Use a keyboard shortcut to open links incognito.
This plugin allows you to use a key combination and click to open a link in an incognito window. If you open links incognito several times a day, this plugin can be a great time-saver. The default key combination is Shift + Meta + Click. It can be changed via the Options page. Whether the new tabs open in a new window each time or in the same window can also be configured. The Meta key could be the Command Key (on Mac), the Win Key (on Windows), Context/Menu Key (on Linux) or any other system determined key.
- (2021-02-07) iannn nn: Works well.
- (2016-06-02) Paul Kang: super boss; works great. what's a meta key anyway? (not that i use it)
- (2015-10-02) Jeremy Cahill: Works nicely. The extra bit of design effort put into the configuration page hasn't gone unnoticed. CRX matches github source and does not appear to be riddled with malware... yet. ;) Am submitting some issues on github re: extended keymapping options, reverse functionality in incognito mode (open link in normal window), etc.
- (2015-09-25) Nacho: Great app that works for incognito browsing. It would be lovely if you could solve my worst annoyance, which is wanting to open a currently visited page (in Standard mode) in Incognito. Now, I have to press Ctrl+Shift+N, get back to the Standard windows, and copy or drag the URL to the Incognito Window. Many thanks
- (2018-07-30, v:2.0.0) Victor Bocharsky: Scary permissions
During installation Chrome asks to allow "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit" - this sounds scary, can't it require less permissions?
- (2016-08-07, v:1.5.0) Mike G: Test works but not otherwise
Is there anything that could interfere with your App? If i test , any of the combination hotkeys work fine but if i save a link as a shortcut to my desktop, i cannot get anything to work as it should Does Chrome need to be opened already to a regular page? Even that doesn't work when I tested though. If I COULD find a way to do this, it is a much needed ability. Thanks
- (2016-03-30, v:1.4.0) Matthew Eng: Key-ncognito does not work on OneTab page?
The Key-ncognito extension does not work the OneTab page created by OneTab to house all the saved tabs. Is this because the OneTab page is a file/extension page? If so, would you please consider adding that as a feature in the next update? Thanks.