Removes offensive words from webpages and replaces them with symbols or random words.
Bleep it will scan your webpage for offensive words and replace them with symbols, or random silly words which may make the page quite interesting. I believe this would be a great utility for parents to have enabled while their children are browsing the internet. Offensive words can appear on any webpage! You can add custom words to your personal dictionary; this will enable the word you selected to be censored the next time the page loads. These words will then be tied to your Google account and follow you no matter which computer you are on. To do this, simply highlight the word with your mouse, right-click, and then choose Bleep Word! If you go into the options of the plugin, you can change the program from displaying symbols to random "safe" words. You can also view the words saved in your custom dictionary and make changes to them. This helps if you've accidentally added a word. Please feel free to leave me feedback. This is my first Chrome Extension, so I'm sure you will have plenty of constructive criticism for me. I am excited to hear what you have to say, and I hope you will enjoy using this plugin! ***If you have any issues with the extension, please fill out a bug report with as much detail as possible, and i'll take a look at it.*** Thank you! Michael Sabo If you wish to support this project financially, there is a donate button in the extension options. Regardless, I hope you enjoy it and get some use out of it.
- (2017-03-20) SupaIsaiah016: When I type "lil' bunny so cute" it changes cute to growling, snickafribble, ct, dog, weird, weirdo, and way more. Funny but it can be annoying.
- (2016-11-03) What the f*ck?
- (2015-02-11) Kyli Rouge: doesn't work on any pages I try...
- (2014-08-16) Davis Graham: Works nicely as advertised. I don't see any problems so far.
- (2014-01-27) Aaron Ingebrigtsen: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it does work it likes to bleep out stuff that isn't cuss words, like the t on isn't. O.o
- (2014-01-17) Chloe Mosley: This Extension was awesome. (And to be honest, it still is!) It helped me to cope with the Internet. But then, guess what? It decided to help me a little too good. It censors out everything now, and replaces all words in the page with 1 word. The words in a sentence oddly appear, for an example. "GrowlingGrowlingHiGrowlingGrowlingI'mGrowlingGrowlingChloeGrowlingGrowling" Other then that, the extension is good, but please fix this bug, thanks. P.S You did mighty well for a First Extension. Good job. :)
- (2014-01-12) Nick Bair: This extension is $%!# %@#&@! %@@$!#% @$% %[email protected]& @*#%@! and tear the handlebars off, and you have to get a doctor to pull it out again!
- (2015-06-15, v:1.3) Fernando Fernández: Problemas para censurar palabras en Facebook
(If you need it to be in English, I'd be glad to receive a reply asking for this message to be in English. Thanks) Saludos, equipo de Bleep It! Tengo un gran problema inesperado, que sucede ser que cuando uso Facebook, las palabras que marco como palabras a censurar no se censuran. ¿Acaso el sitio web tiene algún problema de compatibilidad con la extensión o vice versa? Gracias!