Norton™ Family helps you protect your kids so they can enjoy the Internet safely.
- (2021-05-23) Robert Kehr: Seems that it becomes pointless for the web browser monitoring as a child is able to disable the extension. There is no way for a parent to be restrict the access of a child to do this.
- (2021-04-12) DevilAngel2626: I HATE IT IT SUCKS IF I HAD A PAPER WITH THE NORTON FAMILY LOGO ON IT I WOULD BURN IT #NortonSucks
- (2021-03-19) name: we will always get around the controls no matter what you do lol
- (2021-03-15) Sour _: add an option to rate 0 stars too restrictive and breaks trust
- (2021-03-13) Jerusha: It's incredibly annoying. Though with good intention which I appreciate, it keeps pesting me with a permanent pop up asking me to restart my computer. I've lost countless files when accidentally hitting enter when it unfortunately pops up. When giving a reason to visit a website and submitting, it immediately takes me back to the submission page. I don't know whether it's a bug or not, but it hinders my school work and my parents have blocked everything. Even religion even though I'm Christian-. Sounds to me like some cannot be bothered to filter the categories properly which means giving reasons for EVERY website I go to. I've given up at this point and just spam nonsense and move on.
- (2021-03-10) 袁瑞铭: this thing doesn't allow me to go to the things i normally go to for school. I have a million reasons my this is trash. it said "gmail" was a discussion site. It also blocks youtube and i need to use that for school. It's also really annoying when it blocks things that are "uncategorized". I mean if it's uncategorized then how do you know that site it bad? It also says i "disabled it" even though i didn't and then send an alert to my parents and i get blamed for it. And please tell me why reading the bible is not allowed? I just love how the overview says "Norton™ Family helps you protect your kids so they can enjoy the Internet safely" though in reality it makes your kids hate you and do the opposite of "enjoy" #ThisThingSucks
- (2021-01-22) Emilio Olague: CACA
- (2021-01-13) Cc uwu: this thing SUCKS my dad uses it and I cant take it anymore, it keeps uninstalling itself and I keep getting yelled at I'm so sick of this stupid app. #nortonsucks report abuse it so it can get deleted!!
- (2021-01-04) Alice_rabbit: Often times when I send a request for a entertainment website and I get it approved, It takes a while to actually get put in place, and I have to wait. Also at one point it blocked my google slides.
- (2020-12-28) A Arson Gecko.: I really dont like this, yes it can be good for making sure that your device dosent get hacked, but thats IT!! It makes kids feel like they cant trust their parents because their parents dont trust them, dont get this for kids that are older than 9. It blames good websites for bad stuff people write/do on there. please dont get this, it really sucks
- (2020-12-15) un un: Dumb. Go bankrupt, you idiot nether. It allowed my child to get distracted deleting it instead of doing school work. I HATE YOU, NORTON! Go BANKRUPT! Worse, it wouldn't allow me either. HACKER!
- (2020-11-19) Grgur Šarčević: Grozno
- (2020-11-13) Lu Mori: Durou 1 dia até minha filha de 10anos descobrir como burlar a monitoração de navegação dos sites. Ela desligou as extrensões do navegador....péssimo!
- (2020-11-02) Jr Edrich: this sucks it wont let me on facebook so i can talk to my friends #nortonsucks
- (2020-10-27) Naima Khan: Does not work. I have the youtube blocked and it doesn't block it.
- (2020-10-26) OC Ryders: First off, way too many sites are blocked, even the ones that have NOTHING wrong with them. Also Im way too old for my parents to have this for me its good if you want it for little kids but I wouldn't recommend this for any kid whos 9+
- (2020-10-08) kaitlyn: this is stupid
- (2020-09-28) Nate: Keeps showing pop-ups for websites i have never visited, keeps interrupting work
- (2020-09-17) Amara Amadi: it awfulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
- (2020-09-17) supermint: I HATE THIS my father installed this in my pc AND I CANT EVEN ATTEND MY ONLINE CLASS I AM TEENAGER #NORTONISIRRITATING I CANT EVEN GO TO TWITTER OR YOUTUBE
- (2020-09-03) Guacamole_xxDd: However, i was deciding what game to play in Roblox when a notification pop out with a "Reset your password inmediataly" so i did. Then the password was loading and then the change didnt happend due to an error. So i put my normal password and it said "The password is incorrect" I tried several times and nothing. NEVER DOWNLOAD NORTON, ITS A VIRUS CREATED BY PEOPLE WHO THINKS CHILDS ARE STUPID! IT WANTS TO STEAL YOUR INFO!
