Split Screen made easy. Resize the CURRENT tab and tabs to the RIGHT into layouts on separate windows. w/ Multi Monitor Support.
For a more easily readable description please visit: https://github.com/peterdotjs/tab-resize ***** Version 2.3.0 -------------------------- Added default shortcut keys for: Ctrl + Shift + Z: Undo Last Resize Ctrl + Shift + 1: 1x1 Resize Ctrl + Shift + 2: 1x2 Resize Ctrl + Shift + 4: 2x2 Resize Can still be changed through shortcut key menu. Version 2.2.0 -------------------------- Added support for shortcut keys and scaled split screen layouts. Version 2.1.1 -------------------------- HIGHLIGHTED TABS NOW CAN BE RESIZED (not only tabs to the right) - when 2 or more tabs are highlighted, only these tabs will be considered for resize. In Chrome, you can select multiple tabs by clicking on tabs while holding down the Ctrl (Command for Mac) key or select a range of tabs by holding down the Shift key and clicking. Version 2.1 -------------------------- Added support for multiple monitors, left and right alignment, empty tab mode, drag and drop to rearrange layouts and highlighted tab mode. Fully supports Windows, Mac and Linux OS. ***** @everyone that's liked it, thanks a lot for the support! I'm really glad you guys found it useful. You're pretty much the motivation continuing to build and improve the extension. =) This extension will not resize within the same tab (multiple panes with only ONE url bar). Other Chrome extensions with multiple panes in one tab have security limitations (i.e. you can't see any https site like Gmail or Facebook). With these types of extensions you also won't be able to access any of your favorite extensions on the individual panes. Tab Resize has none of the limitations listed previously because it splits tabs into separate windows. Thanks for checking it out! =) Cheers, Peter Video DEMO ---------------------- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFHl98nAV04 If you like it please rate it and if you have any feature requests, questions or bugs you file it here: https://github.com/peterdotjs/tab-resize/issues?state=open What -------- ✓A simple extension designed to provide ease in resizing your tabs. A set of default layouts are provided but you can add and remove from the list of layouts to fit your needs. With multiple monitor support you can move windows from one screen to the next with ease. ✓Has the functionality of Tab Scissors and much much more! Why ------- ✓Manually resizing windows is no fun. ✓You have a very large monitors and have more pixels than you know what do with. ✓Quick side by side comparisons. How it works ------------------- ✓The selected/highlighted tab along with all tabs to the right of it will be considered. Whether you have more or less tabs than are needed the extension will resize only the available tabs. ✓Undo button will undo the previous layout resize. You can only perform undo once at any time. ✓In 'single tab' mode, only the selected/highlighted tab will considered. Only the current window/tab will change in size, all other tabs to the right will be ignored. ✓In 'empty tab' mode, new windows with empty tabs will be created if there are not enough tabs to fill your selected layout. ✓You can select left or right alignment for your resize ✓You can create your own custom layouts within reason and reset to default configurations if desired. Layouts are sorted most recently created on top right. ✓Click and hold on any layout and drag to rearrange order to your liking ✓Highlighted tabs now can be resized - when 2 or more tabs are highlighted, only these tabs will be considered for resize. Credit goes to F.C. for the idea. In Chrome, you can select multiple tabs by clicking on tabs while holding down the Ctrl (Command for Mac) key or select a range of tabs by holding down the Shift key and clicking. Additional Notes ------------------------ Only tab/window id info is being used; browsing activity is not. Tabs and browsing activity access are bundled together. "tabs" permissions is one of the least invasive permissions that are available. Browsing activity you should note is NOT the same as Browsing History. "Browsing activity" means the current tabs that are open not your previously closed tabs. This permission is required because this extension needs to manipulate and move tabs around (an essential feature of this extension) If you feel uncomfortable with this basic permission please don't install it. Giving it a bad review because you don't understand or like the permissions doesn't do anything productive. All my code is open sourced on github (https://github.com/peterdotjs/tab-resize) so feel free to look at how I'm using this permission. It's good to be informed and understand the permissions of any extension you install. For more chrome permission information go here: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/declare_permissions Anonymous usage tracking (# clicks on the different resize options) is used to improve the extension and user experience. You can opt out in the options menu.
