Unread article count, article reading time, time-tags for mobile apps, article ageing, surprise me, custom reading speed & more!
Pocket for power users! See how long an article is before reading. Open a random article for reading. Save articles even when offline. And Filter your article list by age or length of articles. ------- SOME FEATURES: 1. See number of unread articles on extension button in toolbar 2. Colour-coded reading time for each article. Also available as tags so reading time is available in mobile apps too. 3. Filter articles by length and age 4. 'Surprise Me': read a randomly chosen article from your list 5. Add new articles to pocket using keyboard shortcuts and/or context (right click menu) menu 6. Open pocket list quickly by pressing the AcceleReader button 7. Add articles to Pocket eve when offline. Articles are saved to your account when you are back online. 8. Article ageing: Older unread articles start fading out after 1 week. 9. View article count history graph ------- *** NOTE: Regarding frequent sign-in prompts for Google login *** *** Please sign-in using your Pocket username and password (you can create one at https://getpocket.com/account ). Logging in using Google in Pocket leads to frequent time outs, and re-authorisation requests. Logging in directly using Pocket username & password solves this problem with recurring login requests. ------- ** PERMISSIONS UPDATE: Adding support for Pocket beta requires additional permissions to access ‘app.getpocket.com’ - the extension will be disabled by Chrome if these permissions are not granted. Update 07 May 2019: 1. Added setting to disable notifications when articles are added 2. Removed donation links (beginning of end of active development) Update 07 Feb 2019: 1. Bug Fix: Pocket article sync was not working for some users - counter not updating, time tags not being added. Update 18 Dec 2018: Added support for new Pocket beta URLs - `app.getpocket.com` 1. ‘Read something’ works again, 2. Coloured time tags and total article count added back on the Pocket website 3. Filtering added back, though it doesn't work well at the moment (Pocket beta only shows 12 articles at a time, so only they are filtered) Update 15 Oct 2018: 1. Improved tagging and extension window 2. Resolved issue with filtering option sometimes not appearing on Pocket Full update notes here: https://updatenotes.blog/category/accelereader-for-pocket/ ------- This is an unofficial, 3rd party extension and uses the Pocket API, but has no formal affiliation with Pocket.
- (2019-10-24) Veroni Vajdova: No matter what, it won't connect with my pocket, keeps showing "one moment please"
- (2019-09-01) Андрей Мягков: Good day is a great expansion. I can not sort the article by time to change the color of the page and do not display the total timing of all articles.
- (2019-04-14) Anthony Plummer: A really nice extension with the kind of sensible customization that I like. Everything can be turned on or off independently and the options it adds are things with good arguments either way (i.e. clicking the button can open Pocket or Add to Pocket or give a random article--or a menu to choose). The one thing that bothers me to no end is that the unread counter doesn't disappear when it's zero. That's an aesthetic oversight that I'm not sure I can take for much longer and it's why I gave it four stars instead of five.
- (2019-02-07) The developer Adi is super great - I had an issue with the article count number being updated and within 12 hours of reporting the bug it was fixed and working good as new. I really like all the features and the extension in general, but knowing that any bugs will be addressed immediately is what makes me really impressed :)
- (2019-01-29) Martin Kučerák: good extension, but article counter is not working and reading speed is not showing in pocket list...
- (2018-12-07) Giuseppe Giovanni Pirrone: Fa schifo, non funziona.
- (2018-10-02) Игорь Шпирка: Good day is a great expansion. I can not sort the article by time to change the color of the page and do not display the total timing of all articles.
- (2018-02-18) Henrik Akselsen: Extremely well made. Thanks a lot
- (2017-11-26) Rick Sheahan: Seems useful, although I don't like how it has reading times replacing the suggest tags....
- (2017-11-16) Benjamin Scharf: this really helped me a lot - knowing how long an article takes/took to read - a count in the browser to see how many articles I have in pocket
- (2017-06-20) Eduardo Fernandes: Great!
- (2017-03-25) Clément Hervy: Great extension, works well with my "reading flow". I have a problem though, it keeps logging out every few weeks. It happens on every computer I use regularly.