- (2020-08-07) TU YTPH DE CONFIANZA: es unca caaca
- (2020-07-27) GamfootYT: this stupid extension won't let me go to any social media, and thanks to the creator; THANK YOU SO MUCH NOW I ONLY CAN HAVE MY COMPUTER ONLY A BIT DUE THIS STUPID NORTON BLOCKS MY COMPUTER, MY RATE IS 0.000000000000000001/10, stupid norton holy, AND I MADE A THINK THAT TOOK ME 30 MINS (very much for me) AND THE STUPID NORTON BLOCK POP OUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAA IM UNISTALLING THIS BRO!
- (2020-07-26) Nicolás Alvarez: Excelente
- (2020-07-20) Spmce: It was good and all, But it has taken over my life, I can't access discord, No matter how hard I try to get on discord, Nothing helps
- (2020-06-30) Shawn P: boo
- (2020-06-25) Michael Dadlez: Great to use when your child is on computers to much. Parents can monitor their child's activity, and control how much time they get on their computers. There are a few bugs of course. There are ways your child can turn it off and go around the software. Also, it can get annoying and repetitive if the parent doesn't know how to use it. Be sure you are familiar with the program before putting it on your child's device.
- (2020-04-13) Lucas Elizondo: safa
- (2020-03-30) Mateo: i cant even go on school sites !!!!
- (2020-03-26) maurits meuleman: echt niet fijn
- (2020-02-24) TuhGrapeJuhse: Its good but evreytime i download anything i cant becuase its blocked i hate YHOS
- (2019-12-24) Charlotte G: Norton Family can stop your kid from using the computer as much but it does invade your child's privacy very much. My child feels like they can't trust me since they think I don't trust them. Also some of the most kid-friendly apps or websites are blocked.
- (2019-12-11) Freddy Fazbear: I hate this thing. Created by moms who hate on Eminem. Do not get
- (2019-10-04) Fire Fox: MY PARENTS DONT EVEN SEEM TO LIKE IT YET THEY KEEP IT ON AND I HATE THIS STUPID PIECE OF JUNK
- (2019-09-13) Jermaine Jackson: Garbage! And the responses from "Norton Browser Extensions by Symantec" in these reviews are garbage too. On a windows pc all a child has to do is remove the extension and they are free to surf whatever they wish. The extension will reinstall itself AFTER the child has closed the web browser and then opens again....but once again they'll delete the extension and browse freely. The Norton Family app is great on my android devices but this Chrome extension is pure GARBAGE!
- (2019-06-29) Claudia Alves Dos Santos: bom
- (2019-06-19) Adam Jolley: Useless. All your kid has to do is remove this and go on incognito and then they can search anything they want.
- (2019-05-26) Bozidar Mikic: sehrgut
- (2019-05-09) Tiger Kano: IT IS BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
- (2019-02-22) Geert Reintjes: Norton familie raad ik iedereen echt aan
- (2018-12-30) Oxana Bogucki: ok
- (2018-11-07) Gaby Uruguay: muy buena
- (2018-10-30) Thomas Engels: Norton Family is a good attempt at making the best-in class kids screen time software, but it needs a lot of work before it can call itself that. I'd like to let my daughter make calls (to friends) and listen to music when her screen time is over. I also would like an easy option to add a limited amount of time after time is up. And the monitoring web site needs an overhaul to make it much more easy to use. It's cluttered and it takes way too many clicks to do the most important things.
- (2018-10-19) Shaptai Segal: Great protection all around!
- (2018-10-07) Rayan P. Dumasia: it helps me vknow what sites are safe and ones that aren't when i download.
- (2018-09-14) jhonatan738: muy mala
- (2018-08-05) Ma Lu: you feel like someome is watching you at all time.