- (2022-06-01) Samuel Doring: Disappointed to not be able to choose the exact size of a widow for dev testing purpose while it seems that the tool has all the options to do it.
- (2022-04-17) samuele gg: Non funziona bene. La finestra corrente si divide correttamente, ma apre automaticamente una nuova finestra per intero senza dividersi. Suggerisco, invece, l'estensione "Split Screen for Google Chrome" che funzione bene. ______________________________________ It does not work well. The current window splits correctly, but automatically opens a whole new window without splitting. Instead, I suggest the "Split Screen for Google Chrome" extension which works well.
- (2022-04-16) Adem kökay: Her şey çok güzel Allah razı olsun işleri kolaylaştırıyor. fakat bir özellik ekleyebilirsen çok daha güzel olacak. farklı sayfaları ve bunların içindeki sekmeleri de seçebilmek çok güzel olurdu. eline sağlık
- (2022-04-13) Mike Vinsel: This is the best tab resizer I have tried... I really like that it has an undo command to put all tabs back where they started.
- (2022-04-07) profcfuller: Not multiple tabs in one window, just opens a new window...we already know Microsoft+left
- (2022-03-03) Jimin Park: This extension is so useful especially on mac because the automatic multi-window on Mac is quite nonexistent. It's just so easy to split windows and it's a total game changer for how I use Chrome.
- (2022-02-06) ジード: 使い勝手がよく大変お世話になりました。
- (2022-01-26) Pat MySecret: 5/8/21 I prefer Tile Tabs WE for its simplicity in splitting screens and more readily identifiable icon, but this extension has other useful features. It's more for someone, likely graphic artists, webpage creators, and presentation makers, who have an unusual need to size tabs to exacting sizes. 1/26/22 Tried again. Nice, but there were little gap spaces, and my extension icons, that I was all ready to use, vanished as long as in use. Anyways, glad I listed my former favorite, ..that's my kickback for doing these reviews.
- (2022-01-15) Neema Naiaghi: It's good and gets the job done kinda useless tho!
- (2021-12-03) makoto harada: good split tab! I'd like to need CENTER Align, Please put on♪ Please next Version.
- (2021-11-11) Pete Mitchell: I'm running three 32" monitors...two horizontal and one vertical. I'm also using Mouse Without Borders ...sharing my mouse and monitors on two computers. This app runs ok for a few minutes...and then crashes my system. I uninstalled, and re-installed three times. Perhaps it doesn't work with my setup. Wish it would work...I really like what it's supposed to do. Unfortunately it doesn't.
- (2021-10-31) Alicia Garcia: Loving the multiple screens at once!
- (2021-10-26) very useful to my needs. I like it.
- (2021-10-20) Seth Bullis: What an excellent and useful extension. This should be built into chrome OS. Having 4 tabs open is now possible on a small Chromebook.
- (2021-10-04) Reem Alkhaldi: perfect app It's great when working.
- (2021-09-06) Philippe GODEFROY: Complètement inutile. SI GC est ouvert avec 4 onglets, l'extension n'éclate pas la session en 4 fenêtres avec un onglet par nouvelles instance, mais l'onglet courant avec 4 fenêtres vides. En plus CTRL Shift 4 c'est avec le 4 de l'apostrophe pas celui clavier numérique Complètement nulle cette extension. Du coup je retire C'est dingue comment des gens peuvent perdre bêtement leur temps à faire n'importe quoi. Alors qu'il serai tellement plus pratique et intéressant d'avoir tous les onglet ouverts en une seule page façon vignettes.
- (2021-08-17) Lester L. Carey: GREAT JOB,,,, PETER. THANK YOU !
- (2021-08-06) Mat Bee: Doesn't seem to do anything other than open another instance of chrome.
- (2021-07-17) Aleksandar Maletić: Just what I needed!
- (2021-07-01) Tammi L. Coles: Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you, too, for creating the explanatory video. Makes it very clear how to use it and even gave me ideas for how I might apply it in other cases. Really grand!
- (2021-06-24) Rubén UI: no muestra dos pestañas en la misma ventana, sino que abre una nueva
- (2021-06-19) Yt Maxsiat: its helped me a lot, thanks Peter !
- (2021-05-30) Rubem Pacelli: I loved it!
- (2021-05-01) Jakub Halavin: This is the feature I loved in Vivaldi. It is not as smooth as in Vivaldi, but that is not a big deal.
