Split Screen made easy. Resize the CURRENT tab and tabs to the RIGHT into layouts on separate windows. w/ Multi Monitor Support.
For a more easily readable description please visit: https://github.com/peterdotjs/tab-resize ***** Version 2.3.0 -------------------------- Added default shortcut keys for: Ctrl + Shift + Z: Undo Last Resize Ctrl + Shift + 1: 1x1 Resize Ctrl + Shift + 2: 1x2 Resize Ctrl + Shift + 4: 2x2 Resize Can still be changed through shortcut key menu. Version 2.2.0 -------------------------- Added support for shortcut keys and scaled split screen layouts. Version 2.1.1 -------------------------- HIGHLIGHTED TABS NOW CAN BE RESIZED (not only tabs to the right) - when 2 or more tabs are highlighted, only these tabs will be considered for resize. In Chrome, you can select multiple tabs by clicking on tabs while holding down the Ctrl (Command for Mac) key or select a range of tabs by holding down the Shift key and clicking. Version 2.1 -------------------------- Added support for multiple monitors, left and right alignment, empty tab mode, drag and drop to rearrange layouts and highlighted tab mode. Fully supports Windows, Mac and Linux OS. ***** @everyone that's liked it, thanks a lot for the support! I'm really glad you guys found it useful. You're pretty much the motivation continuing to build and improve the extension. =) This extension will not resize within the same tab (multiple panes with only ONE url bar). Other Chrome extensions with multiple panes in one tab have security limitations (i.e. you can't see any https site like Gmail or Facebook). With these types of extensions you also won't be able to access any of your favorite extensions on the individual panes. Tab Resize has none of the limitations listed previously because it splits tabs into separate windows. Thanks for checking it out! =) Cheers, Peter Video DEMO ---------------------- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFHl98nAV04 If you like it please rate it and if you have any feature requests, questions or bugs you file it here: https://github.com/peterdotjs/tab-resize/issues?state=open What -------- ✓A simple extension designed to provide ease in resizing your tabs. A set of default layouts are provided but you can add and remove from the list of layouts to fit your needs. With multiple monitor support you can move windows from one screen to the next with ease. ✓Has the functionality of Tab Scissors and much much more! Why ------- ✓Manually resizing windows is no fun. ✓You have a very large monitors and have more pixels than you know what do with. ✓Quick side by side comparisons. How it works ------------------- ✓The selected/highlighted tab along with all tabs to the right of it will be considered. Whether you have more or less tabs than are needed the extension will resize only the available tabs. ✓Undo button will undo the previous layout resize. You can only perform undo once at any time. ✓In 'single tab' mode, only the selected/highlighted tab will considered. Only the current window/tab will change in size, all other tabs to the right will be ignored. ✓In 'empty tab' mode, new windows with empty tabs will be created if there are not enough tabs to fill your selected layout. ✓You can select left or right alignment for your resize ✓You can create your own custom layouts within reason and reset to default configurations if desired. Layouts are sorted most recently created on top right. ✓Click and hold on any layout and drag to rearrange order to your liking ✓Highlighted tabs now can be resized - when 2 or more tabs are highlighted, only these tabs will be considered for resize. Credit goes to F.C. for the idea. In Chrome, you can select multiple tabs by clicking on tabs while holding down the Ctrl (Command for Mac) key or select a range of tabs by holding down the Shift key and clicking. Additional Notes ------------------------ Only tab/window id info is being used; browsing activity is not. Tabs and browsing activity access are bundled together. "tabs" permissions is one of the least invasive permissions that are available. Browsing activity you should note is NOT the same as Browsing History. "Browsing activity" means the current tabs that are open not your previously closed tabs. This permission is required because this extension needs to manipulate and move tabs around (an essential feature of this extension) If you feel uncomfortable with this basic permission please don't install it. Giving it a bad review because you don't understand or like the permissions doesn't do anything productive. All my code is open sourced on github (https://github.com/peterdotjs/tab-resize) so feel free to look at how I'm using this permission. It's good to be informed and understand the permissions of any extension you install. For more chrome permission information go here: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/declare_permissions Anonymous usage tracking (# clicks on the different resize options) is used to improve the extension and user experience. You can opt out in the options menu.