- (2018-07-25) Batoul Kassem: i hate this! it wont let me go on websites that i sometimes need to go on for school, but i cant because of this stupid app!!! i cant take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2018-05-28) random person: it doesn't work i want meh moneyz beck
- (2018-05-24) UltimateVroom: I can't go on any regular websites like twitter, discord, or even things like OR FORTNITE. 1/10 great appliction just great.
- (2021-03-12, v:220.127.116.11) 袁瑞铭: Delete this garbage
Breaks your kids trust and your spying on kids. Please delete this it doesn't deserve to exist.
- (2021-02-15, v:18.104.22.168) Sour _: Why does this exist
Only breaks trust and causes the kid to hate you
- (2020-09-14, v:22.214.171.124) Mike O: Chrome Broswer Extension easily defeated.. is there a solution?
My child can easily defeat the extension for Norton Family while in Chrome Browser. Is there a solution to this, or do I need to cancel this plan and find something else?
- (2020-08-10, v:126.96.36.199) Gene Hatfield: Finish-installing
I can not find the "links"/path to setup my account. I have Macular Degeneration of the eyes and have to magnify words so each letter is about 1 inch high. ( the overall magnification is about 16 times! The "screenshots" and horizontal scroll is so fast that I can not read it, and the screenshot itself is so "fuzzy"| at my reading level that it is unreadable! How can I get the rest of the questions answered? At 90 years old & with ARMD it is "difficult" to get things done right.... Gene Hatfield
- (2020-04-16, v:188.8.131.52) Diede Brantjes: Extensions settings.
My son found out that he can easily change the settings of the extension so that it only monitors when a specific site is visited. This is the same for both his administor account on his own laptop (I may have to change that) and child accounts on other laptops. How can I solve this problem?
- (2020-02-12, v:184.108.40.206) נפתלי יעקובוביץ: דבגסז
- (2019-12-20, v:220.127.116.11) Erik H: Causes Chrome to freeze upon launch - sends alert that plugin was disabled
I found the BHO plugin is somehow causing Chrome to freeze upon launch more than 50% of the time. The top bar will simply say "...loading." I need to close and relaunch several times for Chrome to finally open, and at some point an alert is sent to the "parent" that the plugin was disabled. Most of the time the plugin actually works, but the rest it doesn't - it's loaded but says "can't read site's data." I found the plugin works correctly on IE11, although it sometimes loads slowly, and I'm prompted to disable it. What's up?!
- (2019-10-04, v:18.104.22.168) Kerstin Sjöberg: Språk
Jag kan inte engelska språket allt står ju på engelska. Vill ha svenska språket
- (2019-08-09, v:22.214.171.124) Jakub Horbacz: Rozszerzenie norton family
Witam, Czy jest możliwość aby zablokować możliwość usunięcia rozszerzenia poza kontem administratora?
- (2019-07-03, v:126.96.36.199) Crysti Schloenvoigt: blocking internet content
There seems to be no restriction other than time on my child's account
- (2019-06-10, v:188.8.131.52) Nelida ascaño: cambiar usuario
puse la aplicacion en la pc familiar deseo saber como quitar la restriccion para yo poder utilizarlo pues no puedo ver peliculas
- (2019-05-06, v:184.108.40.206) Jazmine Sherrington: You Tube
I have allowed You Tube on my Childs Norton Family settings and it allows access to what appears to be the mobile site but then won't play any videos?
- (2018-12-23, v:220.127.116.11) rayno bertucci: problème
Fjr, je n'arrive pas à mettre norton safe web sur chrome merci de votre réponse
- (2018-08-08, v:18.104.22.168) T.: Anyway to Lock this extension
It works great but it is just as easy to turn off and/or remove. Any way to lock extension from all of us, including myself? I own Premium so why do I still need this extension? Also can U tell me what "Allow access to file URLs" does?
- (2018-06-22, v:22.214.171.124) Katalin Erdelyi: Sign in refused with message
502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server. There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.
- (2018-05-03, v:126.96.36.199) Caleb Harwood: you tube
youtube won't load
- (2018-02-19, v:188.8.131.52) Lance Gordon: google pixel 2
Norton Family is not showing any of the apps installed on a recently purchased google pixel 2. Is it not compatible with newer android devices??-Lance