- (2021-04-06) eret 9616: great app
- (2021-03-24) Sonic The Hegehog: hmm seems fishy https://imgur.com/a/WBvJ61L
- (2021-02-25) FieryCoyote: It works perfectly and is great for doing work
- (2021-02-22) Crée des fenêtres sur le bureau de Windows, ne réorganise pas les onglets côte à côte dans la fenêtre principale de Chrome (Edge dans mon cas).
- (2021-02-21) Salynew Sn: I love it so much. It useful and fast to see multi tab at the same time
- (2021-02-20) IronWingsShops: Great tool! Easy to use. Various applications are obvious. Thanks much!
- (2021-02-16) YT_PUPZ-_ Pup: its relly good i use it for school and my home work!!! ITS RELLY GOOD TRY it.:>
- (2021-02-16) MARIA DE LOS ANGELES CABALLERO HERNANDEZ-PIZARRO: útil y sencilla... Muy necesaria para docencia online... me estaba volviendo loca encando el google team con las presentaciones!!! Y los atajos, sobretodo para anular, muy útiles!! Muuchas gracias
- (2021-02-04) zahra angie: Awesome perfect app
- (2021-02-03) Jack Koomans: Just pops up a new windows. No Spits, not intuitive on how to make it split. Bad product.
- (2021-02-02) Bayram AKGÜL: Çok kullanışlı.
- (2021-01-31) Showvik Sizan: Awesome extension. Exactly as advertised. Works great on multiple monitors.
- (2021-01-28) Lam Duong: Excellent and easy to use.
- (2021-01-22) George Hyman: really good works well so far
- (2021-01-15) Antonio Manno: Straordinaria e App per gestire più finestre. Utilissima per le videochiamate con Meet, ma funziona anche offline. Preziosa per gli insegnanti, ma anche agli alunni, che possono seguire la presentazione aprendo, a parte, un'altra finestra dove prendere appunti in diretta. Garantisce la privacy e si può anche disattivare l'invio di dati in forma anonima. Grazie!
- (2021-01-11) Konstantin Tulupov: Causes errors and other problems in google docs. I couldn't work!
- (2020-12-29) Kenneth Tse: Not bad. It is easy to use.
- (2020-12-29) moi lois: great app
- (2020-12-22) 納豆: 重宝しているのですが分割したウィンドウの周囲に空白の隙間が発生します。
- (2020-12-08) Mylene Larouche: pas bon
- (2020-12-02) Ευάγγελος Πουπάκης: Perfect! Very useful!
- (2020-12-02) Christos G: Very simple to use, customize and well...it just works :o) Awesome, thank you!!
- (2020-11-25) AXR: Ctrl+n and ALT+[ or ] on chrome will almost do this with no gap and menu to close. with as many key strokes. It would be nice if the setting menu that pops up when you click on the extension would hide once the tabs layout are selected or better yet it would not open again every time once you selected your layout. Also nice if you could select which 2 tabs (that are open) you need to display side by side.
- (2020-11-15) Claudia Multineddu: Proprio quello che cercavo!
- (2020-11-09) Tomas Kramer: great
- (2020-11-09) Johnny Sun: absolutely perfect, maybe make the interface prettier though
- (2021-12-27, v:2.3.5) Sherman Shank: duplicate option
could you add a duplicate option when splite tab? sometimes, just want to open same URL in left and right side to side to easy compare the context. thanks.
- (2021-08-17, v:2.3.5) Johann Rangel: Do you have instructions on how to get started?
I just downloaded the extension but can not figure out.
- (2021-03-19, v:2.3.3) Patrizia Caruso: ogni volta che ci clicco mi apre piu finestre ma non mi sdoppia lo schermo
ogni volta che ci clicco mi apre piu finestre ma non mi sdoppia lo schermo
- (2021-03-19, v:2.3.3) David Ivey: Chrome Groups
Hi. Cool tool, nd maybe I missed something in the setup, but when I split to two windows, and then undo, all the groups I created for pages are removed. Thanks.
