Hides images/backgrounds/video/multimedia/flash elements on any page for increased privacy and readability
NEW VERSION 1.5 1) fixed <i> bug 2) improved again hiding algorithm 3) all code refactored A huge thank you to Cody Richmond for the revised code of this new update! When you are at office, for easier readability and performance, or when you simply want to hide all but text from a page you're visiting, you can do it all with one click with this extension. With a simple click all these items will disappear: 1) images 2) logos 2) backgrounds 3) videos 4) iframes (facebook boxes, youtube etc..) 5) multimedia/flash objects A simple refresh and your page will be back with all elements. It works with all websites, affects only the current tab/page, and does not affect the general browser settings.
- (2019-10-05) Rhys Pippard: Can we have a right-click menu option as well please? Otherwise, great app! Thanks
- (2019-03-09) Mikåel King of the Hills: awesome
- (2019-01-31) Евгений Гилёв: Не работает.
- (2019-01-23) Vincent Duplessy: Simple, usefull and very fast.
- (2018-10-31) Rimous143: do not hide automatically unable to unhide after hiding
- (2018-04-22) Gersivan Oliveira: Esconde, mas preserva o espaço na página.
- (2018-04-19) Ken Moore: Does just what I need -- a simple click hides a distracting looping GIF, or lets me catch up on news at work without coworkers seeing politically charged images on my screen. Would be nice if there were an easy way to toggle images back on (perhaps an option to say whether the 2nd click would hide all images again, or show them).
- (2018-04-04) Rex Alvin Erro: The overall effect on a webpage is excellent. This works without impacting the actual layout of the webpage. The only thing though is that you have to keep enabling it on every page. There should be an option to leave it on unless toggled. Keep up the good work!
- (2018-03-14) Oni Honker: Works as promised.
- (2018-01-03) Rob Lund: Just works, where the others don't.
- (2017-07-07) Florin Buda: Simple: does not work.
- (2017-06-20) Biju KP: do not show space holder.
- (2017-05-27) Simone Dagli Orti: I had a problem with Sent To Kindle with pages with too many images, this extension resolves the problem!
- (2017-05-08) Sharon Dee: I didn't realize how much images detracted from my reading experience until I downloaded this extension. All my PCs will have this extension installed!
- (2017-04-23) Mohamed Osama: useless
- (2016-03-08) Matt Young: Works nicely but needs a keyboard shortcut!
- (2015-12-09) Michel wamass: L'extension ne fonctionne absolument pas, il ne bloque ni les images ni les vidéos.
- (2015-11-22) Tom Hall: Meh. It works, but it's too simplistic for my needs. There are no configurable options. It's just a simple off/on button that you have to keep hitting on every new page.
- (2015-10-14) Bryan Jones: Absolute Trash. Not only does it not do any thing except click the button on top which blocks EVERY image on the site, the annoying button says "Hi". Um. No. BYE.
- (2015-09-28) PC HelpSoft: It only works when I press the icon. But this is useless if it's just a way to hide the images after the page has already loaded. No options to set. I disabled other extensions that might be conflicting but nothing worked.
- (2015-07-30) Günther Bosch: Works with the latest chrome. I tested many different extensions, all of them didn't work. This one is great. Cons: Doesnt work when images are "post-loaded" via ajax. They are then displayed.
- (2015-07-28) It works very quickly and efficiently hides photos!
- (2015-06-22) max poon: Flash, image, perfectly hide!! So good!!
- (2015-06-21) no sirve pa verga.
- (2015-05-24) KONO DILLER DA: этот приложение очень холодный