Use mouse gestures to browse mails even faster!
Be more productive, save your time, use gestures! This was a Google Mail app (in labs). Unfortunately removed some days ago. So I remade it for us. Any advice and comments are welcome! Support me with 5 stars! :) UPDATE 13/10/12: New version arrived! Major bugs fixed. Enjoy! Need more help? Click! http://mousegestures.blog.hu/ p.s. If it's not working at first, don't give up! Try clearing your cache (Use CTRL+SHIFT+R hotkeys!) and restarting Chrome. That should do the trick. Usage: Press right mouse button then: - drag up: go to inbox* - drag left: newer mail** - drag right: older mail** * I know, this action should go to previous list, unfortunately it's impossible because annoying Chrome bug. :( ** Works only when you are reading a mail (watching a single list soon), because chrome bug. Sorry for that. Update comes soon. Disclaimer: Works with Windows OS only! Find me on twitter: @kisPocok
- (2014-08-27) Ishaan Garg: Awesome!
- (2014-01-23) Alfredo Barral: When dragging up back to inbox the MouseUp event is detected in the inbox page, so the message it releases above becomes selected and the context menu displayed. This is quite umconfortable. It would also be nice if dragging in the inbox navigated through the new Gmail tabs (Primary, Social, Promotions...)
- (2013-10-13) Anish Kannan: Very well done. Occasionally moves by two emails at once but for the most part works well.
- (2013-06-23) Mark Henderson: Thank you. This was my favorite gmail feature; I'm so glad to have it back.
- (2013-05-16) Mokie & Monty: i can see the triangle but when i leave the press it shows me the left click options....can any1 help here..? one more thing to add...i am using coolnovo...
- (2013-03-21) Arnaud Barré: Thanks for bringing this feature back.. used to be in Labs before Google removed it. From what I can see it looks pretty much the same. Good work ! Thanks mate
- (2013-02-09) Christian Chen: My right click context menu comes up every time, not allowing me to use this efficiently at all. May be a bug but the extension needs some more work. Keep it up.
- (2012-11-29) Matheus Fernandes: Saudades!!! Pensei que nunca mais ir ver isso depois que saiu do labs, pena que é só no Chrome, Mas reclamar pra quê né? Realmente maravilhoso, obrigado desenvolvedor!
- (2012-11-13) Rutger Groot: Epic work!
- (2012-11-05) Mathieu H: Thanks for giving this feature back ! It works perfectly once you clear the cache and restart Chrome ! :D
- (2012-11-04) Huy Donguyen: Worked great on the first install. Gmail/Google should bring this functionality back rather than requiring the use of an extension.
- (2012-11-01) Doesn't work on my hp laptop.
- (2012-10-12) Matias Irigoytia: Me ha dejado de funcionar a la semana de instalarlo. Alguna sugerencia? La aplicación en si es excepcional.
- (2012-10-10) Jeremy Gregg: Cleared cache, restarted multiple times, can't get it to work.
- (2012-09-14) Travis Loving: Holy Undies of Awesomeness!! I missed this lab dearly. Thank you sincerely for bringing back this supremely awesome utility!! You sir get some serious badass points!!!
- (2012-08-07) Chang-Tse Wu: Thanks! You save me! This was my favorite feature.
- (2012-08-01) Works just fine... Just miss the original look with the Big arrow showing the click direction.... After all, it is better than nothing... Thanks a lot
- (2012-07-31) Hiro: Was excited when I heard about this. I loved gestures in gmail. Unfortunately, I've been unable to make this work at all. :( I hope it's a simple bug the author discovers and that he's not abandoned the project. Good luck!
- (2012-07-10) Jason Loi: Very temperamental. Worked the first day or two and now doesn't work. On another computer, for the first few days it worked but did not show the visuals. Now does not work at all either. So for me, two computers worked for the first few days and no longer work anymore.
- (2012-07-04) Vishal Bansod: Didn't work for me :-(
- (2012-06-26) Francis Sims: It seems to be working, but I do not see the arrow when I right click and move my mouse. Is that only in the pictures to relate to the actual gmail lab??
- (2012-06-09) Bruno Luiz: Very good, mostly because Google has removed the (labs) mouse gestures
- (2012-06-09) ria rua: I'm happy to have mouse gestures back again. One difference I noticed between this version and Google's version is that when you get to the most recent email and flick to go to the next email, it does nothing. Google's one used bring you back to the inbox.
- (2012-06-01) Chatbot Hacker: Thank You - very good tool
- (2012-05-30) Anshuman Sowani: Can you make this update please? Up is NOT always Inbox. Up is the previous mail-display page, e.g. if I run a search, or if I am inside a label, I want to go back to those results with the UP gesture, not inbox. That is how Gmail Mouse gestures used to work anyway. Ask others if you're not sure. ----------- Bravo for the Triangles! :) It works after clearing the cache. Good work so far, though. :)
- (2018-11-05, v:0.9.5) App Doesn't work :(
Hi It doesn't working for me :( Icon in chrome is grayed all the time :( "Options" are grayed out, too. Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit) Windows 10 Pro
- (2016-03-07, v:0.9.5) Eduard Kotlyar: Thank you for useful extension
Are you planing any updates? Example: Gesture for "Send"? No updates from 2012???
- (2015-04-09, v:0.9.5) Ken Colwell: "return to inbox" swipe up selects messages
Hi, I love this extension. Saves me a ton of effort -- no idea why they removed the original Labs feature. But when I'm looking at a message, and swipe up to return to the inbox, whichever message the cursor ends up over when the right-click is released is selected. Example: I'm reading an email, and I depress right-click in the center of the screen, at coordinates (100,100). I move the mouse up, enabling the "back to inbox" swipe arrow. I release the right-click button, at coordinates (100,150). Now the extension returns me to the inbox. But the message line that occupies (100,150) is now checked. This has been a real issue for me, because I'll select other messages for deletion, not realizing that an important message is ALSO checked and will be deleted alongside the unimportant ones. Gmail seems to think that releasing the right-click button should activate the right-click menu (and select the message under the cursor), even if I didn't depress the right-click button on that message. It seems like there'd be a simple fix. Are you still maintaining this extension? Thanks, Ken Colwell
- (2015-01-28, v:0.9.5) Martin Cleaver: Extension on PC and Mac?
I am very happy with the Mouse Gestures extension using a mouse on my PC. But I also have a Mac and it automatically gets used there too... but on the Mac it just shows grey arrows all the time and doesn't work as it does on the PC. However, if I switch the extension off on the Mac, it is also switched off on the PC.
- (2012-10-05, v:0.9.3) Bryan Stiles: The extension stopped working about a week ago
I have been using this for a number of months and it has been slightly buggy. Usually I can get the extension to work by reloading gmail or opening a new tab. After a few tries it usually kicks in. About a week ago it stopped completely. I've tried reloading gmail, opening new tabs, restarting chrome, clearing the cache and re-installing the extension. Nothing will get it to kick in.