- (2021-02-02, v:2.3.3) Ignacio Corellano: kiosk mode
Hi, we are tryng you extension, we like it very much, but we have a question? does it work on kiosk mode? thank you for your time Nacho
- (2021-01-19, v:2.3.3) Daniela Cappello: tab recize
Ho eliminato i riquadri di tab recize e non riesco più a dividere lo schermo Cosa posso fare per ritornare a prima?
- (2021-01-16, v:2.3.3) smitman sarabara: How to reverse split screen on Samsung Chromebook 3 ?
How to reverse split screen on Chromebook 3 (Samsung) ??
- (2021-01-03, v:2.3.3) Dnt Seafood: contact an app developer for help
- (2021-01-01, v:2.3.3) jaume escanellas: Reading history permissions
I would love to use this extension in my work, it would be life-saving, but there is no way I can accept others reading my browser history.
- (2020-12-30, v:2.3.3) Irma Quintavalle: A me non funziona
Ho un Thinkpad Lenovo: a me apre tante finestre separatamente, non affiancate: perché ?
- (2020-12-16, v:2.3.3) Hock-Kei Chau: Possible to resize multiple tabs at same time?
Hi, If I switch to the 2x1 layout (top half and bottom half) is it possible to horizontally resize them at the same time?
- (2020-12-16, v:2.3.3) Bhuvana Rajamani: Tab resize for android
In mobile/tab, it's showing as added to desktop but I couldn't access it
- (2020-12-15, v:2.3.3) Shelby Lawrence: Offline install
Would you happen to have an offline installer to install your extension? I have several PCs in a production environment that we have the Chrome Store blocked through group policy but would like to use you Tab Resize.
- (2020-11-20, v:2.3.3) Pulkit Bhardwaj: why does this plugin need to access my browser history?
why does this plugin need to access my browser history?
- (2020-11-17, v:2.3.3) Sons of Odin Co: Tabs not splitting my screen any longer!
Hi guys i've been using this app for ages and I love it, but today I need to use it and sometime between yesterday and today it no longer works! When I press the extension it just keeps one window - I cannot open a new tab on the other side of the screen (it just moves all my current tabs to the left or right without the option of a new window on the other side). Any ideas?
- (2020-11-08, v:2.3.3) sonia marotta: Non posso scaricarla su iPad?
Ho scaricato Chrome e Google e Meet e Classroom ma non posso scaricare tab resize... eppure ho l’account.... sono impedita io o esiste qualche impedimento per il nuovo iPad? Grazie
- (2020-10-12, v:2.3.3) Tina Childress: Resized windows align too high on the screen
I have a MacBook Pro (early 2015) and recently, I have noticed that when I use this extension, it will fill the page lengthwise but heightwise, it's a little too tall and I only see the bottom of my tabs. I then have to select my window, bring it down a bit and make the window shorter. This defeats the purpose of this app having to resize manually. I've checked the options and don't see any kind of fix. Help? Thanks.
- (2020-09-09, v:2.3.3) code lazar: Display
Can you make it so one screen overlaps the other but it's small? Basically what facetime looks like with two people. I can resize the tabs on Chrome but when I click on the big one it covers the little one. I was wondering if this is possible because I would like to be able to watch something in the corner while I'm doing work on the big tab. Please and thank you! :)
- (2020-08-26, v:2.3.3) Jonathan Holmes: Is there a way to disable the keyboard shortcuts?
When I use the extension, I like to click on the extension icon to specify exactly what I want to happen. However, more often, I accidentally trigger one of the keyboard shortcuts, while attempting to execute some other command not related to the extension. This is quite a nuisance. Given I had no desire to use the keyboard shortcuts, I'd like if there were an option to disable these, so they they don't intrude in my work. Many thanks for your work on this!
- (2020-08-17, v:2.3.3) Avishai Chelouche: duplicate
Thank you for a great extension. I would like to create a short cut in which a student will 1) enter his/her khan academy account or assignment, 2) will run split tab which will duplicate the page and split screen in one side will have the original and in the other a google translate version of it 3) as student will progress through the questions web pages will continuously change on both original and translated
- (2020-07-26, v:2.3.3) Jonathan Garber: Undoing the resize
I am wondering about returning to full page. I have mulitple tabs open and split so I can see two pages at once. I will use the undo button or, even more conveinent, use the control Z fuction to return to full page but often, it only returns some of the split screen tabs and leaves the rest on the split screen. Thanks!
