Makes sure you stay on google.com and blogspot.com by automatically adding 'no country redirect' ('/ncr') to those URLs
THIS EXTENSION ONLY WORKS FOR BLOGSPOT.COM AND GOOGLE.COM, NO OTHER DOMAINS! This extension makes sure you'll stay on the .com pages for google.com and blogspot.com. This is mainly done by adding the No Country Redirect (NCR) tag for those URLs. In other words it prevents you from automatically being redirected from google.com or blogspot.com to a country code top level domain (ccTLD) like 'google.jp', 'google.co.uk' or what have you got. The extension is an "unredirect solution", it completely stops or avoid redirects from google.com and blogspot.com. So there will be no more Google redirections if using this extension. Some features: - You can disable / enable NCRifying domains in the extension's option page. So if you want to visit a country code top level domain, like google.jp or google.de, instead of google.com, you can disable NCR for google domains. The same goes for blogspot domains (new from version 0.6.1303). - You can open pages in local mode, and incognito mode, for quickly comparing results with and without using this extension (new from version 1.2.1602). - You can whitelist Google domains that you do not want to have "NCRified" (new from version 0.7.1409). A few things this extension don't do: - This location does not change the search region (for details please visit https://github.com/klevstul/NoCountryRedirect/issues/29). - This extension do not change your language preferences to English. If you want to change the language settings for Google products please go to: https://myaccount.google.com/preferences?pli=1#localization (https://myaccount.google.com/preferences) - This extension does not alter location settings (geo location) in any way. *** SOURCE CODE **** The source code for this extension can be viewed at https://github.com/klevstul/NoCountryRedirect *** ISSUE TRACKING **** Issues are located at: https://github.com/klevstul/NoCountryRedirect/issues Issues related versions prior to 1.4 (on the NCR-# format) are found at: https://klevstul.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issues?q=project%3A+NoCountryRedirect *** REVISION HISTORY *** // 2017.11.09 : 1.7.1711 : frode klevstul : started using a customised version of bootstrap for saving space (#30) // 2017.11.09 : 1.7.1711 : frode klevstul : added info about recent changes to google search (#29) // 2017.11.09 : 1.7.1711 : frode klevstul : added additional info on avoiding redirects (#28) // 2017.11.09 : 1.7.1711 : frode klevstul : disable google.org redirects (#27) // 2017.01.29 : 1.6.1701 : frode klevstul : added support for google scholar (#16) // 2017.01.29 : 1.6.1701 : frode klevstul : improved information about "local mode" on options page // 2017.01.29 : 1.6.1701 : frode klevstul : upgraded bootstrap from v3.3.6 to v3.3.7 // 2017.01.29 : 1.6.1701 : frode klevstul : added more information, on options page, for avoiding multiple redirects (#14) // 2017.01.29 : 1.6.1701 : frode klevstul : center aligning input data on options page // 2017.01.29 : 1.6.1701 : frode klevstul : added "cancel changes" button to options page // 2017.01.29 : 1.6.1701 : frode klevstul : updated footer link on options page // 2017.01.29 : 1.6.1701 : frode klevstul : added licence to the plugin (#19) // 2017.01.29 : 1.6.1701 : frode klevstul : updated readme page (#17) // 2016.06.22 : 1.5.1606 : frode klevstul : fixed "save settings" button text bug // 2016.06.22 : 1.5.1606 : frode klevstul : upgraded bootstrap from v3.3.5 to v3.3.6 // 2016.06.22 : 1.5.1606 : frode klevstul : improved popup menu // 2016.06.22 : 1.5.1606 : frode klevstul : misc minor text changes // 2016.06.15 : 1.4.1606 : frode klevstul : improved extension as a result of chrome ui change done in version 49 (#3) // 2016.06.15 : 1.4.1606 : frode klevstul : investigated permission change from "tabs" to "activeTab" - not possible (#4) // 2016.06.15 : 1.4.1606 : frode klevstul : added end user info about encrypted.google.com for avoiding redirects (#8) // 2016.06.15 : 1.4.1606 : frode klevstul : added end user info about our data policy (we store or use nothing) (#7) // 2016.03.11 : 1.3.1603 : frode klevstul : removed option to disable ncr icon as this feature was removed with chrome (NCR-27) // 2016.02.06 : 1.2.1602 : frode klevstul : added options for opening links in local and incognito mode (NCR-14) // 2016.02.06 : 1.2.1602 : frode klevstul : fixed google flights bug (NCR-21) // 2016.01.28 : 1.1.1601 : frode klevstul : added option to disable ncr icon in address bar (NCR-19) // 2015.12.02 : 1.0.1512 : frode klevstul : increased whitelist domains from three to 10 (NCR-15) // 2015.12.02 : 1.0.1512 : frode klevstul : added support for google flights (NCR-16) // 2015.12.02 : 1.0.1512 : frode klevstul : updated links on options page (NCR-17) // 2015.08.04 : 0.9.1508 : frode klevstul : brand new layout on the options page (NCR-13) // 2015.08.03 : 0.9.1508 : frode klevstul : improved code, to completely avoid looping for maps domains (NCR-13) // 2015.08.03 : 0.8.1508 : frode klevstul : fixed bug that prevented user from visiting www.blogspot.xx (example: www.blogspot.fr) (NCR-8) // 2015.08.03 : 0.8.1508 : frode klevstul : fixed code to prevent endless loop (for maps.google.com) (NCR-11) // 2014.09.07 : 0.7.1409 : frode klevstul : added whitelisting functionality (NCR-9) // 2014.09.07 : 0.7.1409 : frode klevstul : introduced code to prevent endless loops (NCR-6) // 2014.09.07 : 0.7.1409 : frode klevstul : added support for domains on the format www.etvanligliv.blogspot.no (NCR-3) // 2014.09.07 : 0.7.1409 : frode klevstul : added support for books.google.tld (NCR-1) // 2013.03.26 : 0.6.1303 : frode klevstul : created options page for chosing what domains to NCRify // 2013.03.26 : 0.6.1303 : frode klevstul : ignoring google logout links (example: https://www.google.