Reduces the height of the new Google Bar to give you more room for the rest of your content
This extension reduces the vertical space taken up by the new Google Bar. With this extension installed, the Google Bar will take up even less space than it would if you manually select “Compact” density in the apps that support it. It also eliminates the black Google services bar. Currently this works on Calendar, Docs, Drive, Finance, Gmail, Groups, Maps, News, Plus, Reader, Search, Sites (dashboard), Search (most types), Settings, and Voice. The reason for the long permissions list is simply to access the Google Bar on all these sites in all countries. Updates: - Update 14 fixes issues with the new (I/O '13) Google+ redesign - Update 13 fixes issues with the new Google+ profile design - Update 12 adds support for the web history page - Update 11 adds support for advanced web and video search and the account authorization page - Update 10 adds support for Google Account settings pages - Update 9 adds support for many TLDs (e.g., “.fr” or “.co.uk”) instead of just “.com”. - Update 8 adds Google Drive and Google Advanced Image Search and upgrades to manifest_version 2. - Update 7 fixes organization logos being too large (only affects Google Apps users). - Update 6 improves the UI around the compact Google Bar in Google+ and enables the compact Google Bar on the Google Contacts manager. - Update 5 fixes extra padding on the share and notification pop-ups. - Update 4 removes the black bar that Google re-added as of 2012-02-09. Also try: Compact Density for Google Contacts: http://goo.gl/mSuHp Compact Density for Google Docs: http://goo.gl/bcWAz Compact Density for Google Reader: http://goo.gl/jxLzh Compact Density for Google Voice: http://goo.gl/leabq
- (2013-09-07) Ayden Zhang: minimal is best
- (2012-11-06) Scott McCarthy: GamerZ. Would give 5*, but this does not play well with Big G Black Bar Sorter. It completely eliminates the menu. Think you could work with Harry to permit concurrency?
- (2012-09-02) Karl Horky: Removes black Google services navigation bar at top of screen
- (2012-02-10) Andreas Giesen: Does reduce density of the gray area with the searchfield; does not remove the new blackbar with the links in Gmail, in Reader and Google+ the black bar is gone...
- (2012-02-07) Daniel Torres: only work in google+
- (2012-01-16) Not sure what this does but it does not seem to change anything.
- (2015-10-23, v:14) James Davis: Google bar??
I don't see any Google bar as pictured in overview. I thought it was not available in Chrome?
- (2012-10-03, v:7) Sébastien GOETZ: Bogue !
1-Removes black Google services navigation bar at top of screen 2-I'm french.. it does not work on domain .fr