- (2020-06-19, v:2.3.3) Irma Quintavalle: Apre nuove finestre separate
Ho il ThinkPad di Lenovo e a me TabResize non funziona, mi apre nuove finestre separate ogni volta che clicco. Grazie
- (2020-05-21, v:2.3.3) Teresa Johns: can't use this while incognito
This works fine with regular screen, but cannot make it work while incognito and I need to for the Google Ed certification. Please help asap! Thanks!
- (2020-05-08, v:2.3.3) Salvatore Di Bella: tab resize split screen layouts
I have a Windows 10 pro operating system, when I activate the resize tab, I get this message:ATTENTION: Please Read Before Using This extension will not resize within the same tab (multiple panes with only ONE url bar). Other Chrome extensions with multiple panes in one tab have security limitations (i.e. you can't see any https site like Gmail or Facebook). With these types of extensions you also won't be able to access any of your favorite extensions on the individual panes. Tab Resize has none of the limitations listed earlier because it splits tabs into separate windows. Apologies if you've read the description or watched the demo already - with many of the past reviews that have been left I hope you understand why I've added this popup.
- (2020-04-09, v:2.3.3) Tom Dietvorst: Can I send money?
I use this extension daily. I would like to show my appreciation.
- (2020-04-06, v:2.3.3) Ine Smith Guttormsen: Access to read browsing history
Why does this extension need access to read my browser history?
- (2020-04-05, v:2.3.3) Shruti Solanki: Tab Resize Extension
Hi, Is it possible to get this extension in a 3x3 mode? Meaning, if I have 9 tabs selected, then it should open 9 windows in a side by side fashion. Thanks, SS
- (2019-12-20, v:2.3.3) Andrew Bank: I don't get it
I installed this on Chrome (79.0.3945.79) on MacOS 10.15.2 (most current) but I don't see any of the options that I saw in the video and illustrations. How do you get to those settings in order to set up layouts? When I click on the TabResize icon in the toolbar, I get the pop-up notice about "This extension will not resize within the same tab (multiple panes with only ONE url bar). Other Chrome extensions with multiple panes ...." I'm not sure if this precludes me from using this extension or not. Can you explain?
- (2019-10-23, v:2.3.3) Tim Weaver: Multi-screens
I run Chrome OS on a Chromebox withtwo screens. Can I use this extension to fix which screen a shortcut will open on please? If so how do I do it?
- (2019-09-11, v:2.3.3) Mason Yates: Zapier Integration
I would like to send an email, and have two url's populate the split screen once they click a url. Can this work? Would love your help! :)
- (2019-09-09, v:2.3.3) Kevin McKeever: Stopped working last week
On Friday, September 6th I set this up on a computer and it worked great. I have been using it for a long while and it's worked fine. For some reason today, it's not working on the other computer and, as it turned out, mine either. Perhaps there was some kind of update Friday that messed this up? When I click any of my custom 2x3 or 2x4 buttons, it resizes the entire window to the size of 1/6th or 1/8th of my monitor, as though it was sizing and making room for the rest to spread the tabs out, but it never does. The tabs all stay in the first window which was resized.
- (2019-07-31, v:2.3.3) vivek patel: run 2*2 tab resize in single click
i need to run 4 windows in single click no need to do every time resize
- (2019-06-11, v:2.3.3) Lynn Bennett: Exiting out of split screen
Hello! Love how the app splits my screen, but how do I undo the split without ending up with 1 tab in a separate window? I'd like to undo the split and have both tabs go back to the same window as it was before I did the split.
- (2019-05-24, v:2.3.3) Logan Aguirre: problems
you did great my only problem is it is too great to explain
- (2019-05-08, v:2.3.3) Antonio Hernandez: wonderful
cool app man
- (2019-04-14, v:2.3.3) data tankup: Full screen video function...or F11...but limited in split window...!?
In next dev, could it be possible to click full screen on video or F11 feature of one web page...but "full screen" only in the resize area of the split windows by "Tab Resize - split screen layouts" , for example in the case of each quarter size of screen combination, maybe by some options in settings...!? Datatankup
- (2019-02-17, v:2.3.3) Shortcuts using the fn keys? (Chrome on Mac OS)
I was hoping to use the function keys for shortcuts (Chrome on Mac OS) but it doesn't seem possible.