Always shows the Watch Later button for Youtube embedded videos.
This extension forces the Watch Later button to be visible for embedded Youtube videos. --> updated 9/6/17 ---> minor bug fix --> updated 7/18/17 ---> fixed another issue in some instances where it wouldn't show the Watch Later button --> updated 2/14/17 ---> fixed an issue in some instances where it wouldn't show the Watch Later button --> updated 9/24/15 ---> faster ---> more reliable ---> more efficient
- (2021-01-21) Erik Jakobsson: Thanks for making the plugin! Requests: 1) Add options with a checkbox to "force WL button in top right on videos viewed on youtube.com". 2) Add "How your data is used" information, if there is no chance of data being tracked or sold it'd be great if it's stated even if it's just a promise with no systems of guarantee. Thanks!
- (2019-12-21) Justin Folger: **Update - still love this extension, but after moving to Brave, it doesn't appear to be working any longer. Equally sad is it doesn't appear the dev is developing this anymore. Tsk. Such an awesome extension, and the dev is amazingly responsive. Very much appreciated in this sea of junk on the rest of the Chrome extension marketplace. :)
- (2018-12-15) Red Rose: Funciona e cumpre seu papel! Os vídeos que antes não mostravam o botão de adicionar à playlist agora o fazem. Mas por quê eu não marquei com 5 estrelas? Pois não mostra a opção em todos os vídeos - se você clicar no "show more", aqueles vídeos que aparecerem a mais não tem o botão.
- (2018-01-25) Rooty Revue: Great extension! I use it to add videos to my watch later queue so I can watch stuff on my TV after work.
- (2017-07-14) William Navarro: Extremely useful! I use the "watch later" playlist everyday and it always bugged me when a video didn't show this option. Problem solved!
- (2017-04-18) Ziver Koc: Thank you for this extension! saves so much time.
- (2017-04-14) Molly Whuppie: Fabulous! #1 Extension, use it every day.
- (2017-02-15) theworstnameever kangwanshirathada: very very very useful. developer is great too, youtube made an update or something causing the extension to stopped working but the developer quickly fixed the issue. great!
- (2017-01-03) Jeramy Phillips: Works great, though only seems to work on videos on the Youtube web site. I cannot seem to get the watch later to work on embedded Youtube videos on other sites.
- (2017-01-02) Lucy Davinhart: Fantastic. Just what I was looking for :)
- (2016-12-19) Flawid D'Souza: Just what I needed.
- (2016-11-04) VALVALIANTTHOR: Good extension, but it doesn't work with Magic Actions, wish it did.
- (2016-10-12) Scott Barnett: Yes! I hate it when embedded videos hide the watch later icon. this is perfect.
- (2016-06-10) Samuel Liebermann: Awesome, efficient and useful tiny extension that saves tons of times when reading articles or YouTube through RSS. Where’s the 'donate' button?
- (2016-01-25) Cody Gabriel: Doing God's work. Thank you
- (2015-10-20) George Zackrison: This extension is great and works very well. Little things like this really help Chrome work a lot better than any other browser.
- (2015-10-02) Lilian Myard: Works perfectly! Thank you so much for creating this!
- (2015-08-08) Alex Ruimy: THANK GOD THIS EXISTS. Seriously, wtf was Google thinking?!
- (2020-10-20, v:1.4) Andrew Meier: Button opens popup and reloads youtube page, doesn't add to watch later
The button worked for years, but recently I'm having the same problem as Molly Whuppie described on May 18, 2018. When I click the button, a popup window with the URL "youtube.com/post_login" opens, then closes itself after a second, then the original youtube page reloads itself without adding the video to Watch Later. This problem persists after uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome, restarting my computer, disabling all other Chrome extensions, and deleting all cache and cookies.
- (2018-05-18, v:1.4) Molly Whuppie: weird popup
Not sure what is going on but when I click on the watch later icon today I get a popup with the URL "https://accounts.youtube.com/accounts/SetSID" which stays open for a second or two and then closes. Nothing gets added to my watch later list. It happens on any site I try clicking on watch later. Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2018-01-25, v:1.4) Rooty Revue: Invalid request warnings
I am getting an 'invalid request' warning whenever I hit the watch later icon on video embeds...There also seems to be a small window that opens briefly when clicking 'watch later' after which the watch later icon turns into an exclamation mark which upon hover indicates the 'invalid request' notification. I checked on a different google account and didn't have the same problem, but did get the small window popping up. Instead of disappearing immediately it asked me to choose which of the two YouTube accounts I wanted to use in this instance. The watch later button functioned normally after selecting an account. Not sure why this account which doesn't have a legacy YouTube account tied to is having problems, but it does appear to work correctly else where
- (2017-06-30, v:1.2) Molly Whuppie: Broken on some sites
I too am finding this isn't working on some sites. Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit), Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5, Extension version 1.2.
- (2017-06-23, v:1.2) theworstnameever kangwanshirathada: maybe need another fix again
just like last time, back during Feb early this year, it stopped working on some sites. maybe youtube updated something. hopefully you will have a fix for it too, soon. thank you in advance! best extension!
- (2017-06-18, v:1.2) Geoffrey Plitt: No longer working
- (2017-06-18, v:1.2) Keith Ketover: Stopped working...
Ugh. Looks like YouTube updated something and now this isn't working anymore. Now there is an info button where the beautiful Watch Later button used to be. I hope you can get it working again! Thanks for the great extension!
- (2017-06-17, v:1.2) Justin Folger: Missing icon again
Version 59.0.3071.104 (Official Build) (64-bit) Mac OS Not sure what happened, it was working splendidly a few days ago and -poof-, it's gone again. I'm running version 1.2.
- (2017-02-14, v:1.1) theworstnameever kangwanshirathada: was working fine for a long time, just stopped
i mainly used it for 9gag.tv to "watch later" and has been using it for many months. i was away for the weekends, but now the button doesn't appear anymore (was using it last on friday)
- (2017-02-10, v:1.1) Justin Folger: Quit working!
Hey Scott - undoubtedly one of my favorite and most useful extensions. Today, for some reason it just quit working. Mac OSX 10.12.3, Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit). I tried disabling all my blockers and re-enabling it, quitting Chrome, etc, it just simply doesn't appear anymore. I also deleted it and reinstalled, no change. Any thoughts? I only use Ghostery and AdBlock, and as I said, I disabled those and it made no difference.....
- (2016-10-09, v:1.1) Geoffrey Plitt: Suddenly stopped working
No longer working, please fix