- (2016-11-14) Pascal Forget: Perfect complement to Pocket. And the Estimated reading time tag appears in the mobile version of Pocket too, super useful to find shorter (or longer) articles to read on the go.
- (2016-08-09) Rafa Espillaque: Quite useful but ¿why I can't see my tags? I need to filter the archive by tag
- (2016-06-22) Sriniwas Sriram: Reading time is an awesome feature that helps me prioritize reading. Great extension to go with mobile app.
- (2016-05-30) Danny Seago: Haven't given many reviews, but after having a bit of trouble connecting it to pocket, it looks great! Worth the effort to get it going. My problem connecting, BTW, was that it would not connect directly by clicking "Log In With..." I had to manually enter my email and password. Worked with no problem then. So - first world problems, I guess ;-)
- (2016-04-23) Monkey On A Cloud: Excellent, thanks, hopefully this will help us tackle our reading list :-)
- (2016-03-15) Robert Nowlin: Excellent extension.
- (2016-01-19) Angus Lee: Random articles from my list! thank you^^
- (2015-12-18) I can't login, while I had 2 different extension ON. Why? Which Adblock option should I fix?
- (2015-11-25) Sergey Goncharov: best thing i ever use for pocket.!
- (2015-09-18) Paul Morgan: THANK YOU! I've wanted randomisation in Pocket since day 1, the estimated reading times are a nice touch too.
- (2015-09-17) Ada B.: cool! especially I like random article. very nice extension
- (2015-08-23) Vincent Corlay: This extension provides what Pocket lacks : very useful !
- (2015-07-06) Yura Moshnin: Do not understand russian articles
- (2017-03-22, v:2016.1116.1.16 Release) Samy Amirou: Tags for read duration
Hello, May I suggest a feedback on the automation of tags based on duration of the article / vidéo ? I think it is a great feature, but I think it will be better if you use less tags, because it is not very simple to search articles by duration due to too many choices. Ex : by using ranges like : "< 2min" "< 5 min", or "short", "long", "very long" ...
- (2017-03-14, v:2016.1116.1.16 Release) n ascentt: Option to change toolbar icon
Love this addon, but still use Pocket Count because it uses the actual Pocket shield icon with the number overlay, I prefer the functionality of AcceleReader but really wish there was at least an option to use the Pocket Shield as the toolbar icon as it's easier to recognise.
- (2017-01-25, v:2016.1116.1.16 Release) Janelle Aurisch: log in everytime
Hi. Why do I need to log in every time I open Chrome now??? Why can't my log in details be remembered?
- (2016-11-18, v:2016.1116.1.16 Release) Christian Sino: It keeps asking me to login
After this version (2016.1116.1.16) I need to login to the extension very often. Every time I open the browser? I am not sure..
- (2016-11-01, v:2016.1031.1.8 Release) Ode Chan: Hiding Tags from "My List"
Also, not certain if its possible, but it would be awesome if we could hide certain tags from Pocket's homepage ("My List") :)
- (2016-11-01, v:2016.1031.1.8 Release) Ode Chan: Exclude Tags From "Surprise Me"
Could we possibly get an option to exclude certain tags from "surprise me"?
- (2016-06-09, v:188.8.131.52 Release) sasha kutovoy: Работа Кармана вне Сети
Как сделать работу Кармана вне сети?
- (2016-05-25, v:184.108.40.206 Release) Eleanor Emmott: "reading time count" and filters missing
Like a few other users, I am missing the reading time count and filters. The keyboard "." shortcut isn't working either.
- (2016-05-24, v:220.127.116.11 Release) Reading time does not update
Total time is always the same after it reached a plateau of 7046 minutes (!) and 1000 articles. Now I have "only" 700 unread ones but the total time is always the same
- (2016-04-23, v:18.104.22.168 Release) Monkey On A Cloud: No total-time count
I can’t see the main page up-right “reading time count” I can see in the screenshots. So I can’t access the filters, neither. Any idea?