Search for numbers that are greater or less than a given number (your input).
Search for numbers that are greater or less than a given number (your input). I highly recommend assigning cmd+shift+F as a keyboard shortcut. See instructions at the bottom of this description. Every now and then I find myself on a website with a long list or grid of items that doesn't provide the sorting options I'd like. Trying to scan through the items can be difficult giving the large quantity of data. Number Search helps your eyes skim through lots of numbers, by highlighting all numbers that are greater or less than your given input. You have no idea how excited I am to finally publish this extension! Hope you find Number Search as useful as I do! ------------------------------ USE CASES Example 1 — Google's TLD Pricing: Google provides a long list of the TLDs they support, along with pricing. However, you can't sort by price. So if you want to quickly scan through and find all TLDs that are less then $15, you could use Number Search. (https://support.google.com/domains/answer/6010092?hl=en) Example 2 — Land Book Hearts: Land Book is a hand-picked list of recent website designs. You can sort by date, or popularity (hearts), but what if you just want to skim through and find the most popular of the recent designs? Use Number Search to highlight any number over 20, then scan through the recent items. (https://land-book.com/) Example 3 — Spoonflower Pattern's Hearts Spoonflower sells custom fabric and they have a whole marketplace where people can sell their own fabric pattern designs. Hovering over a pattern, you can see how many people have "hearted/liked" the design. Using Chrome's developer tools, you can unchecked the "display:none;" for the bar of info that would only display on hover. Ok. Now you can see all the number of hearts each design has. You can now use Number Search to highlight all numbers over 800, thus allowing you to quickly find the popular designs among the best selling. This is what originally spurred me to start developing this extension. I was researching what designs styles were most successful on Spoonflower as I was interested in creating some fabric designs. (https://www.spoonflower.com/tags/geometric) ------------------------------ ADD KEYBOARD SHORTCUT 1) Go to chrome://extensions/ 2) Click Keyboard Shortcuts (near bottom of page) 3) Set keyboard shortcut to cmd+shift+F (or your preference) (The keyboard shortcut will open AND close Number Search) ------------------------------ RELEASE NOTES 1.1 — 11/20/17 Increase CSS specificity for highlighted numbers. Fix issue where highlighted numbers were retaining their original color and couldn't be read on a yellow background. 1.0 — 11/03/17 Initial upload
- (2020-12-26) Ammad Hassan: Worst.. It doesn't show anything when you click on it's icon.
- (2020-08-31) ylluminate: This is absolutely one of the most important extensions for web browsers!!!!! I find myself all to often remembering a fuzzy value for some data (eg, there was something that was over 100 that I'm looking for) and there is normally no way to find this. This extension makes it possible to find numeric data based information MUCH more easily. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! Please release the source for this in case Google ever removes this!
- (2018-11-13) Doesn't work for numbers greater than 10,000 or 100,000 please update it
- (2018-05-13) Ahmed Mahmoud: one of the worst extensions that I've ever seen.
- (2018-01-19) Marlon Almeida: Simply does not work. Tried different options for shortcuts and it just doesn`t show the field to input a number to be compared with other values in DOM.
- (2020-08-31, v:1.1) ylluminate: Please release the source for safe keeping!
This is such a valuable extension. I never want to lose it - could you please release the source so that we can install it outside of the webstore in case Google ever destroys it or we need to alter the source to make it work better?
- (2019-02-04, v:1.1) Sirvan Garusi: Problem
??how it works