Stay safe online with WOT, the ultimate website security and safety check extension
- (2023-09-26) El Pingüino Frio: it used to be a good extention, but right now they try to sell me paid subscriptoin in the most predatory and dishonest way: faking progress bar, make non-sentual claims etc
- (2023-09-23) p2wap3: I was using it for years as websites trust worthy indicator but now it became annoying with its pushy "Try WOT Premium For Free" window. You can't even reach settings of this extension, because you get a window "try it for free" which you just can't close (there is literally no way to close it) If there are some options for free, why I have to submit a credit card!? They target users that will subscribe and forget to cancel
- (2023-09-20) Shiloh Reading: Has steadily gotten worse as they relentlessly push their premium subscription. No longer trustworthy.
- (2023-09-18) Freddy Williams: Мало людей пишет отзывы а так очень полезно сразу бы почетал отзывы не попал бы
- (2023-09-09) Mike Zupan: This is a predatory extension with a shady history of not protecting your collected data. It constantly tells you "Your browser is not protected. Go Premium to unlock ultimate digital protection." I know that I am protected by other security programs, so WoT insinuating that I am not protected is a straight up lie to incite fear into less tech savy people, coercing them into purchasing their paid product. It's a scam.
- (2023-09-06) Валерий Ермолаев: Торрент-сайт с майнерами это приложение выдало как за надёжный сайт, указав рядо =м с ним зелёную галочку. Но это чистейший обман. Сразу же удалил это поделие!
- (2023-08-20) Atharaw Dwivedi: it was prtty good but when i tried to like see which brower is bad it was no telling so i what the issue to be fixed
- (2023-08-20) courtel: so when you uninstall and click "it's not free" as an option, the feedback is that "it is free" with an optional premium package. to be entirely honest, it's a pet peeve of mine when something is advertised as free but everything is a premium feature. when you first install it, there's a couple steps before you go to the main dashboard, and after one of them, the only way to continue that i saw is to click a free trial button which is also weird. i get that generally the website blocking and such might be free but i'd prefer to get another entirely free extension for that. please just advertise this as a primarily paid extension, good god. as someone going into compsci/app development, the ux seems so horrifically thought through by the developers that i can't imagine why the ratings are so good (other than people obviously being paid to write good reviews.) overall, stumbling across this was pretty frustrating & i believe the other reviewers saying this seems sketchy. don't waste your time unless you want to pay for premium, and even then, i wouldn't trust it to not be a scam.
- (2023-08-18) Иван Мощенко: Супер Отлично То что надо
- (2023-08-11) Олег К: За последний год функционал сильно пострадал. Было просто приложение с понятными критериями оценки. Сейчас же вообще непонятно, куда нажимать, чтобы поставить оценку или написать комментарий. Да оно зачастую вообще не работает, после нажатия просто вечная загрузка интерфейса. В настоящий момент работоспособность сомнительна
- (2023-08-10) 松村嘉亮: 詐欺のECサイトが普通に安全として評価されているので、 この機能拡張は全く信用できません。
- (2023-08-03) Владимир Пчелко: Мой браузер не безопасный? Что за бред? У меня уже установлен блокировщик рекламы. Разработчики WOT бредят?
- (2023-07-26) Александр Воронков: Помойка, а не расширение.
- (2023-07-21) Steven: Haven't had any security warnings for any dodgy pages and have tried to find some. It used to be a great plugin but the time has come to finally get rid and find something new. I have so much free opensource protection blocking malware and malicious domains and IP addresses that this plugin is basically useless to me now. I have installed TrafficLight to at least have a warning symbol in the toolbar that doesn't ask for money every time I click it. Shame, I used to love WOT and recommended it to many people but I haven't recommended it in a long time which goes to show my lack of appreciation for the plugin. In my opinion, it died off years ago. No I won't contact you by any means to discuss how to improve. Read the rest of the reviews and re read my review if you want to find out our gripes with the plugin.
- (2023-07-16) Dennis Childs: i love it
- (2023-07-05) Richard Taylor: RIP - WOT. Trust has ALL GONE!!! Yet ANOTHER pay to be safe extension. If the site's are paying more? Then your protection has gone. Uninstalling now. I have more common sense than these guys have things right!
