the colors back to their normal brightness which can only be undone by pressing Shift+F12 again (which stops the recording). Why do Shift+F11 and Shift+F12 BOTH invert the colors? And is there a way to stop this from happening?
- (2020-03-09, v:0.7.7) Nathan Koszuta: Inverts backgrounds that are already dark
So far I like the extension, but there's one major (or at least I consider it major) issue with it. When you invert a page that's already dark or has both dark and light background sections, it inverts the dark sections making them light. It would be good if backgrounds are inverted only if their color intensity is over a certain threshold. An example an already dark page that inverts to light: https://adventofcode.com/2019 A couple examples of pages with both light and dark backgrounds are YouTube in theater mode and the image viewer on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminance#/media/File:TealightLuminanceImage.jpg
- (2020-01-02, v:0.7.7) zachary habrat: Why can't i use dim and invert luminance at the same time?
You can only either choose dim, or invert luminance bot not both. I would like to use the dim on top of the invert luminance please to make my screen darker.
- (2019-11-19, v:0.7.7) Joe wut: Black screen when typing in Chrome
I have started seeing an issue where the entire monitor will turn black when typing in some text fields. Very strange behavior, but I have been able to replicate it and when I use the Shift+F12 shortcut the screen lights back up so I determined its Deluminate causing the problem. It is an auxiliary monitor, and it doesn't happen if I set the monitor to my Main Display. Hope this helps.
- (2019-09-30, v:0.7.7) Phương Lê: Ứng dụng không tải được
tôi không thể tải được , ứng dụng cứ báo lỗi
- (2019-08-30, v:0.7.7) Joshua Chandra: Google Sheets background stays white despite Keep Images Normal
It'd be nice if the background to Google Sheets could be black with Keep Images Normal turned on.
- (2019-03-16, v:0.7.7) haploide allel: 4 issues here:
1 - Extension makes computer run extremely sluggish on for instance sites as wikipedia. All 4 cores (i5) 100% loaded... 2 - Lots of white spaces still left; can click but doesn't work most of the time. 3 - Flickering at some sites. 4 - Text gets uglyfied, when extension invoked...
- (2019-03-15, v:0.7.7) Danny Crasto: slow
If I run this on pages like jira or a jenkins server page thats dynamic, It unusable because it's sloooow. I have to disable the plugin.
- (2019-03-09, v:0.7.7) Backup settings
Hi, I love your extension! I am trying to migrate all my Deluminate settings to a second chrome account with another email connected to it, and without using the inbuilt chrome account sync. Using different mail accounts means no way to sync the extensions and their settings between accounts. Google aren't making it easy for us to do this... In the Deluminate options page I see all my saved site customizations, and would have loved some simple way to directly edit these settings for the extension, or just import/export the saved data from/to some text file. I copied my setting by marking them and then Ctrl C, saved them as a backup in a text file and tried to find the correct file in the chrome extension folder (running Win 8.1 here) to just paste the data, but had no luck finding the file where to paste it. Could you pinpoint me on where/what file to edit (if possible to Ctrl V the data, that is)? Or even better - add some import/export functionality) :-)
- (2019-02-28, v:0.7.7) Антон Протасов: Мерцание вертикальной прокрутки.
Появляется вертикальная прокрутка и мерцает, например на странице www.google.com. Работать не возможно.
- (2019-02-22, v:0.7.7) A.N. Rahman: Screen flickering
In any web page when I try to zoom in to read the text the screen flickers rapidly every second. Can you please look into the matter since its tad annoying
- (2019-01-20, v:0.7.7) Enable inverted pdf reading
Please enable brightness-invertion for viewing .pdf files in Chrome which are stored locally and not accessed through the internet.
- (2018-12-29, v:0.7.7) Lena Smith: Some docs print with black background
If I print preview a doc in chrome (like a pdf) and then hit print, it prints inverted; black background and white text.... bye bye toner. :( This surprised and dissapointed me). It would be nice to not have to toggle the extension off to print.