Split Screen made easy. Resize the CURRENT tab and tabs to the RIGHT into layouts on separate windows. w/ Multi Monitor Support.
For a more easily readable description please visit: https://github.com/peterdotjs/tab-resize ***** Version 2.3.0 -------------------------- Added default shortcut keys for: Ctrl + Shift + Z: Undo Last Resize Ctrl + Shift + 1: 1x1 Resize Ctrl + Shift + 2: 1x2 Resize Ctrl + Shift + 4: 2x2 Resize Can still be changed through shortcut key menu. Version 2.2.0 -------------------------- Added support for shortcut keys and scaled split screen layouts. Version 2.1.1 -------------------------- HIGHLIGHTED TABS NOW CAN BE RESIZED (not only tabs to the right) - when 2 or more tabs are highlighted, only these tabs will be considered for resize. In Chrome, you can select multiple tabs by clicking on tabs while holding down the Ctrl (Command for Mac) key or select a range of tabs by holding down the Shift key and clicking. Version 2.1 -------------------------- Added support for multiple monitors, left and right alignment, empty tab mode, drag and drop to rearrange layouts and highlighted tab mode. Fully supports Windows, Mac and Linux OS. ***** @everyone that's liked it, thanks a lot for the support! I'm really glad you guys found it useful. You're pretty much the motivation continuing to build and improve the extension. =) This extension will not resize within the same tab (multiple panes with only ONE url bar). Other Chrome extensions with multiple panes in one tab have security limitations (i.e. you can't see any https site like Gmail or Facebook). With these types of extensions you also won't be able to access any of your favorite extensions on the individual panes. Tab Resize has none of the limitations listed previously because it splits tabs into separate windows. Thanks for checking it out! =) Cheers, Peter Video DEMO ---------------------- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFHl98nAV04 If you like it please rate it and if you have any feature requests, questions or bugs you file it here: https://github.com/peterdotjs/tab-resize/issues?state=open What -------- ✓A simple extension designed to provide ease in resizing your tabs. A set of default layouts are provided but you can add and remove from the list of layouts to fit your needs. With multiple monitor support you can move windows from one screen to the next with ease. ✓Has the functionality of Tab Scissors and much much more! Why ------- ✓Manually resizing windows is no fun. ✓You have a very large monitors and have more pixels than you know what do with. ✓Quick side by side comparisons. How it works ------------------- ✓The selected/highlighted tab along with all tabs to the right of it will be considered. Whether you have more or less tabs than are needed the extension will resize only the available tabs. ✓Undo button will undo the previous layout resize. You can only perform undo once at any time. ✓In 'single tab' mode, only the selected/highlighted tab will considered. Only the current window/tab will change in size, all other tabs to the right will be ignored. ✓In 'empty tab' mode, new windows with empty tabs will be created if there are not enough tabs to fill your selected layout. ✓You can select left or right alignment for your resize ✓You can create your own custom layouts within reason and reset to default configurations if desired. Layouts are sorted most recently created on top right. ✓Click and hold on any layout and drag to rearrange order to your liking ✓Highlighted tabs now can be resized - when 2 or more tabs are highlighted, only these tabs will be considered for resize. Credit goes to F.C. for the idea. In Chrome, you can select multiple tabs by clicking on tabs while holding down the Ctrl (Command for Mac) key or select a range of tabs by holding down the Shift key and clicking. Additional Notes ------------------------ Only tab/window id info is being used; browsing activity is not. Tabs and browsing activity access are bundled together. "tabs" permissions is one of the least invasive permissions that are available. Browsing activity you should note is NOT the same as Browsing History. "Browsing activity" means the current tabs that are open not your previously closed tabs. This permission is required because this extension needs to manipulate and move tabs around (an essential feature of this extension) If you feel uncomfortable with this basic permission please don't install it. Giving it a bad review because you don't understand or like the permissions doesn't do anything productive. All my code is open sourced on github (https://github.com/peterdotjs/tab-resize) so feel free to look at how I'm using this permission. It's good to be informed and understand the permissions of any extension you install. For more chrome permission information go here: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/declare_permissions Anonymous usage tracking (# clicks on the different resize options) is used to improve the extension and user experience. You can opt out in the options menu.
- (2020-01-18) Mike Natale: I like it. helps review multiple instances of the same web site improving productivity
- (2020-01-16) Vincent Yee: it's good
- (2020-01-15) Andrew Williamson: Love this extension it works perfectly and now with the how to video on youtube I know how to use it more effectively. Well done!
- (2020-01-14) Luc Godfroid: Hello, En voilà une d'extension qui vient de m'épargner bien des neurones et d'huile de coude, articulations... Vraiment, elle fonctionne très bien, en tout cas avec un seul moniteur. Cordialement.
- (2019-12-19) David Thatcher: This is a great extension! After using tab scissors for years and it becoming a bit sketchy this year (2019) I took some time and tested "Tab Resize - Split screen layouts" and it is much better! I have already created a 1 x 3 for making 3 vertical tabs of equal size which is what I have always wanted for my 21:9 ratio (very wide) monitor, (Res: 2560 x 1080). Thank you to the developer, I watched the video which was very helpful.
- (2019-12-19) YodaGirl04 A. S. N.: It's just as easy to use as I wanted it to be, so 5 stars to the developer!!
- (2019-11-30) krazy sheep002: isn't that already available in the windows update?