[cc]/accounts/Logout2) // 2013.03.26 : 0.6.1303 : frode klevstul : added support for maps.google.xx // 2012.08.21 : 0.5.1208 : frode klevstul : support for google.com.xx and blogspot.com.xx (example: google.com.ua) has been added // 2012.08.23 : 0.4.1208 : frode klevstul : blogspot subdomains containing dashes (like-this.blogspot.in) were not NCR'ified - now fixed // 2012.08.22 : 0.3.1208 : frode klevstul : optimised code using a tab's statusInfo // 2012.08.22 : 0.3.1208 : frode klevstul : main parts of the extension re-written to fix more bugs and clean up code // 2012.08.18 : 0.2.1208 : frode klevstul : found a regexp bug that got fixed // 2012.08.18 : 0.1.1208 : frode klevstul : had forgotten domains on the form .co.uk, .co.id (2x2 tld), so fixed that bug // 2012.08.18 : 0.1.1208 : frode klevstul : disabled the options page for this version, implemented new logos // 2012.08.17 : 0.1.1208 : frode klevstul : started developing an options page // 2012.08.16 : 0.1.1208 : frode klevstul : first working version ready for test // 2012.08.13 : 0.1.1208 : frode klevstul : development started
- (2019-02-12) Wyntau Lau: 简单, 有效, 可靠
- (2019-01-12) Thomas Chan: completely useless, does not stop redirect AT ALL
- (2018-10-04) great
- (2018-08-24) Lewis Horwood: Doesn't work, don't bother.
- (2018-02-18) Te To: do nit work or at list do not have some clear directions on how to make it work
- (2018-02-05) James Appleby: Doesn't work. Tried to access a website, still redirected to UK version.
- (2018-01-23) 김영근: 넘 좋아
- (2017-09-08) Đỗ An Duy: You saved people's lives.
- (2017-08-29) Alice Leon: Awesome!
- (2017-08-18) Thai Le: I have an issue using NCR. When I log into my Wordpress Admin, NCR causes the page slow and unresponsive. When I turn NCR off, the Wordpress Admin page becomes normal and I can continue to work. Please fix this.
- (2017-08-15) Golden Eyes: working good and i love it!!
- (2017-08-09) 윤천: 굳좝
- (2017-07-30) Prinetta: I usually just edit my omnibox to use google.com/ncr, but then I don't get any suggestions. This way I'm able to get them *and* still get English search results. It truly works like a charm, thank you!
- (2017-07-11) truyen thik: quá hay.cám ơn tác giả
- (2017-07-07) QF: Patched
- (2017-07-02) er cat: Voglio effettuare le ricerche su google us ed invece mi ritrovo sempre su google it.
- (2017-06-28) Li Hua: very good
- (2017-06-11) HEEHYEONG PARK: Godbless with you...
- (2017-04-06) Nami WANG: soooooo useful!
- (2017-03-06) Chao Lee: It works on my laptop.
- (2017-02-18) Carlos Patiño: Google NCR is not working since March 2016
- (2017-01-28) Douglas Watson: Does not work for Google Shopping. When deployed oversees, I don't want to see UK specific. I want US specific.
- (2017-01-07) Works great!
- (2017-01-03) yohe Le: good
- (2016-12-27) ji zhou: Recently, I must pass the examination of Google reCAPTCHA with the extension.
- (2019-11-22, v:1.7.1711) Jenn Kim: it doesn't work
I try to go to mulawear.com and it just redirect me to mulawearusa
- (2018-01-08, v:1.7.1711) Jan Thorén: Google.com usa
Hur kommer jag till Google, USA
- (2017-11-10, v:1.7.1711) Clement Liu: Phone?
I installed this app on my Windows Surface. But was unable to install it on my android phone. Help please.
- (2017-11-08, v:1.6.1701) James Walker: are there any tutorials?
How do I use the app? I do not find any clear directions here.
- (2017-10-31, v:1.6.1701) Paisano: doesn't work anymore because of recent change made by google
NCR doesn't work anymore i end up back on my country's version of google because google made this change take a look at this link: https://9to5google.com/2017/10/27/google-search-maps-country-service-tld/ Will you be working on a fix for this change?
- (2017-05-19, v:1.6.1701) Umberto Festa: Not redirected as expected
Hi, I checked google.com in options and set my default country extension to "it" below. I am beghind a spanish proxy, now google redirect me from .es to .com , how can I get a redirect to .it?
- (2017-01-26, v:1.5.1606) Francis Chin: NCR
Once again google sees it fit to disable even this ext.
- (2016-12-19, v:1.5.1606) Bin Corleone: Redirect for new tabs
- (2016-12-04, v:1.5.1606) Bin Corleone: Geo location
By the way, I have previously and before my first post below, changed the search engine url to google.com/ncr but the issue is still there.
- (2016-12-04, v:1.5.1606) Bin Corleone: Google shows based on Geo
Hello Klevstul, A user by the name Ahmed Tarek explained his problem relating to Google's Egypt. I have read both of your posts but it seems that there is a misunderstanding. The extension works in general but Ahmed meant when opening a new tab, google search engine shows by default, but this time, the extension fails to recognize whats going on and google shows based on Geo location. It is the same issue i'm having now. The extension works sweet except for opening a new tab, in that particular moment, google shows as google.com.sa. Thanks for dedicating some time to read this.