- (2023-06-29) J H: can't stand the malware-like pop-up ads. after years of use (during which it only offered mild protection), finally uninstalling and moving on to traffic light. remember that time wot was removed from the chrome store? maybe it will happen again and we'll all be better off.
- (2023-06-25) Ronen: Too many paid popups
- (2023-06-06) Таня Иванова: Замечательный проект.Всё хорошо, работают быстро и без лишних проблем/
- (2023-06-05) HÜSEYİN BAL: şaçma sapan hareket ediyor hiç güvenverici değil.
- (2023-05-30) Shameen Azeez: I've used this extension since 2008 (16 years!), it has some good early warning signs to stop you clicking bad links, and display a warning page if the site you're about to visit has an extremely poor security rating. However over the past year or so, features have been removed and replaced with adverts to upgrade to their premium subscription, and now I feel like this is more Adware than anything else, so sadly I will be uninstalling this for good. Perhaps this extension is still good when paid, but I have only used it on the free tier.
- (2023-05-26) Lautaro Martinez: le doy 2 estrellas por que te dice si una pagina es segura pero promocionan muy agresivamente el plan premium
- (2023-05-23) Alexander Mohr: Gotta love a company that spends several years harvesting user data for websites, to then flip a sub when they've got plenty of data. Perfect example of what companies do with you data behind the scenes. No telling what else they've scraped and sold to third parties outside of user reviews. Great app idea, time to bail though. Not like it was giving great results recently anyway. 90% of searches had one, maybe two active reviews. Then they decided to do popups and push their premium added "services", so no real reason to keep it around. If you're bailing, I suggest getting uBlock origin if you don't have it already. It's stopped me from many sites WOT decided were safe. I see other recent replies from the dev advising someone who found a unreviewed site to be told "Sorry about that, you can report it tho!" ... That should be your job now, not the users. No excuse to charge premium services and not do the work your app is suppose to do yourself. Trash.
- (2023-05-20) Misophoniq: Misleading practices. Plugin finds so called "security issues" on an isolated system with every possible security measure in place. Obviously, you are redirected to a page to pay money to have these non-existing issues removed.
- (2023-05-13) Владислав Пустовалов: Отлично помогает понять безопасный или вредный
- (2023-05-11) Дмитрий Шах: Работало через раз, теперь вообще перестало. При нажатии на иконку ничего не происходит.
- (2023-05-04) Parag Sharma: Does provide some useful WOT rankings while surfing the net
- (2023-05-02) Djelloul nassim: cet extension est pratique elle fait son travail comme il se doit
- (2023-04-28) Henrique Alves: Pq tá tudo em russo?!
- (2023-04-27) samsung ya: Не удается получить доступ к сайтуПроверьте, нет ли опечаток в имени хоста app.mywot.com. и так по кругу, отстой
- (2023-04-20) vin zheng: I like it and all but now, whenever I click the extension, it just shows a 35% off discount thing. And whenever I click the "x," it just exits out the extension. Please fix this
- (2023-04-14) ok ok: невозможно написать ни один отзыв, при побликации отзыва выдает ошибку и выкидывает из аккаунта, и так по кругу, мошенники !!!!!!!!!
- (2023-04-07) 9-B Nithinvas V.P: Very good
- (2023-03-31) Life: Отличное приложение пользуюсь около 10 лет
- (2023-03-24) Anna Lerner: Полагаюсь на рекомендации. Очень полезно знать, куда не следует заходить.
- (2023-03-21) Василий Усов: все ОК !
- (2023-03-18) Вячеслав Ровнов: Ерунда. Требуют подписку за бесполезные функции. Оценки подсчитаны от балды, к действительностям сайта не имеют никого отношения
- (2023-03-18) Андрей Осипов: Впечатления хорошие, теперь я могу быть спокоен за свои данные. Разработчики, благодарю вас.
- (2023-03-13) Farid: Смысл от бесплатной версии, если нет значка репутации сайта? в помойку
- (2023-03-11) Mark B: Installing and using the extension for the first time gives a bad impression by doing some dubious security scan to sell you a subscription. From an effectiveness standpoint, it didn't flag newer phishing sites that I tested it again other than noting there was no information. I suppose that's the idea in terms of judging by community reputation, but just because a site doesn't get a red or yellow icon doesn't mean it's safe. Also, the community reputation model can breakdown when the rated site is controversial such as those belonging to political figures. For example, one website I checked of a sitting elected official was marked as 18+ and gruesome. The site was just fine but it seems opposition partisans wanted to make it look bad.
