This extension highlights your current position on any website. Keep track of wherever you are on the page!
Lose track of how far you've read on a page? This extension creates a full width yellow line wherever you click so you always know where you are. There's also an optional blinking cursor you can move horizontally across the page to keep track of exactly how far you've read. Note: You must press 'ctrl+e' on windows or 'cmd+e' on mac to enable the highlighter before the extension will work. Then simply click anywhere on the page. You can move down or up line by line by pressing 'f' and 'v'. Enable the cursor by pressing 'g'. Controls `ctrl + e` : enable / disable line-highlighter (windows) `cmd + e` : enable / disable line-highlighter (mac) `f` / `v` : fast move the line up / down (default 20px) `d` / `c` : slow move the line up / down (2px) `j` / `n` : increase / decrease the height of the line `g` : hide / show the cursor `i` / `o` : move the cursor to the left / right Thanks for checking out my extension! If you have any questions don't hesitate to leave a comment or tweet at @kylechadha. http://www.kylechadha.com
- (2021-03-09) Paloma Saco-Vertiz: the ctrl + e command opens the search bar in google chrome, so I can't activate the extension.
- (2020-02-25) Yeah Right: I thought I finally found the extension I was looking for or at least close to it. But it doesn't work all that well. First of all, there is no way of knowing if the extension is turned on or off. The icon always stays the same whether you click on it or not, not that clicking it does anything. Worse than that every time I load a new page I have to turn it on all over with the ctrl + e function. By the way originally I was looking for something to make scrolling trough lists easier to keep track of with an overlay line for instance at the bottom of each 'page' (as in how far the page goes up using the page down button). I guess you could consider that a feature request.
- (2020-01-27) Linda Sun: Thanks for addressing the above concerns. What a thoughtful and useful chrome extension!
- (2019-02-08) Cody Parke: Sorry for such a low rating, but I just can't get it to work. I was excited to start using this extension, but the documentation is really short and not clear. There's nothing to troubleshoot besides the key combo. I'm running macOS and I can't tell if it's supposed to be (no quotes): "cmd ctrl / + e" or "cmd e" or "ctrl e" or "ctrl + e" or "cmd + e" or "cmd cntrl e" or what. I've tried all combinations of the key symbols listed multiple times and they never worked. There's got to be relatively simple way to put that in a button in the extension menu, or something. I'll update my review if things improve. Cheers
- (2017-05-30, v:0.2) Frank D.: Ctrl+E on Windows
Nice extension! Any way for you to allow for the modification of the Ctrl+E shortcut to activate Line Highlighter? It interferes with the Chrome browser's Ctrl+E shortcut... or rather Chrome's kbs interferes with your extension.
2.3 (4 votes)
Last update / version
2020-01-22 / 1.1