Multi Layout Manager allows you to set up and save windows layouts to reload later.
Arranging layouts every time you need to do your tasks can be extremely time consuming. LexisNexis Layout Manager makes it extremely easy to remember all your Chrome windows and layouts positions in multiple or single screens. When the installation is finnished, you will see the LexisNexis Layout Manager icon on the top right corner of your browser. Arrange your Chrome browser layouts as you wish, click the Lexis Nexis Layout manager, give it a name to added it to the list. To open your saved layout, click Layout Manager, and select the name gave your layout from the saved layouts list. Enjoy.
- (2023-07-06) Matt Smith: Was using an inferior plugin that would only save one layout. Found this one and I'm happy as a lark. Works great, even on multiple monitors. The only thing I've noticed is that windows are never maximized to fill their screens. They are close, but not quite maximized. It would be nice to have a setting where we can specify that. Also - you might want to check into something. After installing I'm getting an odd windows notice every few minutes that I've never seen before saying Scan To Computer is no longer working. I double checked my printers scan to a network folder feature and it works fine. So I'm not sure if maybe this is unrelated, but it seems odd that it just popped up after installing. UPDATE : Rating lowered 2 stars because on three ocassions now it has randomly "lost" some of my tabs. It won't even open a browser for those tabs. I have my setup with multiple browsers on multiple screens, each with a tab open to a different location. The plugin normally works great opening up to 5 (the most i've tried) browsers with 5 different sites. But every so often it just forgerts a couple of the browser windows and I have to rebuild the profile for that set. Frustrating.
- (2023-03-10) Dan Nichols: fantastic
- (2022-06-29) BadBunny: I have wanted a way to automagically load all my browser tabs on start-up to my different monitors and into their different positions on each monitor for years now and this little extension is EXACTLY what I wanted! A big thank you to the creator!
- (2022-02-18) João Mello: EXCELENTE ferramenta para quem abre instâncias e abas do Chrome com sites pré-definidos, mesmo com configurações para mais de uma tela. Simples e objetivo, esse plugin é exatamente o que eu procurara!
- (2021-05-06) Frank Theodore: Please add keyboard shortcuts to launch specific layouts. That would be the holy grail of productivity. This is really helpful. Thank you.
- (2021-03-13) Ben Izadi: Exactly what I wanted. I'm trading in stock market and I needed 8 tabs split in 2 screens. you made my life 100 times easier man. thanks you :)
- (2021-01-20) Matt Gorgun: What an incredible extension, I think this would be a staple if more people knew it existed, I randomly searched for it thinking there's no way it exists. I love how it restores the layout on multiple monitors. I use it daily. Roadmap item suggestion: I'd love to see a way to update an existing layour or re-organize layouts. However this is just a suggestion and it's amazing as is, nothing short of 5 star. Thanks for creating and sharing this.
- (2020-08-15) John Cox: Seems to have an issue with multi-montior setups, all windows are restored on primary screen even if they were on other screens when the layout was saved.
- (2020-08-15) FakeTradeGuru: So good!
- (2020-08-01) Some Guy Online: This is a great plug, the only issue is that it creates new windows instead of resisting the existent; so if I created a layout with 2 windows, then move one of those windows, and use the plug, it will create an cloned instance, in the right position, of the window that was moved, but not killed or resize the changed window.
- (2020-03-18) Arran Coole: Good if you use 1 desktop, but I use multi virtual desktops and it saves across them all. When I restore it restores them all in one desktop.
- (2019-09-11) Flourishing Weee: It's a nice extension but I really wish it would save the exact positions and dimensions of the windows. Unfortunately the windows aren't exactly where they should be when I reopen them. They are always a couple of pixels smaller and a couple of pixels off on the Y and X axes. So, it kinda works, but if you need precision like me, it's not good enough.
- (2019-07-26) Jason Fetherland: Huge time saver for someone that uses the same layouts frequently. I typically have 50 tabs open at any given time. This allows me to keep them organized and right where I want them without having to set it up manually each boot up of the machine.
- (2019-05-20) Core Team: Awesome extension!
- (2019-03-16) Sam Abdow: Hi this is great. Can I please ask a question? Where is the Layouts saved exactly? If I wanted to import this to another PC ... Thanks
- (2019-01-25) Joseph Paniagua Türich: Works! Just what I was looking for and easy to set up. This extension would be perfect if a layout could be automatically loaded up at chrome start-up
- (2018-10-11) Nathan Hammond: Exactly what I was looking for. What a time saver. Can't wait to for the next update(s) as I like all the ideas mentioned for the roadmap. I need to open 6 windows on my 3rd display to monitor our server and network traffic. This is ideal for that. It's also great for lots of other uses.
- (2018-01-30) chapsueyochentanueve: It works! I can now open my chrome layout for internet browsing with a single click of the mouse.