- (2023-02-22) The Non Smoker: Very useful <3 But very sad to see its now getting paid :(
- (2023-02-08) Fusion “Zachrysia” Developer: Never rely on 1 thing. Always be skeptical and always hesitate to click on new websites. As with everything, there are new Phishing websites published several times a day. No single service will let you know about all of them. WOT is no exception. However, the more programs you have to warn you about KNOWN websites, the better off you will be. WOT is a good service for helping people remember that not all websites are good.
- (2023-02-01) Серый Гром: Робит и бесплатная
- (2023-01-14) MaxWatch: Incroyablement efficace ! Cette extension montre bien que même les sites à l'air le plus innocent peuvent cacher de mauvaises surprises... Je me demanderais presque pourquoi Google ne propose pas de l'ajouter par défaut !
- (2023-01-13) Not Here: Great extension. Only problem is a lot of features are behind a paywall.
- (2023-01-12) BOED_YT: After the Addon button is pressed in, only comments, tracking, and management protection are displayed. It is inconvenient to press it in and view it in a new window😡! Instead of the Addon window, I like the previous version better! rotten!
- (2023-01-11) Владимир Бондаренко: Спасибо создателям этого расширения, очень полезно для людей. Необходимая информация для предупреждения пользователей от мошенников и нечестных на руку интернет предпринимателей. Пользуйтесь опытом знающих людей, изучайте и делитесь своим опытом бесплатно. Плантые версии расширения предоставляют больше услуг и возможностей
- (2023-01-06) Ausente A.: It was great
- (2023-01-03) Ayman Mahrous: good
- (2023-01-03) J Ryan: What happened? This used to be simple, to the point, and stayed outta your way. Was there a corporate buyout or something because now profiteering seems to be front and centre at the expense of user experience. The moment the extension is installed you're brought to a permissions screen for information collecting, followed buy a fake "scan of your system" all to advertise their new paid subscription models offering extra "security" features you don't need. If you wanna advertise, be upfront about it. Give the person the choice from the get-go. These advertising tactics are tacky and a major turnoff from the product. Keeping it around for now while I consider better alternatives as it still seems to function as it always has done otherwise.
- (2018-04-04, v:18.104.22.168) Tyler Humphreys: Breaks thumbnails on reddit redesign.
On the new reddit design (new.reddit.com when logged in) thumbnails do not work when WOT is enabled.
- (2018-04-03, v:22.214.171.124) Максим Анархистов: Login
I cant login
- (2018-03-31, v:126.96.36.199) replay
- (2018-03-28, v:188.8.131.52) Angelica Enriquez Garcia: como usarlo
ya lo descargue no se como usarlo
- (2018-03-27, v:184.108.40.206) francine taillebois: naytrade.top
commande faite et débitée mais aucun envoi
- (2018-03-24, v:220.127.116.11) Элифас Наследник: Вход в учётную запись
Невозможно войти в свою учётную запись в расширении в Google Chrome.
- (2018-03-20, v:18.104.22.168) Christopher Bernhardt: Can not log in
Hi. I am having an issue login into the extension. I can log in via the website but when I enter my details into the extension, it will continue to load and never log in.
- (2018-03-05, v:22.214.171.124) Вход в учётную запись
Я не могу войти в свою учётную запись в расширении в браузере Google. Не могу зарегистрировать новый аккаунт.Если не трудно, пишите на: [email protected]
- (2018-03-01, v:126.96.36.199) Sean McCallum: Send new password recovery email fails within extension menu
I was trying to write a review for a site and just noticed I don't have my WOT password stored in my password manager, so I used the "Forgot" option within the extension, and I didn't receive an email. After going to the WOT home website and doing it from there, I did receive the email. Feel free to contact me if you need any more information.
- (2018-03-01, v:188.8.131.52) W)T
For the past month, most of the webpages show a Grey WOT circle instead of green. What does this mean?