- (2020-06-29) Raymundo M. Rosales: Great application 5 out of 5....
- (2020-06-23) Pipi Brasci: superb for my fx charts
- (2020-04-10) lulu 14: J'arrive pas à enlever l'écran coupé en deux, help me !
- (2020-04-08) Cédric: Technically, Windows 10 does exactly the same thing... No need at all an extension... So... Useless. Uninstall...
- (2020-04-06) Sergie Monks: работает хорошо но млин, CPU HIGH 100%
- (2020-04-02) 더드림: 화면이 분리되는것이 아니라 창이 몇개 더 띄어짐 그냥 크롬 몇개 띄우는 것과 같음
- (2020-04-02) David O.: This extension worked great for years, now when you go to undo the split screen the Chrome browser will crash every time. Not good, I will find an alternative if this is not fixed.
- (2020-03-30) 凰敵七: 简单的设置选项, 简洁舒适的UI. 实用
- (2020-03-30) Phan Quốc Bảo: very helpful. i love it
- (2020-03-29) Carlos Cerezo: Really useful and stable. Congratulations.
- (2020-03-23) Furkan Ismail Karakus: Welp just by the first click it crashed my Chrome session so ..
- (2020-03-22) Marc Miller: Love it. Well done Sir!
- (2020-03-21) Hannah MK: I loved it until recently. I can split the screen, but I cannot return to a single display without restarting my computer. I deleted it because it was consuming too much time.
- (2020-03-19) Elvis Presly: Just the best. It is what I need
- (2020-03-03) Sangam Kumar: Watch video on YouTube for more information Youtube link : https://youtu.be/XGVq_FVGFwE
- (2020-03-03) Simon Spitzmüller: Danke für dieses tolle Tool! Genau was ich brauche.
- (2020-03-01) Ian Skillen: Excellent extension. I recently bought a 21:9 wide screen monitor and having the ability to have four open tabs side by side across the screen is incredibly useful - a definite time saver and aid to productivity. Thank you for taking the time to develop this.
- (2020-02-17) Will Weatherford: Very useful tool.
- (2020-02-05) Billy Bernardus: Great extension!
- (2020-01-31) George Smart: I had to play around with it after downloading to understand how it works. However, I found that it works great. I would say 90% of the time I forget I have apps for certain functions and they never get used. This app, because of its wonderful features, I use daily with many screens shown at once. I can do research from multiple sources, compare my notes, and have my work in Google Doc on screen all at once. I never give 5 stars or top score in my review of anything because there is always room for improvement. However, this app delivers what it claims to offer, functions without flaw, and assists in productivity (and fun sometimes) at different age, education, and job levels. Thank you Mr. Shin for developing and offering such a useful tool.
- (2020-01-23) Giuseppe Sgandurra: Only the current tab is resized and the others are separated but not resized! This way it is completely unuseful... what a pity!
- (2020-01-18) I like it. helps review multiple instances of the same web site improving productivity
- (2020-01-16) Vincent Yee: it's good
- (2020-01-15) Andrew Williamson: Love this extension it works perfectly and now with the how to video on youtube I know how to use it more effectively. Well done!
- (2020-01-14) Luc Godfroid: Hello, En voilà une d'extension qui vient de m'épargner bien des neurones et d'huile de coude, articulations... Vraiment, elle fonctionne très bien, en tout cas avec un seul moniteur. Cordialement.
- (2020-06-19, v:2.3.3) Irma Quintavalle: Apre nuove finestre separate
Ho il ThinkPad di Lenovo e a me TabResize non funziona, mi apre nuove finestre separate ogni volta che clicco. Grazie
- (2020-05-21, v:2.3.3) Teresa Johns: can't use this while incognito
This works fine with regular screen, but cannot make it work while incognito and I need to for the Google Ed certification. Please help asap! Thanks!