- (2017-07-28) Xi Zander: Genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2023-08-09, v:1.5) kawa saky: can the extension enforce the true coordinates of the windows?
Could be possible to add a hard check on the coordinates and window size when using it? I for example, set chrome tabs on -16 pixels on the upper part of the screen so I don't have a huge bar of absolutely nothing. For example, on a 2560x1440 monitor using your extension to open 2 windows of the exact same size one on each side, I would want the chrome 1 window to start on the position 0 -16 and be 1456 pixels of height and 1280 wide, the second would start on 1280 -16 for the same size with this extension, chrome open the first window on maybe 2,2 coordinates, with a height of 1430, leaving empty space around the window on every window opened as it doesn't enforce the true coordinates of the windows were the group was created.
- (2022-04-01, v:1.5) Michael: Error When Attempting to Open New Layouts
I am not getting any response from the extension when attempting to open newly created layouts. When I attempt to inspect the extension, I am told about an error in the "windows.create" part of the execution.
- (2021-03-23, v:1.5) 金井作: Chrome group tab
Please add function to work with Chrome group tab feature. Thank you so much.
- (2020-03-16, v:1.5) Linh Nguyen: Can you open source it?
Hi Paulo, thank you for your amazing extension, can you open source it so everyone can contribute new features? It's been years from your last update though.
- (2020-03-05, v:1.5) Tom Bidson: Multi Desktop
Hi Can you make it to also save which virtual desktop in Windows 10, the browser was at. This is major feature. Thanks.
- (2020-02-24, v:1.5) Dave Gittins: Multiple GNOME workspaces
Hi, I like the plugin a lot. However I can't use it for my intended use case because windows on multiple GNOME workspaces are all placed on the current workspace when I load a layout. I would be happy with either: 1. Save only saves windows in the current workspace, Load restores them to current workspace 2. Save remembers windows from all workspaces and which workspace they were on, Load restores windows to all workspaces
- (2020-02-03, v:1.5) Jenn Christine: Use on multi computers
I would love to login and be able to use these layouts on other computers. A premium feature maybe?
- (2019-09-11, v:1.5) Flourishing Weee: Positions are off
Hi, thanks for your extension, it's pretty cool. Unfortunately it doesn't reopen the windows exactly like they were on my PC. They are always a couple of pixels off on the X and Y axes and a little smaller. Is there any way to fix that or is there a limitation that prevents these things to be precise? Thanks
- (2019-07-26, v:1.5) Jason Fetherland: Keyboard shortcuts?
Would it be possible to add keyboard shortcut assignment to layouts? I would like to be able to use my el gato stream deck to launch layouts with 1 press. My current workflow is using virtual desktops on W10. I have a different layout saved for each of the virtual desktops so I would like to be able to have the stream deck launch chrome pause then perform the shortcut to load that layout. I have been enjoying the current version of layout manager for 2 years now and it is fantastic and a huge time saver. Thanks!
- (2019-06-18, v:1.5) Mads Juul: Close All open Windows before loading Layout
I was wondering if it is possible to add a setting where "Multi *Layout Manager" is closing all open Chrome windows/tabs before loading a layout? Thank you for a great app. Best Mads
- (2019-03-16, v:1.5) Sam Abdow: Where is the file saved?
Hey where is the profile of Multi Layout manager saved? If I want to change my PC / upgrade or move locations in the future I want to keep the same settings page layout thankyou to be transferred
- (2018-09-14, v:1.5) Brendan DeBrincat: Export layouts
It would be great if we could export saved layouts to a text file. I want to backup my layouts.
- (2018-08-09, v:1.5) Stefano Marchetti: Edeting saved layout
Being able to edit saved layout would be great!
- (2018-07-16, v:1.5) 金井作: Multiple monitors
Hello thank you for this great app. When I save the windows with multi monitor(x4)some windows shift to the side. I'm alighning all the window to the corner of the monitors.
- (2018-06-10, v:1.5) Peter Stollreiter: Can't open save tabs
Click on one of my saved sessions does nothing...so I can't reopen my save session! This did work before...seems to have changed in the last few days...
- (2018-05-01, v:1.5) Cannot Open Extensions
Extensions on Samsung Chromebook are listed on address bar, but cannot open. Just get a comformation that I have added to Chrome and page with "overview, reviews... etc" tabs but cannot open extension itself?
- (2018-03-27, v:1.5) Achiya Elyasaf: Update Layout
First thanks for the great app. I would like to suggest to add a button for updating a layout. When I restore a layout and then change a few thing inside this layout I want to just update the old layout instead of deleting the old one and creating a new layout with the same name. Another "easier to implement" suggestion: If I create a layout with a name that already exists - overwrite the old one. Thanks again.