This extension saves you from embarrassment
Do you worry about your family checking out your browsing history in case of your sudden death? Is your heart racing when someone other than you is using your browser? Would you like the peace of mind that comes with a squeaky clean browsing history without permantly cleaning it up yourself? Then (surf) shameless is just the extension you need! (surf) shameless allows you to maintain a password protected blacklist of keywords and websites that will be continuosly deleted from your browsing history. But then what do I do with my favorite links on these sites? You add them to the password protected private bookmark storage of this extension. Want to be extra cautious? Preventive mode will make sure that all your visits to blacklisted sites take place within an incognito window. For a quick start just enable one of the lists that come prepackaged with the extension.
- (2013-01-06) Malcolm: Pretty good. Helps, but there a few idiosyncrasies. Like when you type in the url of a blocked website, it shows it for a second, then erases it. Overall, helps a lot.
- (2012-09-05) Daniel Neetzel: thanks for the great application!
- (2012-08-22) Zakaria Housbane: an awsome apps really
- (2016-02-06, v:0.9.3) Siggy Eman: Not removing history
Hi there, I've recently installed the (surf) shameless extension Version: 0.9.3. I'll installed it to exclude tumblr but it still shows in my browser history. Please advise. Kind regards, Siggy [email protected]
- (2012-10-09, v:0.9.3) Suggestion to turn off the right click name
It would be great to be hide tracks, that is the purpose of the extension. So i have 2 suggestions 1. Allow to hide the right click menu item so that there is no visibility of your extension unless some one takes a peek at the enabled extensions ( which is not that frequent) 2. rename your extension without the braces () so that the extension is NOT on the top of the list of extensions. 3. Change the Incognito icon to ... may be a transparent 1px dot of gif. It is a very nice extension. i personally like the selective history eraser.