- (2020-05-08, v:2.3.3) Salvatore Di Bella: tab resize split screen layouts
I have a Windows 10 pro operating system, when I activate the resize tab, I get this message:ATTENTION: Please Read Before Using This extension will not resize within the same tab (multiple panes with only ONE url bar). Other Chrome extensions with multiple panes in one tab have security limitations (i.e. you can't see any https site like Gmail or Facebook). With these types of extensions you also won't be able to access any of your favorite extensions on the individual panes. Tab Resize has none of the limitations listed earlier because it splits tabs into separate windows. Apologies if you've read the description or watched the demo already - with many of the past reviews that have been left I hope you understand why I've added this popup.
- (2020-04-09, v:2.3.3) Tom Dietvorst: Can I send money?
I use this extension daily. I would like to show my appreciation.
- (2020-04-06, v:2.3.3) Ine Smith Guttormsen: Access to read browsing history
Why does this extension need access to read my browser history?
- (2020-04-05, v:2.3.3) Shruti Solanki: Tab Resize Extension
Hi, Is it possible to get this extension in a 3x3 mode? Meaning, if I have 9 tabs selected, then it should open 9 windows in a side by side fashion. Thanks, SS
- (2019-12-20, v:2.3.3) Andrew Bank: I don't get it
I installed this on Chrome (79.0.3945.79) on MacOS 10.15.2 (most current) but I don't see any of the options that I saw in the video and illustrations. How do you get to those settings in order to set up layouts? When I click on the TabResize icon in the toolbar, I get the pop-up notice about "This extension will not resize within the same tab (multiple panes with only ONE url bar). Other Chrome extensions with multiple panes ...." I'm not sure if this precludes me from using this extension or not. Can you explain?
- (2019-10-23, v:2.3.3) Tim Weaver: Multi-screens
I run Chrome OS on a Chromebox withtwo screens. Can I use this extension to fix which screen a shortcut will open on please? If so how do I do it?
- (2019-09-11, v:2.3.3) Mason Yates: Zapier Integration
I would like to send an email, and have two url's populate the split screen once they click a url. Can this work? Would love your help! :)
- (2019-09-09, v:2.3.3) Kevin McKeever: Stopped working last week
On Friday, September 6th I set this up on a computer and it worked great. I have been using it for a long while and it's worked fine. For some reason today, it's not working on the other computer and, as it turned out, mine either. Perhaps there was some kind of update Friday that messed this up? When I click any of my custom 2x3 or 2x4 buttons, it resizes the entire window to the size of 1/6th or 1/8th of my monitor, as though it was sizing and making room for the rest to spread the tabs out, but it never does. The tabs all stay in the first window which was resized.
- (2019-07-31, v:2.3.3) vivek patel: run 2*2 tab resize in single click
i need to run 4 windows in single click no need to do every time resize
- (2019-06-11, v:2.3.3) Lynn Bennett: Exiting out of split screen
Hello! Love how the app splits my screen, but how do I undo the split without ending up with 1 tab in a separate window? I'd like to undo the split and have both tabs go back to the same window as it was before I did the split.
- (2019-05-24, v:2.3.3) Logan Aguirre: problems
you did great my only problem is it is too great to explain
- (2019-05-08, v:2.3.3) Antonio Hernandez: wonderful
cool app man
- (2019-04-14, v:2.3.3) data tankup: Full screen video function...or F11...but limited in split window...!?
In next dev, could it be possible to click full screen on video or F11 feature of one web page...but "full screen" only in the resize area of the split windows by "Tab Resize - split screen layouts" , for example in the case of each quarter size of screen combination, maybe by some options in settings...!? Datatankup
- (2019-02-17, v:2.3.3) Shortcuts using the fn keys? (Chrome on Mac OS)
I was hoping to use the function keys for shortcuts (Chrome on Mac OS) but it doesn't seem possible.