- (2019-11-27) ULISES BERZAL TARIN: Espectacular!!! Sería ideal que los navegadores lo trajeran de serie...
- (2019-11-25) jc zhang: great
- (2019-11-20) Szilárd Szalai: Recently splitting the tabs leaves some open space between the windows. Could you please look into that & fix it?
- (2019-11-14) Paul Thompson: I use this app everyday. I have an Ultrawide monitor and th 7:3 gives me work space on the left with reference on the right. I also use 3 fixed columns when comparing options/products. The only thing I would like is a 25%:50%:25% vertical split but you can't have everything, it can just get too cumbersome. Thanks to the developer for such a useful extension.
- (2019-10-24) Denis Sharov: Хорошая штука, но Tab Mesh делает тоже самое и исчезает после действия, потому перешёл на него.
- (2019-10-20) 초연: Very Good!! I must Item for multi moniter or split browger monitor~!! Thank you ~!
- (2019-10-15) Gordon Zhang: solve my problem as web developer need multi windows
- (2019-10-10) Ben: Seems like it could be useful. Just annoying that not all space is used efficiently. There are large gaps between windows.
- (2019-09-16) Andre van Kammen: It immediately unpinned all my pinned tabs and just makes 2 chromes next to each other. Wel thanks but no thanks. I was hoping for two address bars in the same tab, but guess that isn't possible without having too much rights which would be a security issue.
- (2019-09-14) Vincent F Yue: Good work, but the private tab/window is not included?
- (2019-09-12) Taylor Green: easiest most simple tab re-sizer
- (2019-09-09) Kevin McKeever: This extension worked for about 6 months. For some reason after Friday, September 6th, the extension no longer works. It resizes the main window to the size of one of the windows that are supposed to be there and doesn't relocate any tabs. It just sits there. Did Google Chrome get an update that screwed this up???
- (2019-08-22) yeahboyyah: i mean it does what it says.
- (2019-08-16) Matt Ryan: Brilliant. Makes working on a laptop so much quicker. Three suggestions: 1) have a user check option to move the current tab, as well as tabs to the right, across on ctrl + shift + 2 2) have a user check option to rebundle all tabs, as well as full size them, on ctrl + shift + 1 3) introduce shortcuts to shuffle tabs within existing bundles. this would be so handy prior to tab splitting
- (2019-08-01) Lei Xu: nice Chrome extension ！
- (2019-07-29) Luis Díaz: Excelente Extensión.
- (2019-07-29) Li Yuk Kui Johnny: 在Chrome上非常好用，現在的顯示器都非常大，超實用。 希望樓主可以在設定裡加入，如雙開的時候，可以自訂義左右的大小(例如我想左邊大、右邊小)
- (2019-07-18) AIM GLOBAL GAMBIA INC Alas Ngerr: cool
- (2019-12-20, v:2.3.3) Andrew Bank: I don't get it
I installed this on Chrome (79.0.3945.79) on MacOS 10.15.2 (most current) but I don't see any of the options that I saw in the video and illustrations. How do you get to those settings in order to set up layouts? When I click on the TabResize icon in the toolbar, I get the pop-up notice about "This extension will not resize within the same tab (multiple panes with only ONE url bar). Other Chrome extensions with multiple panes ...." I'm not sure if this precludes me from using this extension or not. Can you explain?
- (2019-10-23, v:2.3.3) Tim Weaver: Multi-screens
I run Chrome OS on a Chromebox withtwo screens. Can I use this extension to fix which screen a shortcut will open on please? If so how do I do it?
- (2019-09-11, v:2.3.3) Mason Yates: Zapier Integration
I would like to send an email, and have two url's populate the split screen once they click a url. Can this work? Would love your help! :)
- (2019-09-09, v:2.3.3) Kevin McKeever: Stopped working last week
On Friday, September 6th I set this up on a computer and it worked great. I have been using it for a long while and it's worked fine. For some reason today, it's not working on the other computer and, as it turned out, mine either. Perhaps there was some kind of update Friday that messed this up? When I click any of my custom 2x3 or 2x4 buttons, it resizes the entire window to the size of 1/6th or 1/8th of my monitor, as though it was sizing and making room for the rest to spread the tabs out, but it never does. The tabs all stay in the first window which was resized.
- (2019-07-31, v:2.3.3) vivek patel: run 2*2 tab resize in single click
i need to run 4 windows in single click no need to do every time resize
- (2019-06-11, v:2.3.3) Lynn Bennett: Exiting out of split screen
Hello! Love how the app splits my screen, but how do I undo the split without ending up with 1 tab in a separate window? I'd like to undo the split and have both tabs go back to the same window as it was before I did the split.
- (2019-05-24, v:2.3.3) Logan Aguirre: problems
you did great my only problem is it is too great to explain
- (2019-05-08, v:2.3.3) Antonio Hernandez: wonderful
cool app man
- (2019-04-14, v:2.3.3) data tankup: Full screen video function...or F11...but limited in split window...!?
In next dev, could it be possible to click full screen on video or F11 feature of one web page...but "full screen" only in the resize area of the split windows by "Tab Resize - split screen layouts" , for example in the case of each quarter size of screen combination, maybe by some options in settings...!? Datatankup
- (2019-02-17, v:2.3.3) Shortcuts using the fn keys? (Chrome on Mac OS)
I was hoping to use the function keys for shortcuts (Chrome on Mac OS) but it doesn't seem possible.