Declutter webpages and improve readability... Point, click, boom!
Problem: Some websites have a lot of junk on them. ✔ boom! lets you declutter busy pages and make them readable again. Problem: Some websites won't let you use them without creating an account. ✔ boom! lets you knock down annoying paywalls and use websites like Pinterest or Groupon without signing up. Problem: Some websites show creepy advertisements. ✔ boom! lets you delete them to your heart's content. Problem: Some websites have terrible typography. ✔ Just shift-click a text element while boom! is active to improve its readability. Usage: Click the bomb icon. The fuse should light. At this point, you can: - Click elements to delete them. - Hold shift and click text elements to make them more readable. Hitting escape or clicking the bomb icon again defuses the extension. You can toggle boom! with a hotkey by going to Tools -> Extensions and clicking the "Keyboard shortcuts" link at the bottom. Bomb Logo by icon 54 from the Noun Project, Creative Commons 3.0
- (2022-05-23) Hà Lê: Really?
- (2022-01-20) Hayley Griffith: Works great! I would love an auto mode, or settings so the text is more readable for me (like font, colour and line spacing) because some websites make it SO hard! But as a decluttering app, it works really well.
- (2021-01-22) artur artur: need permanent changes
- (2019-02-25) Joshua Stratford: good
- (2017-11-22) Jim Ruby: Nice. Just follow the directions and it does a good job - click the icon to light the fuse and move the mouse over the web page to find and hide various elements.
- (2017-05-24) Naboon Riddhiraksa: It can be a good tool for some websites.. tho most silly websites made their divs too busy that I had to bomb too many elements.. manually.
- (2017-05-11) James Austin: Does nothing. Gets rid of nothing. Annoying stuff is still there.
- (2017-03-29) Jonathan Mesnard: Allows you to decide exactly which elements of a page you want to be presented with - great extension.
- (2017-03-15) Corrodias: Simple. Beautiful. Outlines the element that's going to be removed on mouseover. Only active when you click the button to activate it. It's just what I wanted.
- (2017-03-12) Bryan Dady: Doesn't change cluttered page I wanted to simplify, at all.
- (2017-02-16) Ailon Meir: Great, but you need to add an undo Button
- (2016-12-08) Jack Bicer: Doesn't do anything.
- (2016-06-21) Luke Hamburg: Pretty much perfect! Thank you for writing this. Any chance you'd consider adding a context-menu option as well?
- (2018-03-25, v:1.1.1) Luigi Simoncini: permanent declutter
allow the automatic decluttering of previously visited pages in the same way as I did manually before, but with just one (or even zero) clicks
- (2017-12-22, v:1.1.1) Corrodias: Incompatible with Amazon Prime Photos
When attempting to use the Amazon Prime Photos web site, I am immediately given the error, "You are no longer signed in. To continue, you'll need to sign in again." by the site. This only happens when boom! is enabled.
- (2017-04-18, v:1.1.1) Corrodias: Text added to XML file display
When viewing an XML file, such as http://www.xmlfiles.com/examples/note.xml , text is added to the bottom of the page that clearly seems to be related to this extension.
- (2016-12-07, v:1.1.1) Undo overzealous clicking??
I accidentally clicked away the important stuff...how do i resolve? Hands down most fab extension i've discovered!!!
- (2016-11-28, v:1.1.1) rebecca tinkelman: Nothing happened
Added this to my browser and it did nothing whatsoever
- (2016-11-15, v:1.1.1) MAKE IT WORK
I tried Boom!, but NOTHING HAPPENS